Mapping..

ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields.
Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a
region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I could
just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How
can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature
but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL
enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly access
the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that the
region number can be displayed based on the postal code?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

We have recently set something similar up using an onchange javascript
event. After the choice is made in the first picklist, the values in the
second picklist are displayed that relate to that choice only. You can enter
the onchange event using the system customisation in CRM for the field you
want.

Regards

Simon

"GDaxon" <GDaxon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields.
> Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a
> region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I
> could
> just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How
> can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature
> but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL
> enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly
> access
> the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that
> the
> region number can be displayed based on the postal code?

0
Simon
9/6/2005 3:37:28 PM
Simon,

Can you explain in more detail how you accomplished the dependant picklists.
 WOuld you mind pasting the actual code here?

Thanks

"Simon" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have recently set something similar up using an onchange javascript
> event. After the choice is made in the first picklist, the values in the
> second picklist are displayed that relate to that choice only. You can enter
> the onchange event using the system customisation in CRM for the field you
> want.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon
>
> "GDaxon" <GDaxon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields.
> > Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a
> > region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I
> > could
> > just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How
> > can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature
> > but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL
> > enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly
> > access
> > the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that
> > the
> > region number can be displayed based on the postal code?

connecting to mapped network drives
isn't there a way to connect to mapped network drives after network connection has been established and NOT before as windows attempts to do by default? "proteanthread" <rtdos@rtdos.com> said this in news item news:958ff5bc-b3e3-41aa-8d86-c0779cd7ed0d@l30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > isn't there a way to connect to mapped network drives after network > connection has been established and NOT before as windows attempts to > do by default? Windows only attempts to do this if you let it. Its behaviour is controlled by issuing this command just o...

Field mappings between Leads and Accounts
I can not figure this out. I have a custom attribute called Primary Contact Phone in the leads entity. I also created the same thing in the Accounts Entity. When I enter the info as a Lead and convert to an Account. The Primary Contact Phone info does not convert over to the Primary Contact Phone attribute in the Account Entity. I feel like it has something to do with mappings but not sure where to make the changes. Can someone tell me where I need to make the changes in order for this to work? Thanks, TA This is for CRM 3.0 not 1.2 Thanks "Todd" wrote: > I can not...

Ability to map custom fields between entities
When adding custom fields to both the contact and appointment forms I would expect to be able to map the fields so when the appointment is created from the contact the fields would populate as the out of the box fields do. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

Mapping Picklist Fields 02-21-06
I am trying to map between the account industry field and a custom field in the accounts contacts. I have set up the same fields in both picklists but when I create a new contact I ony get the underlying value equal to the value in the accounts picklist. I suspect you nned to set up the firled with teh same underlying valuses but how do you do that. In the accounts list the values start at 34 whilst in teh contacts they start at 2. Anyway to set the underlying value? This is not supported, but you can do it by editing the exeported customizations for the table. First, export just...

Missing Checkbox for Remember password when Map Network Drive
Dear all, When I try to Map network drive and use other username to connect. I type in username and password. But the checkbox for remember password is miss. I have try many methods without success. So how can I make the remeber password exist, I need to type username and password each time the computer restarts. Thanks. On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 18:00:01 -0700 (PDT), hon123456 wrote in message <news:deb2a115-b7a1-4ed6-a763-bdc2a898ba0f@v6g2000prd.googlegroups.com>: > Dear all, > > When I try to Map network drive and use other username to > con...

Integrating Visio & Access to Create a Road map (2007)
I would like to create a road map in visio using information in acccess database. For example, a rectangle represents a project with a start and end date in visio. If access has a table with a start and end date defined, can I use that information to define the length of the rectangle dynamically? So the goal is to change/ add/ remove variables in access and then import changes to visio and have visio re-draw the diagram. Thank you! Hello Abdar, Have you considered using the Gantt Chart or Timeline templates under File / New / Schedule? Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSig...

Question on mapping item table fields when loading items from a fi
I am trying to load an item file from a distributor into RMS. I am confused about where to put the UPC code and the item number. IF I put this Distributors item code, for example ESTT1434 for a certain moodel rocket starter set, in the Item Lookip Code field, where do I put the UPC code? I read on some threads here where Some people said put the UPC code in the ILC field, but then where does the item code go? Mark, Most enter the UPC into the Alias database. Some use the UPC as their ILC, then it becomes the "item code". Disty's code for the item goes into the Supplie...

Map custom fields from lookup-Functions
Hi, I added a new custom field in the lead and account entity und made a mapping from lead to account. If converting a lead into an account the data from the new field goes from lead to account (and if you have the same IDs in picklists even the data is retained). I added the same filed to the quote entitiy and added a mapping between account and quote. My Problem is: if I lookup an account from a quote the new field is not mapped to the quote. Question: Is this by design or did I miss something? help appriciated jens Thanks Matt for your reply. What I am trying to accomplish is to b...

Map fields from Case to Service activity in CRM 4.0
Hi. CRM 4.0 UK version: On my Case entity I have made two costom date fields: "case start" and "case end". When I create a Service Activity, I would like to map theese two dates to the start date and end date on the service activity. Can I do that? If not (because you can not edit the mappings between coston fields on Case and service activity): Are there any date fields on the case I can use, and can be mapped to the start and end dates on the service activities. Thanks Regards Jacob Mondrup I have not tried mapping but it should not be issue with custom wor...

Script map network drive using schedule task doesn't work
Hi all, i have write a script that map a network drive(in different domain) whit user and psw and copy some files. if i run the script whit domainadmin account logged in it work fine if the user is logged out the script doesn't work. Someone can help me?? thx in advance "Maw" <maw81maw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6c337d6b-a151-4ab8-bde9-5baf0ab8c7dd@x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > i have write a script that map a network drive(in different domain) > whit user and psw and copy some files. > if i run the script whit domainadm...

IE8 BUG - CSS zoom
Open a page with an image and a map with areas. Use the Developer tools to add the css style="zoom:50%". Higlight a map area tag in the tool and you will see that the areas are not in the correct position or the correct size. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Inserting a Map of a state
Does anyone know how to insert a map into a workbook. I thought that the icon looked like a globe or world but that was in excell 2000 and I couldn't find it in the version that came with office xp. I even checked the addins and I couldn't find it. Also does it come with the cities and states included in the map or do you have to enter every one yourself? Thanks Dan From Excel's help system: Microsoft Map is not available with Microsoft Excel 2002. You can open maps created with an earlier version of Excel, but you can't modify the maps or create new ones. To create m...

I want to Know is there is a map of all the tables of sql and what they do.
I need a flow chart or a map of all the tables in dynamics and what each table do. There is Something like that??? You can install the SDK for whatever version you're interested in, and there should be database diagrams in that. Clint "Pedro Ramos" <prramos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ud4o0$EpGHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I need a flow chart or a map of all the tables in dynamics and what each >table do. There is Something like that??? > ...

Mapping drive using fqdn fails, but netbios name ok.
Hi all, Happy new year etc.. :) Hope someone can help with this intermittent (1/20) issue. During the build process a batch file maps a drive (NET USE) to a share on a server using \\server.place.company.com\share$ syntax. This fails with system error 53 - The network path was not found. Using \\server\share works ok. IP config is with WIN servers and a DNS suffix as above place.company.com. Any simple cause/fix (I hope)? thanks Andy Hello SleeplessAndy, Please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the server and the machine where you run the batch...

message map in .h file?
Hello, I am having a problem with message maps. I am trying to create re-usable class as just a header file so I can #include it without having to add it to the project. The problem comes when I need to get, for example, OnChar(). It doesn't work without the message map, and DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() and the message map itself bring on many linking errors. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thank you D What kinds of errors did you meet? I think you can do everything in header file.. Just make sure you make pair DECLARE_MEESAGE_MAP() and BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP/END_MESSAGE_MAP() etc... "D...

Set static port mappings on Exchange 2003 server; now VPN clients cannot use Outlook XP from offsite
We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server that is the Global Catalog server. We followed the steps listed in knowledgebase articles 270836 and 298369 and set the ports as follows: Global Catalog Server Port = 1273 Exchange SA RFR Interface port = 5000 Exchange Directory NSPI Proxy Interface Port = 5001 Exchange Information Store Interface Port = 5002 Exchange Site Replication Service Port = 5003 After rebooting the server, PCs in the office are communicating with the server on ports 1273 and 5000. However, when a user at home tries to login using CheckPoint FireWall 1 ...

Plot number of clients living in different Zip Codes on a Map
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060408030103060607030806 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm looking for an add-on (or dedicated program) that can show the number of persons who reside in a given zip code on a map. We have Excel worksheets showing 500 clients living in about 15 zip codes in San Francisco, and would like a way to tabulate the number of clients in each zip codes and plot that number on a city map. Can anyone suggest an add-on or product that can do this? Thanks. --------------0604080...

Map of Europe & Airports
an how do I insert map of Europe and frankfort airport in excel chart ...

RMS Road Map/PC 2009
We use RMS to support 30 stores. I understand RMS to be supported in the future but new development to stop. PC 2009 is a better product for touchscreen environment. Does anyone know the plan for multi store support. centralized management, centralized data reporting? Thanks It was my understanding that MS changed their stance on RMS and has decided to keep developing it, with POS2009 as a separate product for now. Craig "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DEF537B-B963-47C3-A307-972698B00101@microsoft.com... > We use RMS to support 30 sto...

I need Microsoft Map
I need the features from Microsoft Map, because it is tightly integrated with Excel, and it allows me to add my own maps in MapInfo format. I have not seen other products that allow me to use my own maps and have same features. I work with UN consultant, we create our own mapsas we work in areas of the world where we do not have other sources. I don't understand what you mean, why don't you buy office 2000 on eBay or something Or get MapPoint from which you can export maps to Excel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Torsten" <Torsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Quote product mapping
I am trying to map the description field under the product form (field name 'description') to a custom field on the quote products form (field name 'productdesriptiondetail') and I am having difficulty making it work. I first tried by adding this map under the existing 'QuoteDetail' map under the Quote schema, but when the quote product item is saved, the description does not come through. I thought this would work because this is the area where I created the custom attribute. I then tried to create a new custom map under the Product schema to the QuoteDetail ...

Creating a Graphical Map How to??
Aloha, I don't what it is called but I want to make a floor plan or map of say 400 storage units. I have done this before with "Stationary" storage units by creating text boxes on a form page and using mouse-over to bring up data, but now I am on a project where the storage units are changeable! I created a form with subforms and using "conditional formatting" I was able to do the color-boxes criteria thing, but it is a very large memory hog and get "cannot any more forms" errors all the time So is there any free or nominal cost add-on programs that will all...

Mappings 09-05-06
I was wondering if anyone could help with the following. I just created a second address section in the lead form. One is an origin address and the other a destination address. Is it possible to map these two fields into one address field in the account screen. I have not had luck yet and don't know if it is going to be like a moving shell game. First map one, rename fields, and then map the next. Also, what does generate mapping exactly mean? It gives a kind intimidating message of "do you really want to do this". Thanks for any input. I did a search in the community and...

why there isn't any map of Asia and Europe for Visio 2003?
Why there isn't any map of Asia and Europe to be downloaded for Visio 2003? There are too many legal landmines for Microsoft to publish that content. Some countries require us to show explicit borders or outlines of their islands. Since there is not universal agreement over national borders, we have to omit the content. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "feiji" <feiji@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2304DE26-DBF6-44A7-91E6-670724D5106D@microsoft.com... > ...

chart with map underlay / formatting / labels / suggestions?
I am making a chart with a map picture (township map) as the fill effect and the X Y as the data labels. (had difficulty getting the map pic to the right scale) The township map has only a few townships that I will have to plot information/values for. I have moved the labels to the appropriate place on the map but they don't fit well and honestly do not look very good. (even after I change the formatting on them) I thought about having the point (ie specific township)radiate out with the info but could not figure/find how to do it. Or I thought about having the area on the map (ie...