Migration to CRM3.0

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how to migrate from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en

0
Aami

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

Dynamics GP 9.0 macro/script issue.
We have a macro that executes once a week to perform check links on all companies in Dynamics GP 9.0. This script used to work fine but lately the script does no log out and close the instance of GP after finishing the script. First i though maybe it's getting stuck somewhere in the middle of the script and that is why it does not log out and close the instance of GP, but when i check the logs, it says that the last statement executed was to log out and close the instance of GP. This is the code that is last executed. ================= CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

EXCEL AND VB6.0
Hi All, MY Application is a web application.Client from the user system can upload a EXCEL file for processing at WEBSERVER. The Requirement is when the processing of excel is going any bad records according to busines rule if found need to be written into a new EXCEL file. The VB componet used for it refer a EXCEL object but at server according to client wouldnt be any "MS OFFICE" Installed thu my program to generate the EXCEL obejct refernce is not working. Is there any way by which without installing MS OFFICE at webserver i can create a EXCEL file. THis is urgent please...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

OnDraw and CStatic VC 6.0 Only
Sat. July 24, 2004 11:20 PM PT I am deriving my own control from MFC's CStatic. I want to get OnDraw message, inderived control. I properly set the SS_OWNERDRAW to get WM_DRAWITEM message. But my code does not reach to the DrawItem Function. The same code/ class/ control works perfectly in Visual Studio .Net 2003 but not in VC 6.0. Anybody knows what is wrong? Ultimately I just grab WM_PAINT and put the same code in this message handler. Thanks. Lord2702, OnPaint (that is handling WM_PAINT) is the way to go for CStatics. The added benefit is that you don't need to set any flag f...

CRM 3.0 Mobile Express development
Hi all, I'm trying to extend CRM 3.0 Mobile Express to reporting activities and create or edit some entities from the field. Now I'm stuck trying to manage the way to show the related products to an oportunity. I understand that in the source code there is'nt any hint about how to do this. I'm trying to add the opportunityproduct to the realated entities without luck. There is the list of things what I've learned: - To navigate throught source code - To show as editable entities in Administrative pages - To make editable these entities in Aplication pages - To add ava...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

Redeployment of CRM3.0 from production to Test server
Hi, I am creating test environment same as our live CRM3.0 for upgrading CRM4.0. In this process how do I select the Active Directory Information?. Live CRM3.0 is using certian active directory structure , can I point to the same structure when I Redeploy in different server , I am concerned about current AD structure will get modified? and create problem in my production environmnet. Is it possibe I can give different AD list ,Will it still work with my production data on test server?. Or what is the best way to do this. Thanks Natarajan The "Active Directory Structure" I am...

IIS 6.0 requirements for Exchange 2003 Standard
I am just about to begin our migration to Exchange 2003. I've built out our Windows 2003 server, but haven't installed IIS 6.0 yet. Exactly what components of IIS 6.0 are required for Exchange 2003 Standard? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Exchange2003/proddocs/library/DepGuide.asp Pages 66-68 Exchange 2003 Setup requires that the following components and services be installed and enabled on the server: � .NET Framework � ASP.NET � Internet Information Services (IIS) � World Wide Web Publishing Service � Simple Mail Tr...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

adding sql server compact in platform builder wince5.0
i would use sql server compact in .net (c#) what i have to add from catalog ? - SQL Compact - SQL Mobile - SQL Server CE 2.0 i tried on a device to create a db via SqlCeEngine.CreateDatabase on sotrage card but i get error: "SQL Mobile encountered problems when creating the database" HResult : -2147024882 NativeError : 28558 there is enough space on storage card .... You add what you want to use. SQL Compact is the most-recent of those. I don't usually build the database into the OS, myself. I feel like I'd rather install it to a completed device. ...

Data Migration Question 02-19-04
OK, Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post about migrating from one domain to another (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a sp? ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl% 253E) I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM system to a simulated production environment (My project manager needs to know how long it is going to take next month when we go live.) Realistically all I really want to migrate is: PriceLevelBase ProductBase ProductPriceLevelBase Subj...

additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entiti
Hi all. I have a question about an additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entities. A user definition entity (object_type_code:10000) and made an OnLineHelpFile (test.htm) which supported. In addition, I add following two lines to help_toc.xml. <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form Help</page> <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form View Hel...

Access 2.0 Converter for Access 2003
I don't have the patience for the "free" Microsoft online help. I am trying to import some old access DB files into my access 2003 software for data extraction. Thinking I would be finished in no time... BAM Access 2.0 converter needed to open file... ok. I try Microsoft online... sign in. sign in. fill form. copy Key from access. "Not a valid key" I've not yet installed my complimentary "Full Version" of office 2003. So just to be granted the privalege to download this (simple?) patch I must quit what I'm working on, Install Office...

Migrating Tasks with Data Migration Framework
I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) & emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message isnt of much help to nail down the issue. I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user ...

openldap and migration wizard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on = it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, = i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for = the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to = extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a = "Invalid DN syntax" ...

CRM Migration from One Business Unit to Other 12-25-03
Hi, We have a MS CRM Server with MSDN Subscribtion Licenses for testing, during that we imported some of OutLook Contacts and some other records are created in CRM Server . After Testing we decided that we will purchase CRM Licenses, but what i want to know is that can import this records(Leads, Accounts and Contacts) in New Ms CRM Server installation with our company Business Unit Licenses? Thanks in advance. Mushtaq ...

Import information into customer table from Excel (RMS 2.0)
I have some information that I would like to script to update into RMS 2.0's customer table. I have one part of the organization that provides information for certain customers that are to receive a discount. I would like to be able to run an update query that if there is a customer in the database and also in the .xls documentit updates a field in that customer entry. If there is a customer that's not in the table but in the .xls document I would like to have it add that customer and populate what information it can. I think I can figure the query out on my own, but ...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...