Load the address from the lookup table to corresponding contact fi

Is it possible to create a custom mapping / loading between the contact and
account
entities in such a way that when selected the existing account value from
the lookup table of account on the contact page, the existing address fields
will be populated into corresponding contact fields?

0
Tom7430 (437)
5/1/2008 7:35:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Tom,
Yes, it is possible with the help of little coding. Basically you need to
add JScript code in onChange event of the Account lookup on Contact entity
form. That code will be calling the CRM webservice and fetching the account's
address fields.

Following posts will explain you a little about how to use webservice on
client side in MS CRM;
http://jianwang.blogspot.com/2008/01/crm-40-check-current-users-security.html
http://blog.crmbuzz.net/archive/2007/05/18/How-to-call-my-web-service-using-Javascript.aspx

I hope you know programming :)

--
uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
CRM Freelance Consultant

"Tom" wrote:

> Is it possible to create a custom mapping / loading between the contact and
> account
> entities in such a way that when selected the existing account value from
> the lookup table of account on the contact page, the existing address fields
> will be populated into corresponding contact fields?

0
imumar (138)
5/2/2008 11:34:01 AM
Tom,

A)  I highly suggest you to buy this book by Sonoma Partners, right away.
http://www.amazon.com/Working-Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-4-0/dp/0735623783/sonomapartn0b-20

This will help almost anyone on this forum and I have 2 copies myself. One
in the office - one at home :)

B) Research more on the developer forums. Microsoft.public.crm.developer.

"uMar Khan" <imumar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Tom,
> Yes, it is possible with the help of little coding. Basically you need to
> add JScript code in onChange event of the Account lookup on Contact entity
> form. That code will be calling the CRM webservice and fetching the
> account's
> address fields.
>
> Following posts will explain you a little about how to use webservice on
> client side in MS CRM;
> http://jianwang.blogspot.com/2008/01/crm-40-check-current-users-security.html
> http://blog.crmbuzz.net/archive/2007/05/18/How-to-call-my-web-service-using-Javascript.aspx
>
> I hope you know programming :)
>
> --
> uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
> CRM Freelance Consultant
> Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
> Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
> MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan
>

> "Tom" wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to create a custom mapping / loading between the contact
>> and
>> account
>> entities in such a way that when selected the existing account value from
>> the lookup table of account on the contact page, the existing address
>> fields
>> will be populated into corresponding contact fields?

0
discussions (171)

Help!! can I recover lost contacts?
I just got a new windows smart phone. My celluar provider was assiting me to preform a sync. of all my contacts. There were no contacts on the phone I preformed the sync and when the sync. was over it wiped out all the comp. contacts in office contacts. The celluar provider said hmmm wonder what caused that. Anyways I think what happened is that the path the sync follows is phone (which was blank) to comp. back to phone. If this is the caseThis tech should of know better, but who am I to blame the only person's fault is mine ,I should of did a PST back up of thoes files....

Is this a use for a PIVOT Table?/
I have just started to explore Pivot tables but before I go any farther I need to check to see if what I am trying to do is in fact a correct use of Pivot tables. We have a product price list : Item #, Description, Qty per box, Price per box and Qty Ordered. We have 993 different products TODAY but it goes up & down as new stuff arives / old stuff is sold. Right now we email or fax a 20 page Word doc to our customers who fill in the Qty ordered and fax it back to us. I have copied it to Excel and added a column to calculate Order Cost = Price Per Box x Qty Ordered. Out of the 99...

Create a Web Address on a Form for Followhyperlink
I am trying to create a web address in Access. I have a form that has text boxes numbered 1-8. It is my intention to concatenate the text in the text boxes to create an address then use the followhyperlink method. I can create the string that I need but I get an error when the code gets to the followhyperlink method; runtime error 490 cannot open the specified file. The reason why I intend to concatenate the text in the text boxes is to allow the user flexibility. Some portions of the address are going to be static and others are going to depend on a value in a list box. Here is an exampl...

Merging Contacts (3.0)
I did some extensive work with merging contacts yesterday and discovered something that I thought I'd throw on the table for discussion. When you merge two contacts, the suborniate contact ends up empty (no associated records) and is marked inactive. When you mark a contact inactive, you simply deactivate the record and leave the underlying data intact. When you examine contacts under an account, the resulting list shows Active and Inactive contacts. From this list you cannot differentiate Deactivated Contacts from Merged Contacts. Questions: 1. Why not delete merged contacts? Th...

How to Delete Contacts Folder?
I am running Outlook2003 Beta, tech refresh 1 with all updates. When I click on the address book icon, I receive a message stating that the address book folder has moved. A pulldown provides me with options for an address book and two contacts lists. The first list is empty, the second contains all my contacts. How can I delete the empty contact list? I have looked under go, folders, and only the one contact list is represented. Please advise Remove the duplicate listing here: Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address...

OWA & Contacts
I need to get a list of contacts that are in an account on the server exported to a csv (or some other importable) type of format. Is there a way to go directly from OWA to Excel, or what is the procedure for doing something like that? Thanks, BC Grant yourself rights, create a profile and log in with Outlook. Select the contacts folder, and then select File > Import & Export > Export to a file > Microsoft Excel > ... You might need your Office installation disk for it to work because it's an optional feature. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the w...

Business Contact Mnager with Outlook 2007
Installed the 2007 professional which says Outlook and Business contact manager, but when I start outlook I do not see any reference or anyplace to start it or activate it I re ran setup to add features and also do not see any reference to BCM Anyway to correct this? Thanks Bill Did you look on the second CD? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Bill asked: | Installed the 2007 professional which says Out...

[Bitmap] problem loading from array
Hello! I'm trying to load a bitmap from an array using the following code : CBitmap bmp1; bmp1.CreateBitmap(im_data.width,im_data.height,1,24,NULL); bmp1.SetBitmapBits(im_data.length,im_data.data_buf); CClientDC dc(this);//CPaintDC dc(this); CDC bmDC; bmDC.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); CBitmap *pOldbmp = bmDC.SelectObject(&bmp1); dc.BitBlt(50,150,im_data.width,im_data.height,&bmDC,0,0,SRCCOPY); bmDC.SelectObject(pOldbmp); where im_data.width is the width of the image where im_data.height is the height of the image where im_data.length is the number of bytes in the image ...

How to us an alias email address in Outlook 2003
Hi everyone, We are using Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 and Outlook 2003. Just wanted to know how a user can switch which email address they would like to use for an out going email. Let's say I have the following aliases on my email box: SMTP:lamar@nospam555.com smtp:webmaster@nospam555.com smtp:sales@nospam555.com smtp:info@nospam555.com Now let's say that I wont to send an email out as sales@nospam555.com. But the next email I want to send out as info@nospam555.com, and the next as webmaster@nospam555.com. Is there a way to switch between my aliases in Outlook 2003? I...

Outlook 2003 and Business Contact Manager
Hi, I'm having a weird problem with Business Contact Manager (BCM), when I reboot Outlook start automatically, but BCM is not there, if I start Outlook manually then BCM is there Why is it that if Outlook start from the Startup folder at boot BCM won't load, but when it's been start manually BCM is loaded -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin ...

address book transfer #2
any help appreciated.....I have two computers with outlook express, and want to transfer the address book from one onto the other computer....any idea what files I need to find and transfer, or how to do this ????thanks. jbm <mccabej@upstate.edu> wrote: > any help appreciated.....I have two computers with > outlook express, and want to transfer the address book > from one onto the other computer....any idea what files I > need to find and transfer, or how to do this ????thanks. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and read http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian ...

Browse e-mail address in Entourage style.
Dear Friends, I'm a PC user, I've seen many times when mac people created a new e-mail and type a few characters in the "to:" box, then a small box with a list of all e-mail addresses from their addressbook that begin with those few characters type appeared. I've check from many webpage and know that the Outlook 2002 (maybe 2003 too) will show something like this too, but only from the previously e-mails typed in the box not from the address book. (I've tested it already, it's good but not enough) I wonder if there's any add-on or some special setu...

Table problems
Using Front Page 2002. Working with tables. When I split a row into multiple columns, then try to change the width of the various new cells in the row, it often affects the width of cells in the next row(s). What to do? Thanks Earl Kiosterud That is how tables work. Adjust the width of a column in one row, and all the rows will be affected. One solution, probably the easiest, is to use nested tables - create a table with one column and several rows. Then add a table with the cell layout you need in each row. Another solution is to split every cell into several c...

Table names in recordsets?
If I have an SQL call e.g. SELECT * FROM Customers In the returned recordset, how to I access the data with the table name e.g. rs("Customers.ID") rs("Customers.Name") rs("Customers.Address") I can only get it to work without the table name e.g. rs("ID") rs("Name") rs("Address") My SQL string can change at runtime, and I may have duplicate field names so I want to make sure I'm accessing the correct field from the correct table. Thanks Jon Then why not alias the duplicate field names in your SQL? Alternatively, you can re...

Outlook Client deletes GAL from Address Book Search List.
Installation of the Desktop Outlook Client using an Adminstrative install (ie. from a network share published through Group Policy) causes the Global Address list to disappear from the Address Book Search List. You can see the effect if you open the Address Book and then select Tools | Options. All of the CRM address book entries are present; but the Global Address List is missing. This happens even if the user performing the install has local admin rights on the workstation. If the user performs the install from the CD this problem does not occur. The end result of this is that autom...

public folders / contacts
Using outlook 2003 and SBS 2003, Exchange2003 with latest SP. I created a public folder called 'shared contacts'. I marked the box in properties to 'show this folder as an email address list' When I make a new mail and hit 'To" Then use the 'show names from the' (list) The shared contacts in public folders is listed there.. But When I select that list, there are NO contacts in it at all... it shows blank... What could be the issue? Thanks ! Dumb question, but did you create any contacts in it with email = addresses yet?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook...

Contacts, Bloody Contacts
Hi all, I would like to create a contact record for each of our locations and have that record show up in the GAL. I would also like the email address that I supply for the contact record to resolve back to a distribution group that would include the manager and perhaps the store admin for that location. Problem. If I create a contact record with an Exchange email address, I cannot also create the distribution group, as there would be two of the same email addresses in Exchange. If I don't create an Exchange email address for the contact, the contact record does not show up in t...

How do I find the Addresses button in Outlook?
I'm missing the Addresses button on the Standard Toolbar? How do I find the button and drag it to the Standard Toolbar? View>toolbars>customize. Go to Tools menu to find Address Book and drag it to the menu bar. "cnfsdrme" wrote: > I'm missing the Addresses button on the Standard Toolbar? How do I find the > button and drag it to the Standard Toolbar? view, toolbar, customize, choose standard bar on the first tab and reset. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickSta...

different address list when delegating
When delegating the address list shown is a subset of the Global Address List even though the rest of Outlook has the Global address list and I am not on this subset of the GAL. ...

Silly Question on Contacts
One of my users is complaining that the default 'Display As' field in Outlook 2003 is Full Name (email address) and that when he prints a distribution list it looks messy and replicates data. I'm probably going to have to write a script that will correct his existing addresses (he has over 5000), but I just wondered if there was a way to fine tune the Display As formatting? Many thanks for any help Simon M ...

Some wat to change Outlook's importing rules for contacts?
When I import files to Outlook's contacts, the "File As" seems to default to the Name. This is fine when there is no Company, but when there is a Name and a Company I'd rather have the "File As" default to the Company. Is there any way to make this happen without (as I have been doing) manually going through the contacts and editing them? ...

Top Urgent: message all stuck in "Message Awaiting Directory Lookup" queue
what is the problme??? On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:10:13 +0800, "John" <john@home> wrote: >what is the problme??? > For urgent issues, you should call PSS. Nonetheless: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/06/23/428114.aspx ...

linked tables
I have a fixed database comprising circa 30,000 records - all unique service record numbers. I am importing 2 linked tables which have multiple records against the same serivice record number. My problem is that I only want them to link on a one to one basis. As there appears to be very little you can do to alter linked table parameters I'm stumped.... Help please - On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:20:02 -0800, POLARBILLY <POLARBILLY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a fixed database comprising circa 30,000 records - all unique service >record numbers. I am import...

Linked Table
Good Morning, Does anyone know which format I have to use in excel so when I link it to access it will be converted to memo (Allow Zero Lenght = No)? I have a workbook with several data columns and one of them contens big text which I need to send to access on a daily basis. What is happenning is when I link it to access I am losing party of the text. Thank you very much. Vanessa Simmonds Hi Vanessa, The default registry setting for the "TypeGuessRows" key is 8. Therefore, if your first (8) rows of data contain less than 255 characters, the data type will be Text, thus t...

Deciding which table to write to
I have several tables I want to use the same form for, I would like to select the record source from a combo box. I have a combo box that list all the tables from a table named "Table names" when I select the name I would like that to be the record source for my subform. So I can input new records. On Feb 7, 12:27=A0pm, recovery...@gmail.com wrote: > I have several tables I want to use the same form for, I would like to > select the record source from a combo box. > I have a combo box that list all the tables from a table named "Table > names" when I select the...