Modified By and Modified On fields

I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most
others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the
form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list
is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore,
cannot be modified by a user

"mkatsev" wrote:

> I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most
> others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the
> form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list
> is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
In CRM 1.2 these fields could be modified by system level operations in CRM
therefore cannot be relied up on to provide accurate data on who did the
last update. I dont know if this is the same in CRM 3.0

=========================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx

"mkatsev" <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and.
>therefore,
> cannot be modified by a user
>
> "mkatsev" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most
>> others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing
>> the
>> form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user
>> list
>> is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

0
John

Problem importing leads/contacts with embedded comma in fields
When importing .csv file, if a text field that is delimited with double quotes contains a comma the import tool still see the comman and separated the field into two or more fields, which then shifts all the following fields into the wrong position. Am I missing a fix. I am running CRM 1.2 with the last rollup. Was there an earilier patch to fix this. Thanks - Bob There is no fix. You have to ensure your CSV data is clean. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Robert Morris" <RobertMorris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EBD...

Modify CN in the Full Mailbox Directory Name
I have a couple users that have changed their names. I've changed everything that I can, but in the type ahead I get the proper name but in <> I get the old CN. Is there anyway to modify this? Thanks, Paul Hi Paul, Just use ADSIEdit to modify the legacyExchangeDN attribute of the user, to specifying the new account name. So if this attributes value is: /o=ExchOrg/ou=Domain/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=OldUser Change to /o=ExchOrg/ou=Domain/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=NewUser Then Right click on each of your RUS Items selecting "Update Now", and right click Rebuild on your Offline Addres...

How do you create a formula subtracting 1 field into a 2nd field
I am trying to subtract example Billed $ -Paid $ = Saving $ Mark, First, change the names of those fields. Avoid spaces in names. (if you do have a name with spaces, make sure you always bracket... ex. [Billed Amount]) When in doubt... bracket. Avoid Access reserved words, and special characters. The $ designates a string in Access, and should be avoided used in object names. [Billed] - [Paid] = [Saving] -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you lo...

Modified reports
In 7.5 I created a modified picking ticket. After our upgrade to 9.0, the SOP print picking ticket is choosing the stansdard picking ticket. I have gone in and regranted security access to this report even though it said it existed, I have gone into report writer to verify that the report made it thru the upgrade, and I have logged out and back into GP but to no avail. Any suggestions?? You are probably going to have to customise the report again. The problem is that the v7.5 SOP Blank Picking Ticket Form form is no longer used on v9.0. To support new functionality v9.0 uses either...

acess form: how can I have more than 2 people modify it?
someone told me about the bcm v2 - what is that? I've only found it for outlook... it should make 5 people open and modify the form I've created in Access, is this right? I'd like to know how I can have a shared folder with an Access Form be used by several people at the same time, not just one. Is this possible? If someone could help me on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Never heard of bcm v2, but the rest of your question is fairly common. With an Access application you want to be available for multiple users, here is the correct way to deploy it. First, let me say D...

Not able to modify another users shared tasks with owner permissio
Some of the users here have started using tasks and they have shared their tasks. Here is the senario. User A has some tasks and has given User B owner access to their tasks list. User B opens the shared tasks of User A and cannot change the names or due dates of any of the tasks. We are using outlook 2003 with a exchange 2003 server here. I have looked all over for a reason for this but havent found an answer any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks, What *kind* of access? Haven&#8217;t tried it, but I&#8217;d bet the delegate permissions need to be set to &#8220;Ed...

Modified Legend
I have a chart legend where I have deleted many of the legend items. When I save the workbook, close it and then reopen it, the first and last desired item appear in the legend as well as the items I have deleted. If I save the workbook again, close it and then reopen it (without changing anything) the legend will be as I want it to be. The legend will continue to "flip" back and forth between the desired and undesired contents as long as I save the workbook prior to closing it. Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening? I have several graphs in this workbook, ...

Question about modifying modules.
I know it is a simpleton question, forgive my noobness.I (obviously) know nothing about creating modules. the "for dummies" books don't even enter in to it, and the Access Bible just overwhelms me with info.But I have been able to modify some modules by cut and pasting info into them from wizard created products.A simple example isI set one control button to print a report. and I set a second button to print an envelope with its correspondingaddress info.I cut the command from button 2 and pasted it into button 1 so it prints both with one comand button.My question is, can a paus...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

Modifying Combo Box
I inherited an excel file that has combo boxes on it. However, I cannot edit the contents of the box. No matter what I do, I do not get the properties option for the box, so I can't change anything. I do not think this is a standard excel combo box. Does anyone know of another type of combo box outside of the standard form version and the ActiveX version. Thanks. Kelvin Have you checked that it isn't validation? Tools / Validation .... Sabine "Kelvin" <klu@klu.com> wrote in message news:eTeZBetsDHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I inherited an excel file t...

Modify Item Screen
When we use the look up item screen we need for this screen to show supplier. On the screen I would like to eliminate "ITEM TYPE" and add "SUPPLIER". Is this possible to add or delete collumns to the item look up window? -- Thank you very much. Bob No, but it is possible to create an addin that replaces the Lookup Window entirely. I think there is at least one add-in out there that replaces the Lookup Window, but don't know any other details. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------...

Field Braces
I could swear that Ctrl+F9 always resulted in field braces. However, the connection somehow doesn't work now and instead of field braces, it takes me to the field code window in which one can select many types of fields. What can I do to get just the field braces? Thanks in advance! How odd. According to Customize | Keyboard, Ctrl+F9 is assigned to InsertFieldChars. Make sure that your assignment is still correct; sounds like it may have gotten assigned to InsertField. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://wo...

Modify BOM with standard cost report
I need to modify the Basic BOM With Standard Cost report to show the parent item of components at all levels of a BOM. Our BOMs go 5 to 7 layers deep. The temp table built for the report includes a parent part number field but that value always comes out as the topmost item the report was run for. We're on 9.0 currently. Basically what I'm trying to show is on level 1 components the parent woudl be whateve the report was run for; level 2 components would then show a different sub-assembly as their parent. Can this be done in report writer? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------...

Adding fields with Modifier
There are several fields we would like to add to the Item Inquiry window - standard cost, price group, list price, item class, UDF1. None are currently included in the Local Fields table. How can I link to these fields to add them to the window? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Jim, I've waited for a better solution before suggesting what I would do to get this done but no one answered yet. I had a similiar situation in Inventory Inquiry window and there was no easy way to get that done. So, I decided to write vb code in Modifier, added labels and fields and then manullay saved and re...

Controlling fields in continous subforms (hunting for ideas)
Hi all, Just would like some of your views as to how to go about solving a problem. I have two tables (A and B) that are linked through a form to create records in a link table (C). Lets say that (A) represents bedrooms and (B) represents tenants. Obviously a tenant could stay in different rooms at different times, and obviously a room can have different tenants at each time. So (C) tracks instances where a tenant stays in a given room. Table (C) also contains the start dates and end dates of that instance of stay. All straightforward so far… Now, (C) manifests itself in a...

Mailmerge
Hello, when we do a mailmerge from CRM 3.0 to Word, unfortunately only certain fields are being "transferred" to Word (I know that used-defined fields will never be copied, but we also have several other "standard" fields which we would like to have in Word but we don't). Thus I have two questions: a.) How can I tell a given field to be included in the transfer-process in a mailmerge? b.) Is there anything like a list of fields which are included in a mailmerge by standard? Thanks so much for any help! Tobias. Hello, There is no way in the standard mail merg...

Modify Members Tab in outlook
Hi, Im trying to remove access to the modify members tab, in the outlook GAL. This appears when you list the members of a Distribution group. I would like to disable this option so Distribution lists may only be modified through Active Directory. Any help would be appreaciated..... Daragh Have you checked to see if anyone is indeed *able* to modify the members of the group from within Outlook? Just the presence of the tab doesn't mean the user has permissions to do it...post back with more info... daragh wrote: > Hi, > > Im trying to remove access to the modify members...

Modifying Query-based DL
I think I've found a workaround for my situation, but I'm just curious. Is there any way to modify the LDAP query string for a query-based DL? I want to create a custom filter that searches for one item OR another, but it seems like the query defaults to AND searching. The result is no items are returned. Thanks, Marc I believe you can change that through ADSI Edit. The usual warnings apply. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Marc Meltzer" <themeltz@nospam.postalias> wrote in message news:u%23xwqyK...

automatically increment field by one
Hi all I have an excel spreadsheet that contains a field that we at present manually update and therefore have to keep checking the last sequence number used. I would like to somehow create a way to auto update the field so that when opened the file will update the number (similar to purchase order sequencing). The field will also need to be secure so that it cannot be over written. Any idea's ? You could do this with some code in the Workbook_Open event For example Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Sheet1 .Unprotect Password:="ABCD" .Range("A1").Value...

Date Modified
When I go to open a file in Excel or save a file in Excel the window shows columns "Name, size, type, Date Modified". I also want it to show "Date Created". I can choose this option and put it there with no problem but I can't figure out how to make it come up every time. Thoughts? ...

subform with main form fields
Yeah, that sounds wierd :) I've got many tables with the same first 6 fields common to all tables. To handle the operations on these fields I created a subform (not a linked form but a normal data entry form with fields). The fields on this subform have no RecordSource property as the "Main Form" has the datasource. The subform is placed on the "Main Form" with the other form fields. I can place the existing values for those fields programmatically from within the OnCurrent method on the "Main Form". I am using Recordset backed forms. In INSERT operations ...

Word 2007 Field Update
I believe fields are supposed to update on opening by default, but mine never dop. I can only update manually in the body of text or a header/footer. How can I get them to auto-update (Ctrl+SHIFT+F11 does nothing) Assuming you open in Print Layout view, certain fields will be updated because the document is repaginated; see “Which fields are updated when you open, repaginate, or print document” at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211629. Some fields must still be updated explicitly with F9. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA ...

Date/Time Modified
Hello, My Access Database consists of many tables. The Query attached to my main Client Information Form is made up of 4 tables. -Client Table -Account Table -Batch No Table -Advisor Table Basically, I want to be able to insert a Date/Time Modified record at the top of my main form that will show a data modified if any record is changed/updated in any of these tables. Is this possible? Thank you, Mellissa -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

empty pivot table fields
How can I force a pivot table to, for example, say that there were no accidents in week 2. At present it says 3 in week 1 then jumps to 2 in week 3. I want week 2 =0 for charting purposes. -thanks Right-click on the Weeks field button. Select Field Settings Add a check mark to 'Show items with no data' Click OK bobf wrote: > How can I force a pivot table to, for example, say that there were no > accidents in week 2. At present it says 3 in week 1 then jumps to 2 in week > 3. I want week 2 =0 for charting purposes. -thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book...

How do I Modify Julian calendar restriction of 1900
Am working on family tree with many born dates prior to 1900 and death dates after 1900. Can't write formula to calculate age because of pre-1900 birthdate. Excel doesn't record a Julian number on the dates earlier than 1900. Is there a workaround? SAPOMAN wrote: > Am working on family tree with many born dates prior to 1900 and death dates > after 1900. Can't write formula to calculate age because of pre-1900 > birthdate. Excel doesn't record a Julian number on the dates earlier than > 1900. Is there a workaround? A little searching yielde...