Mapping estimated value to totalamount

Hi,

I define a map between opportunity estimated revenue and quote totalamount.
I set the estimated revenue to be user provided and write a value by hand.
The value is not carried to the totalamount field of the quote when I add a
related quote. Instead it is calculated from the amount fields of the quote
products. Is the totalamount field always system calculated, cannot we
override it with the value in the estimated revenue?

Thanks,
Bilge Gul
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"b_gul_t" <bgult@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I define a map between opportunity estimated revenue and quote
> totalamount.
> I set the estimated revenue to be user provided and write a value by hand.
> The value is not carried to the totalamount field of the quote when I add
> related quote. Instead it is calculated from the amount fields of the
> quote
> products. Is the totalamount field always system calculated, cannot we
> override it with the value in the estimated revenue?

The totalamount field is recalculated every time you save a quote or quote
detail

You could change the freight amount field on Quote and call it something
more meaningful or even take it off the form. Then map opportunity estimated
revenue to the freight amount. Then the Quote will include the freight
amount in the totalamount field automatically

> Thanks,
> Bilge Gul

0
Julian

Converting Text Date to Date/Value
Hi All, Im having trouble converting a Text date to a DateValue, I have tried Text to Columns and also the =Datevalue(A1) formula with no avail. My date is written in a cell as e.g Wednesday 14th October 2009 Obviously as its in this format i cannot perform date calculations on it. Is there a way i can convert this? I have a whole long column worth which needs doing so typing over every one is not really an option! Many thanks Hi Alex, Am Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:40:10 +0100 schrieb Alex Barrow: > My date is written in a cell as e.g Wednesday 14th October 2009 > Obviously as...

Round Excel values up to nearest $5.00
What formual would I enter to round an Excel value up to the next whole dollar amount in $5.00 increments? For example, any amount between $30.01 and $34.99 would be rounded and displayed as $35.00. Hi try: =ROUND(A1/5,0)*5 Also see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Rounding.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany USAOz wrote: > What formual would I enter to round an Excel value up to the next > whole dollar amount in $5.00 increments? For example, any amount > between $30.01 and $34.99 would be rounded and displayed as $35.00. One way: =CEILING(A1,5) or =ROUNDU...

Item Integration should allow mapping to Extended Pricing Price S
When Extended Pricing is enabled and you use Integration Manager to bring in prices, you map a Constant Price Level EXTPRCLVL to get the integration to go through. The only problem is that this doesn't affect the Price Sheets, so doesn't calculate a price in Sales Order Processing. It would be nice if a collection could be added for Price Sheets. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

Mapping..
ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields. Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I could just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly access the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that the region number...

Formula to estimate value
I have a chart on a worksheet, that is created by data in another worksheet. Basically the chart will be an area chart with readings that will decrease in value after easch test date. eg. A B C D E F G 1/1/2010 | 6.25 | 6.24 | 6.24 | 6.25 | 6.25 | 6.26 | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1/2/2010 | ...

Summing values in database according to multiple criteria
Dear All I have a spreadsheet; A B D E Dept Account Staff Amount 1 AA 1002 Peter 10 2 BB 1002 John 20 3 AA 1002 Peter 30 4 CC 1002 Paul 40 I want to sum the content column E by Dept (A), Account Number (B), and Staff (D). How can I do this by formula? As opposed to pivot tables. Many thanks Peter Take a look at the SUMPRODUCT function. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07BDA04E-6B9D-476C-AA59-4AB...

how do i map an excel column to an XML element
How do i map an entire column of data in an excel spreadsheet to an XML data element in the XML source Task Pane? I want to export the data in my spreadsheet so that every row in my spreadsheet is an XML record and every cell in the row is a sub element ...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

Can Visio convert and or open an iGrafx process map?
I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know if I can convert the file such that I can edit and play with it in Visio Professional 2003. Thanks I have an IGX format file that needs to be converted to Visio as well. Seems some seminar presenters are giving out their sample files in this format, and I would REALLY prefer not to add yet another flow charting tool to our environment here. Has anyone developed a solution for this? Thanks! "Dellitot" wrote: > I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know > ...

Cell Values
Hi, I am using Microsoft Excel 2000 and Windows 98. I have a excel file which has two sheets in it. One is Dialy Summary & another sheet is called Monthly Summary. We keep receiving different products daily - which goes into Daily Summary sheet. I have a consolidated total of each day received product in monthly summary. For Example: imagine we have 5 products, we receive products on 1st Day of the month. Product1 > We receive 10 Nos. Product2> We receive 05 Nos. Product3> We didn't receive anything. Product4> We didn't receive anything. Product5> We receive 15 ...

Map command
Have got Windows XP professional. Excel used to have the facility to create a map from a worksheet but this does not appear to be in the Insert Menu anymore. Can anyone tell me how to create a map in XP? Windows XP Professional is an Operating System. Do you mean Office XP Professional? If so, you are out of luck with the Insert>Map feature unless you purchase MS MapPoint software. Excel XP has done away with the Mapping component. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:41:08 -0800, "suemkay" <suemkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have got Windows X...

Using Custom Mapped fields when importing in Outlook 2002
I am trying to import a *.csv file from Excel into contacts of Outlook 2002. I have created a custome made contact form and made it my default, but when trying to map the fields within the import wizard, my custom made contact form is not used to map to. Any ideas on how to make the mapped to reflect my user defined fields? Thanks! ...

concatenate more column value
Hi All Any function can be simply below function , No VBA? Next time, I will try add 26 column value. =IF(TRIM(H2)&TRIM(I2)&TRIM(J2)&TRIM(K2)&TRIM(L2)&TRIM(M2)&TRIM(N2)&TRIM (P2)&TRIM(Q2)&TRIM(R2)&TRIM(S2)&TRIM(T2)<> "", "Y","N") moonhkt Hi This formula should do it: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(TRIM(J2:T2)>""))>0,"Y","N") or =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(LEN(TRIM(J2:T2))>0))>0,"Y","N") Regards, Per "moonhkt" <moonhkt@gmail.com> ...

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?
or can I define one ? I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use right click menu every time Regards, Sirritys Ctrl+V -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee ) "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154506998.485777.116140@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > or can I define one ? > > I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use > right click menu every time > > Regards, > Sirritys > It is quite easy to define a...

Opportunity Estimated Closed Date returning stange results
Hi, In CRM3, when adding an opportinity, I enter the Estimated Closed date as the 15th of the month. In the opportunity window, the date is correctly displayed as the 15 of the month. Looking at the view Opportunity.EstimatedCloseDate, the date is held as 2006-03-14 13:00:00.000. My Time zone settings are set to GMT + 10. I can only get my reports working correctly if I have my time zone settings set to GMT. Has anyone experienced this issue or have some suggestions? Much appreciated. Thanks Matt Use FilteredViews when accessing data using reports (FilteredOpportunity) and the dat...

changing value
Hiya guys and gals i need to make my cell m20, the same value as the last figure entered in cells a20:n20. eg. if a20 =200, B20=400, C20=800 and the rest are blank then N20 should be 800 hope i have explained this okay:eek: Regards James -- superkopite ------------------------------------------------------------------------ superkopite's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29496 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492006 James one way: =OFFSET($A20,,COUNTA($A20:$M20)-1) You seem to have confused m20 and n20 ...

Excel should not automatically extend series or fill values
When copying values using the mouse, it would be great if there were an option in Tools | Options | Edit such the following: Automatically fill values or extend series based on cell content Always fill values Always extend series ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

worksheet map
I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets in them. What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to each other. i, How would that differ from using Trace...dependents, precedents ? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "ixlr84fun" <ixlr84fun@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135280427.415301.26280@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets in them. What I would like to do is be able to generate a "...

"Map" button
Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL Hi no, MS has disconitnued this support with Excel 2002 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NLeites" <NLeites@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A47AFEDE-097D-4BDC-B1F5-CD902D880C95@microsoft.com... > Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL You must now purchase MapPoint program which interfaces with Office apps. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:19:40 +0100, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >no, MS has disconitnued this suppo...

How to map a string to a map pointer?
Hi, I have several strings, each of which should be mapped to a specific map of string to string structure. How to implement by the CMap template? Or is there an type- specific Map classes I can use? Thanks. Gary My first guess would be something like: CMap<string, string, string, string> m_MyStringMap; but I'm not sure what results mixing MFC and STL will produce. "Gary" <gary_gzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:085f01c38160$c04a1570$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have several strings, each of which should be mapped to > a specific map of...

When does a query/subquery return a NULL and when no value at all, not even a NULL?
hi a) If a query/subquery doesn=92t find any matching rows, then it either returns NULL or no value at all, thus not even a NULL value. Based on what criteria does a query or a subquery return a NULL and when doesn=92t it return any results, not even a NULL value? b) I assume a scalar subquery will always return NULL, when no matching rows are found? I assume most-outer scalar query also returns NULL if no rows are found? c) SELECT FirstName, LastName, YEAR(BirthDate) FROM Persons WHERE YEAR(BirthDate) IN (SELECT YearReleased FROM Albums); * If subquery finds no results...

Auto Filter not finding all values
I have a 6,000-row spreadsheet with a "CPT Code" in column E of each row. The codes can be all numbers, a combination of numbers and letters, or blank. I have the column defined as "text" during an import of the data. When I choose the first data cell in column E, and select auto-filter, the little drop-down arrow appears, and I scan through the sequential values looking for 38220. It's not in the list. If I do a "find" on column E for 38220, it finds it. If I sort the data by column E and then do the filter routine, it works, and 38220 is in my filter l...

creating drop down lists where you can select multiple values
Hi there I want to create drop down lists in an excel spreadsheet that allow me to select more than one value to be displayed in the cell. Does anyone know how to help me? Thanks in advance You can do this with programming. There's a sample file here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Data Validation, look for 'Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List' Angella wrote: > Hi there > > I want to create drop down lists in an excel spreadsheet that allow me to > select more than one value to be displayed in the cell. > > Does anyone know h...

X-Y map of 2 issues with one PIN
I want to map on an x-y chart two issues about 2 to 4 products I want to map the products by 1) there price & 2) there complexity I built the data and the chart but my problem is that I am getting 2 sets of plotted pins - one set is how you would expect in various points on the chart the problem is that there is a second set of plot points that run acroos the bottm of the chart and if you remove that plot range from the chart then the other polt points are no longer dynamic. This use to be easy You need to share some more about what you are doing. What are you plotting? Price...

Search/Filter to find values in another range based on two cell values
I'm using Excel 2000 and am trying to get a search/filter that will use two cell values as the range for the criteria. For example, if I specify a cell with the value of 100 and the next cell in the sorted range is 120, the criteria for the search would be all matching items that range from 100 to 119. I've tried using advanced filter with some IF(LEFT() and IF(RIGHT) but that is too restrictive and would require some relatively complex formulas which I'm not sure I can do. I've also searched for examples of VBA code that simulates advanced filter but have not found any. Be...