Mapping..

ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields.
Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a
region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I could
just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How
can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature
but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL
enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly access
the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that the
region number can be displayed based on the postal code?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

We have recently set something similar up using an onchange javascript
event. After the choice is made in the first picklist, the values in the
second picklist are displayed that relate to that choice only. You can enter
the onchange event using the system customisation in CRM for the field you
want.

Regards

Simon

"GDaxon" <GDaxon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields.
> Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a
> region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I
> could
> just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How
> can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature
> but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL
> enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly
> access
> the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that
> the
> region number can be displayed based on the postal code?

0
Simon
9/6/2005 3:37:28 PM
Simon,

Can you explain in more detail how you accomplished the dependant picklists.
 WOuld you mind pasting the actual code here?

Thanks

"Simon" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have recently set something similar up using an onchange javascript
> event. After the choice is made in the first picklist, the values in the
> second picklist are displayed that relate to that choice only. You can enter
> the onchange event using the system customisation in CRM for the field you
> want.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon
>
> "GDaxon" <GDaxon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields.
> > Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a
> > region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I
> > could
> > just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How
> > can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature
> > but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL
> > enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly
> > access
> > the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that
> > the
> > region number can be displayed based on the postal code?

Item Integration should allow mapping to Extended Pricing Price S
When Extended Pricing is enabled and you use Integration Manager to bring in prices, you map a Constant Price Level EXTPRCLVL to get the integration to go through. The only problem is that this doesn't affect the Price Sheets, so doesn't calculate a price in Sales Order Processing. It would be nice if a collection could be added for Price Sheets. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

how do i map an excel column to an XML element
How do i map an entire column of data in an excel spreadsheet to an XML data element in the XML source Task Pane? I want to export the data in my spreadsheet so that every row in my spreadsheet is an XML record and every cell in the row is a sub element ...

Mapping..
ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields. Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I could just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly access the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that the region number...

Can Visio convert and or open an iGrafx process map?
I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know if I can convert the file such that I can edit and play with it in Visio Professional 2003. Thanks I have an IGX format file that needs to be converted to Visio as well. Seems some seminar presenters are giving out their sample files in this format, and I would REALLY prefer not to add yet another flow charting tool to our environment here. Has anyone developed a solution for this? Thanks! "Dellitot" wrote: > I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know > ...

Map command
Have got Windows XP professional. Excel used to have the facility to create a map from a worksheet but this does not appear to be in the Insert Menu anymore. Can anyone tell me how to create a map in XP? Windows XP Professional is an Operating System. Do you mean Office XP Professional? If so, you are out of luck with the Insert>Map feature unless you purchase MS MapPoint software. Excel XP has done away with the Mapping component. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:41:08 -0800, "suemkay" <suemkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have got Windows X...

Using Custom Mapped fields when importing in Outlook 2002
I am trying to import a *.csv file from Excel into contacts of Outlook 2002. I have created a custome made contact form and made it my default, but when trying to map the fields within the import wizard, my custom made contact form is not used to map to. Any ideas on how to make the mapped to reflect my user defined fields? Thanks! ...

worksheet map
I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets in them. What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to each other. i, How would that differ from using Trace...dependents, precedents ? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "ixlr84fun" <ixlr84fun@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135280427.415301.26280@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets in them. What I would like to do is be able to generate a "...

How to map a string to a map pointer?
Hi, I have several strings, each of which should be mapped to a specific map of string to string structure. How to implement by the CMap template? Or is there an type- specific Map classes I can use? Thanks. Gary My first guess would be something like: CMap<string, string, string, string> m_MyStringMap; but I'm not sure what results mixing MFC and STL will produce. "Gary" <gary_gzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:085f01c38160$c04a1570$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have several strings, each of which should be mapped to > a specific map of...

"Map" button
Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL Hi no, MS has disconitnued this support with Excel 2002 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NLeites" <NLeites@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A47AFEDE-097D-4BDC-B1F5-CD902D880C95@microsoft.com... > Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL You must now purchase MapPoint program which interfaces with Office apps. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:19:40 +0100, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >no, MS has disconitnued this suppo...

X-Y map of 2 issues with one PIN
I want to map on an x-y chart two issues about 2 to 4 products I want to map the products by 1) there price & 2) there complexity I built the data and the chart but my problem is that I am getting 2 sets of plotted pins - one set is how you would expect in various points on the chart the problem is that there is a second set of plot points that run acroos the bottm of the chart and if you remove that plot range from the chart then the other polt points are no longer dynamic. This use to be easy You need to share some more about what you are doing. What are you plotting? Price...

Map one more column map within a single XSD element.
Map one more column map within a single XSD element. I have export the xml file from the excel file format, the data has in one more column a xml element data. How can I map one more column? In my XSD (problem is "sub-item" element) <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="body"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item-group" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item...

Install Module choices mapped to Help Menu Module Listing
Hello, when installing GPv10 you have choices of what to install. For example: EFT for Receivables, Electronic Bank Reconciliation, Professional Services Tools Library, etc. But when you go under Help>Options and display the registration report it's not a one-to-one mapping of what you chose when doing the install. For example modules listed in my registration report that are not registered are Cashbook Bank Management, Bank One Commercial Card Integration, Bank One Direct Paycheck Card Integration. I don't know if these are mapped to EFT for Receivables or Electronic Bank Recon...

Map data to map of USA
I would like to map 50 pieces of data to the states on a map of the USA & then to fill each state with a color, increasing in intensity as the number rises. Does this sound like something that can be done in Excel? Hi, Earlier version of Excel came with a map utility Now you have to pay for it. http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/2004/default.mspx You might find this of use, although it will require some adapting. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng12.htm Cheers Andy Moo wrote: > I would like to map 50 pieces of data to the states on a map of the USA & > then to fill each sta...

map real estate prices with google maps at HomePriceMaps.com #2
http://www.HomePriceMaps.com integrates how much homes SOLD for nationwide using the google mapping technology. Simply select city and state from the city menu and click search. If you don't see data for your area simply email HomePriceMaps@gmail.com with your zipcode and or address and they'll update the site with your info and email you within a few days. ...

Map
can we define a const map , which will take both key and value also to be constants? something like this........... const std::map< const unsigned char,const unsigned char> sample_map; In that case how to we populate it???????? You can't. The problem with 'const' is that it is a little too extreme for a lot of data objects. This is a case where, in spite of the fact it is "logically" const, you can't declare that syntactically, because, as you point out, you won't be able to populate it. joe On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 01:59:01 -0700, Alamelu <Alamelu...

Leads to Accounts --> Map Territory?
Is it possible to create a field in Leads called Territory and have it map to the Territiry Lookup in Accounts Rhett The territory field on the Account is actually a territoryID as the territory details are stored as a seperate entity. Although, the territoryID appears in the mapping attributes (deployment managers schema manager), you would need to make sure that the territoryID is entered into the Lead entity. Which is going to be a GUID and would be impossible to get the user to enter with any degree of accuracy. No, you really can't. But you can add a Territory picklist field ...

Mappings not working when creating a new entity
Hi, Not sure if this has been discussed yet but I noticed that depending on how I create my new record the mappings work or do not work. Scenerio #1: I am in an entity "hotel setup", I click on an associated entity Selected Hotel. Click new and the hotel name mappings come over. This one works as expected. Scenerio #2: I am in another entity, click on the associated entity Selected Hotel, click new and add the lookup to the hotel setup. Click save and no mappings come over. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. Brian Hi Brian, Yes, it is the expected behaviour. Map...

How do I add new Map Custom Fields or Maps.
I am trying to import a Excel 2007 file into Outlook 2007, I first changed the file extesion to excel- 2003 format. When I try to import the excel file into outlook I get a Map call Cody_Mail with address only fields. The program will not let me modify or delete this Map and will note let me build a new Map with the correct custom fields. Did you simply "change" the extension or actually re-save it as an .xls file? First option will do nothing but cause potential problems. As for your "Cody_Mail" map - likely to be the only "Named Range" found assum...

Mapping Network Drive
I have a Desktop with WinXP SP3 (all the latest updates), and a laptop with Win 7. I have my desktop harddrive divided in 3 partitions and normally share my "E" drive with my laptop. Prior to Win7, I had Vista on the laptop and the sharing worked fine. I have a Linksys 4-Port Router so I can share the drive and also the Internet with the laptop. The Internet works fine with the setup after installing Win7, but the file sharing does not seem to work now. It kept telling that it "could not connect to some drives - my E drive" - I removed the mapping on the lapto...

How do I repesent statistics on the map of Australia using MS MAP
I am using Microsoft Map in EXCEL to represent sales statistics. I am able to represent the sales at STATE level but not at the CITY level !!!! Anyone would have some ideas on using MS MAP ??? Kind regards, Richard Hi Richard, You might be able to buy maps from mappoint http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/default.mspx Or take a look at my charting alternative at http://edferrero.m6.net/charting.aspx Look for Map Charts beta - USA. This has a map of the US, but you can easily change it to a map of Australia - just change the background picture. Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net/ >I...

pdf headings picked up from adobe in document map
A Word document has been converted to pdf using adobe. The headings which adobe use as bookmarks have now been picked up in word. How do I get rid of them? ...

Input distanct from a map into excel
Hello, I have a user who goes into the Internet using Bing map or Google map to get sales person driving miles from point A to point B then input the mileage in Excel 2007 expense report for reimbursement. The problem is there are many salespersons and each individual sales person travels to many different places. This is very time comsuming. What I like to is have the user input in a cell(s) FROM - The address, City, State, Zip in another cell(s) the TO - Address, City, State, Zip. and in another cell will display the distance. I am justing wandering if there any add-in ...

Save maps for data import
We would (being a small business) LOVE to have the ability to save a mapped schema so when ever we need to import basic data like contacts, accounts and leads we can just choose a pre made map template and then import our data, how simple is that, ACT, Goldmine and Maximizer can do this, I mean how much work would this take? thanks MS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link ...

Maps
In Excel 2000, I used to be able to create a U.S. Map and customize it with various colors and data... I can't seem to figure this out in Excel 2003, can someone help? It's not there anymore -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "george" <george@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8527B1B1-53C5-44B1-A09F-515AD39B6F63@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000, I used to be able to create a U.S. Map and customize it > with > various colors and data... I can't s...

Road map for the V2
Hello, can anybody have a list of new functionalities planned for V2 ? Here's a brief synapsis I pulled from somewhere??: Simplified set-up Activity customization Account roll-up Data cleansing Many-to-many relationships for contacts and accounts Products by customer Outlook synchronization enhancements Customer service for Outlook Email support for knowledge base and sales literature Workflow enhancements Performance and scalability enhancements Field service dispatch Enhanced extensibility Marketing automation enhancements Back-office integration with Navision 4.0 ...