Manager view/access

 Consider a situation where a manager creates an activity(or account) and
assigns it to his sub-ordinates, will the manager still be able to view the
activity(or account) record after change of ownership?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes,

Provided that your security is setup correctly.  The manager is typically
assigned to a higher business unit, and through security you can allow him to
see the records for all the business units below his business unit -
regardless of who the record owner is.

"Niths" wrote:

>  Consider a situation where a manager creates an activity(or account) and
> assigns it to his sub-ordinates, will the manager still be able to view the
> activity(or account) record after change of ownership?
Thank you.
Does the activity disappear from the Manager's list of to-do once he assigns
it to his subordinate? where does he see it then?

"eddieF" wrote:

> Yes,
>
> Provided that your security is setup correctly.  The manager is typically
> assigned to a higher business unit, and through security you can allow him to
> see the records for all the business units below his business unit -
> regardless of who the record owner is.
>
> "Niths" wrote:
>
> >  Consider a situation where a manager creates an activity(or account) and
> > assigns it to his sub-ordinates, will the manager still be able to view the
> > activity(or account) record after change of ownership?

Access -> Excel: How to export fields > 255 characters
Dear newsgroup I have seen that there are a couple of similar threads in other newsgroups and there are also some documents in the ms knowledgebase. Anyhow I would like to know whether it is possible or not to export data from access fields > than 255 characters. My problem is that I have a database containing some product information. Now I have to deliver some of the data to an external marketing platform and they are using excel sheets as standardized data exchange format. I need to put a longer description into one cell in this excel sheet but I only can store 255 characters. B...

IMAP Access to Multiple Mailbox using PINE
Hi all, We are running Exchange 2003, we need to be able to allow users using PINE to access multiple mailboxes (read only), this was possible in 5.5, which we can configure PINE with "AnotherUser" "{exchange.domain.com}Other Users/AnotherUser/inbox", and grant use reviewer rights to that mailbox But this doesn't seem to work anymore in 2003. How can we do this? Many Thanks, Yang ...

Does anyone have a resume database in Access 2003?
I would like to be able to search by keyword, and be able to print them out in Chronological or Skills format. ...

access read only problem
Hi , i created a access data base .. which some other user must clear the data in the table .. when the other user is opening the db its opening as read-only file .. can anyone help me how to get over that ?.. thanks All data editing must be done through forms. No users can open any tables or queries, it is all done using forms. Split the database into a backend and frontend. Give each user a copy of the frontend on their computer and link the frontends back to the only copy of the backend on the server. This is the only yaw you can fix your problem. Jeanette Cunningham "deepak&...

Restricted Access to Add/Remove Programs
I have some XP users in a Win2003 domain/AD environment that cannot access Add/Remove Programs. Attempts to start are greeted with a message indicating the "Add or Remove Programs has been restricted". I cannot find any reason why this should be restricted. I have looked at RSOP for specific setups, I have checked individual computer's registry. I have even gone through all of my GP's to see if there is anything that addresses Add/Remove and there is nothing. Any ideas where this restriction could be hiding? Howdie! RichMac schrieb: > I have some XP users ...

Access 2000 not locking up with 2003 (saved as 2000 ver) file
I have been using MS Access 2000 and 2002 (and prior versions) together for years. MS 2000 and 2002 have had no problems. I just loaded 2003 and now my 2000 users have the following problem (2002 and 2003 have no problems): 1. when the 2000 user opens the database the first time, no problem. 2. after they have opened it once, the database locks up when they try to enter a form with records (i.e., more than just a main menu type form). 3. from then on, the database locks up when they go into one of these forms. These are replicated databases. I've tried just coping the database (cop...

CRM access from the Internet
Hello everyone. I have been trying to get this to work for hours and finally have decided to post in hopes someone knows how to do this: I am currently running MS CRM 3.0 on a AD server (not SBS). It works fine from inside the network. I want to be able to access it from the internet with plain text authentication (I will do SSL once I can get this working!). Microsoft says you have to use a VPN, but in this case that is not pratical or going to work. I made the following changes to the CRM registry: I changed [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM] entries "ServerUrl"=&...

sheet view
First time using this version of excel. All of the column headings are from right to left. How do I change the headings to left to right? Havew looked through all of the tabs and don't see that option anywhere. Thanks Tools>options>international, select the direction you want -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Walt" <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CD1524F-32FA-42C3-BECC-ADE2FB9A79A8@microsoft.com... > First time using this version of excel. All of the column headings are > from > right to left. How do I change the headings to left ...

Access 2007 file format detection through DAO?
Hi all! Not long ago I created a tiny EXE that scans files in a folder and detects the format of the files for some inventory and data consolidation. It works fine for mdb files (2000, 2002, 2003). But it cannot detect Access 2007 format. The EXE is written in Visual Basic 6 using DAO3.6. Below is the code I use, but whenever I encounter an Access 2007 (accdb) it fails at the first line ("3343: Unrecognized database format"). Is there any updates for DAO or any other way I can gather some basic database information from the file? Thanks! Set db = DAO.OpenDatabase(MyFilePathn...

Microsoft Office Access can't communicate with the OLE server.
I was previously able to run access no problem. All of a sudden, I am getting the error 'Microsoft Office Access can't communicate with the OLE server.' Now I have found lots of site that mention this error, but haven't actually found one that discusses resolving it!? http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/errors/ErrorNumber_Description2007.html They mention 'To register the OLE server, reinstall it.' but do not tell anyone how one goes about doing it?! Could someone give me a little hand in solving this issue. Thank you so very much, QB I ...

Outlook asking permission to allow access when forwarding email
I'm using Outlook 2002 and everytime I try to forward an email or reply to an email, Outlook is asking if I want to allow a program to access my email addresses and such. I've got Word 2002 set up to edit my email and I think that's where the issue lies. Recently had some patches installed so I'm not sure if one of them changed a setting. Had the same issue with Palm Sych'ing software but was able to correct that by dl'ing the updated software. How do I correct this for forwarding/replying to email. Thanks for your help. Charles, have a look on this site...

Why Excel is accessing Internet & Slowing Excel Performance
Whenever I have my wireless connection on, every action I perform in Excel is extremely slow and I notice my wireless icon in the tray is activated. It looks like it sending data. The Excel Data is locate on my hard drive, so it should not be looking for anything over the wireless. When I shut down the wireless, the performace of Excel return. Could it be that excel is trying to get to the online help? Tools|options|General Tab|Service Options button Online Content category (modify as you like) -- You can get there through the Help|Customer Feedback Options, too. I should have aske...

Access 2007 and MDE file Question
I have a Access 2003 MDE file that links to an Access 2003 MDB file. I understood that Access 2007 is not able to work with an MDE file. This is according to Microsoft KB article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178973.aspx However, unbenknownst to me, one of my customers somehow installed Access 2007 on a machine and ran the MDE file with it. I saw it with my own eyes! The application had been working fine for years, but now all the sudden they claim it is "losing" data. First, how come it can even run the MDE file? Second, could the Fact that i...

Access?
Can anyone tell me if there is an Access equivalent for macs? In article <283401c42803$db1cb0c0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me if there is an Access equivalent for > macs? There are two *better* (IMO) database apps for Mac (and both are cross-platform compatible): FileMaker Pro: http://www.filemaker.com/ 4D (which is free for academic use): http://www.4d.com/ MS has said that they don't intend to port Access: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=community&page= oursoftwar...

Question: Access & Publisher??
Hi out there... I've an Access database (some data is names/addresses/etc)... and a Publisher template (with 8-10 Styles). I want to make a phone directory. I've tried googling "Access to Publisher"... and came back with alot of Access->Word hits... Didn't come up with anything useful on Publisher-FROM-Access either. Can someone point me to where I should start?? Thanks in advance, Steve What version Publisher? In earlier versions you can use a straightforward mail merge. In Publisher 2003-07 Catalog Merge would be good. Publisher recognizes Access databa...

Access to ASP?
Apologies if this isn't the right newsgroup, but a friend/client has a conventional ACCESS application that he wants to convert to online/internet/ASP. While I've used Access's export function in the past to generate ASP from the tables, I wonder whether there's anything around to do a more comprehensive automatic conversion. I've noted a few ads for such products, and I wonder/hope there's some experience around here that might be shared - with recommendations. We'll certainly consider a commercial conversion project. (I'm just out of time and interest, f...

CRM Outlook Client
Hello All, I was carrying out some testing on the Outlook client and going on/off line. and I have come across the following scenario that does not appear to work. I have two domains, domain one CRMTEST01 holds the Active Directory, CRM Server, SQL Server, Exchange Server, and domain two CRMTEST02 has a seperate Active Directory and an exchange server. Both Domains have a user TestUser1 with the same username and password. There are no trusts set up. I installed the CRM Client onto CRMTEST02 and pointed it at the CRM Server on CRMTEST01, everything works fine, i can load up the Web Cl...

"Coult not find specified object" and "Path-File access error" messages
I am starting to see "Run Time Error 75 - Could not find specified object" and I believe it is related to the modeless Userform that I am using. Here are my modeless userform definitions: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" ( _ ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long Private Declare Function SetWindowLongA Lib "user32" _ (ByVal hWnd As Long, _ ...

manage exchange 5.5
Hi.. we have the following situation. An nt4 server with exchange 5.5 installed and a windows 2000 member server. Is it possible to install management software on the 2000 server so we can manage Exchange 5.5?? thx in advance Ramon I don't see why not as the exchange5.5 admin tools work on windows 2000 pro. >-----Original Message----- >Hi.. > >we have the following situation. >An nt4 server with exchange 5.5 installed and a windows 2000 member server. >Is it possible to install management software on the 2000 server so we can >manage >Exchange 5.5?? > ...

Accessing Favorites in Excel 2003
In past versions of excel when I went to open a file I there was a button on the left side of the window pane that allowed me to click on my favorites. In Excel 2003 this button for favorites is not there...is there a way to change which buttons show up on the open file pane? Evan Already answered in microsoft.public.excel.setup an hour ago. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:17:03 -0800, "Evan" <Evan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In past versions of excel when I went to open a file I there was a button on >the left side of the window pane that ...

TCP ports for MMC management: ESM/IIS
Anybody know what ports need to be open to connect via remote MMC (ESM/IIS)? I'd like to allow connectivity to our frontend from a specific internal host or two. Right now it's locked down hard, so I have to go to the frontend box to make changes. Wasn't a big deal until now, but I'm looking to implement IMF and some other things that will require more regular maintenance, at least for a while. Can't find any documentation on the necessary TCP ports. Do I need to open a range of NetBIOS ports? (yuck) Even if I setup a tunnel, I'll still want to limit those ports. Thanks...

Controlling user access to MS CRM in a Multi-tenant environment.
Hi all, How can i prevent concurrent user logging to CRM concurrently using same logging details. the client has one licence, but other staff members are able to log onto CRM use same credentials at the same time. i want to be able to prevent othe people from logging in if there one already logged in. -- ...

CRM 3.0: Can't display changes in "incidents" view.
Hi, I want to add columns to the incident view. So far, I customized the view in the parameter section, published the changes, but I'm still unable to view the new columns in the "incidents" view. I did an iisreset, even rebooted the server, without success. Any idea? Did I miss something? Thanks for any help. Jeff Which particular view? There are lots of "incidnet" views, perhaps you customised one and are looking at another. You don't need to publish view customisations (unless I'm completely mistaken..), certainly no need for an iisreset or reboot, ...

Access 2000 DB
I need some help... I have several Microsoft Access 2000 databases that after upgrading to Office 2002 they crash. What happens is when you open the database, after several seconds Microsoft Office 2002 crashes with a general "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close." I haven't found any solution for this yet. I've tried running Office in safemode, no luck. These are databases that I've used for the last 3-4 years under 2000 and never had a problem until upgrading to 2002. It's really weird, some of my databases converted over, so...

shut off Auto Correct for Word, Outlook, Excel but not Access ?
My company is using an Access based program. We use an Auto Correct file (*.acl) to post entries: e.g. TT = TELEPHONE TO, CW = CONFERENCE WITH. The problem is that we want these codes to function only when using Access. People are upset when using Outlook or Word and they type in letter combinations and get posting code entries. No one wants to have to keep turning the "replace text as you type" function on and off as we change MS programs. Can I shut off the AutoCorrect function "replace text as you type" in all but Access? Alternatively, is the a way...