lookup link for customer address on account, case, address search

The way the address associations are handled today create tremendous gaps in
the structure of CRM records compared to the structure of integrated
backoffice financial systems records.  What should be trivial integration
tasks lead to a LOT of workarounds and customers frustration.  Here is how we
can improve.

Abandon the idea of hardcoding first 2 address records on the account form.
Add 2 address lookup fields on the account (relationships) that could be used
to select any of the account addresses and expose them on the account form
(still show individual address fields on the account along with the lookup
link).
This will allow straightforward integration to the backoffice systems
without the headaces of different address info displayed on the customer
record in CRM vs backoffice and inability to change the primary address in
CRM once it is set.

Add Address lookup field on the service call.
The vast majority of the customers that use service calls need to track
service calls against customer sites and they do not setup an account for
each customer site, they setup addresses.
Currently we are forced to essentially do account to address integration to
deal with this gap.

Add Address lookup field on the sales order (Installation address) and
display all 3 addresses on the sales order as lookups (just like on the
contract, except still show individual address fields).

Add search and view functionality for address records - expose address as a
real entity in the areas/suareas.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=23ccec08-89c8-47ac-bed3-65fe41faa649&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

I am currently having this problem, is the only way to record the customer
site to create an Account for each Address? have you found anyother method
around this?

"Sergei Bespalov" wrote:

> The way the address associations are handled today create tremendous gaps in
> the structure of CRM records compared to the structure of integrated
> backoffice financial systems records.  What should be trivial integration
> tasks lead to a LOT of workarounds and customers frustration.  Here is how we
> can improve.
>
> Abandon the idea of hardcoding first 2 address records on the account form.
> Add 2 address lookup fields on the account (relationships) that could be used
> to select any of the account addresses and expose them on the account form
> (still show individual address fields on the account along with the lookup
> link).
> This will allow straightforward integration to the backoffice systems
> without the headaces of different address info displayed on the customer
> record in CRM vs backoffice and inability to change the primary address in
> CRM once it is set.
>
> Add Address lookup field on the service call.
> The vast majority of the customers that use service calls need to track
> service calls against customer sites and they do not setup an account for
> each customer site, they setup addresses.
> Currently we are forced to essentially do account to address integration to
> deal with this gap.
>
> Add Address lookup field on the sales order (Installation address) and
> display all 3 addresses on the sales order as lookups (just like on the
> contract, except still show individual address fields).
>
> Add search and view functionality for address records - expose address as a
> real entity in the areas/suareas.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=23ccec08-89c8-47ac-bed3-65fe41faa649&dg=microsoft.public.crm
You can try introducing bit fields on the Address entity in CRM (BillTo,
ShipTo, etc.) and you would need to build logic to map them to GP lookup
fields for addresses on the customer form.
You would also need logic to deselect the current selection for BillTo if a
different address is selected as BillTo.
One way to get around the hardcoded address1_ in CRM is to always populate
address1_ fields with whatever is in the primary address on GP.
If you do that you would want to make sure you create the address1_ record
as an additional address in CRM as well.
You would then map
address1_ to Primary Address field on GP Cust
Primary Address field on GP Cust to address1_ AND the additional address
representing this GP address
You would want to have the GP ignore user disabled so that changes sent to
GP would come back to CRM.
Quite cumbersom, but should work.
CRM4 might make it quite a bit easier if it supports creating Address to
Account relatioships, I have not had a chance to check.
Thanks.
Sergei

"chrisbelfast" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently having this problem, is the only way to record the customer
> site to create an Account for each Address? have you found anyother method
> around this?
>
> "Sergei Bespalov" wrote:
>
> > The way the address associations are handled today create tremendous gaps in
> > the structure of CRM records compared to the structure of integrated
> > backoffice financial systems records.  What should be trivial integration
> > tasks lead to a LOT of workarounds and customers frustration.  Here is how we
> > can improve.
> >
> > Abandon the idea of hardcoding first 2 address records on the account form.
> > Add 2 address lookup fields on the account (relationships) that could be used
> > to select any of the account addresses and expose them on the account form
> > (still show individual address fields on the account along with the lookup
> > link).
> > This will allow straightforward integration to the backoffice systems
> > without the headaces of different address info displayed on the customer
> > record in CRM vs backoffice and inability to change the primary address in
> > CRM once it is set.
> >
> > Add Address lookup field on the service call.
> > The vast majority of the customers that use service calls need to track
> > service calls against customer sites and they do not setup an account for
> > each customer site, they setup addresses.
> > Currently we are forced to essentially do account to address integration to
> > deal with this gap.
> >
> > Add Address lookup field on the sales order (Installation address) and
> > display all 3 addresses on the sales order as lookups (just like on the
> > contract, except still show individual address fields).
> >
> > Add search and view functionality for address records - expose address as a
> > real entity in the areas/suareas.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=23ccec08-89c8-47ac-bed3-65fe41faa649&dg=microsoft.public.crm
You can try introducing bit fields on the Address entity in CRM (BillTo,
ShipTo, etc.); you would need to build logic to map them to GP lookup fields
for addresses on the customer form.
You would also need logic to unselect the current selection for BillTo if a
different address is selected as BillTo, etc.
One way to get around the hardcoded address1_ in CRM is to always populate
address1_ fields with whatever is in the primary address on GP.
If you do that you would want to make sure you create the address1_ record
as an additional address in CRM as well (duplicate record from the user
perspective, you might want to append the name of the one in the address1_
with "-DO NOT USE" so users do not select it on Quotes).

"chrisbelfast" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently having this problem, is the only way to record the customer
> site to create an Account for each Address? have you found anyother method
> around this?
>
> "Sergei Bespalov" wrote:
>
> > The way the address associations are handled today create tremendous gaps in
> > the structure of CRM records compared to the structure of integrated
> > backoffice financial systems records.  What should be trivial integration
> > tasks lead to a LOT of workarounds and customers frustration.  Here is how we
> > can improve.
> >
> > Abandon the idea of hardcoding first 2 address records on the account form.
> > Add 2 address lookup fields on the account (relationships) that could be used
> > to select any of the account addresses and expose them on the account form
> > (still show individual address fields on the account along with the lookup
> > link).
> > This will allow straightforward integration to the backoffice systems
> > without the headaces of different address info displayed on the customer
> > record in CRM vs backoffice and inability to change the primary address in
> > CRM once it is set.
> >
> > Add Address lookup field on the service call.
> > The vast majority of the customers that use service calls need to track
> > service calls against customer sites and they do not setup an account for
> > each customer site, they setup addresses.
> > Currently we are forced to essentially do account to address integration to
> > deal with this gap.
> >
> > Add Address lookup field on the sales order (Installation address) and
> > display all 3 addresses on the sales order as lookups (just like on the
> > contract, except still show individual address fields).
> >
> > Add search and view functionality for address records - expose address as a
> > real entity in the areas/suareas.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=23ccec08-89c8-47ac-bed3-65fe41faa649&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Custom App on top of Dynamics GP
Hi I am new to MS-Dynamics Gp. I would like to know if it is possible to create a custom application say order-system on top of GP in ASP.Net. I would like that new tables can be added into Dynamics SQL Database and data can be linked between custom application tables and existing GP tables. As I understand eConnect can be used to query existing database, but how exactly I dont know that? Any help in this matter will be apprecaited. Also the table naming in existing GP database is not clear enough and not intutive. Sorry if the question seems too trivial, but I am new and dont have any...

Wrong passport email address is in logon window upon opening Money.
>-----Original Message----- > >. >I forgot to add info here... The situation is that upon opening Money my old passport email address is displayed in the sign on page. I have changed the passport information in Money and change my passport profile within Passport. But, I can't figure out how to get Money to stop displaying the old address upon opening. Any help would be appreciated If its Money 2004 try File/password manager Previous editions - not sure "Perry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065701c3ab26$9b7949b0$a3012...

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

Link Excel cell data to Powerpoint text boxes
Hi there I am using Excel 2002. On cell A1, I have text "Apple", On cell A2, I have text "Banana". I also have a powerpoint file with two text boxes What i wanna do: 1) To create a link between this Excel file and this Powerpoint files. So, that, "Apple" will appear in one text box in Powerpoint, and "Banana" will appear in another text box. 2) Also, whatever i change or update the Excel cell e.g. "Apple", it will be changed in Powerpoint automatically. Any tips? Thanks a lot. cheers:) Jon Peltier a Excel MVP has a macro that will d...

SBS Exchange resets clients default email account
Hello, We have just deployed an SBS 2003 server and our client uses the built in Exchange for intra-office email only. A few select people have an external email address from an external ISP and they are setup in their individual PC Outlook profiles. These people would prefer their POP accounts it to be their default email account. However, everytime they restart their PC Exchange makes itself the default email account. So what frequently happens is these users send out emails only to bounce back because its trying to send external email using exchange. So they have to change their def...

Additional Address Book
I have a separate address book in my Outlook 2007 contacts, but when I'm in that address book I cannot create a distribution list because the only option I get when clicking "Select Members" is my basic address book. "Help" tells me I can change the properties to allow the additional address book to show, but I can't find where the instructions are to do that. Can someone please help. Since Outlook does not have an address book, you need to clarify what you mean by that term. Contact data can only be created in Contacts Folders, and you can certainly cre...

How do I get entries from Contacts to Address Book?
I imported PST files (everything) on new w2000/Office 2000 PC. I have my Contacts, but there's nothing in the Address Book. How do I get the Address book to use Contacts? Corporate Workgroup Mode? Right click the Contact folder. Left click properties, Left click the Outlook Address book Tab. Is the option to show this folder as an Address book, checked? If is is gray, the Outlook Address book service is broken and you need to reinstall it by.... Click tools, Services. Remove the Outlook Address Book Service. Add it back in. Close and reopen Outlook Check the Address book now. "Dav...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

Exception when using Notify User alerts in custom view
Hello all! One of our users have found an error when he tried to setup notify user alerts from a custom list whenever there are changes on the list items included in a custom list view. Exception occured. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DIS_E_EXCEPTION)) Looking at the logs, we found the corresponding entry: Watson collection started: Windows SharePoint Services 3, ULSException12, w3wp.exe, 6.0.3790.3959, 45d6968e, onetutil.dll, 12.0.6327.5000, 48a405c4, NA, b51c6, c0000005, 837l Any clue to what have triggered this problem? Thanks! ...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

Can't change account ownership
We recently had a employee leave the company and a number of accounts were assigned to him. His userid has since been removed from Active Directory and now CRM won't let me to reassign the ownership of any of those accounts. I get an error stating "The selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and Active Directory." Is there any way to force changes in the ownership? If you contact MBS support, there is a hotfix that will allow you to do this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ------------...

Automatic Updating of the Address book
Hi All, I wish to know if it is possible to send an e-mail, that can be configured to update the receivers address book with me details. I am in the middle of changing over ISP's, and will be sending all my family and friends an update. The last time I changed e-mail addresses (but stayed with the old provider) I kept getting e-mails via the old ISP. This time I can not stay with the old ISP, and will be cutting it completely. So as to prevent them sending to the old ISP, I, as mentioned above, want to see if I can update their address-book. Thanks in advance Kevin & Natalia On ...

Portfolio Manager / Customizing
When I customize Portfolio Manager, Money finish leaving the screen with no columns. I tried to comeback to the defaut view, but no changes happens when I finish the customize and back to portfolio manager. Sometimes the "sorry, but a internal..." appears. I can't go to the Portfolio Manager again, except if I back up an older file. Thanks, Marco The Money version is 2006, naturally... "MarcoJes" escreveu: > When I customize Portfolio Manager, Money finish leaving the screen with no > columns. > I tried to comeback to the defaut view, but no changes happ...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

OE6
Using OE6 on XP, I want to order the mail account synchronization. I've changed the "friendly" account names as suggested, but that doesn't work. Any other ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlo...

How do I link to individual messages in my .pst file?
Using Outlook 2000 SR-1 in an Exchange Server environment. I can get a unique Message-ID for my messages from the Message Options, Internet headers: box in the form <numberstring@server-domain.systemhost.net>. I presume this is a constant and does not change regardless of where the message is subsequently moved to within my message filing system. I want to be able to refer to, and ideally link to, individual messages in my .pst file on my PC and the Exchange Server from documents held on separate servers. Can I make a link using the Message ID? If so how? If I am able to link to thi...

linking tables from different Access templates?
Hello I have been playing with Access 2007 and am at the stage of almost being ready to ditch the "toy" database and prepare the real thing. I have been working on a database set up for us which has worked well but is showing its limitations (and highlighting mine!) I like the look of the Access 2007 Contacts and Events templates which, with some tweaking, could work well for us. My question is - is it possible to link the Contacts table with the Events table created in the templates? At the moment, I have an Events table (which includes various information abo...

Custom CRM reports
I am struggling to find good documentation on how to create custom CRM reports. Can someone point me in the right direction? TIA, -Cliff The best resource is going to be a book on Crystal reports. There are a lot of them out there. If you have Crystal installed on a client machine, and have successfully installed the Crystal Enhancements for CRM (on one of the CDs that came with CRM) and connected to the CRM APS database, then I would start by opening a canned report and deconstructing it. Tweak it to make some minor changes and gradually add formulas and parameters and the like. Her...

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

Repost- account list balance and ending balance different amounts (in MONEY 2004
When I click Account list my bank balance shows an amount say "A" dollars.. but when i go to the particular account the ending balance is not "A" dollars but "B" dollars. Why is there a discrepency?? Also the cash flow takes the "A" dollars into account while computing instead of the current ending balance "B". The difference is "B-A=C dollars" Could it be because i cancelled a electronic payment of "C" dollars and marked it void in the account and then deleted it later thanks nithya ...

linking comments to appear in cell at same time
Is it possible to have comments for cells, appear in a seperate cells or worksheet as data as they are added like link function ? I have tried in some other work a code similar to the following code in vba Range("d2") = Range("a1").Comment.Text but I am not aware whether it can be linked. perhaps a event code with sheet_change can be attempted. MarkM <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79715F8-04A9-460C-A00C-5FDFEE2DBA5F@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have comments for cells, appear in a seperate cells or > worksheet as data as t...

how do i set up email accounts such as yahoo, gmail, aol...?
how do i set up my outlook so i can recieve all my emails from all of my acounts, yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol, and a school email? jake wrote: > how do i set up my outlook so i can recieve all my emails from all of my > acounts, yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol, and a school email? Follow the instructions provided by the e-mail provider regarding the server names, ports, account info, etc. and where do i find those? i have searched the sites, such as gone on to yahoo and google and could not retrieve th information "VanguardLH" wrote: > jake wrote: > > > how do i...

Custom LegacyExchangeDN #2
Does anybody know how to create Exchange mailboxes in Exchange 2003 mixed mode with a non default LegacyExchangeDN? By default it gets created as “o=Organization/ou=Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=userid” I would like it to be “/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Exchange/cn=employeeId”. This is so the ADC could replicate the mailbox in 5.5 following the same standard that we have been using for years and still have some dependency on the keeping the same hierarchy in 5.5. ...