Migration: DMF Guide Documentation: ActivityTypeCode not defined

Folks,

Values for Activity Type Code are not defined in the Guide, on the
Spreadsheet (as ActivityTypeCode), in MSDN or in this forum.  However, its
integer value is required for Activity records in CDF.

Is it correct to assume that the valid values of ActivityTypeCode in CDF are
those listed for Activity subtypes in Appendix D: 134, 136, 137, 138, 141 and
142?  Even though those are listed for MS CRM, not CDF?

It is essential that we get this right, since migrating Activities is key to
migrating the business intelligence resident now in ACT Note/History.
Further, we wish to use our procedures to de-trash and de-duplicate the ACT
entities before loading to CDF.

I would appreciate any information about valid values for ActivityTypeCode.

CDF for Activities is already mind-boggling complicated without missing
valid values for required attributes!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Limited Page Printing problem; Blue Dashed Line Delineating End Of Document ?
Hello, Have been using Excel 97 for some time now, but have never run across this before. Still consider myself a new user, though. In the middle of my workbook, about 1/2 way down, Excel now has a dashed blue line inserted. I cannot print anything below the line, as it is apparently taking the line as delineating the end of my workbook, I guess. How do I get rid of this line, or indicator, and get back to being able to print "everything", please ? BTW: how did it get there in the first place ? E.g., what might I have done inadvertently, just so I can learn ? Thanks, Bob ...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

can I merge documents in excel like I can in Word
I want to merge data from an excel database to an excel spreadsheet. Is that possible? What? An excel database? No such thing :) Excel has workbooks which are a collection of spreadsheets with data stored in a table format with each cell having a unique row and column. Microsoft Access is a database. Did you mean convert an access database into an excel spreadsheet? "kaykayIT" wrote: > I want to merge data from an excel database to an excel spreadsheet. Is that > possible? Hello Pamela, We are currently using an Excel spreadsheet to perform a mail merge in Word....

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Linking two documents so they open simultaneously
How do I link two documents so that one of them opens up when the other is openned? For example, I am working on a main document and there is a reference list that I stored as a different document. Is there a way to link the two so that when I open the main document, the reference document will automatically open? Thnx In your main document, you can insert a link to the reference list. Assuming that you are using Word 2007, here's how to do that: Place the insertion point at the appropriate location. On the Insert tab, click the arrow next to Object, and then click Text fro...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Document data variable "needs stack frame"
My View Class includes a private member which is a pointer to my Document. If I call a public function in my View Class from my MainFrame, I can access the variables in my Document class. However, when that function calls another public function in the same View class, the second function can't access the Document variables. It causes Access Violation 0xC0000005. I was using the debugger to try & monitor the variables in the Document, and it displayed the message "CXX0069 variable needs stack frame" I could get around this by passed the required data to the second functi...

over-writting on document
I am new to the Publisher world and I am having a problem with a church bulletin I developed. When I enter new information into my document some of the text does not move and the new typing just goes right on top of the old instead of pushing it along (wrapping). What do I do to fix this and why is it doing it? It is making me crazy! Hope You have inadvertently pressed the "insert key", press it again and your troubles will be over. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hope" <ebenezer@usfamily...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

receivables transaction next document number
How do I set this from my e-connect .NET app? I need to pass DOCNUMBR field in <taRMTransaction> tag when used in e-connect. Anyone there can help me with this? Thanks. shah49@hotmail.com ...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

Calling a user-defined function?
In the below statement where I am calling user-defined function dbo.udf_calcbill_hotel, is that a legal select statement? I keep getting syntax errors and I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm attempting to call the function by passing in data from the other table that the function table is joined to. If this is wrong, is there another way to do this? Sorry I can't post all the table data. DECLARE @initfee money, @fee money, @billbase int, @folup tinyint SET @folup = NULL CREATE TABLE #bill_bldgs ( BldgSec_ID int, BldgSec_Units smallint NULL, FolUp ...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

can I mass import addresses from a word document?
would like it to be easier to find what I am looking for without scrolling through the Word document. is there a way to do it with out copy and pasting Unclear from your description what you need to do. Try again. If you want to import names and addresses, create a file type that Outlook can import. If you don't know, look at the Import Wizard to see your choices. File > Import and Export... -- Russ Valentine "lcwarf" <lcwarf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:925FD01C-0414-4892-9C7D-8FDC61B23D8D@microsoft.com... > would like it to be e...

Data Migration Question 02-19-04
OK, Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post about migrating from one domain to another (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a sp? ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl% 253E) I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM system to a simulated production environment (My project manager needs to know how long it is going to take next month when we go live.) Realistically all I really want to migrate is: PriceLevelBase ProductBase ProductPriceLevelBase Subj...

Caption Numbering in a long document
I posted this last week but didn't get any response. I am reposting just in case the reason was that it looked like I may have answered my own question - which I didn't. I am using MS Word 2003 in a Windows XP Pro environment. I am working on a document with many (100+) figures with captions that are located in various chapters, sections and subsections. I don't have a problem numbering the caption automatically with the appropriate heading level but when I adjust the caption heading level in the caption dialog box (e.g. from H3 to H4) all of my previously created H3 ...

Can't open Documents
When I try and open documents on my Office 2004 for Mac I get an error message, saying that the file can't be opened because it is already opened or some other program is trying to open it. I know that it is not open anywhere else and I have the same problem with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint documents that I received from co- workers in Entourage. The files I received where all created on PC systems. Any thoughts??? OK, we need to do a little differential diagnosis here because this one is going to be complex. First, please work your way patiently through the trouble-shooting tips her...

Migrating Tasks with Data Migration Framework
I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) & emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message isnt of much help to nail down the issue. I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user ...

openldap and migration wizard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on = it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, = i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for = the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to = extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a = "Invalid DN syntax" ...

Recent documents displayed
My 07 word and excel are suddenly no longer displaying most recently viewed documents . . . any ideas why? "Randy Brown" <RandyBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B020EB0-7EBF-4C35-84D7-DA10C951D5E2@microsoft.com... > My 07 word and excel are suddenly no longer displaying most recently > viewed > documents . . . any ideas why? In Word do Office Button-Word Options-Advanced and scroll down to Display. What is the value of the "Show this number of recent Documents" set to? ...

Merging Documents
-- I have created two different Publisher documents that I want to merge into one document. Can this be done? What version Publisher? There is a method here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs There is always the copy/paste. Edit, Office Clipboard, you can collect 24 items. Select all on a page, group, copy. This will not work correctly if the text boxes are linked. I have a way on my web page, it is not for the faint of heart. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ginport" <ginport@discussions.micro...

3 views in same document in mdi app
Does anyone know how to switch between 3 views in the same window in a mfc application. I have 3 menu functions, OnSalesChart, OnSalesTable, OnCategoryChart. the sales chart is the default view. I'm doing a variation of the code extract listed, which works but only if i swap between one to the other and then back again before switching to another view. I think the problem lies with m_pDataList->SetDlgCtrlID(AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST); m_pCategoryView->SetDlgCtrlID(AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST+1); and how im processing them. Could anyone help, if you need to email me, remove the obvious ...