Mappings link error

When clicking on mappings for any entity, I am receiving this error:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown

The task manager shows a memory Commit Charge:  4203M/5970M.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rick M.

0
RickM (31)
6/2/2008 8:45:20 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Second quick points, I'd check the amount of availible disk space, and also
look in the Event Log to see if this provides any further informatioin.

If your still having trouble with the issue - post the entry from the Event
Log onto the board and we should be able to determine what is causing the
problem.

--
Kind Regards, Paul McQuillan.
CRM Consultant

"Rick M" wrote:

> When clicking on mappings for any entity, I am receiving this error:
>
> Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown
>
> The task manager shows a memory Commit Charge:  4203M/5970M.
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick M.

0
PaulM (17)
6/3/2008 3:39:00 PM
Here is the error from the event log:

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category:	Web Event
Event ID:	1310
Date:		6/3/2008
Time:		12:09:28 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	SWCRM01
Event code: 3008
Event message: A configuration error has occurred.
Event time: 6/3/2008 12:09:28 PM
Event time (UTC): 6/3/2008 4:09:28 PM
Event ID: b09e702db3294140a831c5191c3a8a48
Event sequence: 128364
Event occurrence: 13
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/259463726/ROOT-1-128568984885742152
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\
    Machine name: SWCRM01

Process information:
    Process ID: 4968
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
    Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException
    Exception message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was
thrown.

Request information:
    Request URL:
http://swcrm01/SchoolWires/Tools/SystemCustomization/Relationships/mappings/mappingList.aspx?mappingId=13b2493D490-C6D3-DB11-899C-0015C5F191CC13d
    Request path:
/SchoolWires/Tools/SystemCustomization/Relationships/mappings/mappingList.aspx
    User host address: 10.151.0.27
    User: SCHOOLWIRES\crmadmin
    Is authenticated: True
    Authentication Type: Negotiate
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 10
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Is impersonating: True
    Stack trace:    at
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String
assemblyName, Boolean starDirective)
   at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo
ai)
   at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig)
   at
System.Web.Compilation.WebDirectoryBatchCompiler..ctor(VirtualDirectory vdir)
   at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectoryInternal(VirtualDirectory vdir, Boolean ignoreErrors)
   at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectory(VirtualDirectory
vdir, VirtualPath virtualDir, Boolean ignoreErrors)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
   at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)
   at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext
context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp,
Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
   at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath
virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
   at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean
allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
   at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context,
String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
   at
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext
context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
   at
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

Custom event details:

-Rick M.

"Paul M" wrote:

> Second quick points, I'd check the amount of availible disk space, and also
> look in the Event Log to see if this provides any further informatioin.
>
> If your still having trouble with the issue - post the entry from the Event
> Log onto the board and we should be able to determine what is causing the
> problem.
>
> --
> Kind Regards, Paul McQuillan.
> CRM Consultant
>

> "Rick M" wrote:
>
> > When clicking on mappings for any entity, I am receiving this error:
> >
> > Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown
> >
> > The task manager shows a memory Commit Charge:  4203M/5970M.
> >
> > Any help on this would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Rick M.

0
RickM (31)
6/3/2008 4:14:01 PM
And, yes, there is plenty of disc space.

-Rick M.

"Rick M" wrote:

> [...]
> completedSynchronously)
>

> Custom event details:

> -Rick M.
>
> "Paul M" wrote:
>
> > Second quick points, I'd check the amount of availible disk space, and also
> > look in the Event Log to see if this provides any further informatioin.
> >
> > If your still having trouble with the issue - post the entry from the Event
> > Log onto the board and we should be able to determine what is causing the
> > problem.
> >
> > --
> > Kind Regards, Paul McQuillan.
> > CRM Consultant
> >

> > "Rick M" wrote:
> >
> > > When clicking on mappings for any entity, I am receiving this error:
> > >
> > > Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown
> > >
> > > The task manager shows a memory Commit Charge:  4203M/5970M.

0
RickM (31)
6/3/2008 4:16:01 PM
This error fires whenever you try to create a new Mapping?  Is this affecting
all the relationships in a particular entity, or mappings in relationships
across all entities?

Does the error occur when attempting other types of customisation such as
adding attributes or new entities.

Finally, is there any custom code or significant customisations deployed on
the Server?

I'd suggest collecting answers to these questions which should help
determine where the problem is coming from - and then think about escalating
the problem up to Microsoft Support, they are usually very good with errors
that are difficult to determine.

--

"Rick M" wrote:

> [...]
> >    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
> > requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
> >    at
> > System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
> >    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
> > completedSynchronously)
> >

> > Custom event details:

> > -Rick M.
> >
> > "Paul M" wrote:
> >
> > > Second quick points, I'd check the amount of availible disk space, and also
> > > look in the Event Log to see if this provides any further informatioin.
> > >
> > > If your still having trouble with the issue - post the entry from the Event
> > > Log onto the board and we should be able to determine what is causing the

0
PaulM (17)

Uploading Reports
Hi When i upload a report in CRM 4.0 I get an error saying "An error has occurred while trying to add the report to Dynamics CRM". Turning the dev errors on does not change the error message either. I have checked the reporting services website and the security role that I am using has admin access. Besides I can upload the report from the reporting services website and see and run it. However when I upload the report there I dont see it in CRM which in theory I should. Also on the reporting services website I have 3 folders- CRM_SDK_MSCRM CRMDSK_MSCRM MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM Ea...

Link contact with appointment
When I make a new appointment with my contact outlook does not automatically link that contact to the appointment. How do I setup this feature? Thanks, Norm ...

sales transaction window error
when i open Sale transaction table the following error occurs. '' your previous transaction level post session has not finished processing.pls allow time for it to finish.if u believe it has failed log out microsoft dynamics GP and log back in to recover transaction'' after this i have logged of and re entered the problem is still there. Then i went to batch recovery window here no batches pertaining to sales transactions are displayed. then i went to masterposting here the Batch is showing Busy.then i changed the status to normal. even though the problem is existing. ...

email links #2
hi, i have recently installed office 2003 pro and i have switched from outlook express 6 to outlook (the one that comes with office 2003 pro). since i have started using outlook everytime i click an email link on a webpage or in an email message i get about 40 or so "new message" windows open up. can anyone help? thanks, cya john ...

Linking images questions
I am preparing my 16 page newsletter for publication on offset printing. Most images in the newsletter are jpegs, a few are TIFFs. Once I insert all the images, I will convert them all to "Process Colors: CMYK" under the "Commercial Printing Option." I have a few questions about inserting images. What is the advantage of "linking" an image instead of "embedding" it for offset printing? Also, if I do link an image to a file, do I have to size the image exactly as it will appear in the newsletter before inserting it or can I insert the image and ...

Item Integration should allow mapping to Extended Pricing Price S
When Extended Pricing is enabled and you use Integration Manager to bring in prices, you map a Constant Price Level EXTPRCLVL to get the integration to go through. The only problem is that this doesn't affect the Price Sheets, so doesn't calculate a price in Sales Order Processing. It would be nice if a collection could be added for Price Sheets. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

OWA
Hi, I am running exchange 5.5 + SP2 on NT 4.0 + SP6a. I have been running this set up for about 3+ yrs. recently my OWA has started giving troubles. All of sudden it doesn't allow users to connect to Server. Sometimes it just hangs on showing IE is trying connect or sometimes throws LogonFrm.asp errors. When I check in Event Viewer on Exchange Server I find following errors "Error File: /exchange/USA/root.asp Unexpected error" "Error File: /exchange/USA/LogonFrm.asp Unexpected error" The only alternate is to reboot the Exchange server, which is very painful...

sheet protection with links
Dear all, I have a sheet that has links to another file. I would like to protect the cells with the links so that the links cannot be deleted (i.e. the formula/format of the link) and replaced by values, but would like to allow the link to be changed to the corresponding file. Is there any way to do this? Thank you for your help! Hi, before protecting the sheet the cell has to be protected, on the cell where the hiperlink is, right click on the mouse, cell format, protection, check the locked box, then protect the sheet "sthart" wrote: > Dear all, &g...

Mapping..
ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields. Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I could just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly access the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that the region number...

Track in CRM - Outlook Error - Email will not track in CRM
I have been trying to figure out why e-mail will not track on my Inbox in CRM. I have seen a number of variations on this issue. What's different about this issue is that I can track e-mail sucessfully in any sub-folder of my Inbox, just not my Inbox. I tracked the request/response stream with fiddler and found that when I track e-mail from my Inbox a final delete request is being sent to CRM, which is resulting in the e-mail activity being deleted from CRM. When I track e-mail from the other folders underneath the Inbox everything works fine and a delete request is NOT being sent. We...

Problem linking my msn account to gmail
I tried adding my msn account to my gmail account so I could check all of my email accounts at gmail. Everytime I try to add it I get a error message that says "connection timed out". Does anyone know how to work around this to make linking this account successful? Wrong group, we're just outlook, not msn or gmail support :) I didn't think gmail could access msn accts because they aren't pop3. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www....

Linking to other worksheets
I have 12 worksheets (Jan - Dec) each containing data for each month. I also have a summary sheet that i would like to link to the monthly data. On the summary sheet my months are listed vertically A5 (Jan) - A16 (Dec) with sales data to go in B5-B16. Formula for B5 is =Jan!$B$35, B6 is =Feb!$B$35 and so on. How can I set it up so i don't have to manually type in the worksheet reference every time? For example it won't allow to reference the worksheet name from a cell: =A5!$B$35 If the worksheet names are in cell A5 and below, then you can do this: =3DINDIRECT(&quo...

how do i map an excel column to an XML element
How do i map an entire column of data in an excel spreadsheet to an XML data element in the XML source Task Pane? I want to export the data in my spreadsheet so that every row in my spreadsheet is an XML record and every cell in the row is a sub element ...

What is the reason for a "Cannot send this item" error message?
This happens erratically, with no explanation. In the past two days it has happened twice: once when forwarding an email to colleagues, and another time when trying to send a reply to an email. I've sent a dozen other emails successfully during that time. FrannyCats wrote: > This happens erratically, with no explanation. In the past two days it has > happened twice: once when forwarding an email to colleagues, and another time > when trying to send a reply to an email. I've sent a dozen other emails > successfully during that time. Is that that the...

Print button on toolbar linked to specific printer, way to do?
Argggh, they keep changing colour printers on us <lol>! I'm in a govt dept that balloons up/deflates due to election events! In the last 2 weeks, they've changed all the printers around on us as they move them to accommodate needs! At the end of the event, the printers will all return back to their original configurations and locations <phew>! The colour printer is the one that concerns me. Is there a way to just assign a printer, via a macro maybe, to a button on the toolbar? That way, no matter what printer was actually there and no matter where it was locat...

Task 'Job Mail
I get the error when i execute a send/receive..Task 'Job Mail - Sending' reported error (0x80040201) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040201' and can't make it go away, but the mail seems to work ok ...

Runtime errors Ac2007 more of same
Is there something microsoft is not telling us about making a runtime file? Like a lot oif people asking for help, I get constant shutdowns from runtime errors. I have tried everything recommended on this site and others except mztools. A consistent recommendation seems to be to put in error handling with your code. I have, but the runtime version still shuts down on runtime errors. Am I missing something. My error handling looks like this: Private Sub Distance_AfterUpdate() On Error GoTo Distance_AfterUpdate_Err My code that works fine in regular accdb or accde Dist...

Map command
Have got Windows XP professional. Excel used to have the facility to create a map from a worksheet but this does not appear to be in the Insert Menu anymore. Can anyone tell me how to create a map in XP? Windows XP Professional is an Operating System. Do you mean Office XP Professional? If so, you are out of luck with the Insert>Map feature unless you purchase MS MapPoint software. Excel XP has done away with the Mapping component. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:41:08 -0800, "suemkay" <suemkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have got Windows X...

How do I shut off the trusted source error in Publisher 2003?
I am getting the following error message upon opening a Publisher file on my system. The error is interesting being that I am the file creator, and no one else has access to it. "Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted source and does not contain harmful information, click OK. If you received this file from another person or machine and are not sure that the contents are safe, click Cancel." How do I correct this without having to rebuild the file? How do I shut the warning off? In Publisher,...

Error login with user distinct to Administrator
Hi everybody, we have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise. Everything looks ok with Admin user. We can log on with this user but with all other users we have error 'Http 500 - Internal error server' Other users have license and they have assigned Administrator System Role on CRM. Somebody knows what can we try?? Thanks in advance. Sorry about my english. Hi David, what errors are you getting in the event log? Mike greaterthantwo media Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available for MSCRM. http://www.greaterthantwo.com &q...

Importing / Linking Dynamic Data or ASP Tables into Excel ?
Hello, I have been working with the "Get External Data" Feature of excel and it works great for scraping HTML Tables from websites and linking to them in your spread sheet I also like the fact that you can use a refresh function to update data in your spreadsheet that is linked to a HTML table on the Internet. My ISSUE is this when I use this feature of excel on a dynamically populated ASP table it does not work it seems to be unable to grab the data from these type of tables and since more and more sites these days are converting over to dynamic data driven website...

Check Links in GP6.0
I'm new to a company that is running GP 6.0 and have not run Check Links for at least a year. Before I run against the live database I'd like to restore to a test company and run the process. My question is what kind of things should I do and look for to validate that the check links process was succesful. What I fear is that we run the process and find days later that it messed something up and we have to try and recover. Is there a checklist of things to look for? Thanks for any help! Jeff... Jeff, If check links changes anything at all, it will indicate so in a repor...

Cannot open a link sent to me in email
Hi First time here. I cannot open any link sent to me in an email, whether it is a URL, or a click here, or a picture button link. Using Outlook 2003 any time I click on a link it just opens a box called Locate Link Browser and it just shows all my folders. I don't know what this means. I cannot even open any links from the help popups on the right side of the Outlook page. Thanks for help Phil "soccerman1958" <soccerman1958@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:797506AE-9E4E-4DB3-AFB8-40C70F02456A@microsoft.com... > First time here. I cannot...

Error in registry for extension
Whenever I reboot my computer and open Outlook, I get several error messages that I have to close. It says this: "Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extenstion". the syntax or format of the registry entry is incorrect.... Okay, I'm not the most technical person and I have zero idea what this means or how to fix it. I don't know if it's related to when I set up an account on Microsoft Outlook Express so I could access this forum. I'm hoping someone can help me and explain to me like I'm in kindergarten how to fix it! ...

Error
When I try to post an invoice, I get an error Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field '[Not Found]' in script 'InvoiceHasReturns'. Script terminated. What does it mean? If I try to post the same invoice by logging into a different user id, it works correctly. What is the problem? What should I do to make it work for the other id too? This occurs after SQL server 2000 is upgraded to 2005. And SP 4a is installed for GP v8. Please clarify. I would create a new user ID and have the user use the new one instead of the old. It's the easiest thing to do, a...