Linking Contacts with Accounts

I have imported 200 Account records into Crm then by using the GUID I
imported the 200 contact records.  The Contacts have the correct Account in
the Parent Customer field but when you look at the Account record the Primary
Contact field is blank.  Does anyone know how I can create this relationship
without having to manually got through the 200 records.  Any help would be
great !!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Help!! can I recover lost contacts?
I just got a new windows smart phone. My celluar provider was assiting me to preform a sync. of all my contacts. There were no contacts on the phone I preformed the sync and when the sync. was over it wiped out all the comp. contacts in office contacts. The celluar provider said hmmm wonder what caused that. Anyways I think what happened is that the path the sync follows is phone (which was blank) to comp. back to phone. If this is the caseThis tech should of know better, but who am I to blame the only person's fault is mine ,I should of did a PST back up of thoes files....

change my email account
im having the hardest time trying to figure out how to change my email account on outlook, i have a new address that i need to change it to, but have no clue how....please please help !! thanks!!! -liz Hi, Liz click the link below http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289467 Hope this help! Yvon "liz" wrote: > im having the hardest time trying to figure out how to change my email > account on outlook, i have a new address that i need to change it to, but > have no clue how....please please help !! thanks!!! -liz liz <liz@discussions.microsoft.c...

pop account cannot show the GAL
Hi, how can I configure a POP account to be able to see and use the global address list? Thanks, Haydar You mean a POP client? You will want to configure him to use LDAP with a global catalog server. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Haydar" <Haydar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB568BBB-5496-4807-9E24-A13648C01610@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > how can I configure a POP account to be able to see and use the global > address list? > > Thanks, > > Haydar ...

Merging Contacts (3.0)
I did some extensive work with merging contacts yesterday and discovered something that I thought I'd throw on the table for discussion. When you merge two contacts, the suborniate contact ends up empty (no associated records) and is marked inactive. When you mark a contact inactive, you simply deactivate the record and leave the underlying data intact. When you examine contacts under an account, the resulting list shows Active and Inactive contacts. From this list you cannot differentiate Deactivated Contacts from Merged Contacts. Questions: 1. Why not delete merged contacts? Th...

How to Delete Contacts Folder?
I am running Outlook2003 Beta, tech refresh 1 with all updates. When I click on the address book icon, I receive a message stating that the address book folder has moved. A pulldown provides me with options for an address book and two contacts lists. The first list is empty, the second contains all my contacts. How can I delete the empty contact list? I have looked under go, folders, and only the one contact list is represented. Please advise Remove the duplicate listing here: Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address...

OWA & Contacts
I need to get a list of contacts that are in an account on the server exported to a csv (or some other importable) type of format. Is there a way to go directly from OWA to Excel, or what is the procedure for doing something like that? Thanks, BC Grant yourself rights, create a profile and log in with Outlook. Select the contacts folder, and then select File > Import & Export > Export to a file > Microsoft Excel > ... You might need your Office installation disk for it to work because it's an optional feature. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the w...

Business Contact Mnager with Outlook 2007
Installed the 2007 professional which says Outlook and Business contact manager, but when I start outlook I do not see any reference or anyplace to start it or activate it I re ran setup to add features and also do not see any reference to BCM Anyway to correct this? Thanks Bill Did you look on the second CD? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Bill asked: | Installed the 2007 professional which says Out...

Linked Table
Good Morning, Does anyone know which format I have to use in excel so when I link it to access it will be converted to memo (Allow Zero Lenght = No)? I have a workbook with several data columns and one of them contens big text which I need to send to access on a daily basis. What is happenning is when I link it to access I am losing party of the text. Thank you very much. Vanessa Simmonds Hi Vanessa, The default registry setting for the "TypeGuessRows" key is 8. Therefore, if your first (8) rows of data contain less than 255 characters, the data type will be Text, thus t...

Outlook 2003 and Business Contact Manager
Hi, I'm having a weird problem with Business Contact Manager (BCM), when I reboot Outlook start automatically, but BCM is not there, if I start Outlook manually then BCM is there Why is it that if Outlook start from the Startup folder at boot BCM won't load, but when it's been start manually BCM is loaded -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin ...

How to copy linked documents (2 files)?
I can't quite figure out how to solve this... so here goes... I'm making a report template in Word that has several links to an Exce spreadsheet. When finished, I would like to reuse this combinatio (make copies of both files) while maintaining the links (ie: copy o "word 1" should be linked to copy of "excel 1", not original "excel 1" However, if I simply copy the files, the Excel file is not linked t anything and the Word file maintains the links to the original Exce spreadsheet. Does anyone know how to solve this?? Thanks for you help. FYI - I tried r...

Convert time to a number when linking?
I'm referencing a time value in Worksheet "A" from the Data worksheet "B" like this; =Data!A1. Cell A1 is formatted as time and shows as 01:00, and I need it to be a general number (just a 1) in Worksheet "A" so I can divide it by another general number. Cells B1 & B2 are formatted as general in the source worksheet. In other words, the difference between 1:00 (A1) and 8:00 (A2) is 7. At 1:00 the temp was 32 (B1) degrees and at 8:00 the temperature was 152 (B2) degrees. In these 7 minutes the temperature rose 120 degrees. What I'm trying t...

daily export of accounts
hi. How can I achieve an automated daily export of accounts and associated activities and primary contact (with it's informations) into a csv-file or an external database? I thought of a SQL- job but my know-how of SQL is allmost nothing. Kind regards, Viktor Hi Victor, You might want to use a DTS Package in SQL Server. This enables you to easily output data from a database to another database. My advise is to try and find some articles on DTS Packages on the internet. Another method is to write an application which calls the CRM API and retrieve the data yourself (and write to...

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

Adding e-mail accounts #2
How do I add http://mortgagemailpro.com to my Outllook 2003 email list? That is a web site, not an email address. Tell us what you are trying to accomplish and someone can probably point you in the right direction. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jnight007 asked: | How do I add http://mortgagemailpro.com to my Outllook 2003 email | list? The email account is info@investmagic.com it is in the web account of ...

public folders / contacts
Using outlook 2003 and SBS 2003, Exchange2003 with latest SP. I created a public folder called 'shared contacts'. I marked the box in properties to 'show this folder as an email address list' When I make a new mail and hit 'To" Then use the 'show names from the' (list) The shared contacts in public folders is listed there.. But When I select that list, there are NO contacts in it at all... it shows blank... What could be the issue? Thanks ! Dumb question, but did you create any contacts in it with email = addresses yet?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook...

Contacts, Bloody Contacts
Hi all, I would like to create a contact record for each of our locations and have that record show up in the GAL. I would also like the email address that I supply for the contact record to resolve back to a distribution group that would include the manager and perhaps the store admin for that location. Problem. If I create a contact record with an Exchange email address, I cannot also create the distribution group, as there would be two of the same email addresses in Exchange. If I don't create an Exchange email address for the contact, the contact record does not show up in t...

Silly Question on Contacts
One of my users is complaining that the default 'Display As' field in Outlook 2003 is Full Name (email address) and that when he prints a distribution list it looks messy and replicates data. I'm probably going to have to write a script that will correct his existing addresses (he has over 5000), but I just wondered if there was a way to fine tune the Display As formatting? Many thanks for any help Simon M ...

email account config
Is it possible that when a user gets a reply, he/she will only see the reply and NOT the history of the message? sort of SMS type of configuration. PS have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2003 Thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES This setting can be controlled in OL 2007- E-mail Options. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2009 Microsoft Certified Partner "Raul" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#Y18gUz1KHA.4724@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible that when a user gets a reply, he/she will only see the > reply and NOT the hi...

I need an Excel Spreadsheet for Cafeteria Plan Accounting.
I am using Office XP. I have been asked to track employee receipts for a small daycare/elementary school. This is our first year to implement this feature for about 30 teachers/employees. Each person will be allowed $500 for the year. I must record their receipts and be able to give them a running balance at any time. I need to show spending catagories. Thank you for your help. I suggest that you have an input sheet and a sheet for each employee. In the Input sheet you would have a one row, multi-column input area. The first cell would be a Data Validation cell with all the empl...

Money 2006 Not downloading CC accounts
I can't seem to get Money 2006 premium to download the Credit Card accounts that accompany my Checking/Savings accounts from either BoA (WA) or BECU. I can browse to the accounts online, but the auto updates wont access the CC accounts. Any suggestions? Is this an institutional issue or a Money issue? ...

Some wat to change Outlook's importing rules for contacts?
When I import files to Outlook's contacts, the "File As" seems to default to the Name. This is fine when there is no Company, but when there is a Name and a Company I'd rather have the "File As" default to the Company. Is there any way to make this happen without (as I have been doing) manually going through the contacts and editing them? ...

Linking and Updating Word Text
I created a template in Publisher, including text, titles, pictures, etc. I have 13 separate Word docs that people are changing and updating. The text from the 13 documents needs to link into that Publisher template, to creat 13 new Publisher files. I need to accomplish two goals: a) 13 consistant looking Publisher files, that are, b) easily updated from the Word docs through link updates (or whatever.) I've only been able to bring over embedded objects from Word as pictures. Thank you. In Publisher, create a text box, right-click, click change text, click text file, browse t...

cannot setup 3rd account with Ameritrade
Original problem was I could not set up my ROTH and IRA accounts with Ameritrade, only my trading account. I searched the FAQ sites found the answer and set them up. Now I can't re-setup my trading account. I tried all day then finally decided to permanently delete the trading account after I found, made a list, and deleted all the linked transactions from my other accounts. I gave the account a new name and set the financial services name to Ameritrade Stocks. Went through the online setup and after it connected it said "No online services available". The account is not listed i...

CRM Contact Information on Account Screen
Is ther any way to show, on the General tab of the Accounts form, contact information about the primary contact? I would like to show the Title, Phone, Email, etc, without making the user click on the contacts name and open a new window. Thanks in advance. There's no easy way that won't break your upgrade to the next version. You'll see better support for these types of customizations in v2.0 - Alex ----------- "Paul McBride" <pmcbride@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u26yxLSiEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is ther any way to show, on the General tab ...

mysterious URL link in reply emails only ??
I am trying to help someone with a strange to me Outlook issue. Outlook 2003 SP3 on XP Pro SP2 laptop using Exchange 2003 SP2 email server. If the user sends someone an email then everything is as expected. However when someone replies to him then in the reply email there is an extra URL link shown at the end of his signiature. It is a LinkedIn URL for a former employee. This is driving him nuts and I can not figure it out. I checked his one and only email signiature and can not find any reference to the extra link URL there. It seems as it is happening on his end in his Outlook config...