Making attribute which is a picklist a primary attribute/key

I have an entity with one attribute and is a picklist, I want it to be a
primary attribute but it does not give me that option, it shows only nvarchar
from the drop down list
--
donn
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes you are right, primary field can only be nvarchar. You may change the
schema name of primary attribute at first place but cannt change it's type.
--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com

"Donald" wrote:

> I have an entity with one attribute and is a picklist, I want it to be a
> primary attribute but it does not give me that option, it shows only nvarchar
> from the drop down list
> --
> donn
Donald,

The primary attribute must be a text field. It's a limitation, but you can
do the following as a workaround:

1. When creating the entity, use the default field (name) as the primary
attribute but mark it as not required.
2. Mark the picklist as business required.
3. In the picklist's OnChange event set the primary attribute to the
SelectedText property of the picklist.
4. In the OnLoad event hide the primary field

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

"Donald" <basebo@gmail.co.za> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have an entity with one attribute and is a picklist, I want it to be a
> primary attribute but it does not give me that option, it shows only
> nvarchar
> from the drop down list
> --
> donn

0
Michael
5/8/2007 10:02:14 AM
Thanks very much.How do I code that.Bare with me I'm on entry level
--
donn

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> Donald,
>
> The primary attribute must be a text field. It's a limitation, but you can
> do the following as a workaround:
>
> 1. When creating the entity, use the default field (name) as the primary
> attribute but mark it as not required.
> 2. Mark the picklist as business required.
> 3. In the picklist's OnChange event set the primary attribute to the
> SelectedText property of the picklist.
> 4. In the OnLoad event hide the primary field
>
> --
> Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

> "Donald" <basebo@gmail.co.za> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I have an entity with one attribute and is a picklist, I want it to be a
> > primary attribute but it does not give me that option, it shows only
> > nvarchar
> > from the drop down list
> > --
> > donn

OnChange:
crmForm.all.your_primaryField.DataValue =
crmForm.all.your_picklist.DataValue;

OnLoad:
See "Hiding an entire row of a CRM form" in
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS4.

Replace "your_picklist" and "your_primaryField" with the appropriate schema
names (something like new_picklist and new_name).

Also look at http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13 to get a lot
of additional samples.

Using this code in a Quick Create form may break because it only includes
fields set to business required or recommended. You can solve that by
setting the primary field to business recommended.

--

> Thanks very much.How do I code that.Bare with me I'm on entry level
> --
> donn
>

> "Michael H�hne" wrote:
>
>> Donald,
>>
>> The primary attribute must be a text field. It's a limitation, but you
>> can
>> do the following as a workaround:
>>
>> 1. When creating the entity, use the default field (name) as the primary
>> attribute but mark it as not required.
>> 2. Mark the picklist as business required.
>> 3. In the picklist's OnChange event set the primary attribute to the
>> SelectedText property of the picklist.
>> 4. In the OnLoad event hide the primary field
>>
>> --
>> Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>>
>> Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
>> Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
>> Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

>> "Donald" <basebo@gmail.co.za> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >I have an entity with one attribute and is a picklist, I want it to be a
>> > primary attribute but it does not give me that option, it shows only
>> > nvarchar
>> > from the drop down list
>> > --
>> > donn

0
Michael

Annoying shortcut key sends your email to hell
Ctrl+Enter sends your email - I am always accidentaly hitting this when typing on my laptop, and off go half finished messages to clients etc. is there anyway of disabling this? I have figured out to delay all messages by 1 minute, but that is a little annoying too - surely there is no need for two short cuts to send a message. and one that is so similar to a soft return when creating HTML messages. This is almost annoying enough to ditch Outlook for another email client... No, not possible. Suggestions can be sent by using this form; http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/suggest...

Macro calling shortcut keys
Hello Suddenly on only my last workbook the macro calling combination ctrl+shift+letter does not respond, although it did before. When pressing ctrl+shift a beep is heard and the letter cannot be pressed. Otherwise all macros work perfectly. This situation does not occurr on any other workbook and has never occurred before, over many, many years. Have you tried to look at the macro set to ensure that the hotkey combination is still correct? If you go to Tools->Macro->Macros, highlight the macro in question, and then click Options, it will show you what the shortcut key is (and y...

Make Default

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Writing attributes
Hi, I've created a routine that reads from my sql server and outputs the contents to an XML file. I have two problems. Firstly, if an error occurs (i.e. the user doesn't supply the correct parameters for the stored procedure), I get an error when they correct their mistake saying that the file is already in use. I did try having... Dim writer As New System.Xml.XmlTextWriter(Server.MapPath("getmsgs.xml"), System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) Try writer.Formatting = System.Xml.Formatting.Indented SqlConnection1.Open() sqlNVMGetMsgs.Parameters("@distUID").Value = Reques...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

How to make this report simple? Thanks
How to combine all items to be read better? I mean just now I have 3 products however to each of theme are the same items / Rqst, EG, SP, EG-SP/ and I would like to meka it simplier. July2006 August2005 Group1 Group2 Group3 Group1 Group2 product1 Rqst 4301 0 250 120 75 EG 3560 0 150 80 100 SP 3200 0 120 40 50 EG-SP 360 0 65 30 200 product2 Rqst 100 150 EG SP EG-SP product3 Rqst EG SP EG-SP Thanks a lot for any kind of info. Juraj / mer68@zmail.sk ...

How to make a stacked bar chart using time?
Hi, I have the following data to plot on a stacked bar chart, and displayed as time. Dr X Dr Y Dr Z 02:03 03:00 01:00 00:20 02:00 00:30 00:40 01:00 00:30 02:45 01:00 00:15 02:10 08:13 07:00 02:00 This is time in hours and minutes. I need the result to look like this... Dr.X bar [02:03][00:20][00:40][02:45][00:15][02:10] Dr.Y bar [03:00][02:00][01:00][01:00] Dr.Z bar [01:00][00:30][00:30] where [02:03] represents a colour to represent 2 hrs & 3 mins etc. If I just select the Dr. X data I can get a stacked chart, but as soon as I add either Dr. Y or Dr. Z data the whole chart ...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

How do I make each row add up seperatly? Please make it easy...
I have never set up anything on excel before. My job has always had it ready for me. I want to do this to help me figure out how much I will need for my baking ingredients for the holidays. I thought that I could put a row for sugar, and then for everything I am making with sugar type in 3/4 cup and 1 1/2 cups then at the end of all the sugar items have it add how much I will need. Can anyone tell me step by step how to set this up?? Please make it easy I am not computer smart at all. I'm willing to take this project on! Why don't you email what you have to ng@officear...

making numbered tickets
how can I make numbered tickets for my group without having to pay a printer? There is a template for numbered tickets here (raffle ticket) http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Templates/tabid/38/Default.aspx Consecutive numbering tutorial http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "carmelitahaynes@hotmail.com" <carmelitahaynes@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6068BB43-C2AB-4046-8467-20610ECE66E5@microsoft.com... > how can I make num...

registration Keys on a Test Server
I have done the upgrade to v10. It is now asking for the Registration Keys to activate the additional modules. If I enter these Keys, will it mess up anything for our production enviroment?? Thanks, Crud Assuming your test is on another server or a different instance of SQL, you will be fine. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Crudduncan" wrote: > I have done the upgrade to v10. It is now asking for the Registration Ke...

Vlookup or something more? Trying to make the book intuitive...
Hi there, I hope you can help. I’m trying to make my life much easier by making a currently unwieldy spreadsheet into one that’s a lot more intuitive. Currently I have to enter data twice into the same spreadsheet but I hope to be able to enter it once and have the other sheets automatically update. First, the explanation… This is a spreadsheet that tracks the holidays of a department of 20 people. Currently it fulfils a few functions. First, it tracks each individual on their own worksheet which goes into details (date began/ended, etc). Second, it tracks them all together on an...

Make a window active
Hey all I'm trying to write a script that will make Outlook the active window, whether its minimized or not. It will then send Alt+F4 to close it. I have no idea how to make Outlook the active window. Any ideas? On Jan 26, 11:41=A0am, Matt Longo <justice8...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey all > > I'm trying to write a script that will make Outlook the active window, > whether its minimized or not. It will then send Alt+F4 to close it. I > have no idea how to make Outlook the active window. Any ideas? I wouldn't do it that way. I'd access the provid...