Migration BCM to CRM 3.0

Hi All,

This weekend I will be migrating from BCM to CRM 3.0 (on SBS 2003) and was
hoping to get a heads up on the following:

1) clarify a "Known Issues with the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft
Outlook with Business Contact Manager" point that sticks out in the
documentation and in my long hours of reading online namely:

"The link between activities and parent accounts and contacts is not
preserved during migration.
If you have accounts or contacts in Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact
Manager that have activities, such as tasks or appointments, associated with
them, when you migrate the data to Microsoft CRM, the activities are not
associated with the accounts or contacts. These activities will be migrated,
but the Regarding field will be blank. "

surely this is a fundamental flaw here that anyone that has used BCM will
have history attached to each - we don't have a large amount of accounts -
several hundred - but they each have 40-100+ items of history so to go
through and manually manipulate these unassociated items/contacts will be a
nightmare!

how does one get around this using the migration tool (given I am just a
small operation so can't afford an expensive 3rd party tool)?

2) also in addition to the above any other gotchyas to be aware of using the
"Data Migration Wizard for Office Outlook with BCM" tool?

thanks in advance!

Nick

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Disqualified/Inactive record search in CRM
hi I am keen to know if under contacts/leads/companies one can search for inactive records. I cant seem to be able to do this. Even if i select inactive contacts/disqualified leads and search for names under those views CRM does not display any records when i know they are there and i can see them in SQL. Any adviceeee pleasee would be helpful. Kind Regards Ridhima ...

error while archiving #3
I get two error messages after archiving in my deleted folder. The messages say (1) error while archiving folder tasks in store archive folders and (2) error while archiving folder tasks in store personal folders All the other folders archive OK Can anyone help? 1. Deleted items = trash. Do you save your trash? (really - I am serious - if you want to save items, then why throw them out?) 2. Can you run scanpst.exe against the archive.pst file? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

server side Rules #3
Hi, I am using SBS2003 standard edition & I want to setup Rules in the exchange server for automatic E-Mail processing, so when a mail arrives in the server it can be moved/copied in certain location in the public folders or forwarded to someone, based on contents like (subject, sender's name, receiver’s name etc). I want to setup rules in the server itself rather than setting up in individual's outlook, so the rules can be processed without any intervention. I tried my best but couldn't succeed. Can anyone help me to achieve this. On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 04:22:01 -0700, San...

Information Bridge Network for MS CRM and Office 2003
Can somebody email me whether the feature pack has been released or not. If it is then where can i download it. I am unable to get any additional info regarding this. Thank you in advance Kal Information can be found here, but the short is yes, it has been out for a while now. Caution when installing, the new crmaddin.dll doesn't always register correctly, causing you to have to do so manually. http://members.microsoft.com/partner/solutions/business/crm/morecrmnews.aspx#P12_1099 Yes it has been released. Caution on the installation though; the new version of the crmaddin.dll file do...

Smartlist security GP 10.0
Hi, I need to hide some of the default smartlist object from a group of users. By default all users have access. Is there a security task that includes the smartlist and that I need to modify? Thanks Stefanos SmartList objects can be restricted by Security Role ID in User Security. Do you need to restrict by module or by certain SmartLists within a module? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

CRM v3
A few days ago, we installed the Outlook Laptop Client and it would not Going Offline. The application can hang for hours. We found later that MSXML was not installed. We uninstalled the Laptop client, installed MSXML, reinstalled the Laptop client, and the Go Offline worked. Now, this occurs on other installed machines even after MSXML was explicitly installed. The initial machine that worked just had the Laptop reinstalled as a different user. Now this installation will not GoOffline. - this implies that the issue may be User Profile or permissions. However, all the laptop client...

How to release a CWebBrowser2 control? #3
Dear everyone: I have a CWebBrowser2 control on my dialog and navigate to url by the following code: CComVariant sNull,sFrame; sNull=""; sFrame=""; m_ctlWeb.Navigate("http://www.microsoft.com", &sNull, &sFrame,&sNull,&sNull); When I close the dialog and try to release the control by the following code: m_ctlWeb.DestroyWindow(); The control is destroyed, but when I check the task manager for the memory usage, I found that a memory of over 11 megebytes still remained! Can anyone tell me how to release the memo...

PRINT PREVIEW PROBLEM #3
I am unable to view my entire page when opening "Print Preview." Only about 3/4 of the page shows. HELP!! ...

RMS 2.0 Store Ops POS Item Lookup Dialog Question
Is there a way to change what fields are displayed in the Item Lookup Dialog (F2) in Store Operations POS? Specifically, I want to add the SubDescription1 field to the lookup, and I don't need the Supplier field. Also, is there a way to change what search fields are checked by default in the same dialog box? Thanks! -- Stephanie Hapke Owner GeekGirl Consulting Saint Charles, MO Stephanie, Have you found a solution for this? I am also interested in adding fields to the Item Lookup Dialog. Thanks, James Hernandez "Stephanie Hapke" wrote: > Is there a way to chang...

OWA and GAL #3
I am installing a brand new instance of Exchange 2003 and OWA. I am using a front-end/back-end topology. I can send and receive mail using OWA. Yesterday I created mailboxes for all my users. However, the address book in OWA is blank, as is the Global Address List in Exchange System Manager. What's going on? OWA in current versions of Exchange do not provide a "browsable" address-book/GAL as Microsoft Outlook does. You can implement this with 3rd party utilities like MessageWare PlusPack. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedi...

Column Labels #3
I am trying to create lables for my colums so I can mail merge my excel document. How do I do this? Do you mean Column Headings? At the top of the list, in row 1 for instance, type the Column Headings. tj "kyampy" wrote: > I am trying to create lables for my colums so I can mail merge my excel > document. How do I do this? yes, I think that is what I mean. Sorry, I am new to excel. I am trying to merge this to Word so I can make address labels and all it gives me is blanks when I merge. I found out i need to label the columns, is this the same as headings? &quo...

Report Sample Pack
Does anyone know if there's a Report Sample Pack for v3.0 (SQL Server 2000) like there was for v1.2? I'm looking to short-cut my developing reports for user Activities and a few other items. Thanks, James No there is not howeve you can get some additional reports from codegallery.microsoft.com/crm then downloads ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F77C2819-611C-4F36-A44C-C777061A2BBE@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if the...

CRM Email Router with Multiple Organizations
I am having an issue with the email router for enterprise. I have CRM and the email router on the same machine and connected to our exchange server. I have one organization setup properly and the emails are working fine, both incoming and outgoing, however when I added a new deployment to the 2nd organization and pointed it to the same incoming and outgoing as my default organization and then I just changed the url to the new organization name, it will load all the users but when I click on test it will either sit there and wait forever or it will say that the url is not correct. Tha...

CRM Address Book Entries in 4.0 Outlook Client are Empty
Hello, we uses CRM 3.0 and now we like to migrate to CRM 4.0. So, we installed CRM 4.0 on a seperate server in order to test the system. On one client we deinstalled CRM 3.0 Client for MS Outlook and installed CRM 4.0 Client. Everything works fine, but, wehen we like to compose a new e-mail, the CRM adress book is empty. Only the "CRM-Benutzer" (I accept "CRM User" in EN version) shows entries. The diagnose fuinkction tells me, that everything is fine. I searched in the web for more information. Other useres have the same problem. But I do not found a solution. Fo...

crm to great plains
I have it set in admin and settings to have the default value of customer class id = customer. I also tried to create a mapping for this, but it doesn't seem to work. When I transfer a lead to an account - I then go into GP to look at the customer card. The customer class id field is blank and so is the salesperson id field. I have to manually go into each card and pick these values before my users can move on with the account. Am I doing something wrong? I thought these fields should be automatically filled in???? THanks, Jen ...

error 5.1.3 STOREDRV.Submit; invalid recipient address #SMTP#
Hi We have been sending email to a distribution list for over a year now and just yesterday we recieved an error message for some on the list and the email addresses are still valid: The format of the recipient's e-mail address isn't valid. A valid address looks like this: username@contoso.com. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try sending the message again, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator. _____ Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Diagnostic i...

Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack
Does anybody know where DMF keeps mapping data? Is it possible to transfer these data from one system to another? All the info used by the DMF is contained within the DMF tables. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Valdas Zagorskas" <valdas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C145E54-C963-43FE-B780-43951B09683C@microsoft.com... Does anybody know where DMF keeps mapping data? Is it possible to transfer these data from one system to another? ...

Migrated Outlook 2000 unexpectedly Quits in Windows XP
Hello, I've got a computer that was a new Windows XP installation. We moved the clients files over via Microsoft's Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. The old and new machine uses Outlook from the Office 2000 installation as opposed to the newest version of Office (2003). On the old machine, Outlook 2000 (NOT outlook 2003) would periodically "unexpectedly quit". The old computer was slow and old so the client upgraded and once the files were transferred the unexpected crashes started happening on the new computer as well. I now suspect that there's some sort of c...

test post #3
I've posted a couple messages today that havn't shown up. Just testing my account. Frank ...

Windows Live Mail software client v.14.0.8089.0726
Can you answer these questions for me or address the issues being presented? Thank you kindly. 1.) When it concerns email encoding; What is the best setting? Right now I'm set to Western European (ISO) - should I stick with this or should I switch to Western European (Windows)? What's the difference. What's the best way to go? 2.) It sure would be nice to be able to directly email any questions I have to the powers that be at Windows Live Mail software technical support, all I have is a feedback form. How about a direct link to an email form for Windows Live Mail t...

drop down calendar #3
Excel 2003 Is there a way to insert a drop down calendar into an excel spreadsheet so that someone could click on a date and it would then appear in the cell? Sure, See www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11773A3E-B285-42A3-99D0-570B86EEDDDE@microsoft.com... > Excel 2003 > Is there a way to insert a drop down calendar into an excel spreadsheet so > that someone could click on a date and it would then appear in the cell? ...

Missing SEND button, part 3
I'm starting to think I have a defective Outlook 2003... I'm missing my SEND button in Outlook 2003, and everyone tells me to simply call up the STANDARD toolbar. I do that, but there's still no SEND button, nor a SEND/RECEIVE button, so I can't even retrieve my e:mail. I go to the CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR setting, but the SEND option is nowhere to be found. Okay - I'm sure this is something simple, but I can't figure out why the heck it doesn't show up. I've also tried going through and having the CD "repair" my version of Outlook, but the "repair&...

CRM Timeout problem
I installed CRM and it works well but i have one problem that when i come to office every day or after 1 or 2 hours and when i chech the CRM server it stoped and when try to start it http://crmweb then it hangup for long time and mostly i get error after shut down and restart server it works well or i refresh is many times. i dont know what is wrong with this? During hangup i get this error message Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Request timed out. Description: An unhandled exception occurred durin...

Known Issue Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft
Hi all hoping someone can clarify the following: "Known Issues with the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager" point that sticks out in the documentation and in my long hours of reading online namely: "The link between activities and parent accounts and contacts is not preserved during migration. If you have accounts or contacts in Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager that have activities, such as tasks or appointments, associated with them, when you migrate the data to Microsoft CRM, the activities are not associated wit...

CRM Server URL
We finished the instalation of MS CRM. The web clients can access MS CRM by http:\\server. The problem is that in the instalation of SFO and Exchange Router, the http:\\server is not recognized. The users and machines are in the same domain. The Server is a MS SBS 2003. Any ideas? Kind regards, vagg Did you try to use the internal IP to access the CRM server? OR, If you setup the https to access the CRM server, you need to use "https://server:PORTNUMBER" to access the CRM website. Cheers, Jim "vagg" wrote: > We finished the instalation of MS CRM. The web c...