Local Data Groups - Group Policy

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline
clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to
each outlook laptop client?

Jo Savidge
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs
onto the domain the SFO client will be installed

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft

"Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline
> clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to
> each outlook laptop client?
>
> Jo Savidge

0
John
7/28/2006 4:37:49 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for your response.

I appreciate that it is possible to install the SFO client via a group
policy.  However, once installed, is it possible to push out local data
groups to all SFO users?

Jo Savidge

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs
> onto the domain the SFO client will be installed
>

> =======================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
> http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft
>

> "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline
> > clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to
> > each outlook laptop client?
> >
> > Jo Savidge

no, the users need to initiate the process. You cannot force a push of data
out.

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I appreciate that it is possible to install the SFO client via a group
> policy.  However, once installed, is it possible to push out local data
> groups to all SFO users?
>
> Jo Savidge
>
> "John O'Donnell" wrote:
>
>> You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next
>> logs
>> onto the domain the SFO client will be installed
>>

>> =======================
>> John O'Donnell
>> Microsoft CRM MVP
>> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>> http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft
>>

>> "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for
>> > offline
>> > clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going
>> > each outlook laptop client?
>> >
>> > Jo Savidge

0
John

How to summarizing table data
How do I summarize table data? Any step-by-step instructions or a tutorial for this? If so, I would truly appreciate knowing the availability. Jan :) Perhaps a bit of explanation along with examples would help. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jan :)" <abuse@localhost.invalid> wrote in message news:uIan%23t43IHA.4272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How do I summarize table data? Any step-by-step instructions or a > tutorial for this? If so, I would truly appreciate knowing the > availability. > > Jan :) I ...

RePost Summing Data In A Report
I posted this back on the 16th October with no response, I hope someone can help this time. I am trying to write a report where records are selected for pieces of equipment. In a linked table I record the date and amount of oil added to each piece of equipment. If the oil is completely changed out I record the date of the oil change, the amount of oil added and tick a check box to indicate that the oil was changed. I have a report that shows the details for each piece of equipment. I need to add a sub report to sum the oil added from the last time the oil was changed, not including the ...

Updating changed data transactionally
..NET 3.5 Hi, I have a series of dynamically generated textboxes. Each textbox represents a single row in a database (element based datastructure for non-standard data). I have successfully managed to update only changed textboxes on postback by handling the TextChanged event on each one. I now have a requirement to make these changes transactional and I can't see how to do it. I now want to handle the updates of all changed data in the click event of the Submit button, but I don't know how to access the TextChanged information from another event. can anyone help? ...

Pasting web page that Data>Text to columns won't fix very well
I am pasting a web page (such fun!) to Excel, using Paste Special an the Text option. It gives me the information pertaining to each item that I want sprea into two rows, which slighly complicates things to begin with. Ther is also information in each row that is not easily separable by usin the Data>Text to columns, without using that tool over and over an over and over and over. I'd like to know if anyone can help with a formula/formulas to tak this text, separate it out into columns all on the same row. Or mayb a macro. I am not concerned with appearance, as all the informatio t...

Localization dll
Hi, I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different countries. I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the localized version. It uses the standard language. Does anybody has a sloution? Thanks, Martin On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:44:00 -0700, martin <martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different >countries. >I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the >localized version. It uses the standard language. > >Does a...

How do re-order values assigned by Excel for chart data?
I am creating a chart to compare values year over year. Ordering in the worksheet reads Dec-Jan Left to Right. When I select the series in chart wizard, excel is assigning Jan as value 12, Feb as value 11, etc with Dec as 1. Then I attempt to add Jan and Feb of 2006 and it assigns Feb as value 1 and Jan as value 2---therefore comparing it to Dec and Jan of 2005. Any ideas on how to change the way excel is reading these values? Thanks Tell us how the data is layout on the worksheet and where the "new" Jan is entered. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengm...

Add 1 hour to data
I have data 1 tru 200 with time "12:01:04". How can I add a hour to read "1:01:04" so when they move the clock in March '10 I will have the correct data. Thank you -- smile Try in B1: =A1+"1:00:00" Copy down Success? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "israel" wrote: > I have data 1 tru 200 with time "12:01:04". How can I add a hour to read > "1:01:04" > so when they move the clock in March '10 I will have the corre...

Exporting EXCEL data in text (cvs) format
Is there no way to export EXCEL data to a text format e.g. cvs : "StringField1","StringField2",NumericField3,NumericField4,"StringField5" etc.? You can import from this format, why no export? Any work around? I'm the first person in the universe who wants an importable text version of his EXCEL data? Thanks! Woops! I didn't see the other options in the save as pulldown list. Sorry! Don't bother! "Simon Wigzell" <simonwigzell@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:2FCNb.115599$X%5.16110@pd7tw2no... > Is there no way to export EXCEL da...

Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses.
Hi, Got returned mails while send mails to a outside DL which include our local mail addresses. We meet such problem,but don't know how to resolve it. The below is the detail: We have a local mail system based on iMail system;On another side,the mail system is based on Exchange system.On this Exchange system,there're several DLs,which include some our local email addresses. While we send mails to these DLs,we often got such returned mails: The returned mails' content is: From: postmaster@us.com [mailto:postmaster@us.com] Sent: 2006.4.11. 12:08 To: xxx@xx.local.com Subject: D...

Localizing ddv error messages
Hi, I've been given an application to maintain which links statically to the MFC library. In all the dialogs of the application, if invalid data is entered, the ddv routines generate error messages in French, even though the language propert of all the dialogs is English (U.S.) and my project options include "/l 0x407". If I link dynamically to the MFC library, all error messages are generated in English. Is there a way I can link statically AND have English error messages? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Linda "Linda Marcellus" <linda.marcellus@novate...

data access page list limit?
Just recently delved into data access pages. Everything works great except one thing. I have a list of 1900 accounts that field reps can choose from in a drop-down box, after which the group level should populate the rest of the page with appropriate account information for the one selected in the list. All 1900 list items appear in the drop down. Selecting accounts 1-200 work awesome, with the group level populating every field as it should. Yet selecting any account after the 200th one in the list shows no data on the rest of the page, each field remains blank, from accounts 201-...

Help! Excel 2000 Template Data Tracking
I created an Excel 2000 Template with a linked Database using the Template Wizard add-in. I need to remove the Database from this Template. I have deleted sheets, saved under a new name, copied and pasted the workbook and I still get the Databse link pop up everytime I close the workbook! How can I remove this link?? ...

Error when sending messages : 550 not local host
I have outlook 2002 and keep getting returned mail with the above error even know the mail somtimes gets delivered what causes this is it the ISP? It is the ISP not allowing you to relay through their servers. Set your outgoing server to authenticate. Open the Account properties and on the server tab, check the option for the outgoing serverto authenticate. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: Brogers@autotote.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I ha...

Data Validations contingent on each other
I have two data validation list cells - cell $D$15 (has the option of blank or "affiliate") and cell $E$72 (has the option of blank or 1% - 10%). When cell $D$15 is blank, there are no restrictions on cell $E$72. However, when cell $D$15 is "affiliate", I want cell $E$72 to default to blank & not allow any other options. How can I accomplish this? Thanks. -- Cathy Hi Cathy Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html -- Regards Roger Govier "cathy" <cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

using Vlookup to validate data
I have 2 spreadsheets with names and email addresses - File 1: 150 records File 2: 63000 records I need to check if each of the emails on file 1 are there in file 2 or not. If it is there it shoul show "yes" else show "no" when I do a Vlookup it gives me the email ids in the cell - I am not able to show a 'yes' or 'no' so I guess this will hav eto be a combination of vlookup and IF statement.....any ideas? Hi No need for a slow lookup. Assuming data in column A of both sheets On sheet1 in B1 =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1),"yes&q...

How can I prevent OE closing Local Folders?
After 5-6 years, I am just returning to use OE 6. I have an extensive tree structure in my Local Folders with many sub folders that I wish to keep open even when I exit the program. With Courier, which I have used all this time, that is "normal behavior": any Folder that has not been closed by myself will continue to be open when I next start up the prog. OE6 at present, however, closes _everything_ when closing the prog. Is there any way in which I can prevent this - and being spared the rather frustrating and time consuming job of re-opening all needed folders...

Data Validation #60
Hi, I have a data validation formula that works fine when figures in multiples 84 are entered into the cell and if not gives an error. But I need to rewrite it so it can also work if the figure is in multiples of 61 as well as 84. This is what I have: =MOD(F21,84)=0 Any help would be great. Thanks Hi Eintsein, will =AND(MOD(F21,61)=0,MOD(F21,84)=0) do what you want? Ken Johnson Hi Ken, I tried it and now it dosnt matter what figure I put into the cell it comes up with an alert. Thanks for trying Try: =AND($F$21<>"",OR(MOD($F$21,84)=0,MOD($F$21,61)=0)) -- HTH Sandy ...

Need to import data to a coloum not a row
When importing from a txt file. The data ,which is all seperated by commas, gets dumped into a row wich is not long enough and cuts off my data. I need it to dump to a column not a row..Help. Russ use paste special and transpose the data "Russ M." wrote: > When importing from a txt file. The data ,which is all seperated by commas, > gets dumped into a row wich is not long enough and cuts off my data. I need > it to dump to a column not a row..Help. Russ ...

taking data from different worksheets
I have different worksheets on the file. I woul'd like to have one worksheet that summarize data from th different worksheets. I woul'd like to built a formula that takes a varient as thw workshee name. for example: my worksheets name are : p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6... i would like a formula that takes the workshet name from cells tha called:p1 p2 p3 ... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com it would probably be solved similarly to an earlier problem of mine take a look at http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24005 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFo...

Management Studio
I have both a named instance of SQL Server 2008 and Express 2008 installed. When I try to connect with Management Studio, neither of those instances appears in the list of local servers. But I can see them in the list of network servers. In Local, I can see Integration Services only. Under the Network Servers tab, I see my server with the two database engines listed. In both cases, I have protocols Shared Memory, Named Pipes, and TCP/IP enabled, and VIA disabled. Is that the way it should be? I checked HideInstance in the Configuration Manager and it is set to No for both ins...

MS Exchange forwarding from local accounts but not from external accounts
Hello.- I have Ms Exchange 2003. My domain is mycompany.com. and I created a DNS Record and a test account to another domain where the emails should be forward test@eu.myforward.com. I created the forward and if I send an email from my internal account me@mycompany.com to test@eu.myforward.com, the email goes thru fine. Now if I send an email from me@hotmail.com to test@mycompany.com which in Ms Exchange should forward to test@eu.myforward.com, the email comes back with: Reporting-MTA: dns;mycompany.com Received-From-MTA: dns;myforward.com Arrival-Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:36:16 -0600 Final-R...

Lookup with Unsorted Data ?
I am looking for a way to do a lookup on a range of data that cannot be sorted for other reasons, or I prefer not to sort. I can find this reference from M$ http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=http://support.microsoft.com%2Fservicedesks%2Fbin%2Fkbsearch.asp%3Farticle%3D181212 but I am wondering if anyone has anything "cleaner"...maybe a nice VBA function for example. Thanks Actually you can use VLOOKUP with unsorted date by including the "False" "range_lookup" in the statement. =VLOOKUP(xx,xx:xx,x,FALSE) See the help on the function for a full explanation. ...

Z report data is from where?
Where in the database Z report gets its data such as: a. Discounts (total discounts for the day) b. Customer Count (I guess the same as # of transactions) c. Count of Tender Type Is it as simple as: a. discount=item.price - transactionentry.price b. Count([transaction].transactionnumber) (with a case statement [transaction].total =! 0 "sammm" wrote: > Where in the database Z report gets its data such as: > > a. Discounts (total discounts for the day) > b. Customer Count (I guess the same as # of transactions) > c. Count of Tender Type All of the Z report informa...

Getting local Time and date for the local computer(vista OS)
Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get current time and date from the local compuetr. i meet an example in MSDN : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390423(VS.85).aspx but it looks too long for what i am looking, is there a 1 function API that returns the Date and the time ? thanks for your time Zack >Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), >and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get >current time and date from the local compuetr. >i meet an example in MSDN...

Local
For testing purposes I created a testing server and there was an issue with the account format so what I wanted to do was copy the one from the live server and overwrite the one I have locally so the dynamics, company, master, tempdb etc. I want completely replaced and so far I have run into many issues and no longer able to log into GP at all... Anyone have a system they use for said circumstance Hi Are you restoring SQL databases? What version of GP are you using? Regards James -- Visit MBS Blogs http://spaces.msn.com/members/hushdontspamme/ "B" <nixtootec@hotmail....