Microsoft update KB2416447

I am unable to install the above update, have closed down my antivirus on
norton, to no avail. If you can help please make it very simple.
--
76 yr old computer moron
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Unable to load this update - grateful for any advice.
Many thanks from Brian Gibbs

> On Sunday, October 10, 2010 5:11 AM shallotman wrote:

> I am unable to install the above update, have closed down my antivirus on
> norton, to no avail. If you can help please make it very simple.
> --
> 76 yr old computer moron

0
bwgibbs25 (1)

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

automatic updates now required??
I keep automatic updates turned off. I just went to update site and was not allowed to proceed. I got error 0x8DDD0018. It tells me I have to have Automatic Updates running. Is this now true? Previously I always did my updates manually. XP Service Pack 3 Absolutely not. It is strongly recommended to stop all updates on Windows XP because M$ updates post SP3 are designed to sabotage your system so that you buy Windows 7. If you want to install a specific update, then you need to know the KB # and then go to Microsoft website and search for it. You could use Microsoft Update C...

[quote][/quote]Many friends ask me how to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. I always recommend them Cucusoft DVD to iPhone Converter. It backup  convert almost any type of DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Moreover ,It?s a powerful DVD to iPhone converter with very fast conversion speed. The output also supports full screen viewing.I think it is very useful and easy to use too.So , I recommend this useful software to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Hope it can help you.I download it here: http://www.92download.com/wiki/Cucusoft_DVD...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

combo box to update record via form
I have a combo box that displays the EmployeeID, FirstName, and LastName from the Employee Table. The user is to pick the employee and I want the ID stored in the DataEntry table. The combo box pulls all of the employees from their table via the following query associated with the combo box SELECT tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name], tblEmployeeInformation. [First Name], tblEmployeeInformation.[Employee ID] FROM tblEmployeeInformation ORDER BY tblEmployeeInformation.[Last Name]; I have the bound column for that combo box set to 3 yet the table always updates with the employees last name. How ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

M00
Hi, all When I update stock prices from the Internet, I get two messages: Component Update: The Internet, banking or brokerage server could not process the request. Please try your call later. (SMC) Money was unable to retrieve currency exchange rates for Euro... The stock prices seem to update correctly. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these messages? Cheers - rick ...

Microsoft Promo

Updating workbooks by adding elements of other workbooks?
One of the things that has been a problem in the past is how to transfer improvements in one workbook to a completely different one. The challenge with the current workbook project I'm working on is that unfortunately, I have to maintain two separate books. Though the format is identical, the vlookup tables, I believe that's what they're called, or sheets etc., are drastically different. So much easier if I just had one, but there you are. What happen is that the main sheet needs some major editing sometimes while the rest of the workbook must remain exactly the same. I know th...

Update in Progress Message
When I update my accounts, 4 of them update without an issue but 2 of them never update and always have an Update in Process under the To Review column. I also get an update not Complete in the pop-up status. Does anyone know a way to get past this issue. I did successfully update these accounts once before. One of them is a new account since upgrading and another is one that I merged 2 accounts into. I think maybe these 2 accounts that are not updating are using Yodlee to get access to them versus more of a direct connection through money. I only say this because they were accounts that ...

microsoft XL

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

Microsoft SQL...
We are using W23K Server, Exchange 2003 SP1, Backup Exec 10.0. We purchased the Exchange Agent and are using it. Recently, when the backup runs it skips 22 files, which are in use. These are the files for Microsoft SQL. In a disaster recover scenario where we reinstall W23K, Exchange and restore the Exchange data / mailboxes from tape, do we need to have the SQL backed up or would it be reinstalled with Exchange / Backup Exec? Any advice would be appreciated. THANK YOU in advance! you're running SQL and Exchange on the same box? why is that? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Allan" ...

microsoft money loosing VAT content in split catogory withdrawl
Hi I have money 2000 and file VAT returns with the information it provides. I just discovered that if I have a split catogory withdrawl the VAT component is blank (greyed out) and is not in report. Can any one help with this problem thanks Gary ...

After Update
In my form i have a subform, In the subform I have a check box that when checked needs to multiply the UnitPrice by Expendable and when unchecked the UnitPrice needs to return to original price. As of now this is the AfterUpdate command.. Private Sub Expendable_AfterUpdate() If Me!Expendable = True Then Me!UnitPrice = Nz(Me!UnitPrice, 0) * 1.1 Else Me!UnitPrice = Nz(Me!UnitPrice, 0) / 1.1 End If End Sub I need to change it because sometimes the expandable will be more than 10%. I have added an Expendables field in the main form (Table1). I would think this would be what I am looking f...

Payroll
We have a customer that is interested in Great Plains Payroll, however they are also looking for the solution to handle payroll tax updates for local taxes. They are currently in many states with lots of localities. Is anyone aware of any products that track local taxes that either integrate with Great Plains or could be customized to integrate? Thanks, Rick DeLello Informed Systems, Inc. I am not a payroll person so I very well could be wrong, but I *thought* that the tax updates that Microsoft released included local tax updates. Does it not? Thank you, John "Rick DeLello&...