Making Description filed in Closing Dialogs Business Required

Looking to see if there's a way of making the Description field in the Case
Resolution closing dialog box mandatory.  The attribute under the Case
Resolution entity can't be
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Make Default

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Converting Files #5
If anyone can/will convert version 2.0 files so I can open them in 2002, let me know. How many files? I will convert them for you. Are you certain they are 2.0 files. Use to be Publisher 2002 would open these files, but a Window security update cured that. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2502F7A5-3ED5-4E65-8A3C-078E9FEC7191@microsoft.com... > If anyone can/will convert version 2.0 files so I can open the...

Saving excel as htm(l) file?
Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find this in excel on Office 2007. I'm sure it's there but could somebody point me in the right direction as I've tried 'help' but it hasn't helped, as it were ;-) Many thanks Keith (Southend) http://www.southendweather.net On Nov 5, 10:18=A0pm, "Keith (Southend)G" <keith_harr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Another one that I can't find how to do, I used to be able in Office > 2000 do a Save as ~ html, but can't seem to find...

Case Description
I am wondering what others might be doing. We are using service cases and when a problem is encountered where do you put the general description of the case? It would seem to me that the case name is too short so where can I describe the problem the customer is having? I do not see a description field except the notes so thought I would check with others. Thanks in advance. Phil There is a description field within the case entity. It is not display on the form out of the box - need to go to customization and add it to the form. It is a good place to store the details of the case. ...

can not open lib file
hi, if a try to compile a porgramm i get always the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "TranslationController.lib" kann nicht geoeffnet werden --> can not open the lib ....waht do i hier wrong please....??? thnaks You need to locate the .lib file, and make sure msdev is looking for it in the right place by looking in Tools->Options + Directories tab. Jase "Marc" <rote_granit@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013901c3c807$5a8f8fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > if a try to compile a porgramm i get always > the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104:...

Tracking open files
I often leave files open for days and when I have 20-70 open at the same time I run out resources and one invariably locks up, especially a PowerPoint 2007 file. Is there a way that I can have one of my Access databases log all open files using a form's click event so that I can reopen them when the system crashes? This database is always running--can't work without it and so it is a logical place to store a listing of all my open files. Thanks for suggesting a place where I can start developing the code to do this. In addition to PPTX and DOCX, I usually keep a...

Keep losing Outlook.pst File
I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, except that I seem to lose my outlook.pst file every few months for no apparent reason. I have configured all autoarchiving to NO ARCHIVING so I don't think this is my problem. When I search PC for OUTLOOK.PST it ca't be found. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix or stop this happening & where the file is going. JohnT wrote: > I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & > updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, > excep...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003
We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a message saying " You are attempting to open a file type that is blocked by your registry policy settings." Microsoft's solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 This works if we add the reg keys to current user but we are looking for a solution that would apply to all users. When we add the keys to the default user it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Jim <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >We could always open Lotus 1-2-3 file with Excel 2003. However, now I get a >mes...

Losing the Pointer when trying to close Outlook
We are running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Professional. When closing Outllook 2003 by clicking on the X on the upper right-hand corner, the X is grayed out. It is an intermitten problem. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks. Diane Walker wrote: > We are running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Professional. When closing > Outllook 2003 by clicking on the X on the upper right-hand corner, the X is > grayed out. It is an intermitten problem. Do you have any suggestions? > Thanks. > Sorry, but couldn't resist. I was driving during the winter. Had just finished shoveling, an...

Template Files in Word 2007
I have a template that I would like to be available for every document that I open in Word 2007. The template contains both Macros and Styles. With Word 2003 I used to put the file in the startup folder. Do I do the same with Word 2007 or do I save everything to my Normal? -- marcia Macros will work from a template in the startup folder, but styles must be in the document template. It was the same with Word 2003. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web...

making tickets

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Save workbook as a Text file
Hi, I have recorded a macro to store an Excel workbook as a .* txt file. The result from the macro-recorder is mentioned below --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ActiveWorkbook. SaveAs Filename:="C:\Temp\map1.txt", _ FileFormat:=xlTextMSDOS, CreateBackup:=False --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If I carry out above action manually the text is taken over exactly the same as in the workbook, however if I carry out the action by using the above a macro, some data with "quotations ma...

Refresh a form when closing another form
I apologize if this is posted somewhere already, I looked and didn't see anything that exactly matched. I have created a form which serves as a record selection screen to allow a user to edit certain values. Once the user highlights a particular row, they click on a "Edit Record" button. This takes them to a second form which allows them to edit certain data fields. When the user has made the changes, they click on a "Save & Close" button which returns them to the record selection form. I wish to refresh the record selection form, when the "edit re...

Corrupt file after Money Crashed
I was using MS Money '05 when my computer suddenly shut down / rebooted due to some sort of power surge in my house. Regardless, the next time I tried to open my money file (My Money.mny) a window popped up that said "Money has detected that you did not close the file "My Money" before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. If your file is large, this may take a few minutes. Do you want to do this now?" When I click "YES" the progress bar goes to about 25% then an error message pops up saying "The e-mail address or pas...

Organizing workbooks using file folders
Hi I need some some help with organizing workbooks. If anyone can give me an idea about how to organize workbooks through file folders, I would appreciate it Hi ~X Could you be a bit more specific please? What is that you need to do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

closing a form that uses a Dlookup
I have a form I use to enter new production requirements in to a table. On that form I have a the following controls Code Qty Needed Date Needed Plan Date The Code control has the following VBA on the On Exit event: Private Sub fldcode_Exit(Cancel As Integer) Dim varrtgno As String Dim vardays As Double Dim varfstop As Date Dim varplandate As Date varrtgno = DLookup("[rtg_no]", "dbo_imitmidx_sql", "[item_no]='" & [Forms]![frm enter fillroom requirements]![fldcode] & "'") 'Me!rtgno = varrtgno Select Case varrtgno ' some cas...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

creating a new business card
Hello, I used Publisher 2003 for the first time today. I created a business card and all went well until I wanted to create another card. Each time the same information appeared. I exited, didn't save and to no avail... the same information inserted in every card. How can I get the original template box to appear so I can enter new information...thanks. -- Thanks, Trudy If you are using a template the information is Personal Information. You can delete the text boxes the information is appearing in or go to Edit, Personal Information and change the information. I'm not sure...

restrict file sync
Using Windows Home Server with an HP MediaServer and I've got two minor problems: 1. The Server Console says I need to update the HP media collector software on the client side but the client seems up to day (all HP updates are done) 2. I want to restrict the Media Collector to a certain file (F:/pictures) but it will only specify which drives to sync (e.g. all of F:). I can't seem to expand the drop menu in the mediacollector window beyond the root directory. Any ideas? Hi, this is the media center newsgroup, not the media collector group. You need to repost in an H...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...