Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Web Resources: Data (XML) and Style Sheet (XSL)

As I began to dig into the wonderful world of Web Resources in
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, I found some great examples of
Silverlight, HTML, and JScript Web Resources but the examples which
seem to be the most elusive are those dedicated to the use of XSL and
XML.  That is until today!

In this post, I am going to create a very basic example. In this
example I have a static XML document which I want to display in a
dashboard.  The XML document uses a simple XSL style sheet to format
my XML data.  Finally, I include an HTML Web Resource which consumes
both the XML and XSL Web Resources.  Seems like a lot of work?  Well
it can be. Now, it should be noted that this example is specifically
user very basic XML and XSL and one could certainly do a lot more
complex things with both; however, because, there are a lack of any
examples out there (or at least from what I could find), I figured, I
would start basic and build on top of it from there.

For anyone interested, I thought I would forward this link to our blog
at: http://blog.summitgroupsoftware.com/2010/11/microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-web-resources-data-xml-and-style-sheet-xsl-2/
0
jbehl (7)
11/12/2010 5:21:59 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Data Labels #3
I have a bar chart that has actual sales and target sales for eac salesperson. I would like to show the % of actual sales to target sale in a data label. Under Chart Options on the Data Label tab, I see tha there's a box that says Percentage but it is greyed out. Is there a way to show my percentage on the graph? Currently, I hav text boxes with the percentage in it. The problem is that I have t reposition the text boxes all the time and they never quite seem t line up correctly. Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Nan - Calculate your percentages in...

[quote][/quote]Many friends ask me how to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. I always recommend them Cucusoft DVD to iPhone Converter. It backup  convert almost any type of DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Moreover ,It?s a powerful DVD to iPhone converter with very fast conversion speed. The output also supports full screen viewing.I think it is very useful and easy to use too.So , I recommend this useful software to convert DVD to play on Microsoft iPhone Video player. Hope it can help you.I download it here: http://www.92download.com/wiki/Cucusoft_DVD...

CRM process flow..
I understand that the process flow in CRM is Lead to Opportunity then to quotes, orders, invoices.etc.. However i want to override this Process flow and make my process as opportunity to creating contracts once an opportunity is won. My clients are mainly dealing with rental space and therefore there is no concept of order and please note that currently the system is used to create contracts as soon as an opportunity is won. Is there a way to add the functionality of converting the opportunity to contract, Like how a lead is converted to an account ,contact , opportunity.?the same is c...

redirecting to unwanted web sites
I have Windows XP with service pack 2. Am using the latest versions of both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer as web browsers. In the last 10 days when I select web sites to view, the browser redirects to unwanted ad sites automatically. Is there anything I can do to stop this annoyance? best, Aaron You most likely have spyware or other such pest on your computer, you need to run AV/spyware scans on your machine to find these pests and get rid of them. See here for basic information on removing malware: http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Viruses_Malware ...

Property sheets and toolbar
I have a property sheet with 3 pages. One of the pages is "Notes". I would like to have a toolbar that shows buttons like bold, italics etc. but only on this 3 page and I would like to have them inside the tabbed page not at the top of the dialog box. I know that I can use regular buttons for this but is it possible to do a toolbar or should I use a dialogbar and how do I position it so that it shows in the tabbed page. I found the answer. I can use the CToolBarCtrl. "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OQbm12NkDHA.1004@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Macro for sheet delete, very easy
my code is: Sheets("Sheet 1 (2)").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete How can i hace it delete the seleted sheet, not always 'Sheet 1 (2)'? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475211 This code deletes the active sheet, with no prompt for confirmation: Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete ...

Cannot access mine CRM (3.0) Contacts from Outlook 2003 Address Book
I have imported over 700 contacts into CRM (3.0). I have installed the CRM using Outlook 2003 client. When I look in my Address book in the Show names from list, I can see the CRM contacts option but I get an information message. Message reads "The Address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed". What do I need to do to have my CRM contacts accessable from Outlook for addressing mail? ...

how to download office 2003 web components
when I will try to access data analysis page and there is message to download office 2003 web components . but it is downloading to late in network from project server 2007. I want it separately then copy at the team member computer and install there directly . i dont want to download from project server 2007 server . Kindly tell me the location of these components . Sam: A simple Google search would answer this question. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7287252C-402E-4F72-97A5-E0FD290D4B76&displaylang=en -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT,...

Microsoft Promo

Data truncated in text box on form
I have researched the various issues as it relates to truncation of memo fields. I read Allen Browne's fine treatise on the subject. However I am experiencing something I can't quite understand or correct. Here goes. I have a form with a text box control on it. There is a query that runs that populates this text box. The table the query runs against has a field formatted as memo and the data looks fine in there. When I run the query on its own the memo fields appear in their entirety. As a note, within this query I do not use the "Group By" sorting. However, when I loo...

MS CRM 1.2. Mobile
Is it possible to have the new Microsoft CRM 1.2. Mobile (in the available languages: US English and International English) running on a Spanish Microsoft CRM 1.2. installation??? The customer doesn�t care about having labels and so on in English, but is this technically possible????? Thanks, Chus ------=_NextPart_0001_09683BA1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Chus, No, with this first release of CRM Mobile, it will only run on either a US English or International English CRM install. It has not been tested on any of the language versions, so it likely we be...

Outlook Data Files #3
Hi All Can anybody tell me what exactly the Outlook data files do? and what happens if you delete one. Does it automatically reset itself? I somehow ended up with more than one so I have done a backup and cleaned them out by deleting htem. Outlook data files contain all your Outlook data. Clarify the rest of your questions. Read this: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "News" <someone@someone.com> wrote in messa...

Share Point & MS CRM
In notes section, how to attach a document link on the SPS server to the MS CRM? When creating a note It only uses Upload method.. ...

System.NullReferenceException during XML Deserialization
I'm experiencing odd behavior on the part of the XMLSerializer. I'm deserializing an XmlNode. The XmlNode is pass as part of a call to IConfigurationSectionHandler.Create. My XML looks like: <sectionName> <settings> ... ... ... </settings> </sectionName> I have define my class as such: [XmlRoot(Namespace="", IsNullable=false, ElementName="settings")] public class MyAppSettings { .... } I am passing my XmlNode to the XmlSerializer like so: return serializer.Deserialize( new XmlNodeReader( section.ChildNo...

imported data not recognised in formulae
We have a software package from which we can export data (numbers and text) to MS Excel. When i try an run a simple "IF" formula on the imported data, excel always returns a negative result. For example, the imported data cell has content "name00", and i put in a regular IF formula to use this data, it is never recognized as *true*. If i manually re-type the information into the cell then it is picked up - and a *true* result is returned! If i paste special the data into excel i get the option of unicode or text, or i have the choice to export the data directly. None...

Creating a graph based on a chosen group of data
Hi, I have a list of data that contains multiple groups I am trying to create a graph that will show only the group that the user selects from a dropdown box. The data looks like this: Group Item Data A 1 100 A 2 120 A 3 130 B 4 75 B 5 62 B 6 110 The drop down box shows A or B, if the user selects A the graph should show 3 bars named 1, 2 and 3. If the user selects B the graph should show 3 bars named 4,...

microsoft XL

Problem installation CRM 3.0
Hi, While installating CRM 3.0 I get half way through installing and it come up with this error: Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed. Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004415D I have looked through other posts on this but none of the 'workarounds' fix it. I have had a previous installation of which I would like to keep the data for but have uninstallated and am now trying to re-install, I have also removed the license from the dbo.License table. I only had the first installation for one month, so should still have another 2 months left of the trial. Please...