Merged Outlook CRM Contacts

I have been working with my users eliminating duplicated contact entries in
Outlook/CRM. I have been advising the users to Merge the Contact record,
because our sales people don't have the "delete" function available to them.
From CRM this is working wonderful, but once the record has been merged the
Outlook record is no longer tracked in CRM.

Any suggestion or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

r/ Anthony
0
awakin (8)
4/10/2008 2:21:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Embedding outlook elements in a web page
Hi, I am currently doing some development for a corporate portal and I have a couple of questions about embedding outlook in a portlet. The solution I have found is to use the outlook view activex control in the portlet, but this doesnt really give me what I need. What I would like is to have kind of a summary showing emailaddress, number of unread messages in the inbox, number of open tasks, etc for the logged on user. The activex control only gives me the entire view of the inbox, calendar, etc. So, can the outlook view control be used to show a summary, like Outlook Today, on a webpage or ...

Error on contact folder, cannot open win mail anymore
User accidentally did something moving a contact folder from "my documents" or something(he doesn't know exactly) to a pendrive which failed thus deleting it, after that, windows mail does not open anymore, it says "cannot open contacts folder" then returns error 0x800fffff and after clicking OK to that it returns MSOE.dll error. how can i fix this?, there's no backup, no system restore, nothing. i've even installed windows live mail, after more than an hour upgrading, it resturns the same contacts error and crashes. OS is Vista SP2 regards...

http405 error sending mail from crm web
CRM 1.0 installation has been in production for 2 months, all features functional, email can be sent IN to CRM queues even, but no mail can be sent FROM CRM. It has never worked. Below is the error I receive when attempting to send mail from CRM web. CRM app and its SQL are on one server, mail server on another. Any ideas? Dan dan@vr-inc.com Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 2/9/2004 Time: 4:47:24 PM User: N/A Computer: SIDESHOW Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: Error Message: An unexpected error occurred. Error Det...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Outlook 2003 PRF File
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to set-up multiple profiles in a PRF files. We have a document management product that required a second profile in order to interact and so when Outlook is started we would like it to set-up the user profile and this additional profile, so 2 profiles. I know that you can set-up multiple services but we would like to have multiple profiles. Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council Each PRF file can set up only one profile, and Outlook can process only one PRF file per Outlook session. Therefore, you can do this, but it will require ...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Launching outlook plays default sound over and over and
Installed MS Outlook 2002 on my wifes laptop and whenever she opens it, the default sound plays with about a 10 second interval. Tried simply disable the sound and the PC beep goes off over and over. Upgraded to 2003 same exact problem Haven't had any problem on any other machines....anyone have a clue as to the fix for this one? Thank You! Check your rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and ...

Reset Tab Order on Template Contact Detail Form
I have edited the design of the Contacts Detail Template form. How do I reset the tab order to start with the new text boxes I have entered? In Design View I selected all of the text boxes, selected Tab Order, and for the template only "tabContacts appears for the Tab Order rather than the list of text boxes in the tab order. The new items I added are on the list, but in order to make the form work, I had to move them to the top of the form. When I return to form view, select Save and New, the tab goes to my new tab "Category1" then "Category2", then it goes to...

Problems with Outlook 2003 #3
Hi! I have a user that has 2 strange problems with his Outlook 2003 SP2. When replying to an email or writing a new one, he starts typing then goes to use another app and comes back to finish his email. He sends it and the receiver only gets what he typed at first, not the stuff from his second time. Also he gets emails with .GIF attachments that he cannot see. He only sees it when clicking on reply, it appears suddenly as an attachment. Any clues? PMD Pascal M. Dorion <pmdorion@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a user that has 2 strange problems with his Outlook 2003 SP2. &g...

Word mail merge

reading news with outlook
I configured outlook 2003 to read the newsgroups. It worked the first time. Now whenever I select the go/news it opens a folder on my computer C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 I have tried to delete the news thing and reinstall it nada...Anyone know what is going on? Posted here every day, several times. You are not configuring Outlook to read news. You are configuring Outlook to launch Outlook Express to read news. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE pr...

assigning categories to email in outlook 2007
I only get color categories when I right click the category column in my email. How do I get the subject category list to show up? Is this an upgrade version of Office? Did you have a prior versioh of Outlook installed? If yes, then right click on the root of the mailbox, select properties, and then under the General Tab. select the option to "upgrade to color categories." -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 ...

how to block spam in Outlook Express
I am currently getting TONS of emails with subject lines like: Re: Sample, Re: Your Document, Hi, Hello, etc etc. You probably hav seen these insidious little attachments in the hopes you will ope them. It has been only today when I saw a DRASTIC increase into my i box though. Doe the action of going into TOOLS>MESSAGE RULES>MAIL and the creating a "new mail rule" really work though? I listed many keyword in there and this is where my question lies...do I put commas afte each subject line I want to automatically delete? For instance, I typed "photo document" as one ...

Promote email to CRM activities
I found that once clicked "Promote email to CRM activities" from SFO, the email is locked to CRM, even no any input "Regarding" and click File-> Close accidently. How come? any solution to un-promote it? Thanks ...

Outlook 2010
In Outlook 2003 I had one .pst file with all contacts inside, but used 3 email accounts with no automatic rules for mail delivery. I manually put the emails down in it's respective archive.pst files and want it done this way. In Outlook 2010 when using several email accounts, it's automatically established one .pst file for each email account where the respective email drops into. Is there a way to have it all into one "Personal Folder" (the old way)? (I want to send emails were sender account is the only on showing as sender and not any "sent on behalf ...

Outlook problem!!! #2
Hullo folks. When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is absolutely NO text in the box what so ever. And i cannot click anywhere in the box to make my post send. What gives? Best Regards Silver. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:42:22 -1000, Silver <dsl46016@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote: > Hullo folks. > > When i try to answer to group on some topic and then press send i get a > message window where you can say yes, no or cancel, but there is > absolutely > NO text in the box what s...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Outlook 2003 messed up. Help please
Hi To make a long story painful, I have mucked up my Outlook 2003 setup. I don't know how, but now I have ended up with two .pst files. If I delete either, Outlook will not load. Between the two are all my emails, contacts and calendars. Somehow I have managed to have multiple "Personal Folder" entries and a number of differently named folder names where I have been experimenting. My main folder called "Sue's Mail" seems to be receiving mail ok and this is mirrored in the other "Personal Folder" folders. I can not delete the "Personal Folder" ...

What are the Hotmail Options in Outlook 2003?
I have a Win XP box with Office 2003. I use Outlook Connector to pull Hotmail into my Desktop. I tried the POP3 settings that MS recently posted, but that's a mess! It just combines my Hughes and Hotmail messages into one Inbox. I reverted to the normal MAPI account settings, and everything works fine. Will I be able to continue using Outlook Connector after September 1st, or will I be forced to look for another solution? Meshed POP3 accounts is not an option. I did consider moving to Windows Live Mail (Desktop) for all needs, because that program keeps the accounts separate ...

mailto: and outlook express
We have an "href=mailto:" that works fine with Netscape and Eudora, but fails with customers that are using Outlook Express. The link has a number of email addresses in it seperated by commas. IE: <a href="Jim Jones <jj@aol.com>, Jimmy Carter <jimcart@aol.com>, Me Too <meto@aol.com">click here to send these customers emails</a> When the email program pops up, all the names are in the TO: field as they should be except if the customer is using Outlook Express, in which case it loses all the email addresses except the first one. Does anyone know...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Attachment in Outlook 2002
Hi I have a new DELL Inspiron 510m with Windows XP and Office XP. I have applied all patches based on Windows update and Office update. When I try to attach a file in a mail I receive an error message: Out of memory or system resources. Close some .... I have reinstalled the maschine, I have tried Office 2003 but the same error appears. Thanks for any suggestions Regards PK With Word or Outlook as the editor? Does it also happen when you start Outlook with the /safe command line switch? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signature...

Incompatible Version of Microsoft CRM Client Found
i install CRM 3.0 befor i have crm 1.2 but i can't unistall i have Delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient Try to install the CRM 3.0 Client again show error Incompatible Version of Microsoft CRM Client Found Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2003 on New PC
My old PC has Outlook 2003 and my NEW PC has Outlook 2003. I want to import/migrate my emails and addresses from the OLD PC to the NEW PC. The import options assume you are using older versions of email applications so I have had no success. Copy pst to hd,ensure read only off, then open in OL "John" <jcarruthers@terrasolutionsonline.com> wrote in message news:5e0c01c491fd$e52c36d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My old PC has Outlook 2003 and my NEW PC has Outlook > 2003. I want to import/migrate my emails and addresses > from the OLD PC to the NEW PC. > The import ...