Migrating Attachments in CRM 4.0 #2

Hi,

We are using the Data Migration Manager to import data into CRM 4.0.  All of
our
data seems to be migrating fine except for attachments. We have followed all
the
steps in the help files including:

1)We put all the notes/attachments into a Notes.csv file with a column
specifying
the entity, a column that contains the unique (entity) id, and a column with
the
filename.
2)We moved all of the attachments to a sub-folder named 'Attachments' within
the
folder that is holding the Notes.csv file.
3)We have mapped the 'Regarding' field (in CRM) to the entity id column.

After the migration completes, we can see the attachments when we open up an
entity,
but the size is not there and the files can't be opened.  When we look in
the database, the filenames are there but there is nothing in the
DocumentBody column.

There are no errors during the migration.

Has anyone had a similar issue or can anyone suggest something?

Thanks in advance!
0
skmcbee (4)
1/23/2008 1:44:46 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

You need to map the column in the Notes.Csv file which contains the
filenames of the attachments to the "Document (documentbody)" Column of the
Note entity. Are you doing this?

Thanks
Tushar

"skmcbee" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using the Data Migration Manager to import data into CRM 4.0.  All of
> our
> data seems to be migrating fine except for attachments. We have followed all
> the
> steps in the help files including:
>
> 1)We put all the notes/attachments into a Notes.csv file with a column
> specifying
> the entity, a column that contains the unique (entity) id, and a column with
> the
> filename.
> 2)We moved all of the attachments to a sub-folder named 'Attachments' within
> the
> folder that is holding the Notes.csv file.
> 3)We have mapped the 'Regarding' field (in CRM) to the entity id column.
>
> After the migration completes, we can see the attachments when we open up an
> entity,
> but the size is not there and the files can't be opened.  When we look in
> the database, the filenames are there but there is nothing in the
> DocumentBody column.
>
> There are no errors during the migration.
>
> Has anyone had a similar issue or can anyone suggest something?
>
> Thanks in advance!
How do I transform a marketing list on the Client for Outlook CRM 4.0
to an Outlook contact list (distribution list)  - I would like to send the
marketing
list an attachment... (as this is a routine used by marketing manager).

Thanks

"Tushar Bhatia(tusharb@microsoft.com)" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You need to map the column in the Notes.Csv file which contains the
> filenames of the attachments to the "Document (documentbody)" Column of the
> Note entity. Are you doing this?
>
> Thanks
> Tushar
>

> "skmcbee" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are using the Data Migration Manager to import data into CRM 4.0.  All of
> > our
> > data seems to be migrating fine except for attachments. We have followed all
> > the
> > steps in the help files including:
> >
> > 1)We put all the notes/attachments into a Notes.csv file with a column
> > specifying
> > the entity, a column that contains the unique (entity) id, and a column with
> > the
> > filename.
> > 2)We moved all of the attachments to a sub-folder named 'Attachments' within
> > the
> > folder that is holding the Notes.csv file.
> > 3)We have mapped the 'Regarding' field (in CRM) to the entity id column.
> >
> > After the migration completes, we can see the attachments when we open up an
> > entity,
> > but the size is not there and the files can't be opened.  When we look in
> > the database, the filenames are there but there is nothing in the
> > DocumentBody column.
> >
> > There are no errors during the migration.
> >
> > Has anyone had a similar issue or can anyone suggest something?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
0
4crm4 (41)

Dynamics GP 9.0 macro/script issue.
We have a macro that executes once a week to perform check links on all companies in Dynamics GP 9.0. This script used to work fine but lately the script does no log out and close the instance of GP after finishing the script. First i though maybe it's getting stuck somewhere in the middle of the script and that is why it does not log out and close the instance of GP, but when i check the logs, it says that the last statement executed was to log out and close the instance of GP. This is the code that is last executed. ================= CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

If cell is Bold then 1, if cell is Italics then 2? #2
I have a list of hundreds of cells, the cells are either Bold, Italics, or Regular. I want those cells that are bold to result in 1 in another column. those in italics to will result in 2. Am I able to write a "if" function that achieve this? If not, what should I do? Please kindly advise ...

Outlook 2000 won't forward attachments
I didn't believe it at first, but apparently when I forward an incoming message that has (for example, an MS Word ) attachment, and JPEGS, the recipient receives only a file called Winmail1.dat It cannot be opened normally. Not all recipients complain, so I am not sure if it happens all the time. I am using Zonelabs firewall. I am sure this behaviour is not usual, but I haven't figured out the precise circumstances when this happens. Can anyone help, please? I am sorry if this is a common problem that you've answered before. Thanks Ian Use Plain Text or HTML - Outlook Rich T...

outlook business contact manager #2
Is there a way to be able to have teh database for the Contact manager be avaible online? That way our corporate people can view the stuff while our sales people are out of teh office. Thanks On Jan 22, 11:04=A0am, "Johnfli" <j...@ivhs.us> wrote: > Is there a way to be able to have teh database for theContactmanagerbe > avaible online? =A0 That way our corporate people can view the stuff while= our > sales people are out of teh office. > > Thanks John, in the future, you might want to post to microsoft.public.outlook.bcm...a lot more bcm traffic there....

Microsoft CRM media reuse
Hi there, My client has bought 2 sets of Microsoft CRM 3.0 server licenses for Test and Production environments. But they only bought one media kit and i was wondering this media kit and the CD- Key can be re-use for both installations? Or do they need 2 media kits with 2 seperate set of CD - Keys Thanks Kyaw One set is all you need - make sure they are the latest though - check with the trial downl,oads as they are all the same Pete "Kyaw Zay Ya" <kyaw.zayya@completesolutions.co.nz> wrote in message news:uEofFIjKIHA.5580@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi there, &...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Email w/attachment stuck in Outbox
I know this is a common issue but can someone tell me how to quickly GET into Outlook and remove the messages that are stuck in the Outbox due to large attachments? By the time my client opens up Outlook and tries to get into the Outbox to delete them, the system is already hosed. There has to be another way to do this instead of being on Outlook's beat the clock game? Thanks in advance. TCM Where you able to correct? ----- T. Mergl wrote: ----- I know this is a common issue but can someone tell me how to quickly GET into Outlook and remove the message...

Text to numbers #2
I am converting the following to numbers using =value(LEFT(D117,LEN(D117)-1)) 4" 3/4" 2" All works fine except the fraction keeps turning into a date value? I try formatting the cells but this does not work either? Any advice -- Ray Ray, Try this =VALUE(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("/",D6)),"0 ","")&LEFT(D6,LEN(D6)-1)) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D8C1083-6C0C-4293-813D-C86D79BCFE86@microsoft.com... > I am converting the following to numbers using =value(LEFT(D117,LEN(D117)-1)...

CRM and Great Plains Basic Installation Instructions for Client
I did a search for installation instructions for CRM and it reported no articles found. Just loading CRM can be a major ordeal with this fix and that fix, and to not have an easy to find detailed instructions is just confounding to me. How about just a basic list on how an installation of CRM and Great Plains on the client system. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

IIS 6.0 requirements for Exchange 2003 Standard
I am just about to begin our migration to Exchange 2003. I've built out our Windows 2003 server, but haven't installed IIS 6.0 yet. Exactly what components of IIS 6.0 are required for Exchange 2003 Standard? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Exchange2003/proddocs/library/DepGuide.asp Pages 66-68 Exchange 2003 Setup requires that the following components and services be installed and enabled on the server: � .NET Framework � ASP.NET � Internet Information Services (IIS) � World Wide Web Publishing Service � Simple Mail Tr...

using find in 2 or 3 workbooks that are open
When I have 2 or 3 seperate excel file programs open. When I do a find it will only search that particular file. Is there a way to set it up so all excell files can be searched? Thanks Nothing built into excel lets you do this. I guess you could have a macro that searches each workbook (and each worksheet in each workbook???). Kind of like this: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim FindWhat As String Dim FirstAddress As String Dim FoundCell As Range Dim resp As Long Dim myWindow As Window Dim isVisible As Boolean ...

Customising CRM Outlook client labels
Within the CRM Outlook client are there any solutions (supported or not) to change the labels of the buttons on the CRM toolbar and change the label on the CRM drop-down menu and change the labels on the CRM navigation folders? ...

Help! #2
Thanks for your help in advance. I am trying to figure out a way that inside the same spreadsheet you can have different column width sizes. Is there a way to divide the spreadsheet to allow this to happen? -- ldstone ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ldstone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27296 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=467951 you can set the colin width for any individual or group of columns b highlighting them and then selecting from the menus Format Col...

2 problems with code
hello to all I have some code that works OK but has a few problems that I'd really like to fix. My form has 2 comboboxes called cboA and cboB. When the user selects an AB combination then clicks cmdDelete, the code finds the matching record then deletes it. But, there are 2 bugs: 1) If the user chooses an AB combination that is NOT in the recordset then clicks cmdDelete, the code goes into an endless loop. I get around this by using a counter (see the 6 lines marked ****), but I know that this is bad code. How should it be handled? 2) Also, the user is unable to delete the FI...

Receiving Jpeg Attachments
I am receiveing emails from a client who attaches Jpegs (from his MAC) to me and when I get them, there are no attachments, the images are embedded. Where does that problem originate from? I get Jpeg attachments from people all the time and the only person this happens with is this particular client. This client also tells me I am the only one that this happens to for him. I have had him try sending through my AOL and general yahoo accounts in addition to this outlook account and it is always the same. No attachments, but, embedded images and I can't right click them and &quo...

Redeployment of CRM3.0 from production to Test server
Hi, I am creating test environment same as our live CRM3.0 for upgrading CRM4.0. In this process how do I select the Active Directory Information?. Live CRM3.0 is using certian active directory structure , can I point to the same structure when I Redeploy in different server , I am concerned about current AD structure will get modified? and create problem in my production environmnet. Is it possibe I can give different AD list ,Will it still work with my production data on test server?. Or what is the best way to do this. Thanks Natarajan The "Active Directory Structure" I am...

CRM 3.0 Mobile Express development
Hi all, I'm trying to extend CRM 3.0 Mobile Express to reporting activities and create or edit some entities from the field. Now I'm stuck trying to manage the way to show the related products to an oportunity. I understand that in the source code there is'nt any hint about how to do this. I'm trying to add the opportunityproduct to the realated entities without luck. There is the list of things what I've learned: - To navigate throught source code - To show as editable entities in Administrative pages - To make editable these entities in Aplication pages - To add ava...

Excel Charts with attached comments option
It would be good if you could add a comment to a cell and have an option when charting that cell to either show the comment or not. The comment should then be linked to that specific data point. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

OnDraw and CStatic VC 6.0 Only
Sat. July 24, 2004 11:20 PM PT I am deriving my own control from MFC's CStatic. I want to get OnDraw message, inderived control. I properly set the SS_OWNERDRAW to get WM_DRAWITEM message. But my code does not reach to the DrawItem Function. The same code/ class/ control works perfectly in Visual Studio .Net 2003 but not in VC 6.0. Anybody knows what is wrong? Ultimately I just grab WM_PAINT and put the same code in this message handler. Thanks. Lord2702, OnPaint (that is handling WM_PAINT) is the way to go for CStatics. The added benefit is that you don't need to set any flag f...

New CRM Install Error: Access is denied to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\FTData
We are trying to install a new instance of CRM with CRM being installed on a VMWare and SQL server being on a remote normal OS environment and this is the error we received. Any ideas? 13:09:52| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Access is denied to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\FTData', or the path is invalid. Full-text search was not installed properly. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.DatabaseInstaller....

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...