Migrating Tasks with Data Migration Framework

I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So
far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through
DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) &
emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks
(19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed
to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message
isnt of much help to nail down the issue.

I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each
participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user & contact) for
every record i insert into the cdf_task table. I have verified for
required fields and they are all there. When i run the DMF, it lists
the CDF records but migrates nothing.

Can anyone tell me what is the logic for creating records in cdf_task
and cdf_activityparty tables of CRM. Any help would be appreciated.

-Srinath

0
Srinath
3/7/2007 2:58:09 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Srirath,
I have the same problem, tested it on my own VPC it worked fine.
For tasks no cdf_activityparty is needed as there are no such things as
senders an recievers....
Did you find a solution to your problem?
Please let me know.

Joost

On Apr 10, 9:50 pm, Joost <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Srirath,
> I have the same problem, tested it on my own VPC it worked fine.
> For tasks no cdf_activityparty is needed as there are no such things as
> senders an recievers....
> Did you find a solution to your problem?
> Please let me know.
>
> Joost
>
> "Srinath" wrote:
> > I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So
> > far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through
> > DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) &
> > emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks
> > (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed
> > to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message
> > isnt of much help to nail down the issue.
>
> > I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each
> > participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user & contact) for
> > every record i insert into the cdf_task table. I have verified for
> > required fields and they are all there. When i run the DMF, it lists
> > the CDF records but migrates nothing.
>
> > Can anyone tell me what is the logic for creating records in cdf_task
> > and cdf_activityparty tables of CRM. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> > -Srinath

Thanks very much Joost. I have tried to import without
cdf_activityparty for
these tasks, yet the import doesnt happen.

Is there something else i need to look at - flags, required fields,
etc..??

0
srinath
4/16/2007 5:30:07 AM
Not that i know.
But i found a difference in using SQL SERVER 2000 and 2005.
2000 works OK, all tasks migrated in short time (15 min 3000 records with
notes).
In SQL-Server 2005 -that is on the standard MSCRM DEMO-UK environment- it
doesn't work:
'Failed to migrate object: server was unable to process request'......
We couldn't find any reason..

best regards
Joost

"srinath.muthukumaran@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Apr 10, 9:50 pm, Joost <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi Srirath,
> > I have the same problem, tested it on my own VPC it worked fine.
> > For tasks no cdf_activityparty is needed as there are no such things as
> > senders an recievers....
> > Did you find a solution to your problem?
> > Please let me know.
> >
> > Joost
> >
> > "Srinath" wrote:
> > > I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So
> > > far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through
> > > DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) &
> > > emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks
> > > (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed
> > > to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message
> > > isnt of much help to nail down the issue.
> >
> > > I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each
> > > participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user & contact) for
> > > every record i insert into the cdf_task table. I have verified for
> > > required fields and they are all there. When i run the DMF, it lists
> > > the CDF records but migrates nothing.
> >
> > > Can anyone tell me what is the logic for creating records in cdf_task
> > > and cdf_activityparty tables of CRM. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > > -Srinath
>
> Thanks very much Joost. I have tried to import without
> cdf_activityparty for
> these tasks, yet the import doesnt happen.
>
> Is there something else i need to look at - flags, required fields,
> etc..??

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

Accounting for change in data over time
Please help, I'm having a brain freeze today, and I can't figure out what should be obvious. I have three tables: tblOrgs that holds information about an organization tblContacts that holds information about the peple that work at organizations tblMarketingRecords that hold marketing information about the organizations and the contacts that have been made. I need to account for two things that can change over time: the first is the person's title; the second is their association with the organizaion. In the first case, a person's title was Admin and is now Associate. ...

Copy data from one worksheet to another
Dear All, I've a worksheet contains records belong to "complete" and "incomplete" status. And I need to seperate these records manually into two seperated worksheets "complete" and "incomplete". I just wonder is there any formula to show only records which are "complete" status in a worksheet and "incomplete" in another worksheet ? It's quite clumsy to do the sorting and cut & paste to another worksheet everytime. Any idea? Thanks Best Rdgs Ellis Hi Ellis Three ways Manual Use AutoFilter and copy the visibl...

Abstracting Error Bar Data From Charts
I have a series of charts that I build each day and mail out to multiple recipients. Some of them would like to see the underlying data. Rather than send the data files, I have provided them with a macro to abstract the data from the charts they already receive, and to set the source for the chart to that abstracted data. Fine, except for the error bars. The charts contain custom error bars on one series, and I'd like to abstract those from the charts too. But I can not find the place in the object model where the data is stored. I know that the Chart.SeriesCollection will tell me whethe...

Change Data from Now() to Date() Format
I've been entering data ( for some time ) in one of my field in a database with the Now() format - eg: 11/26/2007 9:52:0a AM I've now discovered that I should have used the standard date() format - eg: 11/26/2007 This would facilitate my record retrieval in the future. Is there a way to do an update query that will change to format from Now() to Date() without affecting the the contents of the data . Thanks for all your help. Take is easy on the cross posting here. It is considered VERY RUDE to just throw out your question to a GAZILLION newsgroups with the thought that this...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Using the 'onChange' Event to control data entry.
I would like to know if anyone has any significant experience customizing CRM and using the onChange event. I have created a number of custom fields and what I would like to do is have an onChange event that makes some fields unavailable when a certain item is chosen from the dropdown list. Is this at all possible? Cheers, Rob. Rob, Is it possible? Yes. Will it be supported? No. One problem you will run into is how to "trigger" this code when an existing record is displayed. This is where you are going to get into unsupported changes. You will need to modify the page so ...

Unbind Charts From Data?
I've got an Excel book with two tabs - one tab with a bunch of data and one tab with 6 charts based on that data. I want to export the tab with the charts into a new Excel book, but I basically want the charts to be "snapshots" - not dependant on the source data. Is there any way to do this? -- Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now! Jon Peltier has instructions for delinking chart data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html MDW wrote: > I've got an Excel book with two tabs - one tab with a bunch of data and one > tab wit...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

hammock vs summary task
Hello folks I have a bit of an issue: I am currently using a large number of hammock tasks (the linked field kind) in my project files (designed to capture any costs that cannot be easily broken down by the related sub-tasks). As an example, I have a Framing hammock that captures any material costs that cannot easily be placed on the individual floor framing tasks. Now, I am also running an Earned Value system that is duration based, so these hammock tasks definitely have an associated planned value at any given moment. The problem is that I now have something of around 15-20 ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

Look up data from a table in a text box
Hello, I have a text box on a form and I would like data to be viewed from a table. In the properties of the text box on the control source I place =[Date Ran]![DT_TM_RAN]. I thought this would show the data in the DT_TM_RAN field in the text box. But when I open the form it shows #Name? Can someone please direct me in the right direction to fix this issue. Thanks for your time. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 I think the Dlookup function is what you want. Help on that function should tell you e...

WLM data files
Where in the directory tree would I find the file(s) in which all of WLM's data (email folders/messages, contacts, newsgroup messages, calendar, etc.) are stored? Look in options/advanced/maintenance/store folder to find the path to where it is all stored. Art [artfudd] Folden -- "PE" wrote in message news:O_idnZXhJ6HMndLRnZ2dnUVZ_g-dnZ2d@earthlink.com... Where in the directory tree would I find the file(s) in which all of WLM's data (email folders/messages, contacts, newsgroup messages, calendar, etc.) are stored? "Art [artfudd] Folden" &...

EWS and exchange account tasks and notes folders

query with duplicated data
Hi, I'm trying to do my first database and I want to compare 2 tables. Tbl 1: Invoice nmr Part nmr Value Price 1001 A 601 100 1001 B 601 500 1001 C 602 200 1002 A 601 100 1003 D 602 550 Tbl2: Invoice nmr Value SumPrice 1001 601 600 .... (part A+B) 1001 602 200 ..... (part C) 1002 602 100 ..... (part A) 1003 602 55...

How do I alter the value of a data point in a chart series
How do I alter the value of a data point in a chart series You can change the value in the cell that the point represents. In Excel 2003 and earlier, you can select the point (single click to select the series, then single click again to select the point), then when the cursor turns into a double or quadruple arrow, click on the point and drag it. This capability was removed from Excel 2007. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "IanU" <IanU@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

linking data with other workbooks
Hello, I have a spreadsheet (FrontEnd.xls) whos cell gets data from another spreadsheet using (='C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3). I then close both spreadsheets and open BackEnd.xls and insert a column causing the BackEnd data to now be C4. Now when I open the FrontEnd.xls I am asked if I want to update the links. After choosing "Yes", the cell is still pointing to "'C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3" rather then to C4. Is there a way to have the FrontEnd.xls spreadsheet update cell references that have shifted because of insertions or deletion of...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

Copy new data being added automatically to sheet2
Hi, I have this sheet which i am currently working on - what i would lik to do is everytime a new bit of data is added to sheet1, i automatically updates sheet2 (which is a datastore). It has to be abl to find the next blank cell in the store so data isn't overwritten. I would prefer not to use a button but am open to suggestions. Ar there change events i could put code behind? Kind Regards, Alex The file sometimes has problems opening straight from a folder so ope excel first, and find the file through that. Cheers +---------------------------------------------------------------...

Security access to perform a task
I have had difficulty in the past determining what security access a user needs to perform a certain task and am wondering if there is any security documentation for Great Plains that is task oriented. Thanks dave Dave, In just a few weeks, we will be publishing a book called Dynamics GP Maintenance that will include significant information on setting up security. Watch our web site at www.AccoladePublications.com Until then, use Advanced Security and, generally, simply use the "by Menu" node options to setup access to different areas of the application. Richard L. Whaley...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

Mixed Data Handling
Hi, I have a mixed data set as exampled below, Type Value A 14 B 0.156 C 1.65 A 18 D 400 C 1.56 C 1.72 .... .... .... Question: How can I graph these variables individually without chancin' the data structure? Note: I can not use autofilter or any other macro, this data set will be updated every 2hours, but can make any link to this data set freely. Thx for your concern Emre ´┐ŻNAL Statistician http://www.geocities.com/dusemre You can make a pivot table from this data. The data is unchanged, as the P...

Connect to Excel file to import data
Hello, I have a vba code that will import the data from the excel file. I open the excel file,import it and close it. But I think I have the problem with closing it.The VBA works fine, but when I reopen the excel file from the file inself, it says something about the Read Only, Notify...... Here is my code Function ImportBidData(FileName As String) Set excel = CreateObject("excel.Application") excel.workbooks.Open (FileName) DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "tbl_Temp_Quote1", FileName, False, "Quote1Direct" e...