Managing users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings

Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings?
(Perhaps via AD group policy,  for example)

By "settings" I mean all those settings in the users' personal CRM 4.0 for
Outlook options: eg when synchronization occurs, what gets synchronized,
local data groups etc...;

Thanks!

0
discussions (171)
3/15/2008 2:02:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have the same question, is there no ADM template for CRM?

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings?
> (Perhaps via AD group policy,  for example)
>
> By "settings" I mean all those settings in the users' personal CRM 4.0 for
> Outlook options: eg when synchronization occurs, what gets synchronized,
> local data groups etc...;
>
> Thanks!

0
Jeremy1 (114)
4/25/2008 1:56:05 PM
Same question for me. That would be really nice and convenient.

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings?
> (Perhaps via AD group policy,  for example)
>
> By "settings" I mean all those settings in the users' personal CRM 4.0 for
> Outlook options: eg when synchronization occurs, what gets synchronized,
> local data groups etc...;
>
> Thanks!

For local data groups, have a look at the following:

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/12/14/crm-blog-automating-local-data-query-creation.aspx
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/mscrmlocaldatagroup

The code was written for CRM 3.0, but will need little or no modification
for CRM 4.0.

The other settings are registry keys on the client
--
David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk

"GreenTurtle" wrote:

> Same question for me. That would be really nice and convenient.
>
> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to centrally manage users' CRM 4.0 for Outlook settings?
> > (Perhaps via AD group policy,  for example)
> >
> > By "settings" I mean all those settings in the users' personal CRM 4.0 for
> > Outlook options: eg when synchronization occurs, what gets synchronized,
> > local data groups etc...;
> >
> > Thanks!

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

How to make Outlook 2007 toolbars stay where you place them?
That is my question.. I have a McAfee tool bar in out look and When I move it then exit outlook it is back on a line by itself. I have moved other toolbars and they revert back also. How can I make them do what I want???? Third party add-ins are responsible themselves for remembering the location of their toolbars. Outlook will not remember it for them. There are some ways around this though. For suggestions see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/152 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, Ho...

Creating a user usage log
I'd like to use the Get Login name function as detailed here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm On the form, there is a ComboBox (Combo1) and Command Button. The user selects a text value from Combo1 and then clicks the command button. What I need is to have the form create a recordset consisting of these 3 fields: CurrentTime (or timestamp) Network User ID combo1.value Then with the recordset, append the line to a table in another .mdb Can someone help with the VBA on this? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On-Click event tg112001 wrote: >I'd ...

Upgrading CCRM 3.0 SBS to Professional
Do you have to reinstall CRM if your upgrading from CRM 3.0 SBS (Small Business Server) to CRM 3.0 Professional but staying on the same box? What are the services required, if any? ...

Searching the Dumpster for all Folders and Users #2
Hi Is there any way for an administrator to search all users dumpsters for deleted emails? Any advice would be much appreicated. Thanks B ...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

Limit of attachments in Outlook
Hi! How is the limit of attachment in all versions of Outlook? Thanks for info Jacek ...

Microsoft Money 2004 #4
I installed MM 2004 and now I get Error Caused by a Device Driver. Basicly it tells me to uninstall a "Third Party Product" which is causing this error??? Is Microsoft now a third party to Microsoft? ...

Office 2008 12.3.4 Undate
I just downloaded the new Office 2008 12.1.4 Update.mpkg and going to shut down all office items and let the updater do its thing. ...

messages stuck in Local Delivery queue #4
I have a single user who has intermittent issues sending mail to some of our mail-enabled public folders. I see her emails sit in the Local Delivery Queue on the mail server, and after two days they time out and she gets a message similar to: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 2/6/2006 7:24 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Service Desk on 2/8/2006 7:27 AM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <smtp.mydomain.com #4.4.7> Sometimes message go throug...

Licensed User
I have MS Office 2007 which was preinstalled on a Dell desktop. Diskettes were also provided. I just purchased a laptop and tried to install using the disks (I have my key number). Error message said the number was invalid. Isn't a laptop a "portable device" as defined in the EULA? Thanks for your help. Paula Unger -- Paula Paula, Does CDs of MS Office 2007 say something like "OEM Version"? If so then You should be able to install it but activation may be a problem unless you are prepared to persevere on the phone when speaking with Microsoft ...

CRM Server Requirements
Hi, We are pursuing a prospect that is running NT4.0 and will be upgrading to Win2003. ( and yes we know that we have/should wait til CRM 1.2 before installing CRM) They will run the 'real version' of SQL and Exchange on one box. Even though they are a 'small' company, only 15 users, they aren't going to use SBS. My question is given that the box will be pretty spiffy - P4, 2.5 gighz, dual processors with 3 meg of memory (as prescribed by their infrastructure company) can I install CRM on this same machine? The user guide explains a SBS configuration with up to 25 user...

Multi User Replication...
Would like some advice from people... I have a database here on the network server that is the Replication Master. I have 3 or 4 users that are using "Replicated" versions of the database. What happens if I get more than one user updating the same record. Who wins the replication!? Anyone have any other suggestions!? Right now, it is basically one database being updated locally, then once a week or so, copying the whole 136MB database via VPN to the server to update the old one. Thanx! I seriously hope that this is a split database (frontend/backend) with the backend being the ...

Set Focus on a object in a form
How do I set the focus to a particular object in a form? And can I use a Control Button to allow this in my form? For example I wanted to allow someone to add a new record to my form using a control Button labeled 'Add Entry'. I created a control button to do this with a macro on my form; but I cannot get the focus to return to a specific object. I was able to do something like this in Visual Basic 5.0 but I am not sure how (if possible) using Access 2003. You could use the Tab Order of the form and set the control you want to have the focus to a tab order of 0. If that will ...

Outlook 2007 Categories
When using Categories in earlier versions of Outlook, a message you responded to would automatically adopt the Category you had assigned to the original message. I cannot find a way to make that happen with Outlook 2007. As a result, it takes a lot of time assigning Categories to my sent messages which otherwise would have been automatically assigned. There's a new rule in OL07 that removes by default categories from incoming emails. You can disable the rule. Additionally, since OL07 it is not expected that you want to assign a category to an outgoing email at all. Thus,...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Outlook notification #2
in outlook 2003, we now have that cool little box that comes up when new mail hits the mailbox. Is there a way to set up a different folder to do a similar bubble message? You have to set up a rule. It's one of the action options for incoming messages ----- Philip wrote: ---- in outlook 2003, we now have that cool little box that comes up when new mail hits the mailbox. Is there a way to set up a different folder to do a similar bubble message? ...

Synchronizing Outlook on 2 computers
Hi I would like to Synchronizing Outlook on a desktop & laptop using a home network or internet. Can anyone suggest a program/software that can do that please? -- Martin ���� There are various solutions which you can use but they all depend on the account type that you are using. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/410 and http://www.msoutlook.info/question/241 For a list of sync tools see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/sync -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downlo...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

outlook today home page
My outlook today page did not show any message. When it open I can see I have some message in message panel or calender but it just one second and then blank, did someone can help me this? Please. ...

Excel #4
I have an excel worksheet, that has about 1000 contacts and need to print it on labels, is there a way to convert this worksheet in a word document and then be able to print? Look at "Create labels using the Data Merge Manager" in Word Help. In article <120a501c4426a$b27bc940$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Ariane" <ari_lal@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have an excel worksheet, that has about 1000 contacts > and need to print it on labels, is there a way to convert > this worksheet in a word document and then be able to > print? Ariane It could be done i...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

Outlook 2007 Won't Start.
Installed Office 2007 on Vista Biz, new machine. Every time I start Outlook, it goes into a "configureing Microsoft Office" frenzy. at the end of that, it forces me to reboot. Start outlook again and it does the same thing. On two ocassions, it reports that it cannot locate MSVCR80.DLL but a search in C:\windows shows it is there. I have run a repair twice. Uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. All other office programs seem to run fine. Any ideas?? JohnS Hi Homer, What happens if you launch Outlook elevated? Do you see the same behavior? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posti...

Postcard Mail Merge
I am trying to merge 50 records onto the postcards I have created (4 to a page/landscape) When I print them, they all merge, but you get four of the exact same address per page. How do I have one address on each postcard instead of 4 of each address. I'm going crazy! I read over past questions and it is not just a glitch in print preview, it actually does print 4. I just did it! Can I change a setting somewhere to fix this? I also tried creating my own four per page design with my own merge boxes, but I can not find a way to add the <<next record>> field you need ...

User delete attachments on server?
I'm accessing an Exchange 2003 server via Outlook. Is there any way to strip attachments from messages on the server itself, rather than downloading to a folder on the local hard drive and deleting it there? TIA, S As you are asking about server-side actions, probably best to ask in an Exchange group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sinister asked: | I'm accessing an Exchange 2003 server via Outlook...