Manager grayed out on user setup

After adding a user, I want to change the manager (which is blank at the
moment) but the manager field is grayed out, as a result, I can't change this
field.  Any suggestions?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On the users detail form, go to the Actions menu.  There will be an option there
to change the manager.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:37:07 -0800, idtpes <idtpes@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

After adding a user, I want to change the manager (which is blank at the
moment) but the manager field is grayed out, as a result, I can't change this
field.  Any suggestions?

0
Matt

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Creating a user usage log
I'd like to use the Get Login name function as detailed here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm On the form, there is a ComboBox (Combo1) and Command Button. The user selects a text value from Combo1 and then clicks the command button. What I need is to have the form create a recordset consisting of these 3 fields: CurrentTime (or timestamp) Network User ID combo1.value Then with the recordset, append the line to a table in another .mdb Can someone help with the VBA on this? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On-Click event tg112001 wrote: >I'd ...

How do you setup workflow rules?
I would like to establish a set of rules that will automatically assign a series of tasks that defines our sales process. This process takes a propect through a series of activities in a specified period of time that will move the prospect to a close. You define this throught he Workflow Manager on the CRM server. It is also only available with a professional license. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:53:03 -0700, "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I ...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

Licensed User
I have MS Office 2007 which was preinstalled on a Dell desktop. Diskettes were also provided. I just purchased a laptop and tried to install using the disks (I have my key number). Error message said the number was invalid. Isn't a laptop a "portable device" as defined in the EULA? Thanks for your help. Paula Unger -- Paula Paula, Does CDs of MS Office 2007 say something like "OEM Version"? If so then You should be able to install it but activation may be a problem unless you are prepared to persevere on the phone when speaking with Microsoft ...

Searching the Dumpster for all Folders and Users #2
Hi Is there any way for an administrator to search all users dumpsters for deleted emails? Any advice would be much appreicated. Thanks B ...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Multi User Replication...
Would like some advice from people... I have a database here on the network server that is the Replication Master. I have 3 or 4 users that are using "Replicated" versions of the database. What happens if I get more than one user updating the same record. Who wins the replication!? Anyone have any other suggestions!? Right now, it is basically one database being updated locally, then once a week or so, copying the whole 136MB database via VPN to the server to update the old one. Thanx! I seriously hope that this is a split database (frontend/backend) with the backend being the ...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

User delete attachments on server?
I'm accessing an Exchange 2003 server via Outlook. Is there any way to strip attachments from messages on the server itself, rather than downloading to a folder on the local hard drive and deleting it there? TIA, S As you are asking about server-side actions, probably best to ask in an Exchange group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sinister asked: | I'm accessing an Exchange 2003 server via Outlook...

Report Writer
Hi all, any ideas where to get the list of syntax of all user-defined functions? I'm trying to use RW_Getnote Text and it is so difficult to get the information on how to use it. The help doesn't even mention what parameters are required. Help help! TIA, Sugih Report Writer functions are Dexterity functions starting with RW which have been created by the developer to perform a function not normally available from the Report Writer. They can be added to reports using a Calculated Field as a User Defined function. Starting a with verion 7.0 of Great Plains a suite of Report Wr...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

Outlook Express 6.0 / Spell Check button is gray, will not work. H
Hello. I just downloaded Outlook 6.0 but I cannot Spell Check. What is that about? I have downloaded all microsoft updates, programs. I would REALLY appreciate if someone could help. Thank you so much. David B. do you have Office installed? OE needs office to provide spell check. The Live mail client has its own spellchecker. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

Outlook form as an input tool for a user
What I am hoping to accomplish is to use an Outlook form as an input tool for a user. Upon completion, they send it to a manager for approval. When the manager opens the form, all the input fields are locked and APPROVE and DECLINE buttons become active. Then based on approval or decline, I want the VB script to format an email and sent it. Does what I am hoping to do seem reasonable and possible? Any ideas and code snippets will be appreciated. Thanks! If Exchange is your mail server and the administrator gives you = permission to publish to the Organizational Forms library, this is v...

Worksheet management
I'm struggling with worksheet and workbook management. I'm hopeful that someobody has a solution that I can't seem to come up with. I've searched and can't find any mention of this particular issue. I have a workbook with 10 worksheets in it. I have 2 copies of this workbook (one for each of my two clients ;-)). Worksheets 2 through 10 are identical in both workbooks. Worksheet 1 has the "data" for the individual client. The formulas in worksheets 2 through 10 reference the data on worksheet 1, as well as varioious other cells on other worksheets. That is, ...

Print Setup
When you go on "Page Setup", and then on "Sheet" and you click on "Row & Column Headings" it gives you the row numbers and the column name. Do you know if it is possible possible to get the row number on both the right and left handside??? Never seen the row numbers on the right hand side, but you could create a column with numbers 1 to whatever and include that on your print. -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K <rbeaulieu@lacaisse.com> wrote in message news:1118344094.562456.293470@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > When you go on "Page Se...

Can't manage Public Folders (error c1030af1)
Hello, I am in the process of moving Exchange 2003 Standard to a new 2003 server on our domain. I have successfully transferred all of the mailboxes and I'm getting to the point where I have to re-home the offline address book and public system folders to the new server before removing the original server. When I try to access Public Folders in Exchange System Manager on either server, I get this error: The requested operation is forbidden. ID no: c1030af1 Exchange System Manager While searching for this error I came upon this document from Microsoft, which suggests this is a pro...

Windows Installer launches when user opens new mail
In Outlook 2003, (running XP Pro) after installing the Junk-mail filter update, each time the user tries to open a new message, the Windows installer launches. Whether it is allowed to complete or cancelled the message opens, but the problem happens again with each new message. I've tried the Detect and Repair for Office and it finishes successfully, but doesn't fix the problem. I've checked the properties on the .dat file for the update and it looks to be installed. The user is also running McAfee Internet Security and changes hardware profiles frequently. If I launch in...

Workflow manager, User manager in Deployment Manager
I have intsalled CRM 1.2 from our msdn subscription..with Adventure works cycle license..on windows 2003 server enterprise edition, which also has MS-SQL 2000 server with Reporting Services. I can access the crm web application through IE...but when i try to run Workflow manager or try the User manager in Deployment Manager...i can't connect...i get the message saying that ...server is not responding...may not be crm server.... i tried names, ipaddress, with and without ports...no luck... i am logged on to the machine/server with Administrator account, which i used to install the...

Inventory Management
Dear All, I am not the best hand @ Excel, so would like your help on this. The situation is something like this.... I deal in timber. I receive logs in my log park. When ever I receive a log in my log park, each log is given a unique number and its details liek the diameter, length, speies, volume etc. are noted down. All these dataare then entered into Excel and maintained there in simple Excel sheet, columnwise. Like this i accumulate thousands of logs. The problem ocurs when i ship out these logs. The logs are not stacked in any order. They are just stacked randomly. So, out of thousa...

Check Style Print Setup
I use full-sheet wallet style checks. One of the differences between Quicken & Money is that to print a partial sheet in Money, you have to change the orientation of the partial sheet as it is fed into the printer. What a PAIN! Quicken handles this function better - no reorientation required! Is there a way to change the default Money settings for partial check sheet printing so that the orientation is the same? Apparently not. Why is it a pain? "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:225901c4184f$4a7b3cd0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I use f...