Migrate CRM Data from CRM Server to another CRM Server

we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the
Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a
tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuilding the staging server?

thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Please ignore - looks like Data Migration Framework is the way to go, based
on other posts

"Eve" wrote:

> we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the
> Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a
> tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuilding the staging server?
>
> thanks
yes, use redeployment wizard for this.
--
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Eve" wrote:

> we have a staging and a production CRM server and i'd like to migrate the
> Production server data to the staging server database. Can anyone recommend a
> tool or process that i can that doesn't involve rebuilding the staging server?
>
> thanks

CRM ISV product listing
Hello. I've been a Solomon consultant for 19 years, but new to MS CRM. Is anyone aware of a good listing of ISV products and add-ons for MS CRM? Thanks, Mitch Youngerman Insyte Busines Partners myoungerman@insytebusinesspartners.com Here you go: https://www.greatplains.com/partnersource/documents/Partner MSCRM/crmisvsolutions.htm Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >> Other Microsoft Great Plains Online Forum Resources >-----Original Message----- >Hello. I've been a Solomon consultan...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

Accounting for change in data over time
Please help, I'm having a brain freeze today, and I can't figure out what should be obvious. I have three tables: tblOrgs that holds information about an organization tblContacts that holds information about the peple that work at organizations tblMarketingRecords that hold marketing information about the organizations and the contacts that have been made. I need to account for two things that can change over time: the first is the person's title; the second is their association with the organizaion. In the first case, a person's title was Admin and is now Associate. ...

Copy data from one worksheet to another
Dear All, I've a worksheet contains records belong to "complete" and "incomplete" status. And I need to seperate these records manually into two seperated worksheets "complete" and "incomplete". I just wonder is there any formula to show only records which are "complete" status in a worksheet and "incomplete" in another worksheet ? It's quite clumsy to do the sorting and cut & paste to another worksheet everytime. Any idea? Thanks Best Rdgs Ellis Hi Ellis Three ways Manual Use AutoFilter and copy the visibl...

Abstracting Error Bar Data From Charts
I have a series of charts that I build each day and mail out to multiple recipients. Some of them would like to see the underlying data. Rather than send the data files, I have provided them with a macro to abstract the data from the charts they already receive, and to set the source for the chart to that abstracted data. Fine, except for the error bars. The charts contain custom error bars on one series, and I'd like to abstract those from the charts too. But I can not find the place in the object model where the data is stored. I know that the Chart.SeriesCollection will tell me whethe...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

Change Data from Now() to Date() Format
I've been entering data ( for some time ) in one of my field in a database with the Now() format - eg: 11/26/2007 9:52:0a AM I've now discovered that I should have used the standard date() format - eg: 11/26/2007 This would facilitate my record retrieval in the future. Is there a way to do an update query that will change to format from Now() to Date() without affecting the the contents of the data . Thanks for all your help. Take is easy on the cross posting here. It is considered VERY RUDE to just throw out your question to a GAZILLION newsgroups with the thought that this...

Microsoft CRM media reuse
Hi there, My client has bought 2 sets of Microsoft CRM 3.0 server licenses for Test and Production environments. But they only bought one media kit and i was wondering this media kit and the CD- Key can be re-use for both installations? Or do they need 2 media kits with 2 seperate set of CD - Keys Thanks Kyaw One set is all you need - make sure they are the latest though - check with the trial downl,oads as they are all the same Pete "Kyaw Zay Ya" <kyaw.zayya@completesolutions.co.nz> wrote in message news:uEofFIjKIHA.5580@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi there, &...

crm not moving order to GP
we seem to have problem getting order to come across to great plains all the time. after the order is sent i get the TTL expired and it get lock up... how can i unlock it so i can resend? ...

transpose two rows of data
I have data on two rows and I want to flip them., i.e., I want to move the data in row 1 to row 2 and vice versa. Any way to do this? All I've been able to do is a cut and paste, which is really time-consuming. Thanks in advance for your help! Copy the data, click on a new cell, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Transpose. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have data on two rows and I want to flip them., i.e., I want to move the >data in row 1 to row 2 and vice versa. Any way to do this? All I've been >able to do is a cut and paste, wh...

Problem reinstalling data after computer crash on money 2003
Help. My computer crashed. I have a data backup for Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I reinstall it and it seems to take it, but there is no data or accounts there when I finish. Please help, Larry This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C43D13.F2D4ECD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When you say that you "reinstall it and it seem to take" =3D what = exactly have you done to get to that point? Did you have to reinstall any software following your crash? Did you try cl...

Using the 'onChange' Event to control data entry.
I would like to know if anyone has any significant experience customizing CRM and using the onChange event. I have created a number of custom fields and what I would like to do is have an onChange event that makes some fields unavailable when a certain item is chosen from the dropdown list. Is this at all possible? Cheers, Rob. Rob, Is it possible? Yes. Will it be supported? No. One problem you will run into is how to "trigger" this code when an existing record is displayed. This is where you are going to get into unsupported changes. You will need to modify the page so ...

Look out- server dumping Outlook 2003 emails
My server is dumping Outlook 2003 e-mails before they are finally sent to people on the same e-mail network. Everyone else outside this server can recieve Outlook 2003 e-mails fine, but none on the server can? What's this server doing to me? Have anything to do with Outlook going to unicode? What mailserver are you using? Do you only have an Exchange account configured? Also contact your mail administrator to doublecheck your mailbox settings. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slip...

sender filtering on exchange 2003 server
i setup an exchange 2003 server to retreive it's e-mail from a provider's POP3 server for the time being due to the fact that the MX records haven't been changed yet. Now i enabled senderfiltering on my exchange server and it doesn't seem to work Question: Does this have anything to do with the pop3 mailbox of my provider or is there something else going on alltogether?? -- "Computers are useless, they can only give answers...." .. (Pablo Picasso) Obviously no one knows or nobody wants to help "Rik" wrote: > i setup an exchange 2003 server to re...

Unbind Charts From Data?
I've got an Excel book with two tabs - one tab with a bunch of data and one tab with 6 charts based on that data. I want to export the tab with the charts into a new Excel book, but I basically want the charts to be "snapshots" - not dependant on the source data. Is there any way to do this? -- Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now! Jon Peltier has instructions for delinking chart data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html MDW wrote: > I've got an Excel book with two tabs - one tab with a bunch of data and one > tab wit...

2 Email servers
Hi, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers on one domain, one site. Users' mailboxes are distributed evenly between the two. I need to drop one server for a few hours to fix some hardware. Should I move mailboxes to the other server, or will incoming mail just wait at the other server until its partner is back up? Thanks Steve not sure your config, but this question is really independent of Exchange version, mail will either queue up or be denied depending on your config. If you are taking down your gateway mail server mail will be returned to the sender, if this server is at least one ...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

CRM and Great Plains Basic Installation Instructions for Client
I did a search for installation instructions for CRM and it reported no articles found. Just loading CRM can be a major ordeal with this fix and that fix, and to not have an easy to find detailed instructions is just confounding to me. How about just a basic list on how an installation of CRM and Great Plains on the client system. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

Traspose Column data into Row
Hi, I want to transpose column data in to row. I have seen many posts (using INDEX or OFFSET functions) but all these solution assume a fixed block of data to be transposed, My problem is that the data i have not only has variable blocks to be transposed but also has some duplicate headings(headings are duplicate but the data in front of each heading has different value. Below is the example of data Col A Col B Col C PRODUCT COST COMPONENT COST$ A Raw Mat 10 A D L ...

How do you change OWA to another server?
OWA is working on the exchange server through the website on the Exchange server. First, is it a good thing to have the Web Server for OWA on a different server from the Exchange server? And if so, how do you change it...? charlie On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:20:38 -0500, "charles kuchar" <charliekuchar@news.postalias> wrote: >OWA is working on the exchange server through the website on the Exchange >server. First, is it a good thing to have the Web Server for OWA on a >different server from the Exchange server? And if so, how do you change >it...? charlie ...

CRM not receiving all the E-Mails
Hi all, I have SBS 2003, Exchange 2000. I have reloaded the CRM, which by the way is not best idea when your new to the product, but after doing surgery in the registry and getting the build numbers correct - all worked again. Now i have the problem that not all e-mails are routing thru to the CRM even with the setting "on all incoming mail selected". I was hoping that someone will have a bit of knowledge to share in this regard. Rgds Jefferson Are only a few users reproting this issue? ie is email working for some users but not all?. you need to add an entry in the AD for ea...

Copying existing sheets to another Workbook
I need help copying an existing sheet along with the links on that sheet to another workbook. I have two workbooks, say Workbook1 and Workbook2. They are the same exact workbooks with the same worksheets in them, the same layout. Only the data is different. In workbook 1 I have inserted a sheet that summarizes the data from the other sheets in that workbook. Now I want to copy that sheet to Workbook2 so that I don't have to make a summary page for Workbook2. The problem is that the sheet has links in it and when I copy and/or move the sheet to the new workbook those links are still ...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Server 2003
I am getting an error message while running the database on Server 2003. The error is at the terminals of something to the effect of Cannot Recognize the Database. Some here think it has to do with permissions for the server. Right now we are running the database on computer attached to the network through the server, but that isn't really what we want. Any help? We use Win2003 without any problems. In fact I upgraded one last night to SQL Express. I suppose that the log in and password for the database could be wrong. We use SQL authentication, not windows authentication. C...