Migrating customers from CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0

Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what
is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great
Plaines?

I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts.

Thanks,
John
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and
Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it
does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to
http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me
directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information.
--
Brett Meyer
CRM Manager/Microsoft Certified Instructor

"John" wrote:

> Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what
> is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great
> Plaines?
>
> I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts.
>
> Thanks,
> John
John,

What is your exact requirement? Is it a one time migration of only
customer Information of CRM to GP and from that onwards no need to
synchronize (or maybe manual synching)? Or is it that you would like to
have an ongoing connection between the CRM and GP with every updates
being reflected in either of the systems as well as detailed level
Orders and Invoicing?

If it is an ongoing connection and detailed level then Brett is correct
in saying a tool like Scribe would be good rather than reinventing the
wheel.

But if it is a one time migration from CRM to GP or a very simple
continuous updates of only customer information, then I think this
could be done by writing some script or a bit of programming or even by
export import features but yes, you will to get hold of programmer who
is well versed in both the ERP (GP) and CRM (MS CRM). We had done a
similar thing once and it is not that complicated if it is just a
simple process.

Sam
_______________
Inogic
Innovative Logic
Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
E-mail: crm@inogic.com
Web: www.inogic.com
--------------------------

Brett meyer wrote:
> I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and
> Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it
> does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to
> http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me
> directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information.
> --
> Brett Meyer
> CRM Manager/Microsoft Certified Instructor
>

> "John" wrote:
>
> > Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what
> > is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great
> > Plaines?
> >
> > I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John

0
Sam

How to create a custom lead attribute and have it survive conversi
I'd like to create a custom attrribute for the lead record and have it survive conversion to an account and opportunity record. How do I go about doing this? Applies to CRM 3.0 SBE Thanks! The basic steps would be to add a corresponding custom field to your account and opportunity entities, and then edit the relationship mappings for Leads>Accounts and Leads>Opportunities. Save and publish your changes and you should be good to go. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scorch" wrote: > I'd like to create a custom attrribute for the le...

Dynamics GP 9.0 macro/script issue.
We have a macro that executes once a week to perform check links on all companies in Dynamics GP 9.0. This script used to work fine but lately the script does no log out and close the instance of GP after finishing the script. First i though maybe it's getting stuck somewhere in the middle of the script and that is why it does not log out and close the instance of GP, but when i check the logs, it says that the last statement executed was to log out and close the instance of GP. This is the code that is last executed. ================= CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

alpha customers
I have an income list that reads: counter check- beverly ann counter check- debra beve and so forth. There are 100+ names. For some reason the list is not in alphabetical order. Is there a way I can alpha this list? ...

Microsoft CRM media reuse
Hi there, My client has bought 2 sets of Microsoft CRM 3.0 server licenses for Test and Production environments. But they only bought one media kit and i was wondering this media kit and the CD- Key can be re-use for both installations? Or do they need 2 media kits with 2 seperate set of CD - Keys Thanks Kyaw One set is all you need - make sure they are the latest though - check with the trial downl,oads as they are all the same Pete "Kyaw Zay Ya" <kyaw.zayya@completesolutions.co.nz> wrote in message news:uEofFIjKIHA.5580@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi there, &...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

crm not moving order to GP
we seem to have problem getting order to come across to great plains all the time. after the order is sent i get the TTL expired and it get lock up... how can i unlock it so i can resend? ...

Custom E-mail in the GAL ?
HI all, Is it possible to add a custom E-mail (SMTP) in the GAL WITHOUT adding a user in the AD ? Eg. mydomain.com for local users.. but also want other domain SMTP addresses to be visible in the GAL. Eg. billyboy@msn.com etc. Or better yet is it possible to import the contacts from my PST file ? Regards, Doz sure...just create a "contact"...not a user... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Doz" <Doz@Doz.Doz> wrote in message news:ttt6ze25exk1$.8sczp5btwkng.dlg@40tude.net... > HI all, > > Is it possible to add a custom E-mail (SMTP) in the GAL WITHOUT adding a u...

EXCEL AND VB6.0
Hi All, MY Application is a web application.Client from the user system can upload a EXCEL file for processing at WEBSERVER. The Requirement is when the processing of excel is going any bad records according to busines rule if found need to be written into a new EXCEL file. The VB componet used for it refer a EXCEL object but at server according to client wouldnt be any "MS OFFICE" Installed thu my program to generate the EXCEL obejct refernce is not working. Is there any way by which without installing MS OFFICE at webserver i can create a EXCEL file. THis is urgent please...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Paramater box pop up even if customer selected in combo box
Have this code Sub PrintReports(ReportView As AcView) ' This procedure used in Preview_Click and Print_Click Sub procedures. ' Preview or print report selected in the ReportToPrint option group. ' Then close the Print Sales Reports Dialog form. Dim strReportName As String Dim strReportFilter As String Dim lOrderCount As Long ' Determine report filtering If Nz(Me.lstReportFilter) <> "" Then strReportFilter = "([SalesGroupingField] = """ & Me.lstReportFilter & """)&q...

When will RTM be available for VL and MSDN customers ?
Hi ! We need to know when the RTM version will be available to VL customers and to msdn ? We do not want to use eval version because obviously a reinstall is needed to turn it into a fully licensed version -> btw ... this is not a very smart choice imho ...why not simply enter a license key ?!? Thanks, Alex I have been advised by my MS contacts that it should be on the VL site no later than June 1st. "Alexander" wrote: > Hi ! > > We need to know when the RTM version will be available to VL customers and > to msdn ? We do not want to use ev...

How do you include a custom field in a time scaled data report
Hi There, Does anyone know how to include a custom field in a time scaled data report? I created a custom field, (text 8 = Projects) to organize my tasks by projects, similar to organizing task by dept.. I would like to see actual work organized by the projects. Is there a way I need to organize my project plan for me to collect this data? Thank you, Wina Hi Wina, If I understand your question corerrectly, you wish to have a time phases custom field simular to work or cost? Unfortunalty Custom fields are not "assignment" fields and therefore cannot be m...

Creating Custom Events
What would be the best way to create, raise and handle a custom event from Outlook? The scenario I have is that my client would like to have two levels of reminders from an appointment in an Outlook calendar. i can use the default reminder for one of them, but I'm not exactly sure about the other reminder. I am using Outlook 2003, and can write any code in VBA, script, and Visual Studio 2005 Tools For Office. I need to do this as soon as possible. Thanks! Theresa ...

CRM and Great Plains Basic Installation Instructions for Client
I did a search for installation instructions for CRM and it reported no articles found. Just loading CRM can be a major ordeal with this fix and that fix, and to not have an easy to find detailed instructions is just confounding to me. How about just a basic list on how an installation of CRM and Great Plains on the client system. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

CRM not receiving all the E-Mails
Hi all, I have SBS 2003, Exchange 2000. I have reloaded the CRM, which by the way is not best idea when your new to the product, but after doing surgery in the registry and getting the build numbers correct - all worked again. Now i have the problem that not all e-mails are routing thru to the CRM even with the setting "on all incoming mail selected". I was hoping that someone will have a bit of knowledge to share in this regard. Rgds Jefferson Are only a few users reproting this issue? ie is email working for some users but not all?. you need to add an entry in the AD for ea...

Custom Form Error, publih to server
Hi All I'm trying to publish a new form I have created on the Administrator account of the exchange server, in outlook. When I go to publish in the Org. Forms Library, I receive the following error, "An error has occured when trying to access this folder." As this is an admin account, I am trying to find out what the error is and why it's happening, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions Much Appreciated Jason ...

outlook mail #3
my co worker set up my outlook to be my main source of email, now i'm not getting my mail. i tested it and it came back successful could i have missed something? i don't know much about the ip address could this be the problem, or my pop server address? Are you clicking on send/receive, because by default there is no auto send receive feature in Outlook as there is in outlook express. It has to be set from tools-options You mail will probably be locates in Microsoft Exchange. Right click on th e outlook icon & select explore. You will find all of your mail here. I am havi...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Resources #3
We recently upgraded from 5.5 to 2003, Before the upgrade, Resources used to forward, appointments to another users mailbox, (Very useful as some required the ordering of refreshments etc), however now the only way to acheive this appears to be to turn off, the automatic acceptance, which defeats the idea of Resources, as two people can then try to book the same resource twice at the same time. http://www.swinc.erm -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dave Cooper" <dave.cooper@instem-lss.com> wrote in message news:uVq...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

sharing calendar with outside customer
Hi there Is it possible to share a calendar with a customer who is not on our corporate network? The only way I can think of is to go through the same process of creating a user account (as with an internal user) and then let the customer connect to our Exchange Server using RPC over HTTP, but this is going to use up one user license for each of our customer's representatives who will be viewing the calendar. The customer will not be sending or receiving email using the Exchange Server account, only viewing the calendar. Is there a way I can do this without using up a license for ea...

CRM Live
I haven't any reference to if or how CRM Live would accomodate SQL Reporting Services. Any ideas? Hi Don, we've been part of the Titan TAP, but I can't recall anything specific about CRM Live and SRS reports. CRM 3.0 reports will need to be upgraded to CRM 4.0 reports because of the significant changes between report formats to handle the new reporting connector (no more double-Kerberos hops to SRS), and other changes. I'm sure you'll be able to develop SRS reports in Visual Studio and upload them to CRM Live or use the Report Builder tool to develop basic reports ...

AD users not available when adding to CRM?
Hi, I am trying to add new users to my CRM system and have had no problems on the first 3 however the final 2 are having some issues? When I use the wizard from deployment manager and it comes to the screen where you can slecet users from the AD the people I want are not in the list? They are in AD though? I have tried starting the 4 CRM services as an AD administrator instead of the local account with the same results? Why can I only see a limited list of users from the AD in the deployment manager? I do think that the people I am trying to add are old emplyees from our 2000 domain. ...