Modified By and Modified On fields

I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most
others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the
form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list
is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore,
cannot be modified by a user

"mkatsev" wrote:

> I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most
> others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the
> form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list
> is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
In CRM 1.2 these fields could be modified by system level operations in CRM
therefore cannot be relied up on to provide accurate data on who did the
last update. I dont know if this is the same in CRM 3.0

=========================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx

"mkatsev" <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and.
>therefore,
> cannot be modified by a user
>
> "mkatsev" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most
>> others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing
>> the
>> form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user
>> list
>> is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

0
John

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Using the highest count for the field name in a query
I have a table that list a count of peoples visits along with the State City and 5 digit Zip Code. I would like to query this data so I can get a total(Sum) of peoples visits by their 5 digit zip code. This is difficult because some Zip Codes can have more than 1 town associated with that 5 digit zip code. I would like the total for all trips in that zip code but have only the city or town with the most visits listed in the city field. For instance I would like the table below City State Trips 5 Digit Zip Anytown OH 1 18555 Anytown OH 2 18555 Farmtown...

criteria field to auto filter
ok that seems to work but the problem now is that the screen is blank, if i select the filter the date in the field is correct with the right criteria but i have to select OK for it to work, how can i get it to select OK automatically so that will display all the transaction dates... thanks for this >>>> The < operator should be enclosed in quotation marks, and followed by an ampersand: Selection.AutoFilter field:=4, Criteria1:="<" & lessdays dhbyrne wrote: > Hi, > I am trying to write a macro that will use the autofilter function in Excel. I ha...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

Can't trim white space from large varchar field
Hi, I am reading two very large varchar fields (2600) from the sql server 2005 database of our ERP. This reading is being done by a cursor. In the cursor select statement I rtrim and ltrim the field. No matter what I do the length of the field is always 2600. I can see that there is some sort of white space to the right of the text. Whatever that white space is, it can't be trimmed by ltrim or rtrim. I tried running the sql from the cursor as a query and had the same problem. Any help would be appreciate it. fig000 If you do a RTrim of a varchar column, the...

How Do I change the User name field
Running WinXp SP2 with Office 2000 I have 100+ PCs that I need to change the Username field so that when the user gets 'File is locked' message, I know who originally opened the file. I know this can be manually done by going Tools - Options - General. But with 100+ PCs I would prefer to able to this either by Group policy or a script?? Does anyone have any ideas. ...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

memo/payee fields
Even though my wife's employer's name is listed in the 'memo' field for a downloaded transaction, money insists on auto-filling the 'from' field with my employer. anyone know how to change this stuff? happens with grocery stores too - even though the transaction is downloaded from kroger, the 'from' field will always say 'meijer', for example. i suspect it's the same problem. Sound like your bank is sending malformed data. Typical. Try calling them and telling them to get with the program. "russ" <rbowman88@cinci.rr.com> w...

Problem importing leads/contacts with embedded comma in fields
When importing .csv file, if a text field that is delimited with double quotes contains a comma the import tool still see the comman and separated the field into two or more fields, which then shifts all the following fields into the wrong position. Am I missing a fix. I am running CRM 1.2 with the last rollup. Was there an earilier patch to fix this. Thanks - Bob There is no fix. You have to ensure your CSV data is clean. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Robert Morris" <RobertMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EBD...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

How to make a Case field required only when choosing to Resolve ca
I've added a couple custom fields to the Case form which have to do with the resolution of the case. If I make these fields "Business Required", the user is forced to fill them out when creating a case. But these entries have to do with the final resolution to the case - and the user isn't going to know the answer to those questions until the case really is resolved. How would I make entries in these fields required when the user tries to do "Actions/Resolve Case"? It appears that a better place for these would be on the "Resolve Case -- Web Page Dialo...

Is it possible to save a BLOB field on file system
Hi I need to know if it's possible to save a BLOB field in a folder of the filesystem where SQL Server is installed. Thanks, D. On Sat, 01 May 2010 17:03:26 GMT, "G." <g@g.com> wrote: >Hi I need to know if it's possible to save a BLOB field in a folder of the >filesystem where SQL Server is installed. > >Thanks, >D. > Hi SQLServer 2008 has a filesteam data type which you can look at in Books Online or for earlier versions check out http://databases.aspfaq.com/database/should-i-store-images-in-the-database-or-the-filesyste...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

sort by user-defined fields
I have created several user-defined fields in a contacts folder; some are regular text fields and some keyword fields. I am trying to define views, using these fields to sort by, but not all of the fields appear in the list of user-defined fields in the sort dialog box. Even fewer of these fields appear in the list of fields under the folder name. They all appear when I want to use them to filter the contacts. Is there a property setting for fields that allows sorting? You group by keywords fields, not sort. If the field doesn't appear in the User-defined Fields in Folder list, ...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

Map fields from Case to Service activity in CRM 4.0
Hi. CRM 4.0 UK version: On my Case entity I have made two costom date fields: "case start" and "case end". When I create a Service Activity, I would like to map theese two dates to the start date and end date on the service activity. Can I do that? If not (because you can not edit the mappings between coston fields on Case and service activity): Are there any date fields on the case I can use, and can be mapped to the start and end dates on the service activities. Thanks Regards Jacob Mondrup I have not tried mapping but it should not be issue with custom wor...

Suppress word dialog
Hello all Have used a macro that updates fields in the header when the document is opened. Now I want to expand so it updates fields in whole document. Code works but it displays a dialog that the user has to click Yes to. Message in dialog: Word cannot undo this action. Do you want to continue? Is there any way to suppress this message or maybe use SendKeys? Code: Sub AutoOpen() ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName Dim oStory As Range For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges ' If oStory.StoryType = wdPrimaryHeaderStory Or oStory.StoryType = wdFirstPageH...

Creating a populated field
Im building a form and in the subform I want a "description" field to be populated when I enter a "Part Number" in the field before it. I have a separate table listing part numbers and their descriptions. It's been a while and my memory is a bit rusty. Im working in Access 2000. Thanx for your help Tom On Nov 29, 11:45 am, Tom <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Im building a form and in the subform I want a "description" field to be > populated when I enter a "Part Number" in the field before it. I have a > separate tab...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

Adding company name to the "From" field
Hopefully this is an easy problem. We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 in a mixed domain. (Win2k and Win2003 servers) Lets say I am working for a company named "XYZ". The owner of the company wants the "from" line in the email client to say "Bill Smith, XYZ Company". Unfortunately I can not find a way to do this. Any help is appreciated. Bob Hi Bob, Just use ADModify to rewrite the Display name for every user in your company, or for users of that company (if companys are sharing and AD) ADModify can be found here: http://www.gotdotnet.co...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...