Menu problem after installing Outlook Client

We are using CRM 3.0 and after installing CRM Desktop Client for Outlook the
users with System Administrator rights cannot access settings and
customization pages. The link (settings) at the left menu has been
disappeared and the link from Goto (--Settings) does not respond.
If we uninstall the Outlook Client everything works fine!
Can you help?

Note: We have installed SP2 for Office and the IE settings have their
default values...

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Anthi,

This is a known issue. When you have the outlook client open, you will not
see the settings menu option in the webclient.

Also the service calendar has probably dissapeared?

I do not know what the status of this issue is with Microsoft.

You can resolve the by closing Outlook before opening the webclient.

Regards,

Erik van Hoof
CWR Mobility
"Anthi" <Anthi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using CRM 3.0 and after installing CRM Desktop Client for Outlook
> the
> users with System Administrator rights cannot access settings and
> customization pages. The link (settings) at the left menu has been
> disappeared and the link from Goto (--Settings) does not respond.
> If we uninstall the Outlook Client everything works fine!
> Can you help?
>
> Note: We have installed SP2 for Office and the IE settings have their
> default values...

0
Erik
11/29/2005 1:39:52 PM
Thanks Erik.
I didn't know it. By closing Outlook it works just fine...

Regards,

"Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" wrote:

> Anthi,
>
> This is a known issue. When you have the outlook client open, you will not
> see the settings menu option in the webclient.
>
> Also the service calendar has probably dissapeared?
>
> I do not know what the status of this issue is with Microsoft.
>
> You can resolve the by closing Outlook before opening the webclient.
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility
> "Anthi" <Anthi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are using CRM 3.0 and after installing CRM Desktop Client for Outlook
> > the
> > users with System Administrator rights cannot access settings and
> > customization pages. The link (settings) at the left menu has been
> > disappeared and the link from Goto (--Settings) does not respond.
> > If we uninstall the Outlook Client everything works fine!
> > Can you help?
> >
> > Note: We have installed SP2 for Office and the IE settings have their
> > default values...

It looks like the custom menu items configured in isv.config file are not
loaded either in web UI if Outlook is open...

"Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" <vanhoof@cwrmobility.nl> wrote in message
> Anthi,
>
> This is a known issue. When you have the outlook client open, you will not
> see the settings menu option in the webclient.
>
> Also the service calendar has probably dissapeared?
>
> I do not know what the status of this issue is with Microsoft.
>
> You can resolve the by closing Outlook before opening the webclient.
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility
> "Anthi" <Anthi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We are using CRM 3.0 and after installing CRM Desktop Client for Outlook
>> the
>> users with System Administrator rights cannot access settings and
>> customization pages. The link (settings) at the left menu has been
>> disappeared and the link from Goto (--Settings) does not respond.
>> If we uninstall the Outlook Client everything works fine!
>> Can you help?
>>
>> Note: We have installed SP2 for Office and the IE settings have their
>> default values...

0
Oakley2500
11/29/2005 8:56:48 PM
Correct,

It looks like it only shows those items that are also visible in the Outlook
client.

Regards,

Erik

"Oakley2500" <tuomasfla@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It looks like the custom menu items configured in isv.config file are not
> loaded either in web UI if Outlook is open...
>

> "Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" <vanhoof@cwrmobility.nl> wrote in message
>> Anthi,
>>
>> This is a known issue. When you have the outlook client open, you will
>> not see the settings menu option in the webclient.
>>
>> Also the service calendar has probably dissapeared?
>>
>> I do not know what the status of this issue is with Microsoft.
>>
>> You can resolve the by closing Outlook before opening the webclient.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Erik van Hoof
>> CWR Mobility
>> "Anthi" <Anthi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> We are using CRM 3.0 and after installing CRM Desktop Client for Outlook
>>> the
>>> users with System Administrator rights cannot access settings and
>>> customization pages. The link (settings) at the left menu has been
>>> disappeared and the link from Goto (--Settings) does not respond.
>>> If we uninstall the Outlook Client everything works fine!
>>> Can you help?
>>>
>>> Note: We have installed SP2 for Office and the IE settings have their
>>> default values...

0
Erik
11/29/2005 10:51:26 PM
This is "By design" and is not a bug.  The ettings are not available when
the Outlook client is open.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

Correct,

It looks like it only shows those items that are also visible in the Outlook
client.

Regards,

Erik

"Oakley2500" <tuomasfla@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It looks like the custom menu items configured in isv.config file are not
> loaded either in web UI if Outlook is open...
>

> "Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" <vanhoof@cwrmobility.nl> wrote in message
>> Anthi,
>>
>> This is a known issue. When you have the outlook client open, you will
>> not see the settings menu option in the webclient.
>>
>> Also the service calendar has probably dissapeared?
>>
>> I do not know what the status of this issue is with Microsoft.
>>
>> You can resolve the by closing Outlook before opening the webclient.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Erik van Hoof
>> CWR Mobility
>> "Anthi" <Anthi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> We are using CRM 3.0 and after installing CRM Desktop Client for Outlook
>>> the
>>> users with System Administrator rights cannot access settings and
>>> customization pages. The link (settings) at the left menu has been
>>> disappeared and the link from Goto (--Settings) does not respond.
>>> If we uninstall the Outlook Client everything works fine!
>>> Can you help?
>>>
>>> Note: We have installed SP2 for Office and the IE settings have their
>>> default values...

0
Matt
11/30/2005 3:51:14 AM
Vote against the "feature" of the Outlook Client disabling administrative
functions!

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.crm&mid=7f135101-4716-462d-ba20-310370a25fb8

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> This is "By design" and is not a bug.  The ettings are not available when
> the Outlook client is open.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" <vanhoof@cwrmobility.nl> wrote in message
> Correct,
>
> It looks like it only shows those items that are also visible in the Outlook
> client.
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik
>
> "Oakley2500" <tuomasfla@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > It looks like the custom menu items configured in isv.config file are not
> > loaded either in web UI if Outlook is open...
> >

> > "Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" <vanhoof@cwrmobility.nl> wrote in message
> >> Anthi,
> >>
> >> This is a known issue. When you have the outlook client open, you will
> >> not see the settings menu option in the webclient.
> >>
> >> Also the service calendar has probably dissapeared?
> >>
> >> I do not know what the status of this issue is with Microsoft.
> >>
> >> You can resolve the by closing Outlook before opening the webclient.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Erik van Hoof
> >> CWR Mobility
> >> "Anthi" <Anthi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Can DPM 2010 be installed on a Hyper-V guest?
Can DPM 2010 be installed on a Hyper-V guest running Windows Server 2008? If yes - what kind of hard disks are supported? Yes, you can. You can use pass-through disks for storage. -- This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "Torben" <Torben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007E1AE0-F614-4F39-8228-4CD87C6ED424@microsoft.com... > Can DPM 2010 be installed on a Hyper-V guest running Windows Server 2008? > > If yes - what kind of hard disks are supported? Thank you. But according to - http://...

SMTP problem #4
Does this section of our SMTP log look like its getting rejected by our mail server or theirs? MAIL - FROM:<user@ourdomain.org>+SIZE=7395 0 0 4 0 297 SMTP - - - - 2005-09-06 13:56:39 168.215.134.2 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 OurMailServer - 25 - - 250+Requested+mail+action+okay,+completed 0 0 41 0 375 SMTP - - - - 2005-09-06 13:56:39 168.215.134.2 OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 OurMailServer - 25 RCPT - TO:<AutomatedMailbox@TheirDomain.com> 0 0 4 0 375 SMTP - - - - 2005-09-06 13:56:39 168.215.134.2 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 OurMailServer - 25 - - 452+Request...

Menu
The Menu bar (File,Edit,View,etc ) disappeared from our OL. How do we get it back please. Trying Tools\Customize does not seem to do it since the Built in menu option as missing from there. Office 2003 Pro with SP1. -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. Problem solved with Repair -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:O1xL0w7LFHA.2888@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > The Menu bar (File,Edit,View,etc ) disappeared from our OL. How do we get > it back please. T...

I wanna see all gmail messeges (even spam) with outlook Options
Hello. I use gmail service and 'Google Apps' at my work. For me, the google's spam policy and filtering spam is good. But at my work, some people (someone like in marketing part) want to see all the mail through the outlook, even though those are spam. But in gmail or google apps service, there is no setting option for spam filtering, just be 'no spam messege' button. Even if the google spam filtering machine is best of the world, it can not be a man. Hello. GOOGLE PEOPLE~ Is there any answer for my suggestion?? Patrick J. <knightjbs@gmail.com> wrote: > Eve...

Steganography MFC program problem...
Hi all, I am trying to understand this piece of code. It is generating few errors.. Well i have commented the section where i get the exception about i is not defined. Whereas i is defined. But it keeps on giving me this error. If i define i of for loop ..still i get the same error. And also i dont understand what this statement" message_file.open("message.steg",ios::out|ios::binary);" is doing. I know its to open the file ..But there is no file by this name anywhere. So is it created itself to store the message that i type in or wt.... Any help would be highly appreciated...

Default From address in Outlook and Exchange 2007
Hello, I am using Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007, and I have Send As permission on a few e-mail accounts. Can I set one of them as the default for my From field in new messages? I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Word 2007, sending a newsletter so it appears to come from my general-access address. If I set a default From in Outlook, I'm sure the merge will use it. With POP/ IMAP, I could change my name in Account Settings, but I can't find that with MAPI on Exchange. Any ideas? Thanks. you need to log into that mailbox if you want to use it for the from address in a mail me...

Problem with serializing multiple collections with a base class #2
I have the following code. When I serialize the DriverCollection I would like to get both the Driver Collection and the DeletedItems collection. I end up with only the Driver collection. I have tried numerous attributes with no success. Any help would be appreciated... using System; using System.IO; using System.Text; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Serialization; using System.Runtime.Serialization; using System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary; using System.Collections; namespace SerialTest { #region BusinessObjectBase /// Summary description for BusinessObjectBase...

outlook 2000
I have created a rule that does the following checks inbox for any new message with specific text forwards those messages to a specific email address moves those messages from inbox to an existing folder in outlook This seems to work like a champ when I click 'run now' but the rule is not 'triggered' or does not automatically execute when new mail enters inbox. running windows XP professional SP2 Outlook 2000 SP3 Have 'googled' and still don't have any fix Anyone? I have also notced that if the new inbound email is coming via the internet, the rule works...

tiral problem/ cannot start due to enrypt problem
I DL'd the '04 trial, and installed fine. upon starting, it is giving me the message of not being able to start because it can't encrypt at the required level. I have 128 cypher strength installed, and reinstalled. any help here? thanks. ...

problem with GetChunk in windowsXP
Hi, I have a program using ADO with access database. It works quite smoothly in win2000, but in windows XP, there is serious problems, I use the following lines to get the buf from my db and it gives run time error. _variant_t varChunk; varChunk = MeasureDB->m_pRs->Fields->Item["Points"]->GetChunk(ChunkSize); COleVariant s1(varChunk); CString s2=s1.bstrVal; // this line gives exception error Thanks for any hints, Behzad ...

Logical Statement on a SwitchBoard Menu.
Is it possible to use a logical statement before open an switchboard menu. Example: Check if user is authorized to access that switchboard menu. Thank Ileana Yes but you would have to do that as part of the switchboard form not any part of the switchboard itself. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "iholder" <iholder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD4B318-845E-481E-B719-20D00B7190CE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to use a logical statement before open an switc...

Vlookup problem
we are getting a wording of (#REF!) insteadd of getting the description of the feild even though there a text data in the refrenced field ex:=VLOOKUP(B10,'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My \[calling_.XLS]Customers'!$A$1:$D$58,5,FALSE) Also we have 2 times the same name in column a ex row a1; has data "Joe" row a21; has data "Joe" from were will all data filled if were going to enter in cell b10 =CONCATENATE([calling_.XLS]Customers!$A$21) I'm guessing you have something in your vlookup that includes some concatenation. Can you show the expressio...

Problem in adding new menu item to existing menu in GP
I want to add new form in Tools->Setup->Sales->new form. My GP version is 9.0 I had created procedure in which i am using AddCommandToMenu function to add menu. Status = AddCommandToMenu(DYNAMICS, resourceid(form Command_Sales), resourceid(command CL_Sales_Setup of form Command_Sales), Seq, CMD_BUILTINCMD_DICTID, resourceid(form Command_IOP), resourceid(command Cmd_IOP of form Command_IOP), true, MENULOAD_TOTABLE); Is it right way to add new menu item under existing GP menu or any other way to add menu item? I had tried also other way : menu_tag = Command_GetTag(command CL_...

Course 8018a CRM
Working through course 8081a and I am unable to use internet explorer on the client machine (winXP) to reach MS CRM located on a SBS 2003 box. There are no error messages. I simply put http://crm and in a few seconds IE6 disappears and that is it. Anyone have any suggestions. CRM is loaded on a SBS2003 Premium addition machine. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Reuben Exist any pop up blocker installed on the machine? Hope this helps. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Reuben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:1e28101c45559$8...

Multiple outlook.exe instances in my Task Manager
Hi All... I'm running Office 2003 and Windows XP SP2. It seems I end up w/ multiple (2-3 instances) "outlook.exe" entries in my task manager, which I need to End Task to get to close. Any ideas? Thx! John -- John in SoCal close5828@mypacks.net Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins t...

Assigning values to a Validation Menu
I'm trying to do this thing on Excel where I have a list of values tha are being summed at the bottom of the page. Thats not a problem. Th problem I'm having is that one of the cells is a pull down lis (Validation) and I need to set it up so each of the choices (eg. A-1 B-2,...) has a specific value associated with it that will be added i with the rest of the sum. Anyone know how I can do this -- AlwaysAAnge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlwaysAAngel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2728 View this...

Moving Contact Menu Items on the ISV file
I need help configuring the isv.config file to change the order of menu items on the contacts screen. I've seen the posts on how it remove items but I can't seem to move items on the menu. Thanks, Scott ...

outlook Crashes upon start up?
HI, i get this message when i try to open outlook: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2416 ModName: msouplug.dll ModVer: 2004.1.0.147 Offset: 00016d58 Anyone got any ideas? i've tried removing and reinstalling, installing over, repairing but nothing seems to work. Thanks Danh "Danh" <maninwhitecoat@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<896201c3e95f$775af340$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > HI, i get this message when i try to open outlook: > > AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2416 > ModName: msouplug.dll > ModVer: 2004.1.0.147 Offset: 00016d58 >...

Unable to use the back/forward buttons in the OPEN menu
I recently upgraded to Excel 2007 and Windows 7. Previously I was able to ask the program to 'open' and then go back/forward through the folders to get to the next location as needed. Now I have to start over every time. The back and forward buttons are alway gray and the address bar is blank if I try to pull it down. Getting tired of having to use the Nav panel and start over every time.... Any ideas? Thanks! ...

MSDE Installation Problem 03-14-06
While installing CRM Outlook Client for laptop on a user's laptop I got the following error with the CRM System Requirements checklist and I can not contiue the installation. MSDE Service Pack 4 is required When we confirm install, the installation begins, however half way through the install the install fails with the message "user cancelled installation". We did not cancel this action! We have re-tried several times, same error message appears. I am getting the same problem- haven't found a solution so far. "Christine" wrote: > While installing CRM...

outlook error #33
error occurred while checking spelling.shared component is configured incorrectly.im told to run set up again. will i erased all my information from the outlook '97. this happens when i perform a spellig check. .. ...

My Save As menu is not working
Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. How can I fix this problem Hi, right-click the menubar select Customise from list >> Toolbars click Standard click Reset Button ok - Mark >-----Original Message----- >Save As under the file menu in Excel is "grayed out" so I cannot select it. >How can I fix this problem >. > ...

Outlook Settings
Hi, I have configured my Email Account in MS Outlook as POP3 . now daily when i start outlook in POP3 server it shows localhost insted of IP of POP3 server.My username also changes . Anybody pls tell me the solution. I have checked there is no any virus on PC. Regards, Abhi pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhishek pandey) wrote: >Hi, > >I have configured my Email Account in MS Outlook as POP3 . now daily >when i start outlook in POP3 server it shows localhost insted of IP of >POP3 server.My username also changes . >Anybody pls tell me the solution. >I have checked there...

download statement problem
after I installed XP sp2, I can no longer download the ofx file. I would see the save file window flash by but it won't stay open. does anyone know what internet setting that might have been changed and is causing this problem? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >after I installed XP sp2, I can no longer download the >ofx file. I would see the save file window flash by but >it won't stay open. does anyone know what internet >setting that might have been changed and is causing this >problem? > >Thanks! >. >Clear your temporary internet files...

Problem with IMF and Safe sender list
I don't know where can I create a Safe sender list that affect to all the users in the Exchange Organization ? Could you help me ? Thanks in advance Safe Sender list at the mailbox level does not operate at the SCL threshold set at the Gateway level. Safe Sender is only applicable to the mailbox SCL threshold. The link from the document provided by Microsoft states the following. http://www.nemx.com/products/powertools/ExchangeIMF.asp =====From the Microsoft Exchange IMF Deployment Guide===== "An administrator sets two thresholds that determine ho...