Merging Records Error "The Text Entered Exceeds the Maximum Length

Sometimes when we try to merge 2 accounts in CRM 4.0 we get the error "The
text entered exceeds the maximum length" and the merge does not take place. I
have looked at all my field lengths on the account side and cannot figure out
why I am getting this error.  It never did this with 3.0.  Does anyone know
how to fix this or where I can even go to see what field is bringing this
error?

Tiffani
0
Tiffani (5)
11/21/2008 1:53:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Tiffani,

I assume that records created in 4.0 merge with no problem.  Chances are
that there is a field length from CRM 3.0 that was greater than a field
length in 4.0 'out of the box'.  Try downloading the diag tool and run the
merge again, you should get a more descriptive error message.  Also check
your event viewer and it may point you to the field name that is giving a
problem.  Here is a link to the diag tool.

blogs.msdn.com/benlec/archive/2008/03/04/crmdiagtool4-for-microsoft-crm-4-0-has-been-released.aspx

"Tiffani" wrote:

> Sometimes when we try to merge 2 accounts in CRM 4.0 we get the error "The
> text entered exceeds the maximum length" and the merge does not take place. I
> have looked at all my field lengths on the account side and cannot figure out
> why I am getting this error.  It never did this with 3.0.  Does anyone know
> how to fix this or where I can even go to see what field is bringing this
> error?
>
> Tiffani
0
Donna (199)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

http405 error sending mail from crm web
CRM 1.0 installation has been in production for 2 months, all features functional, email can be sent IN to CRM queues even, but no mail can be sent FROM CRM. It has never worked. Below is the error I receive when attempting to send mail from CRM web. CRM app and its SQL are on one server, mail server on another. Any ideas? Dan dan@vr-inc.com Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 2/9/2004 Time: 4:47:24 PM User: N/A Computer: SIDESHOW Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: Error Message: An unexpected error occurred. Error Det...

Error on contact folder, cannot open win mail anymore
User accidentally did something moving a contact folder from "my documents" or something(he doesn't know exactly) to a pendrive which failed thus deleting it, after that, windows mail does not open anymore, it says "cannot open contacts folder" then returns error 0x800fffff and after clicking OK to that it returns MSOE.dll error. how can i fix this?, there's no backup, no system restore, nothing. i've even installed windows live mail, after more than an hour upgrading, it resturns the same contacts error and crashes. OS is Vista SP2 regards...

Moile sync error
HI I have exchange server 2003 and i have recently installed Sp2. I have a Tri 700w mobie device and i am trying to sync with with my exchange serverbut i am receiving error on my trio error 0x80072f17. I have check all setting on my exchange serve user i am trying to sync is enable for mobile sync pls help me if any one know the solution Thanks TP ...

Outlook has caused an error in unknown
Outlook has caused an error in <unknown> Outlook will now close. This is error message I get when attempting to schedule a task, return an email, or closing a window in outlook. I have run the repair utility and even reinstalled outlook but still have the same problem. My PST file may be corrupt but I need the data on it. Any suggestions? "D Lindsay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<060d01c3a544$65224610$a001280a@phx.gbl>... > Outlook has caused an error in <unknown> Outlook will now > close. This is error m...

No Current Record on form close
I think I know what's causing this but not how to fix it. I have a subform tied to my main form and when I close the main form when the subform has no records, I get a "No Current Record" error (no error number, just the text). When I close my form and the subform has associated records, everything is fine. How can I bypass or prevent this dialog box from appearing when I close a main form with no related records in the subform? Thanks! When you close a form with a SubForm, the MainForm closes 1st and then the SubForm will close. Do you have some code in the OnClose or ...

Outlook Synch errors on one desktop client
Hi, I have tried a bunch of things but I still have one Outlook client that has unknown errors when synching contacts. I have tried the usual uninstall/reinstall of both the desktop client and Outlook itself, deleting address book folders, setting the CRM options to not sync contacts, restart Outlook, delete contacts, then restore the setting to sync contacts, then attempt the sync again. No matter what I do the sync stops after 47 contacts come over to Outlook. The Local Data is set to - Full Name Has Data AND Status is Active. This should bring ALL CRM contacts over to Outlook (~7...

how do I get rid of the error message about IMAP ?
using outlook - it keeps telling me that IMAP issued an unrecognized greeting or that IMAP cannot be found ...

HELP...Problems sending to secondary MX Record
I have recently installed Exchange 2003 and all has gone well apart from one problem. We have a few problems sending to certain email addresses. When i follow this up using SMTPDiag it appears that the primary mx record for the offending email address is inaccessible but the secondary mx record is OK. As far as i can tell, this means that our exchange server is not automatically sending to the secondary mx record, and consequently the email bounces back to the user saying "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified" - Time limits are set to 10 minutes. We used t...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Error in database....

Error Forwarding email
I am having problems forwarding email when there is an attachment with it. Any suggestions?? ...

Word mail merge

Word 2007, Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't creat
We have office 2007 professional installed, some users are getting the following error when opening word 2007 Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't create object. When I re-create windows profile it's works fine, Is any workaround for this, or is any easy way to just re-create offcie 2007 profile ? ...

cannot insert record
I have a database with two related tables and three forms. Each form shows only relevant fields for the user's needs from the two tables. In one of the forms, I cannot add a record. The option is "greyed out" in the drop down from the toolbar, as well as "greyed out" in the bar at the bottom of the only record that I currently have that is showing. I was able to add the data from another form that is working for this database. The data source is a query. The other forms tied to different queries are working fine. I would appreciate any help in locating my p...

Windows Media Player says ERROR: Cannot Find File Setting up sync
When I try to set up the sync for my microsd card, it says Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted. I haven't even selected any files from the library TO sync. I'm just trying to set up the sync for my device! It's done that with BOTH of my micro sd cards, and it's VERY aggravating. Please help. (I have Windows XP basic home edition, and Windows Media Player 11) ...

Errors From Excel: Not Acting Like Strings?
I'm calling a routine that does something like: ------------------------------------------------------------ Dim myResult As Variant myResult = gExcelApp.Run("MDURATION", mySettlementDate, myMaturityDate, theCoupon, theYieldPercent, thePaymentFrequencyID_Excel, theBasisID_Excel ) ------------------------------------------------------------ Works fine most of the time and t...

Average Length of Stay
Column A is Funding Source: "A" or "T" Column B is Days of Stay calculated from check-out date minus check-in date. How to calculate Column C as Average Length of Stay for "A"s? Hi, Try this =sumproduct((A2:A150="A")*(B2:B150))/countif(A2:A150,"A") -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "Georgeb123" <Georgeb123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05EF8838-B3C3-4E5B-B84D-0E96D10BAB6E@microsoft.com... > Column A is Funding Source: "A" or "T"...

Calculating relative record numbers
The following SQL selects 8 records from a table [Judges]. SELECT Judges.[Judge ID], Judges.[Contest ID] FROM Judges WHERE (((Judges.[Contest ID])=30)); I want to add a column that will also display the relative record number as shown below. 78 12 1 23 12 2 44 12 3 53 12 4 and so on. Adding the additional column is not the problem: how to calculate or devise the relative number is the problem any and all help is appreciated Steve S wrote: >The following SQL selects 8 records from a table [Judges]. > >SELECT Judges.[Judge ID], Judges.[Contest ID] >FROM Judges >WHERE ((...

VBA code error 1008 on GP 9.0 HELP!!!!
Here is my Code: Private Sub VendorID_AfterUserChanged() 'Populate the Maintenance Window with current VendorID from PM Trx Entry window VendorMaintenance.VendorID = PayablesTransactionEntry.VendorID (This line is the trouble line) 'Check if VendorID is an EFT If VendorMaintenanceOptions.PaymentPriority = "EFT" Then 'Send an alert to user Response = MsgBox("This Vendor is an EFT Vendor, please place in a separate EFT batch") BatchID.Focus End If 'Close all windows VendorMaintenanceOpt...

paste csv text string
Is there a way to have a string from the cut/paste buffer which is in the form of "ABC, DEF, HIJ" be entered into adjacent cells rather than all the text into one cell? In this case A1 would have "ABC", B1 would have "DEF" and so on. I know I can put the string into a file and name it xxx.csv and open it to ccomplish the task but I'm trying to save some steps. TIA John Keith kd0gd@juno.com John ABC, DEF, HIJ.............what happened to G<g> I would copy and paste then use the Data>Text to Columns Wizard and set a delimiter as comma. Will break i...

close opportunity permission error
I am aware of the issue that users must have permission to 'read' quotes 'write' opportunity and (I think) 'create' Activity in order to be able to close and opportunity (won/lost). I created a new role that has the above permissions and has 'read' access to most other entities (other than misc privileges) Users of that role received an 'insufficient permissions' error when closing opportunites. I modified the role so it has 'organization' level rights to all levels (read, write, delete, append etc) of Opportunity, Activity, and Quote, an...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...