Many to Many Joins in CRM 3.0

Dear Group

I would not usually make such a post, but a lot of customers and collegues
have asked me how can we create a many to many join without seeing a link
table in CRM.

I know from experiece that a number of customers have requested this level
of functionality and it has always been a bit of a stumble in the dark

I'm glad to let you all know that we have solved the problem in quite an
elegant way, buy createing a new lookup control that is a generic look up
based on a single join entity table.  THis will work for any CRM entity
create a parent Child relation

2 versions will be avalible from our web site early March, one with Source
Code One with out, in the mean time please use our generic email account
sales@2bconsulting.net if you have any questions.

thanks all

Alistair
2B.net

http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

tengo Outlook 2007, envia y recibe cada 3 min
tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta "enviado o recibiendo". como puedo controlar el envio y recepcion a un periodo programado? en la pestaña de configuracion tiene cada 30 min. el enviar y recibir Usted repeta la pregunta en ingles, por favor? -- Debby Hanoka dhanoka@live.com "Mito" <Mito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814ABBE2-3A5B-47E5-8D1F-BEE5F9F36B97@microsoft.com... > tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta > "enviado o > recibiendo". > > como p...

1 is converted in 0.001 in all excell files
in my all exell files: old and new: when i put any numeric value and press enter it is displayed in fraction . For eg. 1 is dispalyed as 0.001 I want to remove this coversion but dont know hoe. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK (It's probably checked for 3 d.p.) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "ndn" <ndn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A9B36FB-48A5-4FE3-8C06-486FCD0CB8F4@microsoft.com... > in my all exell files: old and new: when ...

0/01/1900
i have a VLOOKUP formula which returns a date value and i have formatted the cells to be in date format. however when a value cannot be found (ie. returns 0) the format changes the 0 to 0/01/1900. how can i stop this? id want the cell to be blank if there is no value. appreciate your help, thanks! Hi =IF(VLOOKUP(...)=0,"",VLOOKUP(...)) -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "leolin" <leolin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18DF3B78-2741-4909-BA6A-D066E2C95A14@microsoft.com... > i have a VLOOKUP formula wh...

Mail merge in Publisher #3
Have designed invitation in Publisher 2003... prints correctly ( 4 pages) however when I do a mail merge... it says it does not have the right number of pages. How do I fix this error. For a merge to be successful you can only have one invitation on your screen. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ladyprt" <ladyprt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71E0FF53-6E5F-455B-94CF-BAC968C9B8BF@microsoft.com... > Have designed invitation in Publisher 2003... prints correctly ( 4 pages) > how...

trying to highlight records with at least 3 same value
Hi to everyone in this forum! I'm really driving mad to find out a way to highlight any row in my worksheet that has 3 same value. A value can be both numbers or text. Does anyone to know how to write a piece of VB code to accomplish that job with Excel 2003? Any help will be appreciated! Bye, Stefano. Example(s) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Stefano" <riccifs@tin.it> wrote in message news:4b354599-77dd-4df8-ae7d-7abcc72d7665@u22g2000yqf.googlegroups.com... > Hi to everyone in this forum! > I'...

What next, CRM implementation.
I have installed the CRM software and MSSQL with SP3 on my test server. Still need to set up an Exchange 2000 test server with dummy users that only need to send mail internally. I want to set up my system for test with the sample database, and integration with Exchange 2000. Could someone shortly give a description on what the steps are for the whole system to be up and running. (i am a newbie to CRM), and if possible an estimated timeframe. The server is windows 2003 running AD in native mode. I realize that the time used is very individual, but i need an estimate for my boss for when he ca...

CRM access from the Internet
Hello everyone. I have been trying to get this to work for hours and finally have decided to post in hopes someone knows how to do this: I am currently running MS CRM 3.0 on a AD server (not SBS). It works fine from inside the network. I want to be able to access it from the internet with plain text authentication (I will do SSL once I can get this working!). Microsoft says you have to use a VPN, but in this case that is not pratical or going to work. I made the following changes to the CRM registry: I changed [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM] entries "ServerUrl"=&...

Internet Explorer. 6.0
I have purchased the 2003 Basic version of Quickbooks. One of the requirements is that my system upgrade Internet Explorer to 6.0. This update is included on the disc purchased. However every time I try to install it it freezes at 87% of the download. I have had competer technitions here to assist and even they cannot figure it out. I am getting desperate. anyone with ideas or solutions, I am willing to listen. Please advise. Thank you. ...

CRM Cases Email on closure
I want to send an email on closure - which I can setup perfectly. The problem is I want the email to contain the closure notes but can't see how to include that field (either the subject or the description). Any help appreciated. thanks in advanced Hi, Those fields are not accessible most probably. That is becuase they are as an activity in History of the Case. If you still need to access those than you may write a workflow .net assembly and using that assembly access those values. You need programming skills for that. For details, checkout CRM SDK. You may contact me directly ...

How thin is Microsoft CRM?
How thin do you guys think MSCRM is? Could people please comment on thier experiences of running the app over a published server on the Web or over a WAN? I am thinking of an international roll out... Experiences... Please email me if you would prefer... Cheers, Mike. Mike, The web client is fairly "thin". I've used it in this model extensibly for demo purposes in the past and I know of people using it for an international implementation. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 16 Aug 200...

CRM Different Environments
How are defined the different environment for Microsoft CRM projects? I have a customer that wants 3 environments: Development, Pre-production and production. Do we need 3 full installations of CRM + Exchange + Database + ...? How is this usually done? Thanks, Manuel ...

Join performance
Hi, we have noticed that some queries are running faster if you use a select statement within the join clause. I would like to know if that is because of bad indexes or if this is a common method for speeding up rather large joins? Examples (#TestTable is populated with some data) ------------------------------------------------- �1 SELECT TT.*, LT.SomeId FROM #TestTable AS TT LEFT JOIN ( SELECT SomeId, Data FROM LookupTable WHERE Identifier = @Identifier ) LT ON (LT.Data = TT.Data) �2 SELECT TT.*, LT.SomeId FROM #TestTable AS T...

question #3
how to format x - axis scale? If you have a scatter chart (XY!), just double click on the axis, and edit the parameters on the Scale tab. You cannot format a category X axis the same way; this means the X axis on a column, line, or area chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ zeljko wrote: > how to format x - axis scale? ...

MSCRM 3.0 cannot be installed ProvisionBusinessAction failed0x8013
Hi there, for the last couple of days I was trying to install a MS CRM 3.0 server on a Win2K3 EE VM running on an ESX 3.0.2 Server. Exchange and SQL Server are on physical machines in the network. When installing I receive following error: Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ProvisionBusinessAction failed. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131534. I installed the CRM Server using the same SQL and Exchange servers on a physical machine without any problems then. My last hope was to take the database from the p...

migration vc6.0 -> vc8.0
Hello, we are migrating a large codebase from vc6 to vc8 while adding Windows Vista to our supported Platfoms. We experience some strange program terminations with the new code on the vista platform, while everything runs fine on a XP box. At the moment, we suspect some compiler setting like /GS to be part of the problem, but we are open to suggestions. Bye, -- Thomas Hi Thomas, Can you show me some detailed information regarding the "strange program terminations"? Do you experience any unhandled exceptions in the program? Can you show me the error details of this termi...

Protecting formulas #3
How do I clear a column of data only without erasing the formulas? Similarly, I have several sections of subtotals, where the data being subtotaled is formula driven. Can I protect the subtotal formulas so that I can paste special values only without pasting over the subtotals? Ellen I'm not sure what you're asking. A formula or a subtotal gives a result based on the contents of one or more cells elsewhere. To clear the column, you need to delete the data in the other cells. Am I missing something ? Regards Trevor "EllenSwarts" <EllenSwarts@discussions.micr...

CRM 3.0 Refresh Button
Hi, Does anyone know why isn't the refresh button working normally?? If I'm viewing the active cases lets say and i wanna do a refresh and press the refresh button the first row just blinks but it doesn't give me the new cases there I have to click on cases from my workplace to refresh the complete view .an other thing is when i press the refresh button while I'm viewing the cases in a queue the first line disappears!! Any clue?? Aby ...

CRM 3.0: Can't display changes in "incidents" view.
Hi, I want to add columns to the incident view. So far, I customized the view in the parameter section, published the changes, but I'm still unable to view the new columns in the "incidents" view. I did an iisreset, even rebooted the server, without success. Any idea? Did I miss something? Thanks for any help. Jeff Which particular view? There are lots of "incidnet" views, perhaps you customised one and are looking at another. You don't need to publish view customisations (unless I'm completely mistaken..), certainly no need for an iisreset or reboot, ...

HTML #3
How do I create HTML email? Or how do I create an HTML page to send as an email? Is Fontpage the only way to do it? Message format options are found at Tools | Options | Mail Format. (You can also select Actions | New Mail Message Using and pick HTML.) No, you can use whatever editor tickles your fancy to create stationery. The file(s) just have to be stored at \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery in order for Microsoft Outlook 98 - 2003 to see/use them. -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Gary" <an...

Autocomplete nk2 file editor #3
I found a great utility that let's me solve my autocomplete file issues. It can be found at: www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm It is called Owtlook This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C44FA6.681F6570 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How arrogantly disingenuous - "I *FOUND* a great utility" ??? Excuse me, but are you not the ones who PROGRAMMED this utility? At = least try to be honest if you want to advertise your program - shilling = for yourself is beneath hone...

Windows Vista and CRM
Hi all, I know this is a bit pre-emptive but thought I would throw the question out there about Windows Vista. Will CRM v3 work with it? or are the limitations of IE and .net (vista has .net 2.0 and IE 7 as standard but not supported by crm) going to mean it isn't compatible? Are MS going to bring out a new version of the CRM for "Vista" compatability?? Just curious if anyone has any info or insights... Thanks, Nathan Warner It would not be in microsofts interests to release either a version of office or windows that would stop users running crm. A comment from the of...

when dragging formula how do i avoid #DIV/0!
When dragging a formula and a field has a nil value is there a way to avoid the result showing as #DIV/0!. Can it just skip this or return a 0 value or leave blank. Dividing by zero is undefined in math hence the error. Use the If function to test for a zero divisor: Suppose you have a value in Column A and another value in Column B and in Column C you have the formula A5/B5. If B5 is empty - has a value of zero - or has some formula that results in a zero, then your formula in Column C will result in #DIV/0! Solve it by replacing the formula in Column C with this: =IF(B5=0,"",Ad/B...

moving CRM databases
How can I relocate the CRM databases, on an existing production CRM server, to a different partition on the same server (i.e. from the D: drive to the F: drive) - without re-installing CRM? thx in advance, FGF Useing SQL Enterprise manager select database you want to move and then chose option (after right click) detach database, fisicaly move database files (*.mdf and *.ldf) and then attach database back to SQL Server. "fgf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39b801c4a08f$e80d4dd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I relocate the CRM databases, on...

CRM Web Integration
We have written some custom .Net code to allow our website visiots to enter thier information and create the lead in MS CRM 4.0. I am slightly confused how to deploy this in a production environment. Our CRM is internal only we do not want an internet facing deployment of MS CRM thus potentially creating a security risk. Is there a way to only publish the CRM services url so it can access by our shared hosted web form without having to move entire crm in DMZ? Thanks What about creating your own web service? It could expose a single method like CreateLead. This service can then be r...

CRM Outlook Client
Hello All, I was carrying out some testing on the Outlook client and going on/off line. and I have come across the following scenario that does not appear to work. I have two domains, domain one CRMTEST01 holds the Active Directory, CRM Server, SQL Server, Exchange Server, and domain two CRMTEST02 has a seperate Active Directory and an exchange server. Both Domains have a user TestUser1 with the same username and password. There are no trusts set up. I installed the CRM Client onto CRMTEST02 and pointed it at the CRM Server on CRMTEST01, everything works fine, i can load up the Web Cl...