Mobile Sync question

Hi

Could someone explain to me how exactly does CRM handle synchronisation
between mobile and the server?

For example, if a sales person syncs their data onto mobile then goes
offsite.  While he is offsite he modifies the data.  In the meantime someone
that is in the office connected to the network modifies the same data.  When
the sales person syncs to the network, my questions:

1) Which data is kept?  Does CRM check which one is the latest data and that
one is kept or does it replace whatever is in the system with data from the
mobile?

2) Does SFO syncs work the same way?

Thank you!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_1C47CD96

Hi-

Thanks for your question!

1) Which data is kept?  Does CRM check which one is the latest data and
that
one is kept or does it replace whatever is in the system with data from the
mobile?

Answer:
If anyone changes information in a field in a record on the Microsoft CRM
server while a mobile device is disconnected, and a mobile user makes
changes in that same record field and then synchronizes, the change from
the mobile user will be used. For example, if the mobile user updates the
main phone number in an account record on the device on Monday, and someone
at the office updates the same field in Microsoft CRM on Tuesday, and the
mobile user synchronizes on Wednesday, the phone number from the mobile
user will overwrite the record in Microsoft CRM.

Page 60 in the Mobile Implementation Guide explains even more about the
mobile sync process.

2) Does SFO syncs work the same way?

Answer:
Yes, the Sales for Outlook sync is handled in the same manner.  Basically
the "Last change in Wins".  However, this is only field level on both
mobility and SFO, so only the field that was changed, will be synced with
the server.  You will not overwrite any other fields that were not altered
on the SFO client or mobile device.

Have a great day!

Thanks!
Shawn Dieken
Microsoft Business Solutions Support

------=_NextPart_0001_1C47CD96

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi-
\par
\par Thanks for your question!
\par
\par 1) Which data is kept?  Does CRM check which one is the latest data and that
\par one is kept or does it replace whatever is in the system with data from the
\par mobile?
\par
\par Answer:
\par If anyone changes information in a field in a record on the Microsoft CRM server while a mobile device is disconnected, and a mobile user makes changes in that same record field and then synchronizes, the change from the mobile user will be used. For example, if the mobile user updates the main phone number in an account record on the device on Monday, and someone at the office updates the same field in Microsoft CRM on Tuesday, and the mobile user synchronizes on Wednesday, the phone number from the mobile user will overwrite the record in Microsoft CRM.
\par
\par Page 60 in the Mobile Implementation Guide explains even more about the mobile sync process.
\par
\par
\par 2) Does SFO syncs work the same way?
\par
\par Answer:
\par Yes, the Sales for Outlook sync is handled in the same manner.  Basically the "Last change in Wins".  However, this is only field level on both mobility and SFO, so only the field that was changed, will be synced with the server.  You will not overwrite any other fields that were not altered on the SFO client or mobile device.
\par
\par Have a great day!
\par
\par Thanks!
\par Shawn Dieken
\par Microsoft Business Solutions Support
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_1C47CD96--

0
sdieken

commandfield question
I have a gridview that has a commandfield in it at the start of each row. Here is the commandfield. <asp:CommandField SelectText="Detail" ShowSelectButton="true" ButtonType="Link" /> I need to open a webform in another window from this and pass a parameter of the ID for the record in the selected row. Preference would be to have this occur on the client side. How would this be accomplished? Samples/examples links are welcomed. Thanks...John "JohnE" <JohnE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DC9BC8D-1A0...

Compatiibility question
Hello Since I am going to college I qualify for the academic version of Publisher 2003. If I buy the academic version is this completely compatable with Publisher 2003? I anticipate sharing files with friends who have Publisher 2003. One other short question is when is a new version of Publisher coming out. Thanks Paul I was not aware of an Academic priced version of Publisher 2003. However, there is only one version available, so both will be 100% compatible. The next version of Publisher is due out October/November of 2006. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www....

CRM Mobile / Mobile Express
I'm stuck with a few questions here: - are these two different products? - I'd like to know if it can be used with ANY language version of CRM 3.0 server (as I'm not using the english version). - if an entirely new form is build in CRM 3.0 server, will that page then be available on CRM Mobile? Who can answer these questions? Regards 1. Yes, two different products 2. Microsoft CRM Mobile is available in English, German, French, and Spanish. 3. Build a new form in Microsoft CRM, do you mean a new View? The Views are not the same. However, you can access the fields inc...

WIndows 2000 SBS
I ahve a failing SBS 2000 and another windows 2003 domain conmtroller in my environment. I need to take some desperate measures to get this thing back on it's feet again and in the meantime I have to come up with a plan to get my users back up and running properly... Do you know if I can technically install the Exchange 2000 version that comes on the SBS 2000 cd's onto a standard windows 2000 server?? If so, I could set up another server with win2K standard and get excahgne running on it - then in the meantime rebuild my SBS or upgrade it. I realize this is likely an...

question for all you gurus...
hi, I'm trying to get a formula but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm trying to get the average of a set of numbers. I have the formula set up as: =sum(H7:H354)/ and this is where I get stuck.. How can I tell excel to divide this sum by the number of entries I have? it needs to be flexible enough to know adjust the "n" if I were to add more cells. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Confused Man =AVERAGE(H7:H354) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "confused man" <bfbj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:SP2dnQXU4c4P7bfdRVn-vg@adelphia.com......

Word excel questions
Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them came with Microsoft Word. The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by Corel. My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer class, they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some make ups at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a trial version for free until she is able to return to school? I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial version online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance -- Thanks so very much fo...

Bank Of America Credit Card
Damn it! Microsoft, whats going on here!!!! If I add my Bank Of America credit card account via MS it synchronizes the account and all is well. If I then sync Money 2005 it sees the acocunt and adds it. If I try to sync money 2005, it says that there is no provider available for my BoafA credit card. But! If I go back online I can do it via money. Now for the really annoying part.. Eventually, Money 2005 disables the online sync and the next time I sign on MSN its disabled here as well. This is clearly a problem with 2005 because I had no problems with 2004. Brian, here's the possi...

MS Money Project Leader needs FIRED- NO SYNC?
What in the heck was the idiot project leader for MS Money thinking when it was determined that Money 2007 shouldn't sync with a Pocket PC? And what is MS thinking when it determined that Windows Mobile 2005 wouldn't sync with ANY version of Money? People, I thought software and PDA's were supposed to HELP with productivity. What idiot is running the show at MS for their Mobile and productivity product lines? These two decisions have immediately kept me from buying MS Money 2007 (a product line I've used for YEARS) as well as upgrading to a newer Pocket PC. Way to go MS! ...

xy scatter plot question
I have xy scatter plot using dates for x axis. I change the min and max on the x axis weekly. The problem is that the lines are "bleeding" over the y axis. How do I make the lines go to the edge of the y axis but not over? (make sense?). thanks I suspect that's how some MS programmer decided to indicate "there's data back there that I cannot show." One way to 'fix' this would be to add a rectangle to the chart from the Drawing toolbar and position it properly. Kind of a pain but it works. Another option would be to set the min. x value equal to...

Median question
Hi Guys, I am working on a median formula as follows =MEDIAN(IF(OR(Data!$D$2:$D$29998=MCalcs!$A$11,Data!$D$2:$D$29998=$A$12),(IF(Data!$F$2:$F$29998>=MCalcs!B$7,(IF(Data!$F$2:$F$29998<=MCalcs!B$8,Data!$E$2:$E$29998))))))I have 10 product codes with monthly sales data, The worksheet Data whichstores my sales data, MCalcs is my median calulations worksheet. Thespreadsheet is pretty big storing 3 years worth of sales data, I willprobably go up to 5 years in total.What I am trying to do is work out a median of a group of numbers based onif it matches 2 product codes using this part of the ...

Simple question!
Hi, how can i verify wether I have exchange 2000 standard installed on my server or exchange 2000 enterprise Thanks-Rob Hi Rob Open the properties for your server via Exchange System Manager, if you see a checkbox on the General tab "This is a front-end server" you are running Enterprise, if you dont see this checkbox on the General tab your running Standard. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rob" <rob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:41c1d017$1@news.sentex.net... > ...

Configuration questions
Got some basic configuration questions... I'm using a newer version of Visio in the client's office than I have on my own machine so there've been some changes since the last time I wandered into some differences that are annoying me. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks. Where is the setting to prevent Visio from displaying the Template Help pane whenever I start a new drawing? I learned how to create a basic diagram ages ago so I really don't need that help and it's annoying to have to close it every time. I'd also like to either alter the default ...

MATCH within INDEX question
Hello, In a previous thread I got a nice solution to a lookup problem I ha with the INDEX/MATCH functions. I would like to learn exactly what the formula does so I understand i completely rather than just copy it in the future. I understand all apects of the following formula except for one: What is the "1" for in "MATCH(1,"? Thank you for any responses. Ron Hekier (Portion from previous thread follows) --------------------------------------- Hi try the following array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX('sheet2'!$E$1:$E$100,MATCH(1,('sheet2&#...

sync, again
I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows smart phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home. My smart phone has windows 6.1 How do I tell if this is a Outlook poroblem or something else? Thanks. Sorry, I should have said are NOT in sync. "DH" wrote: > I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows smart > phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run > Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home....

Mobile Device with full Excel version
I'm wondering if there is a mobile device (ie handheld PC, etc. something smaller/cheaper than a laptop) that can run the full version of Excel? I am wanting to distribute an Excel file that has VBA code to some field personnel. Does Windows CE mandate Pocket Excel? ...

Team/Business Unit Question
Hi, I'm trying to work out the best way to configure CRM 3 for our organisation (we provide support services to doctors) to replace an existing database. This existing database had a contacts section for details of all our professional members, linked to their organisations they belonged to. This database though also kept a separate 'module' for contact and service info that a select group of our staff could access for a confidential health service we also provide. At the moment in CRM we have one business unit for our organisation and at the moment all our crm users can se...

3 questions about ActiveX settings?
I'm using WinXP-pro and Outlook2003. When I see a certain (reputable) eNewsletter every day in the long list of incoming emails, I click on this one to make it full sized so I can read the headlines. But before Outlook brings it up, it warns... (yellow exclamation point)"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly" It used to not do this, two things have happened recently...first, I've downloaded all the Win patches, and secondly, the newscompany seemd to have upgraded their newslett...

For each Col question
I have code where I want to process each unique column in a selectio only once. It works when the user selects an entire column(s) b selecting the column header. It also works when the user selects range by hiliting it, even if mulitiple rows are selected. It doesn' work when you select cells by using the Ctrl key. For example, if select B9, C12, E19, and B10, the code processes column B twice instea of once. Is there a way to only process it once? The following my Fo statement for looping through the columns: For Each col In Selection.Column -- LA -----------------------------...

using gdi in mobile
Hi, I'm using visual studio 2005 to draw the screen on mobile device . I'm looking for some smaple in using gdi. Is there anyone could provide some simple MFC sample that is using GDI? Thanks!! There should samples in the mobile sdk. Did you have a look at them? -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212FF0D6-D9DF-436C-9B1D-F13D44CE59E5@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using visual studio 2005 to draw the screen on mobile device . I'm > looking for some smaple in using gdi. Is there anyon...

Appointment Form Question
What is the name of the 'note' field that's in the Appointment form? I can't find it in the field chooser. Thanks Select All Task Fields and Notes from that group. That will show the text in the Body of the appointments. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "vboy" <newhound@verizon.net> wrote in message news:SpH8d.280$Ua.59@trndny06... > What is the name of the 'no...

2006 Year End Question
Do I need to close off 2006 and do the year end procedure before opening any periods in 2007? We are a little behind in data entry for 2006 and will run into January to finish off 2006. In the meantime we want to be able to keep current with 2007 if at all possible. What would be the impact of opening up 2007 periods before doing the 2006 year end and will the system allow it? We are using GPv8 with SQL Server 2000. Thanks, Nawaz You can open up 2007 periods right away. We've opened up 2007 already for our January rent. (We closed it again to prevent year end entry errors.) In some ...

question about memcpy()
I have a class which is called in both my Studio 6 project and Studio.NET 2003 project. In Studio 6 project, it works fine. But in Studio.NET 2003 project, it failed. The piece of code in the class: ------------------------------------------- typedef struct _new_params { char newf; unsigned long ip_address; unsigned long netmask; unsigned long gateway; } NEW_PARAMS; typedef struct { unsigned char addr[6]; NEW_PARAMS params; char ID_String[80]; char Address[80]; } MAC_ADDR; char buff[100]; MAC_ADDR resp; .... memcpy(&resp,buff+1,sizeof(MAC_ADDR)); //set break point here .... Th...

Mobile CRM on Pocket PC 2005
I've created a new deployment package for the Mobile CRM, nothing special just MobileCRM, SQL CE and .Net framework. It installs fine, and runs fine on my Pocket PC 2003 SE (Phone Addition) running on my QTEK S100 but using the same package on a new Pocket PC 2005 (Phone Addition) running on an 02 XDA Exec, it dosn't work. The install seems to go ok, but the software dosn't seem to be installed, it's no in program files, there dosn't seem to be any CRM files using file explorer, but it's listed in the Remove Programs option. Is there any known issued running thi...

Public Folder Replication Question
Hi, I've got the following scenario: 3 Exchange Servers. All of them with a Public Information Store. A few weeks ago, I noticed that each pub.edb File has a very different size on each server. Also, some Public Folder Objects exists on Exchange-Server 1 and 2 but not on the 3rd. Others are just on the 1st or 2nd Server for example. I supposed that Public Folders are replicated between each server so that you have 3 different "copies" of the Public Folders for redundancy purposes. I would be very grateful if someone could give me some information about public folder rep...

Sync to Iphone
Anyone know of any apps that enable one to sync tasks to my iphone / ipod touch. Do you recommend it? "les" <lester12345@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f0661183-36c5-4381-8caa-18bf4a0a6e30@z10g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone know of any apps that enable one to sync tasks to my iphone / > ipod touch. Do you recommend it? The world would be a better place if Microsoft and Apple just got along. In article <f0661183-36c5-4381-8caa-18bf4a0a6e30 @z10g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, lester12345@gmail.com says... > > Anyone know of any apps that...