Managing Event in CRM System

What is the best practive in managing event in CRM system?  So that it will
be easier next time we want to keep tract of those information? what function
should i use in that system? kindly need guidance. Tq
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you mean managing event attendance,  such as conferences, it depends on
your requirements. You may need an ISV add-on product that extends MSCRM to
handle this. There are several available, including from www.axonom.com . I
have not researched others recently

HTH

Peter

"Zaqry Omar" <ZaqryOmar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the best practive in managing event in CRM system?  So that it
> will
> be easier next time we want to keep tract of those information? what
> function
> should i use in that system? kindly need guidance. Tq

0
Peter

changed lan id for crm user
Our network administrator changed the userid for one of the CRM users. (from domain\user1 to domain\user2). The user is still able to access CRM as the login probably works in the SID for the user. However, some of the reports display the old lan id. I found out that I cannot change this through the crm interface. Is there anyway to change this manually? Will this change affect the user access? Thanks in Advance ...

ntbackup of exchange- events 102 & 104?
exchange 5.5 on nt4 server- I have nt backup schedulde to run at night, in the event logs, it shows events 102 and 104, which is the store stopping and starting the backup. There are also ntbackup events showing the backup starting and completing in 2 hours, so it looks like everything is working, but what are those other events? Which events do you mean ? What are the description of the events ? What does the ntbackup log report ? Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6AA3F41-DC5F-4E0A-89A9-A25DB9696B6D@microsoft...

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

How do you delete an outgoing message that is hanging the system
I've got Outlook 2000 and my wife sent a message from our home account to her office which has attachments, is huge, and is hanging up her home email now. How can I delete this outgoing message? I've tried deleting it normally. What can I do? Try opening the message from your Sent Items (restore it from your deleted items if you can), with the message open click on the Actions menu and choose Recall This Message, this might work. Otherwise, the only other possibility is to log on to your wife's e-mail using a web-based interface such as at www.mail2web.com or through y...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

CRM Server Requirements
Hi, We are pursuing a prospect that is running NT4.0 and will be upgrading to Win2003. ( and yes we know that we have/should wait til CRM 1.2 before installing CRM) They will run the 'real version' of SQL and Exchange on one box. Even though they are a 'small' company, only 15 users, they aren't going to use SBS. My question is given that the box will be pretty spiffy - P4, 2.5 gighz, dual processors with 3 meg of memory (as prescribed by their infrastructure company) can I install CRM on this same machine? The user guide explains a SBS configuration with up to 25 user...

Appointments show as All Day Events
On Outlook 2002, some of my recurring appointments show as All Day Events even though I double-check that they are only set for specific times of the day. Any ideas? I have service Pack 2 and I have had the web site check my system for all available upgrades/updates. I have also searched the Knowledge Base and found nothing specifically similar. This problem is present whether I log into Exchange via a laptop or a WYSE thin client. Thank you for your help. Christopher ...

What good is CRM if it's not integrated?
Is anyone using CRM as a stand-alone product? I don't see much use in a CRM application if it's not integrated with your business data. Even if you're not using the sales module, you still need to maintain your contact information in CRM. Let's say you migrate all of your contacts from Exchange into CRM. Now how do you keep these two separate data sources synched? You add a contact in CRM, you need to manually input it into Exchange. And vice versa. Redundant data sources require duplicated work. Thus, it appears to me that a stand alone CRM implementation is a less th...

Move all replicas in SP2 will move system folders too?
Hi all, Will move all replicas in SP2 move system folders such as offline address book and organizational forms too? I am going to retire the exchange 2000 server and rehome public folder on the new exchange 2003 SP2 server. Thanks for your input. pfmigrate with the /SF switch will move system folders "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2A649D4-1F19-48E5-A20A-4D0155963866@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Will move all replicas in SP2 move system folders such as offline address > book and organizational forms too? I am going to r...

enter calender events so they are in all calenders
How do I enter calender events once, so they populate both standard private calender, and public mailbox calender? See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-mail.asp -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "hokiejoe" <hokiejoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3F654F2-FB11-4BB8-92E7-81FEDC162D5E@microsoft.com... > How do I enter calender events once...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

Can't access CRM home page or reports
When a user trys to access the CRM Home page (http://name_of_crm_server) from IE, the user gets redirected to http://name_of_crm_server/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=0x80049001 and the following error message "User Access Error - The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the system, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned a license. For more information, contact your system administrator." The same thing happens when I try to run reports from Outlook CR...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

CRM 4.0 Performance Benchmarking
I'm a CRM newbie and looking for guidance on how and what to benchmark with CRM 4.0 and what tool or tools to use. The environment consists of seperate CRM server, seperate SQL2K5 server and seperate SRS server. For each of the servers what components would I monitor? I know this seems a bit vague but I'm just not sure where to begin with. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks There is a performance toolkit for CRM 4.0 available on code plex (http://www.codeplex.com/crmperftoolkit/) and here(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5852B14...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

Microsoft CRM integrated with SAP Business One
I am salesmanager for an organization who has implemented SAP Business One. We wold like to use Microsoft CRM/Outlook as our Customer system. Has anyone done any integration? Hi Nils, I-Bolt is definetely something to consider when integrating Biz One with MS CRM. It is a certified SAP development tool that helps integrate third party CRM solutions with Biz One. I know a SAP Business One Dev Partner in the USA working with I-Bolt who can integrate with MS CRM. Feel free to contact me for further info. Mal De Silva mdesilva@softwareadditions.com "Nils Roald" wrote: > I...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

Chart events
Hello I have searched the web to find out how to use events in a chart but without success. I found some code, but it does not work for me. Can someone help me please? Thanks in advance *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Hello, "how to use events in charts" and "found some code" is a bit vague. Maybe you can describe what you would like to achieve? cheers, teylyn kalle;714869 Wrote: > Hello > > I have searched the web to find out how to use events in a chart but > without success. > I found...

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

CRM 3.0 sincronizes all items
When i go to offline mode, the CRM 3.0 client only sincronizes the owner objects. How can i sincronize all objects from all users? Microsoft CRM 3.0 contains a new feature called Offline Data Filters. These filters can be created to pre-filter datasets. By default, for performance and convienence reasons, only the owner's objects are taken offline. You can customize these data filters to take any data accessible to you offline. The interface for creating these filters is similar to running Advanced Find queries. It can be accessed in the Outlook Client, in CRM > Offline Data......

Unable to Install CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
Greetings, I am one lost puppy. I cannot seem to get the CRM 3.0 Offline enabled client install for the life of me. I am attempting to install on to my Vista Client running Office 2k7. I am connecting to my CRM server via a static VPN connection (not that I think the VPN is an issue.....yet) I get 3 errors during the install. Error 1: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.InstallHelpIndexesAction failed. If you ignore this error, the option to search Help will not be available." With 3 options (abort, retry, and ignore) I did find the answer to this issue a while back (have si...

Worksheet management
I'm struggling with worksheet and workbook management. I'm hopeful that someobody has a solution that I can't seem to come up with. I've searched and can't find any mention of this particular issue. I have a workbook with 10 worksheets in it. I have 2 copies of this workbook (one for each of my two clients ;-)). Worksheets 2 through 10 are identical in both workbooks. Worksheet 1 has the "data" for the individual client. The formulas in worksheets 2 through 10 reference the data on worksheet 1, as well as varioious other cells on other worksheets. That is, ...

Help!!! Removing CRM Email Routing Rules
Help! We upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 and we made the mistake of decommissioning our old CRM server and removing the Exchange-CRM connector on our Exchange box before we removed all of the mail forwarding rules through our old 3.0 install. As a result, all the email that used to be forwarded through the CRMRouter@MyCompany.com account is now bouncing back saying: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Subject of Message Sent: 5/21/2009 8:10 PM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: CRMRouter@MyCompany.com on 5/21/2009 8:10 ...