localization of CRM 3.0 user interface

Can a single installation of CRM 3.0 simulatenously support users in multiple
languages?  I know CRM 3.0 is available in a variety of languages, but in my
scenario its a global company wanting to deploy a single instance of CRM 3.0
whereby the UI would be dynamically translated for CRM users in different
countries.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Not yet.  It's been mentioned at various Microsoft events that version 4
will have multi-language support.  Currently Q2 2007 release date I think

Dave Ireland

"dMo" <dMo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can a single installation of CRM 3.0 simulatenously support users in
> multiple
> languages?  I know CRM 3.0 is available in a variety of languages, but in
> my
> scenario its a global company wanting to deploy a single instance of CRM
> 3.0
> whereby the UI would be dynamically translated for CRM users in different
> countries.

0
Dave
7/20/2006 6:55:22 PM
"dMo" <dMo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Can a single installation of CRM 3.0 simulatenously support users in
> multiple
> languages?  I know CRM 3.0 is available in a variety of languages, but in
> my
> scenario its a global company wanting to deploy a single instance of CRM
> 3.0
> whereby the UI would be dynamically translated for CRM users in different
> countries.

Yes, this is possible by an Multilanguage-AddOn I developed for one of my
customer in Swizerland.

Technically you need for each language one CRM-Server Deployment, but only
one SQL Server Database.

Best regards
J�rgen
--
J�rgen Beck
Dipl. Kfm./Wirtschaftsinformatik

Jurgen,

If you have multiple CRM server implemented then isn't it really multiple
CRM instances and therefore no need to do any add-on's?....Perhaps you can
clarify.....

I have a similar situation....my client is in both U.S. and Europe and may
need to localize for Europe via multiple business units within single CRM
server instance.....

--Jason

"Jürgen Beck" wrote:

> "dMo" <dMo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> > Can a single installation of CRM 3.0 simulatenously support users in
> > multiple
> > languages?  I know CRM 3.0 is available in a variety of languages, but in
> > my
> > scenario its a global company wanting to deploy a single instance of CRM
> > 3.0
> > whereby the UI would be dynamically translated for CRM users in different
> > countries.
>
> Yes, this is possible by an Multilanguage-AddOn I developed for one of my
> customer in Swizerland.
>
> Technically you need for each language one CRM-Server Deployment, but only
> one SQL Server Database.
>
> Best regards
> Jürgen
> --
> Jürgen Beck
> Dipl. Kfm./Wirtschaftsinformatik
> MVP for Microsoft CRM (Second Competence: Visual C# .NET)
> MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT
> Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Master - Microsoft CRM Developer
> http://www.Juergen-Beck.de
> http://www.mscrm-community.de

Error installing Dutch CRM
Hello, The problem I have is that I can't install the Dutch version of Microsoft CRM on a Windows 2003 server system (dual PIII 733). Installing the English version is no problem (using a detailed Knowledge Base article). Installing the Dutch version halts on the ability of the setup program to create the SQL database(s). I also tried to first install the English version, de-install it, and let the setup program of the Dutch vesion use the SQL databases that were created by the English version installation, but that failed on an error stating that setup was unable to convert the SQL datab...

User Defined Function
How can we set descriptions for the arguments in a user defined function? ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi maybe the free-addin FUNCUSTOMIZE.DLL is what you're looking for (http://longre.free.fr/english) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hanaahhag wrote: > How can we set descriptions for the arguments in a user defined > function? > > ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com > Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! ...

importing oe6.0 files into outlook2003
I just purchased outlook 2003 and when I tried to load my old personal folders from outlook express I get this error: The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close it and try again. The old personal folders are .dbx and I need to convert them to .pst. Has anyone come across this problem? On Sat, 1 May 2004 09:54:14 -0700, "matt" <matt_windermere@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just purchased outlook 2003 and when I tried to load my >old personal folders from outlook express I get this >error: > >The mail folder co...

Import Moneycounts 9.0>Money 2003
Is there a way to import Moneycounts 9.0 accounts and transactions into Money 2003? I know nothing about MOneycounts, but does it have any export options? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Silent Installation of CRM Client for Outlook
How can i Script the installation routine to install CRM Client for Outlook in Silent Mode? ...

MS CRM Integration with
Does anybody know where I can find a usefull newsgroup regarding the MS CRM Integration with Great Plains? I have searched on google and also on this site, but I can not seem to find self-help. My last resort, of course would be to call MS. My problem is that I have implemented MS CRM Integration with Great Plains 1.2 and everything worked fine except for Invoices. New Invoices that get created in MS Great Plains, migrate over to CRM just fine. The problem is that I do not see the old invoices from Great Plains in CRM. I have used the scripts supplied with the software but still, no his...

how do I disable mekorma micr for a user?
it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks she is using it. we no longer use it. I see that through the security/permissions you can. and she still is disabled but she gets the window saying that it is not installed when she tries to print checks. so something is not completly disabled at this point even though she has not been getting this message for months now after mekorma was first disabled for her. "database setup not complete error messag" wrote: > it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks >...

deleting users using VBA
Is it possible to delete users from the Access Workgroup file using VBA? I want to do a lot and the User and Group Accounts window in Access is very tedious, designed more for adding/deleting a few names at a time. Thanks in advance. I found this a while back. I hope it is what you're looking for. Public Sub DeleteUser(strUser As String) ' Delete a user ' Source: Graham R Seach - MS Access MVP ' http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.access.security/browse_thread/thread/3527785593af7279/b0d043a4d1dd6886 On Error Resume Next DBEngine(0).Users.Delete s...

Need to make a drop down list of 3 items that input a value in ano
I have a savings calculator that i am working on. we have three products that i would like the user to be able to select from. basis their selection from the drop down list, i would like a corresponding value to go into a certain cell. how do i do this??? To create the dropdown list: - select the cell where you want it to appear - select Validation from the Data menu - choose List - you can either type in the list of items, separated by commas, or use the grid button next to the textbox to select a range of cells that has the list of products - click OK To populate the other c...

Deleted SystemMailbox user account
Hello all... I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows 2003. Some kind soul was deleting disabled accounts, and blew out the SystemMailbox accounts as well. The actual mailbox is still there, so it's possible that the user account (now tombstoned) may be recoverable. If I right-click on the mailbox, I have the option to Reconnect it to a user account. Is there any reason why I can't re-create the SystemMailbox account, following the instructions in Microsoft article 316622, except without creating the mailbox? Then, reconnect the existing mailbox with the new user account. I un...

Excel file opened as read-only, if saved by another user
I have two users defined in my XP system. Let'c call them "A" (admin) and "B". If I save an excel file in the Shared Folder as user "A", then user B can only open it as Read-only. However, if user B saves it, then user A has no problem in open it as a read/write file. It hasn't always been like this, in the past I had no problems in updating this file regardless of how I logged in. Why does this happen? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be updated? How can I correct it? Rgds, GeEf GeEf, Open the file, (either user) and look in the Share Fi...

Localization dll
Hi, I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different countries. I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the localized version. It uses the standard language. Does anybody has a sloution? Thanks, Martin On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:44:00 -0700, martin <martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different >countries. >I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the >localized version. It uses the standard language. > >Does a...

0's to blank
Hi, I'm summing from several sheets and some don't yet have entries. On my total sheet I want those cells that yet to have a value to show blank and not a 0. How can I accomplish this? Thanks for your help! Hi Don, " I'm a newbie or less" This is from my total sheet and adds all entries from the next 21 sheets, so far, into this cell. A 0 appears in the total of a cell if there is no entries in any of the other 21 cells. I just want nothing to appear in the totals cell if nothing has been entered. (formula below) Thanks in advance =SUM('Sh...

CRM Workflow Webservice 80042803 not found in assembly
Hi I'm having trouble calling methods in my custom webservice from a MS CRM 3.0 WorkFlow Rule using the "call assembly" action. When the call occurs, the workflow event viewer reports: Action: TEST:TEST Status: Fail Description: Error code = 80042803. Type http://Prodigy01-SBS:5555/crmext/CustomWebServices/InfotekCRM2003 not found in assembly InfotekCRM2003.dll. My GetVersion() method takes no parameters and returns a string. I know the webservice works because I can access this method via Internet Explorer. All the dlls for the webservice have been copied into C:\Program F...

Getting quotations out of CRM
I'm curious...has anyone implemented a customization that allows a user to print a quotation from the Web Client? I don't mean printing the quote header info, but an actual quotation that includes a cover letter and the products that make up the quote. Rafael Gomez TurnkeyCRM www.turnkeycrm.com This is at least the third person asking something similar to this. I hope that Microsoft are listeningas it seems to be an amazing oversight if this is not possible. Gill >-----Original Message----- >I'm curious...has anyone implemented a customization that allows a user to pr...

Tracking CRM 3.0 Campaign Responses
I am trying to create, distribute, and track all campaign responses from MS CRM 3.0. I have successfully accomplished the following steps 1. Create Marketing List 2. Create Marketing Campaign 3. Attach the marketing list to the marketing campaign 4. Create a new campaign activity. The activity that I have created is "E-mail via mail merge". 5. I have then distributed the email (via mail merge). 6. I have received a response from the campaign with a CRM tracking token from the campaign. 7. I have clicked the 'Track in CRM' button to promote the e-mail. In the regarding field,...

Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses.
Hi, Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses. We meet such problem,but don't know how to resolve it. The below is the detail: We have a local mail system based on iMail system;On another side,the mail system is based on Exchange system.On this Exchange system,there're several DLs,which include some our local email addresses. While we send mails to these DLs,we often got such returned mails: The returned mails' content is: From: postmaster@us.com [mailto:postmaster@us.com] Sent: 2006.4.11. 12:08 To: xxx@xx.local.com Subject: D...

can there not be mutiple users on outlook?
I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Create separate "Identities" - check help. "AprilWhitney" <AprilWhitney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:277424BA-ED85-4350-A7DF-A34E1D8D9382@microsoft.com... >I am logged in on my name but when I try to send email from outlook (trying > to figure out how to use it) it says its coming from my husbands email? Outlook does not use Identities, it uses profiles, depending on the version and mode,...

CRM 4.o
Does anybody knows where I could find info and screenshots of the coming release (CRM 4.O. Titan)? We have CRM 3 and by the end of August I have to decide about the renewal of the related SA. We are not interested in the hosted option and, maybe because we use it with SBS 2003, our overall experience with CRM 3.XX so far has been far from great. TIA Stefano Hello Stefano, All partners participating in Titan program had to sign an NDA, meaning no one can share info about this release nor the private discussion groups. But you can expect major changes that will certainly lead the softwar...

Localizing ddv error messages
Hi, I've been given an application to maintain which links statically to the MFC library. In all the dialogs of the application, if invalid data is entered, the ddv routines generate error messages in French, even though the language propert of all the dialogs is English (U.S.) and my project options include "/l 0x407". If I link dynamically to the MFC library, all error messages are generated in English. Is there a way I can link statically AND have English error messages? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Linda "Linda Marcellus" <linda.marcellus@novate...

Can't open CRM
I am unable to open CRM using IE 6.0 on Win XP however it opens fine on any Win 2000 box. The specifics of IE on my XP machine are as follows Version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 Cipher Strength 128 bit Update Versions SP1; Q823353; Q832894; Q831167; Q867801 As soon as IE begins to open CRM it immediately shuts down and closes the browser window. Any ideas on how to fix this? Dear Robert, Please check your pop-up blocker settings! Regards, Merijn "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e8101c48ab2$bfde3880$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am...

exchange enterprise good for crm?
just a clarrification...does CRM work well with exchange enterprise??? ...

read receipt on crm e-mail
Hi, How can we make read receipt enbaled in crm e- mail , so that we know that if the customer has read the e.mail or not? Sometimes we have to send important contract and we want to make it sure that customers have read the e-mails. any help or suggestion? Aami ...

Error when sending messages : 550 not local host
I have outlook 2002 and keep getting returned mail with the above error even know the mail somtimes gets delivered what causes this is it the ISP? It is the ISP not allowing you to relay through their servers. Set your outgoing server to authenticate. Open the Account properties and on the server tab, check the option for the outgoing serverto authenticate. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: Brogers@autotote.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I ha...

Insufficient Permissions Promoting Email In CRM 3.0
I have one CRM user who no longer has the ability to promote an email. The user receives the following message: "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? If you click yes the email will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM". We are current in our rollups, but that does not seem to have made any difference. This user had been able to promote items up until recently and the...