Linking Accounts to Contacts using Data Migration

Hi,

I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not
found what I need to do to link them......in other words, have the Contacts
show as Contacts for the specific accounts.

Where can I find information or the specifics on what I need to do?  I've
looked through the self help, and data migration guide.

Thank you!

Voni
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I believe I have it figured out.....the two record types need to be imported
in the same run.

"Voni" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not
> found what I need to do to link them......in other words, have the Contacts
> show as Contacts for the specific accounts.
>
> Where can I find information or the specifics on what I need to do?  I've
> looked through the self help, and data migration guide.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Voni
How are you ringing them in?  If it's with the Data Migration Framework, you set
the AccountId in the Contract record prior to runing it.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 05:01:03 -0700, "Voni" <Voni@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Hi,

I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not
found what I need to do to link them......in other words, have the Contacts
show as Contacts for the specific accounts.

Where can I find information or the specifics on what I need to do?  I've
looked through the self help, and data migration guide.

Thank you!

Voni

0
Matt
6/23/2005 5:28:08 AM
Hi Matt,

Thank you for responding.  I am using Data Migration Framework.

On the cdf record, I have assigned an account id in the account records, and
a contact id in the contact records.

To link the contact to the account, is it the account id I have assigned
that goes into the contact record?

Voni

"Voni" <Voni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thank you for responding.  I am using Data Migration Framework.
>
> On the cdf record, I have assigned an account id in the account records,
> and
> a contact id in the contact records.
>
> To link the contact to the account, is it the account id I have assigned
> that goes into the contact record?

Yes - setting the accountid on the cdf_contact table will cause DMF to link
the contact to the account

You may also want to set the primarycontactid on account to the contactid
you have assigned. That whay the Proimary Contact for the account can be
set.

> Voni
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
>> How are you ringing them in?  If it's with the Data Migration Framework,
>> you set
>> the AccountId in the Contract record prior to runing it.
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM

>> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 05:01:03 -0700, "Voni"
>> <Voni@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not
>> found what I need to do to link them......in other words, have the
>> Contacts
>> show as Contacts for the specific accounts.
>>
>> Where can I find information or the specifics on what I need to do?  I've
>> looked through the self help, and data migration guide.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Voni

0
Julian
6/23/2005 11:41:56 PM
That is correct.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> How are you ringing them in?  If it's with the Data Migration Framework, you set
> the AccountId in the Contract record prior to runing it.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 05:01:03 -0700, "Voni" <Voni@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully migrated Contacts and Accounts into CRM, but have not
> found what I need to do to link them......in other words, have the Contacts
> show as Contacts for the specific accounts.
>
> Where can I find information or the specifics on what I need to do?  I've
> looked through the self help, and data migration guide.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Voni

0
Matt

Account Balance Zero for Investment Accounts
I did not have any trouble adding regular checking/savings account, however for all investment accounts even when it shows it's linked to the website and updated, the balance still shows zero. What steps have I missed. In microsoft.public.money, Nanna wrote: >I did not have any trouble adding regular checking/savings account, however >for all investment accounts even when it shows it's linked to the website and >updated, the balance still shows zero. What steps have I missed. Do you have cash in the account, or do you have only securities? Does the "Adj.Balance&...

Entering 401K Transactions in Investment Account
I am trying to correctly enter my 401K investments from my weekly paycheck. I want to be able to see my deposits, my employer's matching deposit, and compare the performance of the various 401K plan options I use against industry indexes such as NASDAQ. I find the Money help file very brief in this area. Are there good books on how to really use Money to track investments and perform retirement planning? ...

Data entry form
Hi, I wonder if there is possibility to make list field interactive, like when user put firs letter then form showing resluts where first letter = "user letter" ? Becouse I have over 800 records and it is very dificult for user to find the one is looking for. regards Peter Piotr This macro will do what you want. This is how it works. When the user puts a character, say c, in B1, the entire sheet will scroll automatically to put the first row that starts with a "c" at the top of the screen. Note that this is a sheet macro and must be placed in the sheet module ...

Orphaned Links -- HELP!
Mac PowerBook G4, 2 GB RAM running Excel 2004 I copied a range of cells into a a new worksheet in a workbook. Now I've got a mysterious link I don't want somewhere on the copied range. I cannot find any external links in the copied cells -- they are all numbers and text, no formulas. I've tried Edit|Links|Break Link but it doesn't work. I tried moving the new worksheet out of the old workbook. When I try to save the old workbook without the new worksheet, Excel asks me if I want to save the link to the new unnamed worksheet. I have the options of OK and Cancel. I hit Cancel,...

External Links and Multiple Instances
I am running Excel 2000 on Windows XP Professional. For a long time, I was able to open up files in separate windows and to create links between these files by typing "=" in a cell of the target sheet and then clicking on a cell in the source sheet. I recently installed a second monitor and video card on my computer. Since then, I have been unable to both open multiple instances and create links between those multiple instances. At first I was unable to create multiple instanced. I have managed to create multiple instances in three ways. First, I have gone to options - ge...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

export data from excel to adobe
If you have 2007, Microsoft has a free add-in that will add the ability to print to a file in .pdf format that works across all Office 2007 applications: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you don't have 2007, then one of the easiest to use .pdf file creators is probably PDFCreator from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it installs as a virtual printer on your system and when you wish to create a .pdf file you simply print to that virtual printer. Instead of a sheet of paper, y...

Using SQL in MS Access 2000
I am trying to run some SQL script in MS Access 2000 for creating query. But its not take 'IF' and 'ELSE' command. Can someone guide me that how can I use IF and Else in MS Access 2000. Kind Regards, Muhammad Hasnain Raja You can't use If and Else in Access SQL. However, the IIf function is the equivalent. IIf(expr, truepart, falsepart) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <mhraja@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185887004.782732.108410@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to run some SQL script in MS ...

adding gmail account in outlook on SBS 2003 R2
I'm running a SBS 2003 R2 and currently have each networked PC setup with an exchange email account. I have stopped using the exchange email accounts and would like to setup a (IMAP) Gmail account and I was able to setup the account through (outlook 2003) tools, account settings and adding a new account on a laptop that was not networked but when I try this on the networked PCs it does not work. I’m going to try to change some server settings but any help would be appreciated. -- TTK In article <F512405C-D5E6-4465-AFB0-1748EA5DC6C6@microsoft.com>,=20 TTK@discuss...

accessing outlook data using excel macro
Hey all, I'm very new with all of this, however, my problem is this: I have a bunch of data in excel which I then want to compare to certain "task" fields in outlook (ie. the "Due Date" column in Tasks for example), then update those outlook fields with new data. I was able to do it in an Outlook macro, but not in the Excel macro. I get a "User defined type not defined" error when trying to define a namespace variable as "Outlook.Namespace" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003)
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward procedure, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I ...

2 Personal folders, using Contact Manager
Installation is Outlook 2003, installed from the Small Business Edition of Office 2003, also having Contact Manager installed. Seem to have, by default, 2 lots of "personal folders" which mirror each other in every way. A clue as to why, and what to do to remove the superfluous folder would be appreciated. Have tried removing the PST file, and starting Outlook so it created a new one, but the Personal Folder duplicate is still there. Tx2 <tx2newscollection@hotmail.com> wrote: > Seem to have, by default, 2 lots of "personal folders" which mirror > each ...

Linked Excel table
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I have weird printing problem that I can' seem to fix! Here's the story ... I am using Windows XP and Offic 2003. I link excel tables into a word document (paste special/as link) There is color font in the excel table. The color always appears on th screen, but disappears when I print it to pdf or printer, *but onl from certain PC's* Hence, the problem! I've compared the settings o Word and Excel between the PC that can print the colored text and th ones that cannot. To no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Philomen -- Message posted f...

Outlook 2007 Accounts
I just moved from Live Mail (LM) to Outlook 2007. I have multiple email addresses that I use. In LM I set up separate accounts and then don't set the option to include this account when sending mail or synchronizing. I do not see that option in Outlook 2007 in the account set up page. First question is, "is this the best way to set up multiple email addresses" & second "is there anyway to not poll the POP3 server for all of these accounts since I'm going to the same mail server account for each one. Send/Receive Group settings (Open main Outlook window...

file association using MFC
Hi there: I am in the process of leaning VC++ MFC. I have written a program wthat will display the complete path for the selected file name from open dialog box. Now I would like to associate my program to a file type.. lets say .jpeg files. When I double click on any .jpeg files I would like to have may program open and display the complete path. I know it has to do something with DDE. Can somebody point me to the right direction. Thanks for your help Biju Here is the code void CChildView::OnFileOpen() { static char BASED_CODE szFilter[] = "Image Files (*.jpeg, *.jpg, *....

Adding Multiple Reports using SendObject
I need to send Multiple reports in a *.SNP Format. Can anyone guide me as to how this can be done? Thanks -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is ones ability to ask for Help. ...

Need to insert x number of rows in a list of data

Account Balance Inaccuracy
I'm running Money 2002. The balance shown under 'Account List' is inaccurate and does not match the balance shown in the register. In microsoft.public.money, Joe M. wrote: >I'm running Money 2002. > >The balance shown under 'Account List' is inaccurate and >does not match the balance shown in the register. There are two different balances shown in the register if there are future transactions. Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box. I have this same problem. For some reason, Money 200...

Analytical accounting posted entries details are missing
Hi All, We have posted a purchasing transaction entry with dimension codes. After posted this in general ledger we are not able to view the dimension details in Journal entry inquiry. We found in backend tables(AAG3000X) are missing the same. This is not only happening in purchasing module, it is happening for all modules even entries which are posted directly in GL. We are using GP 10 with SP1 and SQL Server 2005 SP2. Please guide me to solve this issue. Hi Jay, Have you deployed AA to all computers with GP? Is this happening all the time or intermittently? Init...

Incoming e-mails going to everyones e-mail account
I am running OfficeXP on a WindowsXP computer. I have set everyone in my family up with their own profile to log-on to our system. I then went into outlook for each profile and set-up incoming\outgoing mail for each e-mail address, in their profile so they can manage their own mail accounts. For some reason all incoming mail can be seen and read from everyone's mail account profile. And if I delete mail it deletes from all profiles. It seems to be putting all mail in a community inbox. What do I need to do to separate mail accounts? Thank You, Deborah "pugger13@nc.rr.com&qu...

Can't print bank account number on checks
I'm using Money 2005 and I can't get any of my information to print on my checks (my bank name, address, checking account number, etc), but I can get all of the payee information to print...Can anyone help me? Email responses here & mplsgal@mn.rr.com Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Lee wrote: >I'm using Money 2005 and I can't get any of my >information to print on my checks (my bank name, address, >checking account number, etc), but I can get all of the >payee information to print...Can anyone help me? See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.h...

file:// links freeze or delay
I have a user with Windows XP and Internet Exp 8. Suddenly, out of the blue, linked file locations on our internal webpages file://server/subfolder/files containing pdf's/ instead of opening in an explorer window freeze while opening a internet explorer 8 window for about 1 minute before then opening the appropriate explorer window. Other users opening the same location in the same way get a very brief internet explorer window then almost instantly the correct explorer window... It's a new problem on a computer where it was previously working. No new software installs ...

automaticly copy data from one worksheet to another
I am trying to find out if there is a formula that will automaticly transfer a row of data to another worksheet in the active workbook once a certain cell is populated???? just in case this sounds confusing let me clearify.... i have a main spreadsheet that has data for 3 companies, I want to just put a "x" in a certain cell that will then make that entire row of data copy to the worksheet designated for that specific company.... PLEASE HELP!!!!! thanks in advance! Hi Emily, A formula cannot change the value of another it can *ONLY* return a value. For what you want, you would ...

Quicken Premier or MS Money for Small Business Accounting?
I use Quicken 2005 Premier Home & Business for my small business accounting. I also use MS Money 2002 Standard Edition for my personal finance software. I like the "feel" of Money, but there are some features of Quicken I like better (for example, I can reconcile accounts on Quicken using an online balance; in Money, I have to reconcile using a monthly paper statement from my bank). I'm cgoing to download the trial version of MS Money for Small Business and check it out, but I also wanted to see if anyone out there had strong feelings one way or the other. Is there an...

Linking to Excel from MS Project
I was wondering if there is a way so that I can link the Gant Chart (Picture) made in Project to a sheet in Excel... I know I can copy the image over and paste it into the sheet, but I wanted something that would be able to dynamically change on an update and I dont have to copy and paste all the time. Any help is appreciated. ...