Missing CRM link in Outlook Tools Menu

Hi,

On an otherwise functioning CRM 3.0 Outlook Client all of a sudden the CRM
link that is on the Tools Menu that normally appears between Actions and
Help has dissappeared.

CRM on the client works fine otherwise including the CRM tool bar being
visible.

Any suggestions?

Jerry

http://www.iBizInitiatives.com

0
Jerry
12/15/2006 7:48:38 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jason,

Thanks for replying,

it was there and enabled it just needed a recycle through the disable,
enable loop.

what through me was the fact that the tool bar was there and otherwise
working but the CRM link was missing.

Jerry

"Jason Roy" <JasonRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jerry,
>
> You might try the follwoing as it has worked for me on an similar type of
> issue with the Outlook client: (I pulled this tip for the following blog:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/)
>
> The COM-addin may be disabled.
> 1 .On the Help menu, click About Microsoft Office Outlook.
> 2. Click Disabled Items.
> 3. Select the items you want to enable.
> 4. Click Enable.
>
> It's possible that the COM Add-in is not activated. You can activate it or
> in some cases you need to remove and re add the Add-in.
>
> A. Launch Outlook.
> B. Go to Tools | Options.
> C. Select the Other tab.
> D. Select Advanced Options.
> E. Select COM Add-ins.
> F. Highlight Microsoft CRM Outlook Addin and note the location path below
> it. (You may want to write this down since you will need it in step O)
> G. Select remove to remove the Microsoft CRM Outlook Addin.
> H. Select OK to all windows and close Outlook.
> I. Launch Outlook.
> J. Go to Tools | Options.
> K. Select the Other Tab.
> L. Select Advanced Options.
> M. Select COM Addins.
> N. Select Add.
> O. Navigate to the path from step F (If there was not one specified try
> /Program Files/CRM/Client/Bin/crmaddin.dll)
> P. Select OK to all windows.
> Q. Close Outlook.
> R. Re-launch Outlook.
>
> --
> Jason Roy
> Assured Networking
>

> "Jerry Weinstock" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On an otherwise functioning CRM 3.0 Outlook Client all of a sudden the
>> CRM
>> link that is on the Tools Menu that normally appears between Actions and
>> Help has dissappeared.
>>
>> CRM on the client works fine otherwise including the CRM tool bar being
>> visible.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Jerry
>>
>> http://www.iBizInitiatives.com

0
Jerry

upgraded to office pro can't open outlook
I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again. That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get: Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file system folder instead? I click no it all goes awa...

Exchange/Outlook Rules
When we configur a rule to forward/redirect email that comes in to our inbox's to another email account(out side our domain) the mail acts like its being sent even goes to our sent items list in outlook but never gets to the net... everything else is running with no problems we send thousands of emails a day, just that one little problem. You have to enable automatic replies to the Internet "Spock255" <Spock255@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B62AE0-2149-440E-81C1-047FADB83115@microsoft.com... > When we configur a rule to forward/redirect emai...

Outlook 2003 #45
having problems getting outlook to identify itsself using a fully-qualified host name in the HELO command of a SMTP communication. my computer is not in a domain. my computer name does show up as fully-qualified in System Properties --> Computer Name. any help would be appreciated. ...

Outlook 2003 not responding #8
Hi I have an ongoing problem with Outlook 2003 not responding. If I try to delete any emails from my inbox after deleting two or three the program will hang and stop responding. I am using a connection to an Exchange server via wi-fi and a VPN. I am using a Dell Latitude laptop PC with an identical setup to five others in the office, who don't have the same problem as me. This problem happens even if I try to work offline, I have tried to make a repair, a complete re-install of Office standard, an upgrade to Office Professional and I have even tried disabling the anti-virus softwa...

Running Rules in Special Folders (Outlook and CallPilot)
Software: Outlook 2000 SP-3 and CallPilot Desktop Messaging 2.50 Background: Incoming voice messages are placed in the Callpilot Desktop Messaging Inbox in Outlook. A small icon lights up to indicate that a new message has been received. Question: How can I use a Rule in Outlook to also play a sound in a special folder? So far I am unable to have a rule continuously checking this particular inbox. Thanks, Lee Outlook rules doesn't support that - you might be able to use VBA to alert you - see outlookcode.com if you need help with VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teac...

Assiging Tasks via the POP mailboxes under Outlook 2002 & 2003
Hi, We've been trying to assign Tasks to each other (2 people) via POP Mailboxes. The assigning seems fine, but when a TRask is assigned back and forward several times we both end up with multiple Tasks... the most recently Accepted one, plus ealier versions which remain as "Waiting Response from Assignee". What are we missing? ps. I did read in these discussions that we both need to have RTF format selected which we both do have. ...

Outlook 2003 News Reader problems
I'm having problems getting the news reader to work with Outlook 2003 Professional.... It works once and then fails and seems to point to this directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 That is when it shows up in the Go menu... most of the time the link is not there... Any ideas... I hate having to use OX to view newsgroups... sort of defeats the purpose... Steve You hate "having to use OX to view newsgroups?" What did you think you were using before? OE has always been the news reader for Outlook. Configure it as such in Control Panel > Internet option...

Changing PORT of Default CRM Site
I recently installed 3.0 and installed it in the Default web site, which is obviously Port 80. I did some port forwarding in my firewall to make it acccessible from the outside of our network and need to change the Port. I changed it in IIS but evidently there is another location that also needs changing, as the CRM errors when trying to load data. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Hi Stan, In the registry, HKLM\software\microsoft\mscrm "Stan" <Stan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD5A13DB-58AE-4A11-82A4-DEA25B89C966@microsoft.com... >I recent...

Problems viewing the Address Book using Outlook Express
Hello, I'm using OE6 and I would like my address book to be displayed in the lower left hand side of the window. I'm not having any luck trying to get it back. I go into the "View" menu, but there is no option for that. Can someone help? Thank you. This is not an Outlook group, not OE. The programs are not related. As I recall, you'd need to use View > Layout to display your Contacts, but I haven't seen OE in years. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108C5F33-DE91-4B36-A227-1...

Outlook 2002 Hangs (3)
Hi all, In our company we are using Exchange 2000 as mail server, and outlook 2002 sp2 as email client. Each client is configured to download its emails to a local pst file. We are facing the following issue : If you add a rule to move messages from inbox to a particular folder, during send/receive and just after receiving 3-5 messages (and these messages are moved to their folders) the outlook stops responding. If any one could advise I would be gratefull. Thanks, Osama. Just for information : This problem disappears when running outlook with /safe parameter. However, I could...

outlook 2000 mailbox.pst error. inbox repair tool
hi all I am getting a error message from outlook 2000 that says errors have been detected in the file c:\windows\application data\microsoft\outlook\mailbox.pst It says to use the inbox repair tool. I have searced microsoft online help and found the site "ol2000 how to find and run the inbox repair tool" I am using ME. I have been looking for "Scanpst.exe" file. Microsoft help says to follow c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\nt I cannnot find a file by this name. I can find a file c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\95 when I run "Scanpst.exe&qu...

Outlook 2003 #228
When I try to change options in Outlook 2003 or even just go from global address book to contact, outlook crashes on me. I've completely uninstalled Office,clean th eregistry, scanned with Spyoy, CWShredder, Spy Sweeper, Hijack this,and McAffe antivirus. All come up clean, ut problem still exist. Any clues. ...

Linking Microsoft GP with Fox or Oracle
Would like to link Microsoft GP to an application that has Fox or Oracle as its database. Microsoft GP will use existing Data from this application (e.g. Customers information and balances for transactions). Also update the Fox or Oracle database with transaction entered in Microsoft GP. Financial reports will be generated from Microsoft GP. Is it possible to do the liking via MSSQL? What do you mean by GP using data? All of GP's data is stored in SQL Server databases. You can't carve out a piece, like customers, and pull that data elsewhere. You can import the data into GP f...

Custom Context Menu for Edit Control
Hello all .. I have a control bar class, CTextBar, derived from the child of CControlBar which uses an edit control (CTextEdit derived from CEdit). And i want to create a custom context menu for the edit control with Copy, Selectall and Wordwrap. My wordwrap implementation is kind of not perfect and i feel it could be done better. However, currently i use something like destroying the edit control and recreating it with the right flags set to make the wordwrap effect, as in a notepad. This implementation has a disadvantage because it needs a pointer to its parent window (in this case, the CCo...

Links Messed Up When Posting to Groups
When I post to a message group my links (URL's and e-mail addresses) are changed by either Outlook or the group. Here is how I have written the message: Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com CLIENT SPOTLIGHT - The airing of ABC's two-hour "Nick Family" special Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has been scheduled for this Sunday, August 14. The newly redesigned Morgan Nick Foundation web site (www.morgannick.com) will also be revealed this weekend. Congratulations Colleen, Logan and Taryn! Here is how it appears to the group: Steve Lockridge HYPERLINK "mailto:steve...

"Multitasking" mit Outlook Express 6 funktioniert nicht
Hallo Leute Bis anhin konnte ich w�hrend dem Herunterladen eines gr�sseren Beitrages in den Foren den n�chsten aussuchen und anklicken, so dass ich w�hrend dem langsamen Herunterladen nicht nur warten musste. Nach der Neuinstallation dieses Programmes funktioniert das nun nicht mehr. Das Programm ist "blockiert", bis der angew�hlte Beitrag fertig heruntergeladen wurde. Ich finde keinen Hinweis, wo und wie ich diesen Umstand wieder so herrichten kann, wie vorher. Kann mir jemand sagen wo ich das umstellen kann? Vielen Dank f�r Eure Tips Gruss Heinz F'up2 microsoft.public.de.g...

Outlook duplicating attachments
We use an Exchange server for our email. I have an instance when th user attaches a document, the receipient is receiving a duplicat attachment. This happens even when the email is forwarded to someone. Anyone had this happen ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

microsoft outlook 2000 #3
using windows xp, when i open microsoft outlook 2000 a message mociext.dll is missing. is there a fix for this? ...

Can not open attachments in Outlook Express 2000
After downloading the most current Windows security patches Outlook Express now blocks any attachments including documents with .doc extensions. How can I go back to the way it was before the patch? Click on tools, options, security, then remove the check mark next to Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus. HTH Gavin... "Bobbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cb401c42883$95e2c4b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > After downloading the most current Windows security > patches Outlook Express now blocks any a...

Moving Outlook 2000 pst file to Outlook XP
I have the outlook.pst file from outlook 2000. How do I tell outlook XP that I want to use the above file? Is it the same format? Does it have the same name? And do I simply do it by deleting its current file which seems to be called "Personal folders (1).pst"? Thanks for any help. Shmuel Fisher Rename your current Outlook.pst to .bak. Open Outlook and when it complains, point it to where you have the 2000 Outlook.pst file saved on your hard drive, not a CD. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited m...

Custom Address List in Outlook XP
Hi All, We have just deployed an Exchange 2003 server into our environment. Only two accounts have been migrated thus far, hence the GAL only shows two addresses...so far so good. Our remaining accounts all have SMTP email addresses published in AD. Outlook XP is deployed to all machines and uses and LDAP add-in to look up addresses in AD. Mail is sent by a sendmail server. This has been working well since implementation. I have created a custom Address List on the Exchange Server, and 'preview' looks like exactly what I want. My problem is that Outlook XP is trying to inte...

Adding objects to MS CRM
I would like to customize Microsoft CRM to add a new object type (like Opportunity) that can participate in workflow and be seen as a native object in the application. Is this possible? How do you register new objects and their capabilities as such during customization. Is this done automatically when an object implements an interface? If there is some sort of documentation that describes this, can someone let me know about it? Thanks, Charles Kirker This is not possible in the current releases of CRM ie versions 1.0 and 1.2 We are all hoping to see such a feature in version 2.0 &quo...

OWA Not working after using IIS Lockdown Tool
Hi there, I ran the IIS Lockdown Tool on our server and after using it Outlook Web Access stopped working! When I tried to login all I could see was a directory listing instead of my Inbox. I subsequently uninstalled the IIS Lockdown Tool which is supposed to rollback all the changes it made, but OWA still isn't working! Please can someone point me in the right direction as to what I should be changing... Thanks in advance, Jason Needapresent.com "Jason" <jasonhick70@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185378500.971250.34720@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > I ran ...

Unable to install CRM 3.0 client on Outlook 2003
I originally attempted to install the CRM 3.0 laptop client for Outlook 2003 on a standalone WinXP machine at a customer's home office (in a workgroup; not joined to the customer's domain). Received the following error message after the first list of missing components were successfully added during the installation prerequisite phase: ================ "Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Common.Analyzer+CollectAction failed. %1 is not a valid Win32 application." ================ Pressing the "Ignore" button at this prompt results in the following message: "Data P...

Multiple Logons causing Outlook to fail
Hi, one of our users is consistently losing his connection to the exchange server on our Network (Exchange 2003). He is using Outlook 2003. What seems to be happening is that there are too many logon sessions open at the same time, and thus he is not able to connect. The number of logons swells to 36 when he loses his ability to connect, 32 with his Domain\Username logon, and 4 with NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM logon. When we restart the Information Store service and reset all logons, he is able to connect again. Sometimes this workaround stays for a while (a day, two three), but today all sessio...