Mail-merge set as default to create activities?

Hello,

After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities
for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes
rather then no.  My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting
to clieck yes!

Thanks,

Katherine
0
K (139)
5/29/2008 1:16:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you have an onpremise deployment then you can go and update the
<wwwroot>\tools\mailmerge\trackactivities.aspx page and move the checked
option from radio button "radNoTrack" to "radTrack".

"K" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities
> for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes
> rather then no.  My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting
> to clieck yes!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Katherine
0
Shashi (18)
6/10/2008 12:40:00 AM
Hi Shashi

Is it possible to force the user to edit the activity details before merging
it. We would like to capture some specific information on the merge and I
want to force the users to edit activity instead of leaving it to them where
they forget.

Cheers
Snow White

"Shashi" wrote:

> If you have an onpremise deployment then you can go and update the
> <wwwroot>\tools\mailmerge\trackactivities.aspx page and move the checked
> option from radio button "radNoTrack" to "radTrack".
>
> "K" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities
> > for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes
> > rather then no.  My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting
> > to clieck yes!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Katherine
0
SnowWhite (57)
7/3/2008 11:47:00 PM
Look under Settings Customize Entity and check into making attributes
of interest business required
Chris
0
chris.cohen (132)

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

Appointment Defaults
Hi there, Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the defaults for new appointments. The main thing is trying to set Reminders to off and "Show time as" Busy. If there's not a standard alternative, would a vba event (ie on new appointment etc.) do the trick? Thanks John I'd think you'd have to change the form itself to change those things. "John" <JohnSickOfSpam@AOL.net> wrote in message news:OIg$ZwCmFHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > Can anyone tell me if there is a way to change the defaults for new > appoi...

Mode function
Hi, I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: =IF(H1028="","",MODE(H1028:H1031)) If the four checked cells all have values but there's no two values the same (i.e. no mode) what I need is an expression that will return me a default value of 2 rather than the #N/A error value. Thanks for looking, Steve. =IF(ISERROR(MODE(A1028:A31)),2,MODE(A1028:A31)) Regards, Stefi „Struggling in Sheffield” ezt írta: > Hi, > I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: > > =IF(H1028="...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

create email newsletter with pictures and hyperlinks using publis
I want to create an email newsletter in publisher that will contain pictures and hyperlinks. Basically, I can do this right in my yahoo email but I can't get the fancy formats like those in publisher. What type of file should I save it as and then how do link it to the email. I've tried doing this several ways including saving it as a webpage or jpg file, publishing the page, and then copying it to the email text --- but that didn't work. What am I doing wrong here? "John Downing" <JohnDowning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49470DF6-A4...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Two sets of data on one chart
I have made a bar chart containing actual dollars on the y axis and months on the x axis. I would like to add a line to the same chart which would represent estimated dollars on the y and months on the x to compare the actual to the estimate on the same chart. Is this possible? The following site should help: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "AYakos" wrote: > I have made a bar chart containing actual dollars on the y axis and months on > the x axis. I would like to add a line to the same chart which would > represent estimated dollars on the y and months on t...

Login Control form authentication to Active Directory (AD)
Hello, We have a form designed using Visual Web Developer (VWD) 2008 (Express Edition), which utilizes the Login control. The form works fine when launched via VWD 2008. That is, when typing in the credentials (username & password) at the Login.aspx form, the account is successfully authenticated against AD, and the user is directed to the Default.aspx page. However, when we launch the site via IIS 7.0 the authentication against AD does not work. If we type in the "correct" credentials, the Login.aspx page simply re-displays (with no error message). This...

create dropdown based on all people Not selectedyet to work onWork
I have a dropdown based on all employee. Once the person is Scheduled to work on a given Workdate (of the record I am Sitting on ) field Name is workdate I would like that name to be eliminated from the dropdown when to new workdate- would LIke drop down to show All People Not scheduled yet for that Given record(workdate that is active) I am seting up a query (recordset) for the dropdown but not sure what to put in the criteria for workdate <>[workdate] get No records or do I reference the Control on the subform the??? me!subformname??? not sure of correct syntax?...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

How to create events in COM interop(in c#)
This is my COM wrapper written in c#. using System.Runtime.InteropServices; namespace SAFE_NAMESPACE_NAME { #region Events raised by your COM class public delegate void Event1Handler(int i, int j); [Guid("C37B4CE2-E6F0-404b-836A-722064BADBF1"), InterfaceType(ComInterfaceType.InterfaceIsIDispatch) ] public interface EVENTS_NAME { // TODO: Insert event handlers for events your class raises here. [DispId(1)] void Event1(int i, int j); } #endregion #region Interface published by your COM class [Guid("117E0536-B80A-45b5-92BA-81B7AF5BAE5E"), InterfaceType(ComInte...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...