Migrating CRM to CRM

We had to delete the OU from the Active Directy, and now
cannot get to our data.  Reading through the posts it
looks as though we have to use the DMF to convert our
data because of the GUIDs that are hard-coded in the
files.  Unless someone knows of a utility that I can use
to change the GUIDs in the Active Directory - but we
tried a number of different things.

So, is there an easy method to import CRM data into CRM?
I tried using SQL DTS to the cdf_entities, but this is
like pulling teeth, and don't know if I am going to be
losing any data.  Anyone have any insight into getting
this done quickly and completely?

Thanks
Ed
0
Ed
4/15/2004 8:21:46 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is no easy and quick way to do this. The only way I am aware of doing
this is using the DMF. there appears to be a market for a tool to do this
easily if any ISV's are reading this :-)

"Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We had to delete the OU from the Active Directy, and now
> cannot get to our data.  Reading through the posts it
> looks as though we have to use the DMF to convert our
> data because of the GUIDs that are hard-coded in the
> files.  Unless someone knows of a utility that I can use
> to change the GUIDs in the Active Directory - but we
> tried a number of different things.
>
> So, is there an easy method to import CRM data into CRM?
> I tried using SQL DTS to the cdf_entities, but this is
> like pulling teeth, and don't know if I am going to be
> losing any data.  Anyone have any insight into getting
> this done quickly and completely?
>
> Thanks
> Ed

0
John
4/16/2004 4:30:10 AM
John
Thanks for the response.

For anyone that has done this - am I going to lose any
information?  I am running into a problem right out of
the box using DTS - I get a mismatch of data types with a
number of the elements, like the AccountID in cdf_Account
where it is defined as an 'int' type but as
a 'uniqueidentifier' in AccountBase.  I am not a SQL
whiz, so I don't know where to start.

Thanks
Ed

0
Ed
4/16/2004 1:44:21 PM
Ed,

Provided you are careful, you won't lose any data.  The biggest issue is the one
you just hit.  The DMF uses integer fields for the promary keys, but CRM uses
GUID's.  You will need to map these values in order to migrate the data.

The only other thing is to make sure you populate all the tables in the DMF
(like ActiviyParties).  This is the one that causes the most trouble with

If you aren't comfortable doing this on your own, you may need to bring in
someone with stronger SQL skills to assist you.

Matt Parks

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 06:44:21 -0700, "Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

John
Thanks for the response.

For anyone that has done this - am I going to lose any
information?  I am running into a problem right out of
the box using DTS - I get a mismatch of data types with a
number of the elements, like the AccountID in cdf_Account
where it is defined as an 'int' type but as
a 'uniqueidentifier' in AccountBase.  I am not a SQL
whiz, so I don't know where to start.

Thanks
Ed

0
Matt
4/16/2004 3:24:47 PM
Thanks Matt
How do I 'map these values'.  I am in DTS Designer, and
looking at the ActiveX script, but don't know what code
to use.  I must have to change DTSDestination
("AccountId") = DTSSource("AccountId"), to something, but
I don't know what.

0
Ed
4/16/2004 3:56:36 PM
That's actually part of the problem.  It isn't an easy thing to do directly from
DTS.  You will most likely need to create a table to do the mapping for you and
then join to that table in a query and use the query as the DTS source.

There are several ways to setup a mapping table like this.  One relatively
simplistic approach would be a 2 column table that has a GUID column and an
Integer Identitiy column,  Then, insert all the various GUIDS from all the CRM
tables into this table.  The Identity will automatically assign unique values
for each GUID.  Then, you would need to join every GUID to this in order to get
the corresponding Integer value.

Matt Parks

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:56:36 -0700, "Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Thanks Matt
How do I 'map these values'.  I am in DTS Designer, and
looking at the ActiveX script, but don't know what code
to use.  I must have to change DTSDestination
("AccountId") = DTSSource("AccountId"), to something, but
I don't know what.

0
Matt
4/16/2004 4:14:17 PM
Thanks Matt
That's a good tip.  I am now moving forward - just really
tedious.

Ed

0
Ed

CRM ISV product listing
Hello. I've been a Solomon consultant for 19 years, but new to MS CRM. Is anyone aware of a good listing of ISV products and add-ons for MS CRM? Thanks, Mitch Youngerman Insyte Busines Partners myoungerman@insytebusinesspartners.com Here you go: https://www.greatplains.com/partnersource/documents/Partner MSCRM/crmisvsolutions.htm Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >> Other Microsoft Great Plains Online Forum Resources >-----Original Message----- >Hello. I've been a Solomon consultan...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Microsoft CRM media reuse
Hi there, My client has bought 2 sets of Microsoft CRM 3.0 server licenses for Test and Production environments. But they only bought one media kit and i was wondering this media kit and the CD- Key can be re-use for both installations? Or do they need 2 media kits with 2 seperate set of CD - Keys Thanks Kyaw One set is all you need - make sure they are the latest though - check with the trial downl,oads as they are all the same Pete "Kyaw Zay Ya" <kyaw.zayya@completesolutions.co.nz> wrote in message news:uEofFIjKIHA.5580@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi there, &...

crm not moving order to GP
we seem to have problem getting order to come across to great plains all the time. after the order is sent i get the TTL expired and it get lock up... how can i unlock it so i can resend? ...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

CRM and Great Plains Basic Installation Instructions for Client
I did a search for installation instructions for CRM and it reported no articles found. Just loading CRM can be a major ordeal with this fix and that fix, and to not have an easy to find detailed instructions is just confounding to me. How about just a basic list on how an installation of CRM and Great Plains on the client system. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

CRM not receiving all the E-Mails
Hi all, I have SBS 2003, Exchange 2000. I have reloaded the CRM, which by the way is not best idea when your new to the product, but after doing surgery in the registry and getting the build numbers correct - all worked again. Now i have the problem that not all e-mails are routing thru to the CRM even with the setting "on all incoming mail selected". I was hoping that someone will have a bit of knowledge to share in this regard. Rgds Jefferson Are only a few users reproting this issue? ie is email working for some users but not all?. you need to add an entry in the AD for ea...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

User Manager Wizard and Microsoft CRM Security Service
I am trying to run Microsoft CRM Standard Suite on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. I have followed all of the instructions in the Implementation Guide, but when I try to add users, it gives me this error message: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager." In the error log, I get these messages (oldest to newest): Source: W3SVC-WP Event Id: 2214 Description: The HTTP Filter DLL c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bin\fpexedll.dll. The data i...

migrating from 5.5
We intend to go t Exchange 2003 and are looking for the best scenario. We would like to change our mailsite name. 1. Can we change the mailsite name, then build a new 2003 server in the same site and use the migration wizard? 2. Can we build an exchange 2003 server in the same site and then once in native mode rename the site? 3. Or do we have to build an exchange 2003 serverm in a different domain? ...

AD users not available when adding to CRM?
Hi, I am trying to add new users to my CRM system and have had no problems on the first 3 however the final 2 are having some issues? When I use the wizard from deployment manager and it comes to the screen where you can slecet users from the AD the people I want are not in the list? They are in AD though? I have tried starting the 4 CRM services as an AD administrator instead of the local account with the same results? Why can I only see a limited list of users from the AD in the deployment manager? I do think that the people I am trying to add are old emplyees from our 2000 domain. ...

CRM Live
I haven't any reference to if or how CRM Live would accomodate SQL Reporting Services. Any ideas? Hi Don, we've been part of the Titan TAP, but I can't recall anything specific about CRM Live and SRS reports. CRM 3.0 reports will need to be upgraded to CRM 4.0 reports because of the significant changes between report formats to handle the new reporting connector (no more double-Kerberos hops to SRS), and other changes. I'm sure you'll be able to develop SRS reports in Visual Studio and upload them to CRM Live or use the Report Builder tool to develop basic reports ...

How to keep SBS 2003 server running after migrating to SBS 2008
I've successfully migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 on a new machine. However, I have some apps running on the old server (ACT & Quickbooks) that I'd like to keep on this machine. The documentation states 'If you want to repurpose the Source Server, the simplest way is to reformat and install a new operating system'. What's the hard way? In other words, is there a way to get the machine back in a healthy state without installing a new operating system or reformatting the hard drive so I can use it to run these apps? SBS 2003 can't be used as a demo...

Do a mail merge from Publisher in CRM.
Mail merge in Publisher is not a supported feature. This would be a very nice feature in CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3782cbd4-c992-4d9f-ba8c-9b537...

folder migration
I am working on migrating outlook express folders from a old computer to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. I used the file/Import,Export feature but not all of the folders contain information. There are a total of six folders that need to be Imported. Outlook created the folders under personal folder but only two contain the messages. The other four are empty. I have tried to move them individually with no success. If anyone has a theory on how to accomplish this please let me know. Thank you. Chad ...

Data Migration Question 02-19-04
OK, Perhaps I was too general and hopeful in my prior post about migrating from one domain to another (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/previewFrame.a sp? ICP=MSCOM&sLCID=US&sgroupURL=microsoft.public.crm&sMessageI D=%253C123e501c3f59d%2524223a9100%2524a501280a@phx.gbl% 253E) I am having issues in migrating data from my test CRM system to a simulated production environment (My project manager needs to know how long it is going to take next month when we go live.) Realistically all I really want to migrate is: PriceLevelBase ProductBase ProductPriceLevelBase Subj...

replication of multiple CRM databases
Hello, I'm investrigating CRM packages and the environment I'm looking at is having two or three instllations (one in US, one in Canada and possibly one in France). The data needs to be shared to a degree (if possible) and one option I want to consider is MS SQL server replication. Ideally, so the two/three international installations can work with the same data, showing local regional settings (US$ Can$ and euro). Network infrastructure means having an installation in one central location with the other two accessing the central, shared database over the Internet would not be the mo...

Migrating Tasks with Data Migration Framework
I've been working on a migration project from Goldmine to MS CRM. So far, I've migrated all accounts (6000+) and contacts (10000+) through DMF and subsequently used DMF to migrate all phonecalls (18000) & emails (300) successfully. However, when i try to migrate tasks (19000) the DMF simply doesnt migrate anything. The log says - "Failed to migrate object: Server was unable to process request". This message isnt of much help to nail down the issue. I ran a stored procedure to create 2 activityparty records for each participant in cdf_activityparty (one each for the user ...

openldap and migration wizard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0093_01C459E1.119508F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on = it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, = i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for = the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to = extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a = "Invalid DN syntax" ...

CRM Migration from One Business Unit to Other 12-25-03
Hi, We have a MS CRM Server with MSDN Subscribtion Licenses for testing, during that we imported some of OutLook Contacts and some other records are created in CRM Server . After Testing we decided that we will purchase CRM Licenses, but what i want to know is that can import this records(Leads, Accounts and Contacts) in New Ms CRM Server installation with our company Business Unit Licenses? Thanks in advance. Mushtaq ...

How to eliminate users in CRM?
How do you eliminate usernames that are entered in error or are no longer needed? Setting up a new CRM installation - the domain had .lcl as part of the domain name. Entered the users without .lcl and it somehow authenticated when entering the user into CRM, yet it would not function properly for the user. Had to inactivate the original user, add the new user, and then everything seems to work ok. Also, in such a case, have problems with duplicate username. How can this be fixed ... or do we have to live with it? HELP!!! Rich Elliott Associates Solutions, Inc. www.associates-solu...

Migrating to Exchange 2003 Test
I am trying to go to Exchange 2003 (test environment) Here is my senerio Ser-1 Domain controler AD & global catalog server (W2K) Ser-2 Exchange-2000 with restored database (W2K) Ser-3 Exchange-2003 (W2K3) did run forestprep and domainprep before I installed Exchange 2003 no errors. I am always logged on as administrator to the domain on any server, & al Exchange services are running. Problem: No event log errors system or Application on any server Ser-2 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-2 and Ser-3 Ser-3 I can see the mailboxes from Ser-3 but not from Ser-2 The info. store is not moun...