Mobile configuration in Settings

Hello.  I redeployed Microsoft CRM to a new server and whenever I go into
Settings, I still have the Mobile Configuration Entity on the left-hand side
under "Settings" and "Customization".

Any thoughts on the best way to remove this permanently from the system - is
this a sitemap.xml modifciation?  Thank you all.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Correct, you will need to update the sitemap.

Locate the "<SubArea Id="nav_mobileclient" Title="Mobile Configuration"
Icon="/MobileClient/MobileClient.gif" Url="/MobileClient/HomePage.aspx"
Client="Web" />" and remove

Besure to backup the original first...

Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
Workopia, Inc.
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
"Bobby" wrote:

> Hello.  I redeployed Microsoft CRM to a new server and whenever I go into
> Settings, I still have the Mobile Configuration Entity on the left-hand side
> under "Settings" and "Customization".
>
> Any thoughts on the best way to remove this permanently from the system - is
> this a sitemap.xml modifciation?  Thank you all.

How do I set OOR

CRM Mobile / Mobile Express
I'm stuck with a few questions here: - are these two different products? - I'd like to know if it can be used with ANY language version of CRM 3.0 server (as I'm not using the english version). - if an entirely new form is build in CRM 3.0 server, will that page then be available on CRM Mobile? Who can answer these questions? Regards 1. Yes, two different products 2. Microsoft CRM Mobile is available in English, German, French, and Spanish. 3. Build a new form in Microsoft CRM, do you mean a new View? The Views are not the same. However, you can access the fields inc...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Allow for user-configurable authentication port!
After the MSBlaster problem, ISPs are blocking 135. Outlook cannot communicate to Remote Exchange Servers! The security hole that allowed 135 to be vulnerable was Cause. Most ISPs now INDEFINTELY blocking 135 to prevent uneducated end users with outdated systems from allowing the worm(s) to propogate, is Effect. To put the onus on ISPs to release the very port which was vulnerable in the first place makes no sense. Until we as administrators can manually configure the authentication port, we are unable to connect to our Remote Exchange Servers. This is an unacceptable level of custom...

This system is configured to reject spoofed sender addresses
Just started getting this at a customers site. They have about 10 exchange servers and last week one site started doing the below when a user sends a mail and now a second site is doing the same. both servers started this after a reboot. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <MAILSERVE #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 This system is configured to reject spoofed sender addresses> any ideas people? hoj...@googlemail.com wrote: > Just started getting this at a customers site. > > They have about 10 exchang...

Startup configuring outlook 2007
I need a bit of help figuring out how to setup outlook on a few computers that have multiple users using the computer. I thought I'd have to log on to every computer with every user and manually configure outlook, for that username, but im sure there is an easier way right? Can I log on as admin to each computer, setup the exchange server info for outlook, then each user just needs to put in his username/pword when he logs on to windows/outlook? thanks. You don't mention what type of e-mail account you are working with and/or if in an Active Directory/Exchange 2003 ...

How do I set up Outlook 2007?
I don't know how to set up Outlook 2007. I click on it, and the wizard comes up, but when I enter my hotmail information, nothing happens; the wizard never finishes installing the software and I have to start over again. I do not know very much about computer software or computers in general. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. pcrup wrote: > I don't know how to set up Outlook 2007. I click on it, and the wizard comes > up, but when I enter my hotmail information, nothing happens; the wizard > never finishes installing the software and I have to start over a...

Mobile Device with full Excel version
I'm wondering if there is a mobile device (ie handheld PC, etc. something smaller/cheaper than a laptop) that can run the full version of Excel? I am wanting to distribute an Excel file that has VBA code to some field personnel. Does Windows CE mandate Pocket Excel? ...

IMF configuration
I have successfully installed the v2 of the IMF on my exchange 2003 gateways and that is working without a hitch. I have a mailbox that gets emails sent from around the organization via smtp. A number of the emails will get caught by the IMF and moved to the Junk E-mail folder. How can i have the IMF ignore emails sent to this particular mailbox? Thanks! K Are you using IMF gateway blocking? i.e. are you using Archive/Delete/Reject functionality. If the answer is no then you could simply disable the Junk Email Folder on the mailbox. http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/007/enableju...

CRM 3.0
When installing 3.0, you specify the outbound e-mail settings (xch server, smtp settings, etc). Anyone know where the CRM stashes this information? I'd like to be able to modify it without having to repair the CRM installation. Thanks in advance. Dave in the registry on the crm web server hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/mscrm ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:OPRBx5ELGHA.984@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When installing 3.0, yo...

using gdi in mobile
Hi, I'm using visual studio 2005 to draw the screen on mobile device . I'm looking for some smaple in using gdi. Is there anyone could provide some simple MFC sample that is using GDI? Thanks!! There should samples in the mobile sdk. Did you have a look at them? -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212FF0D6-D9DF-436C-9B1D-F13D44CE59E5@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using visual studio 2005 to draw the screen on mobile device . I'm > looking for some smaple in using gdi. Is there anyon...

3 questions about ActiveX settings?
I'm using WinXP-pro and Outlook2003. When I see a certain (reputable) eNewsletter every day in the long list of incoming emails, I click on this one to make it full sized so I can read the headlines. But before Outlook brings it up, it warns... (yellow exclamation point)"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly" It used to not do this, two things have happened recently...first, I've downloaded all the Win patches, and secondly, the newscompany seemd to have upgraded their newslett...

GP 10 AA Report Configuration
Ok.. we have AA active in a company, but have deselected all AA reports to print under Posting > Posting; however, the following report still prints to screen when processing comptuer cheques 'Analytical Accounting Edit List' Why? How do I remove this report from printing? Tx Les ...

Keep custom toolbar settings
I have created an excel workbook where the only toolbar displayed is one which I have created. I have attached this toolbar to the workbook already. However, my question is when I close this workbook and open a completly new Excel workbook, it has kept those original settings from the previous workbook. All the custom toolbars, Formula, Standard etc remain hidden. How can I change this so that only my created workbook keeps my personal settings Any help for a novice??? thanks in advance Anthony If your workbook turns off those toolbars when you open it, your workbook should return them ...

Configuring Exchange 2003 for Multiple Domains
We are trying to setup exchange 2003 to host 2 domains. We have the first domain working fine. We have added the second domain to the default recipients policy as an smtp address and enabled it by way of the check box and select yes to apply to all existing recipients. However we are not seeing the policy display under an existing or even new users email address tab in their AD properties. Recipient update interval is set to always run and we have selected update now numerous times. Any ideas? On the Email Addresses tab of the user properties, is the check box to "Automaticall...

Configuration questions
Got some basic configuration questions... I'm using a newer version of Visio in the client's office than I have on my own machine so there've been some changes since the last time I wandered into some differences that are annoying me. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks. Where is the setting to prevent Visio from displaying the Template Help pane whenever I start a new drawing? I learned how to create a basic diagram ages ago so I really don't need that help and it's annoying to have to close it every time. I'd also like to either alter the default ...

Mobile CRM on Pocket PC 2005
I've created a new deployment package for the Mobile CRM, nothing special just MobileCRM, SQL CE and .Net framework. It installs fine, and runs fine on my Pocket PC 2003 SE (Phone Addition) running on my QTEK S100 but using the same package on a new Pocket PC 2005 (Phone Addition) running on an 02 XDA Exec, it dosn't work. The install seems to go ok, but the software dosn't seem to be installed, it's no in program files, there dosn't seem to be any CRM files using file explorer, but it's listed in the Remove Programs option. Is there any known issued running thi...

seeking set based solution
Trying to assign registrations to colonies up to the colony maximum. Original code was a cursor, but its slow and kludgy. The problem is that the colony might already have registrations so I need to check for not exceeding the maximum registrations (numbers table maybe?). Each registration can only be in 1 colony. CREATE TABLE [Colonys] ( [Colony_Name] [varchar] (20), [Max_registrations] [smallint] CONSTRAINT [DF_Colony_Colony_Number_Max] DEFAULT (0), CONSTRAINT [PK_COLONY] PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED ( [Colony_name] ) ) ON [PRIMARY] Insert Colonys Values ('Alpha...

Setting up CRM with IAS
Im about to install CRM 3 on an SBS 2003 Premium box with IAS installed. I really want to have both CRM and IAS installed. I know from my test installs that the CRM install is infinately easier when its done after IAS is removed. Can anyone recommend a site that explains exactly how to get CRM working with IAS on the same sbs premium box ? I really dont want to loose my IAS install as we really need it. Thanks Olly ...

cant set up email
I keep recieving this message:The host 'lakettadavis@yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Server: 'lakettadavis@yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Your mail server name is not proper. However, there are more significant issues. I see your error message contained a Yahoo email address. Is that your = email=20 address? US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 ...

Copying a set of info from a different sheets
Hi, please help I really need your help. I am trying to copy a set of info from eg. sheet2 to sheet1. The problem is, I have to create a drop down list in sheet1 to brin the infor from other sheets to sheet . However, I manage to create the drop down list usin Data-Validatation-List. But how do I set my switch do copy data t sheet1. For example - Sales value for 4 months say Jan - April ( Their are i different Sheets). You do not want to select the sheets to see th data. You want to create a dropdown list on a new sheet( eg Sheet5 which will fetch the sheet you want and display the enti...

How do I set the normal view as a default in e-mail replies?
When I open the reply screen, it is defaulted to the web page view, and is so small it's tough to read. How can I set the normal view as the default setting for e-mail replies? "KDO" wrote in message news:A8CC7319-B1D0-4644-A4DE-CB68F80D01F7@microsoft.com... > When I open the reply screen, it is defaulted to the web page view, > and is so > small it's tough to read. How can I set the normal view as the default > setting for e-mail replies? That is not an issue with Outlook. That is an issue with Word which is what you are using as the e-email editor inste...

CRM Mobile Windows Mobile 6
Hi!! It's possible to install crm mobile in windows mobile 6?? Thanks! Applications that run on WM 5 SHOULD run without problems on WM 6. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/weblog -- "Chuti" <el_chuti@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1191339888.448636.43140@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hi!! > > It's possible to install crm mobile in windows mobile 6?? > > Thanks! > Mobile 6 it takes integrated SQL 2005 as you install SQL replication? I have try it and does not work... Has someone tried it? Thanks! Don`t...

Emulator Download the Windows Mobile 5
Is it possible to just download the emulator and not have to install the Visual Studio Suite? MP <MP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to just download the emulator and not have to install the >Visual Studio Suite? Yes, there's a standalone version of the emulator. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroc...

System Settings Error.Window does not open.
Hello, fresh install of CRM 3.0.The user logged in has all privileges assigned.Everytime I select system settings I receive "error"contact system administrator.All other options are fine. Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks in Advance. You may want to try whether your reporting area work well. If not, you may have configuration issues. Please check on KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;909588 to see if you have configuration issues. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tex" wrote: ...