Matching Imported values with picklist values

For the sake of standardized input, I have changed the
State field in Leads, Accounts, and Contacts to be a
picklist instead of the standard text field.  However,
when I try to import a lead, the state values that I am
importing aren't being recognized as the same characters
as what's in the picklist.  Is there a way to have the
picklist match on character instead of numeric value on
import?

Erin
0
Erin
10/4/2004 8:43:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

During import you should have a translation step come up
that will match source data to CRM value.  This screen is
three or four into the wizard.

Good luck!

0
kat

Matching function or no match
I am using this formula to compare 2 list to see which numbers are not included in both column A and Col C. The formula I am using below pulls out the ones that i do have a match . Is there another function that I could use that would only pull out the ones that there is not a match? =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),"",A1) Thanks Uh =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$5,0)),A1,"") -- HTH Bob "Donna" <donna@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE688A2B-3D42-45A0-AA3F-B65034C685E1@microsoft.com... > > I am using this for...

Client E-Mail and Web E-Mail not matching
I've got a few complaints from about 4 users where e-mail they see in their Outlook Client is not showing up in their Outlook Web Client when they check their e-mail from a remote location. We're using Exchange 2003 with SP2 installed and all the users have Office Outlook 2003 with SP1 Installed also. This seems to only have been a problem since we upgraded to Exchange SP2 two weeks ago. (Although I can't confirm it, but I wasn't told of any problems before th upgrade.) We had to upgrade to SP2 because of the 16 Gig limit so rollback is not an option. Best as I can t...

tab files import into excel
I have a mailing form on my website, it produces a TAB file of just plain text. I want to import that tab file ( or txt file, it can be either or) into excel. This mailing form has about 10 columns (first name, last name, address, etc....) and everytime I input/import the tab/txt file, it imports it to excel fine, but I want to know how I can get each persons data, to go into a new ROW. Currently all the data is posted in one massive row, so I have to cut and paste that persons data and create a new row....a pretty lengthy process. Is there anyway to speed up this process? craig Craig, Yo...

Matching cells #3
Here's my spreadsheet: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 6 4 5 10 5 8 11 6 9 7 10 8 9 10 11 12 13 How do I get the matching numbers on the same rows, like: A B C 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 11 11 12 13 13 I would just re-create the columns. 1. Copy column A into D. 2. In E1 put: =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,$A1),$A1,"") 3. Copy it over to F1 and then down as far as needed. 4. Select columns D thru F, copy them, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Value. Press OK. 5. Delete column A thru C. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA &g...

Cannot edit an imported Access table
I just imported data from an excel table into an access 2002 database. I cannot, however, edit the table (ie. delete a record, add a primary key, etc.) Why? Carl, Did you 'link' the data or import it from an Excelfile. What steps did you take.. -- Maurice Ausum "Carl Gross" wrote: > I just imported data from an excel table into an access 2002 database. I > cannot, however, edit the table (ie. delete a record, add a primary key, > etc.) > > Why? I imported it. I tried importing direct from a Paradox table. I also tried exporting the Paradox ta...

Error when importing VBA customizations
On some Windows XP SP2 workstations, when I import a customization/form with VBA, the Windows installer for Microsoft Office XP starts up saying "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professional", and after a few seconds, I get a Dynamics.exe crash (Dexterity Runtime--send error report/don't send options). The only thing that appears to cause this is if I install GP before installing Office, but now that it's too late for that (I tried uninstalling both programs, running a registry cleaner, and then reinstalling but that didn't help) does anyo...

Lookup Formula: Return 1st match, then 2nd match, then 3rd match
I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following. Tab 1. Col A=Name. Col B = Task. A B Bob Reconcile Cash Tim Do Sales Report Bob Create presentation Tim Prepare financial statements Bob Hire staff person Now on tab two, I want to create another list that pulls all the tasks together by person. For example, Tab 2 would look like this: Bob Reconcile Cash Bob Create presentation Bob Hire staff person Tim Do Sales Report Tim Prepare financial statement. I realize I can just sor...

How do I subscribe/import to external published/shared calendar?
Vista's Calendar could do this, but I can't see such an option in WMLD. since I'm on Windows 7, which doesn't have Calendar application (besides WMLD's), then should I go for Mozilla's Sunbird? Calendar subscription for WLM is only available when using a Live ID to logon to Windows Live Mail. Subscribing can only be done in the web interface at Calendar.live.com (sign on with that same Live ID) All Hotmail type accounts are Live ID's(hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com). Third party email address can be registered as a Live ID enabling the ability for Liv...

Index Match Functions
Has anyone ever combined the Index and Match functions to do lookups? ...

How do I import large data files?
When I try to import a data file with more rows than Excel, the text box says I can import the rest by re-importing the file and excluding the lines already imported. The Import Wizard doesn't seem to give me this option... suggestions? Hi Russell Maybe http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596 XL: Importing Text Files Larger Than ???? Rows -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Russell Seguin" <Russell Seguin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:184036AB-8922-4EAA-85B6-05FAB3E577F5@microsoft.com... > When I try to...

Not matching transactions
I have it set to not automatically do anything. I've tried resetting the account quite a few times with the help of technicians, but it's too long and involved, and I'm tired of rebalancing the account every time. I have 3 accounts, 1 works without passport and does fine. One of the others I can manually download from the web site, and have no problems doing it like so and decided this is the best way, prior tries it wouldn't work with passport. But the other still insists they are new transactions, and I can't download from their site directly. They only allow...

data in row didnt match import type 12-30-05
while importing almost 800 accounts , i got the following error for majority of accounts 'Data in row did not match the import type' what is the solution? How can i match it? whats is the way of comparision? It looks like a data problem. You need to check if all dates are correct (and filled), if numbers are numbers (not letters), etc... Regards, -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Aam" <Aam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C51E8ED0-443D-4B35-B436-0A9EDB09B419@microsoft.com... > while impo...

Unable to import a pst file
I exported a pst file. Rebuilt the laptop. I then tried to import the pst file but got the "Properties for this Information Service must be defined prior to use." followed by the error message "...You do not have the permissions ..." I have made sure that the file is not read only but I still get the error. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Make sure the file is not marked as read only and that you have read/write permissions on it. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP C...

Important Question
I've necessity to compile my console project in Visual C++ 2005 Express, but i need passing some command line parameters (ex. "-n",ecc) when i launch my prog.So i execute the prog from console prompt exiting visual studio enviroment,but i would like to know how i con execute my prog within Visual C++ Express passing it the same parameters like i do with command prompt...what' the solution? right click project name on explorer window and put your stuff in yourProject Property Pages/Configuration Properties/Debugging/Command Arguments -- ====== Arman "marcomb&...

How do I find imported data from an Excel file to my contact file
Maybe sort the list by creation time (eventually you need to add the field). If the last you made is importing, then they have newest creation times. Thomas Quester www.olfolders.de "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C001405B-EF98-4AFD-8C0F-32EDEB4E9552@microsoft.com... > Gary <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> When you ask a question, include enough information to provide people with the ability to diagnose the problem. Include the version of Outlook, exactly what you've done, what symptoms you se...

if value is greater than # * by 20% if less * by 40
if price is higher than 30 dollars markup by 20% if less than 30$ markup by 40% Try this: For A1: (a price) The marked up price B1: =A1*IF(A1>30,1.2,1.4) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "sypher" wrote: > if price is higher than 30 dollars markup by 20% if less than 30$ markup by 40% ...

Manually matching transactions
Hi, I'm new to Money 2007 so maybe this is an easy question but I don't find an answer after searching help and recent posts. I have setup a checking account and a bill for Tuition. My transactions are automatically downloaded to my checking account. One of these transactions was my Tuition payment, but the bill still shows as being past due. Can't I simply mark that transaction as being a Tuition payment somehow? I'm sure I could record payment from the bill with the same info as that transaction has then delete the downloaded transaction that wasn't associated ...

This forum does have value!
As year end approaches and I am considering upgrading to Money 2005, I found the message traffic extremely valuable. After this summers fiasco with the update to MSN Money locking us out of our local data file, I thought, or was hoping M$ would make an extra effort to make sure that Money 2005 was a significant improvement and without the assorted problems that I have found posted here. Some still unresolved. I have made my decision and I do not care how much work it is going to take me, bt I am going back to Quicken after giving Money a two year trial. This program is just not ready f...

How does MATCH handle a Non-Match?
I would like a steer on how the MATCH Worksheetfunction behaves if it doesn't find an exact match of values in the array it is searching. I am looking through a series of Dates and instead of picking the nearest one - which I need and seems most obvious - it seems to pick the previous one. I.E. - Searching for 14 Oct 2005 In a list which contains (among others) 15 Sep 2005 16 Oct 2005 And it picks the 15 Sep row! PS. Cell values are actually 14/10/2005 but formatted as above. In Excel's Help for the MATCH function, it describes how the values are returned. Chris wrote: > I w...

Index, Match, Min and Max question
I'm trying to retrieve a date (in column A) that corresponds with a Min and Max amount (in columns B:D). Basically I need to know when my amounts hit their Highs and Lows. Can someone help me with this please? Thanks, Maria Dates in column A; values in B Then =INDEX(A1:A9,MATCH(MAX(B1:B9),B1:B9,0)) Returns the date corresponding the max value in B Is this what was needed? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <mgriffiths@klmtel.net> wrote in message news:1194464476.732636.234500@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... >...

Scatter chart without numerical values
For some time now, when I create a scatter chart from tabulated (numerical) data, the chart does not display the x/y values, but the serquence numbers instead. This is similar to a bar chart, but should'nt happen with a scatter chart. The scatter charts have worked ok in the past. I'm using Excel 2000 in a company office environment where I have little control over the Excel installation/set-up. -- Regards Fred Are you really making an XY chart? If you make a Line chart with two numeric columns AND the first row have labels, Excel thinks both columns are y-data and uses 1,2,3...

version matching
Do both people have to have the same version of Outlook running in order for Tasks and Appointments to sync up properly when emailed between clients? I'm seeing some irregularities between someone running Outlook in Office 2000 and mine which is part of Office 2003. Appointments with reminders sent from Office 2002 or later will show up as text in Outlook 2000 unless a hotfix is applied to the Outlook 2000 installation. Besides this issue, I am not aware of any others except for ..pst file type incompatibilities, easily solved on the 2003 side. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

crm customizations importing
I am attempting to import my customizations.xml file from test server to production (both CRM 3.0) I get the error "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid customization file." Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

importing PST file
I exported all my outlook to a pst file before my system crashed. I am having difficulty in importing the pst file. When I follow the instruction an error message come that the file has no rule. Can someone guide me though the process As stated here frequently Export / Import is not the way to transfer outlook data. Where is the pst file located? How are you trying to 'recover' this data file? "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F84899B-4F48-46A3-910B-5DE93FF38384@microsoft.com... >I exported all my outlook to a pst fi...

missing folders! can't import archive.pst file!
help! i made an archive.pst file to back up my folders. then i moved my personal folders from under the "outlook today" folder to under a new "personal folders" folder. they were there. it was fine. then i closed and re- started outlook, and they were gone! and i tried to view and/or import the archive.pst file, but it didn't work! help! -marie What happens if you search for the .pst file after enabling searching hidden and system folders? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching goo...