Mail Routing Problems

CRM and Exchange work fine independently.  The Exchange Router was installed
on the Exchange Server and my users are able to send emails out from the
CRM.

The problem is that replies are not getting tracked back into the CRM and
the users cannot promote the emails from Outlook to CRM because the Outlooks
thinks that they are already tracked.

I can't seem to figure this one out.  Please help!

Thanks,

0
Ali
9/30/2003 2:29:57 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are you seeing errors relating to this in the exchange event logs?

"Ali Ersheid" <ali@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote in message
> CRM and Exchange work fine independently.  The Exchange Router was
installed
> on the Exchange Server and my users are able to send emails out from the
> CRM.
>
> The problem is that replies are not getting tracked back into the CRM and
> the users cannot promote the emails from Outlook to CRM because the
Outlooks
> thinks that they are already tracked.
>
> I can't seem to figure this one out.  Please help!
>
> Thanks,

0
John
9/30/2003 3:12:50 PM
I'm seeing a lot of these Warnings:

The redirector was unable to initialize security context or query context
attributes.

Event ID 3034.

I don't know if this is related.

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you seeing errors relating to this in the exchange event logs?
>

> "Ali Ersheid" <ali@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote in message
> > CRM and Exchange work fine independently.  The Exchange Router was
> installed
> > on the Exchange Server and my users are able to send emails out from the
> > CRM.
> >
> > The problem is that replies are not getting tracked back into the CRM
and
> > the users cannot promote the emails from Outlook to CRM because the
> Outlooks
> > thinks that they are already tracked.
> >
> > I can't seem to figure this one out.  Please help!
> >
> > Thanks,

0
Ali
9/30/2003 9:15:30 PM
Anyone seen these problems with email?

> I'm seeing a lot of these Warnings:
>
> The redirector was unable to initialize security context or query context
> attributes.
>
> Event ID 3034.
>
> I don't know if this is related.
>

> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Are you seeing errors relating to this in the exchange event logs?
> >

> > "Ali Ersheid" <ali@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote in message
> > > CRM and Exchange work fine independently.  The Exchange Router was
> > installed
> > > on the Exchange Server and my users are able to send emails out from
the
> > > CRM.
> > >
> > > The problem is that replies are not getting tracked back into the CRM
> and
> > > the users cannot promote the emails from Outlook to CRM because the
> > Outlooks
> > > thinks that they are already tracked.
> > >
> > > I can't seem to figure this one out.  Please help!
> > >
> > > Thanks,

0
Ali
10/7/2003 2:52:02 PM
Ali,
We've got the exact same problem.  Don't know how to resolve it either?
Have ruled anything out or found any solution?  Anyone else?

Jared Frank
Affinigent, Inc.

> Anyone seen these problems with email?
>

> "Ali Ersheid" <ali@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote in message
> > I'm seeing a lot of these Warnings:
> >
> > The redirector was unable to initialize security context or query
context
> > attributes.
> >
> > Event ID 3034.
> >
> > I don't know if this is related.
> >

> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Are you seeing errors relating to this in the exchange event logs?
> > >

> > > "Ali Ersheid" <ali@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote in message
> > > installed
> the

CRM
> > and
> > > Outlooks

0
Jared

Rectangle object in Worksheet not amenable to word indenting and Undo problems
Hi, Using the Drawing toolbar I drew a rectangle ( not a textbox) in my worksheet. I wrote many lines of text in that rectangle like below between the hyphen lines. I note that when I move to a new line in point number 2 just after "report will" then using space-bar doesnt move my cursor to right. Due to that the word "start" lies just below the number "2." in the rectangle. I want the word "start" to lie below the word "All". How do I indent lines within the same paragraph in a rectangle? (Using Tab moves my cursor out of the rectangl...

Intercept ShutDown Event in C# ? Problem with error code 0xC000014
Hi all, I am trying to write application which will intercept ShutDown event and then cancel that even do some backup work and then fire again shut down event. The problem I am facing is that after capturing shutdown event following line does not help me to cancel it completlly: System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(@"C:\WINNT\system32\shutdown.exe", "-a"); So ShutDown seems to be canceld but my application report error code 0xC0000142 in User32.dll, and can not proceed with backup operation. Is there any way to cancel shutdown event and that application have a...

Problem after Changing the Domain Admin password
After changing the password for the domain admin users cannot log into outlook but can open WEBMAIL. If i change the admin password back and restart the the Exhange services everyone can once again log into their outlook. It is Exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 server. The exchange services are set to use the local system account. Any suggestions. ...

Outlook Office assittant problem
hi all When i start and stop the outlook 2000, i am getting the following alert message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run setup in maintenance mode and install at least one character" but by clicking "Ok" , the outlook continues to work. what can be done for avoiding this alet? Thanks and redgs neela The program is asking that the original installation media be placed back in the machine, go to the add/remove applet in the control panel, highlight Office/Outlook 2000, and select Add/Remove. From there it wants y...

Parameter Query Problem 12-21-07
Hi, I'm creating a Paramater Query based on the date of a payment and receipt number for a record which includes 1st payment, second payment, and 3rd payment and 1st receipt number, 2nd receipt number, and 3rd receipt number fields. How do I retrieve only the field results which match the parameter criteria without pulling up other field values of that record which may not fit the search criteria? Thank you for any suggestions. I suggest that you change you table structure to something like this --- Payments --- PayID - autonumber Invoice - (could be SalesID - relates to sale &...

Mail receiving issue
Hi We have a little issue with our exchange server which is bugging me. Scenario is Windows 2K server with Exchange 2K fully updated. Basically the majority of mail gets through to our exchange server and onto outlook for our users, but some of our mail goes to our fallback (priority 10) location. Why aren't all of our e-mails coming through the exchange server?? There are no messages on the event viewer to suggest there is a problem with Exchange. This can happen anytime during the day. Has anyone got any suggestions??? Thanks Simon Simon, When you state that the email goes ...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

imap problems through front end
I am having problems with imap through the front end server. the front end server is in an dmz and back end in the private network. so a user from the public net tried imap through front end using outlook express and gets an error The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. any ideas? even ms support does not even know I dont want to have to relocate my front end server help please Hi Tony, Is the IMAP service running on the backend also? This is a requirement. If IMAP, POP, etc is running on the front end it also needs to be running on the back ...

Inconsistent rule problem
I have a rule set up that automatically forwards specific emails as an attachment. The problem is that sometimes an email will come in the rule will send it off and then the email is marked as read, at other times it's marked as unread. Is there anyway to make sure that the email will read unread until I actually read it? -- ejames See my reply to your post in microsoft.public.outlook.general. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "ejames"...

unsend or retrieving e-mails?
Hello there! Here is a nut for the pros... Is it possible in any way to retrieve sent e-mails? Sometimes - like right now - I am a bit (read: very very) frustrated, because I have sent an e-mail to the wrong person. Once in a while I have sent mails from my draft folder, by mistake too. Are there any ways to unsend such messages or perhaps delete them before they are received on the other end of the line?? I am not alone on this, believe me. Only if you are using Exchange server and are trying to retrieve mail from the same organization that has not been opened. You can try using...

Problem loading outlook
Hi Guys Everytime I start Outlook 2003 I get the following error: A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line:297 Error: Class not registerd. If I click yes I am asked which Just-in-time debugger I want to use. I select Microsoft Script Editor 6.0 and get the following message: An excpetion of type 'Class not registered' was not handled and then the following is highlighted: document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate(); Any help please -- Thanks TJ Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group t...

gmail.com sending problem
hi... i am using a exchange server 2000 all mail send/receive is working properly but gmail.com domain sending problem when any user send mail to gmail domain users of gmail receives quiet late about after 10 hours. Any way to check why gmail domain problem quite late in queue. Thanks in advance If you look at the headers in GMail of a message that was sent from your domain, you should be able to tell from the time stamps where the delay is....once you know where, you can then focus on why... "Hyder Abbas" <Hyder Abbas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Outlook & OWA Language problem
We have a client running Outlook 2003 and IE 6 for OWA. Both clients have the inbox (and several other folders) in spanish. It should be in english. Have checked the local machines for different languages. (yes this happens on every machine she logs into and at home using OWA). We have already run: outlook.exe /ResetFolders outlook.exe /ResetFolderNames These switches did nothing. We also did a repair on the Office 2003 install, uninstalled office and reinstalled it...Still the same. The exchange servers do have anti-virus software running but it's not effecting the other 48,000+ users. ...

Junk E-mail filter #2
The Junk E-mail filter I have learned does not work unless Outlook is running in cached mode. I am not sure I understand why this is so. The server does not provide any filtering, so unless we can put up with the delayed access time in cached mode, we can't have any filtering? Is that right? Or is there some other server-side filtering I'm not aware of? Thanks. Tim Hello Tim, Thank you for posting here. You are right that the Junk Email filter feature only supports in Cached Exchange Mode. However, on the server side, you may use the following suggestion to prevent spam: 1. ...

Mail Merge #4
I have my address book alphabetized by Last Name, then First Name....and in my book it is correct. However, when I merge this listing into a Label set up...the addresses are all mixed up. How can I sort the merge? ? ? Thanks ...

How do I block someone from sending me e-mail?
There is someone that keep sending me e-mail and I want to block them in Outlook, please help. Create a rule to delete the messages as they arrive. tools, rules wizard. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Stargolf" <Stargolf@discussions...

Incoming e-mails going to everyones e-mail account
I am running OfficeXP on a WindowsXP computer. I have set everyone in my family up with their own profile to log-on to our system. I then went into outlook for each profile and set-up incoming\outgoing mail for each e-mail address, in their profile so they can manage their own mail accounts. For some reason all incoming mail can be seen and read from everyone's mail account profile. And if I delete mail it deletes from all profiles. It seems to be putting all mail in a community inbox. What do I need to do to separate mail accounts? Thank You, Deborah "pugger13@nc.rr.com&qu...

Change Color Font on E-mail Signature
I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. Even when I copy and past, it comes out black. Help Hi Ron, i dont know your version. But if you go on your signature under TOOLS|OPTIONS|MAILFORMAT|SIGNATURES|EDIT|FONTS you could create a red line! -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00dc01c47a49$0f82ad00$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. > ...

Summing problem
Hi I have have few columns which have several rows. Each column has been added up using the Sigma tool (S). When I try to add up ( = A+B+C...) those sums I end up with zero value no matter what I do? Any ideas? Thanks Kalevi Hi Kalevi, > I have have few columns which have several rows. Each column has been added > up using the Sigma tool (S). When I try to add up ( = A+B+C...) those sums I > end up with zero value no matter what I do? > Any ideas? > You mean =A10+B10+C10 ? (or =SUM(A10:C10)) Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com Just a guess .. Perha...

Problems downloading transactions #2
For some reason I can't download transactions for my Wells Fargo accounts through MS Money 2007 anymore. It seems that there were two options in the past, 1 was to download them through MS Money for free or 2, pay for Online banking with Wells Fargo which gives you bill pay. Wells Fargo said they don't support option 1 and it was done through MS Money. Is this option no longer available through Money? I recently had this problem pop up, too. Within the past week, whenever I try to download my information through MS Money (as I have for a few years) it has not permitted me to do so...

Sorting Problem 03-19-07
I deleted a previous question on this, but I now can't view the thread. Please accept my appology. I need to start again. Field: DBxInst: ([DBNum]*1000)+[Inst Num] Field: TheSortOrder: IIf([Forms]![boxSeatsForITI]![MySortOrder]=1,[BankName],[DBxInst]) The Sorting and Grouping window contains TheSortOrder. When MySortOrder = 1, the report is sorted correctly by [BankName]. When MysortOrder = 2, the report is not sorted by [BankName], nor is it sorted by [DBxInst], because the value of DBxInst is WRONG. But if I put [DBxInst] in the Sorting and Grouping window instead of MySortOrde...

Message auto defaulted to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor
I have a problem with Outlook defaulting the view to 50% when using Word as the e-mail editor. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks! ...

Strange CListCtrl Sorting problem
Hi All, Here is the situation. I have a list control that get's populated after the user selects an item from a combo box. Each time the user selects a new item from the combobox I remove all the items and add new ones. Now depending on the combo box item selected, the list needs to be sorted or not. So I have a m_Sort flag that get's set everytime the ComboBox selection is changed, and after I populate the CListCtrl I call SortItems if the m_Sort flag is set to true. If the first time I populate the CListCtrl and sort it, then everytime I clear it an add items they are all sorte...

WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT problem from service
I run from service process with user rights (when user is logged) and in this process I create socket (CAsyncSocket::Create(port);). And I get WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT error. When I run this process manually everything is ok. What is wrong? There are issues of server privileges involved. One thing you might try is to use other than the LocalService account to run the service. joe On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:37:45 +0200, ragi <ragi@agora.pl> wrote: >I run from service process with user rights (when user is logged) and in >this process I create socket (CAsyncSocket::Create(port)...

Problems with installing Outlook client user terminal server
Dear all, We are having problems installing the Outlook client on our Terminal service environment. The web client works great but when Outlook is started it crashes straight away and we get error messages in the server event log "There was a problem connecting to the authenticating server". Do you know the "log in" diference between CRM using Outlook and CRM using web client ? Is it possible that the system is trying to log into other services than the web client does typically ? ...