Linked Reports Parameters

How I can pass data from CRM to a linked Report (such as parametrs to
reporting services report: CRM_Url, CRM_FilterText etc). I need to pass
entity data (for examle EntityId) on aspx page.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This may be what you are looking for.  I use it to pass Account ID,
Opportunity ID's etc... to my RS reports from buttons in CRM created
using the isv.config file.

Running CRM - MS SQL Reporting Services (RS) from ISV button and
passing in Account/Opportunity GUID parameters to report.

Here is a method of running an RS report from CRM and passing in the
GUID from the record you are on to the RS report.  Does NOT require any
programming, aspx pages, etc... (other than building your report in
Visual Studio (VS)).

In this example, I needed a way in CRM 1.2 to see all of the Cases that
were logged for an Account - as well as all of the Cases logged for
any of the Contacts created under an Account.  I needed to see all of
these in one screen.  The main problem with doing this is that if you
point your isv.config button directly to the RS report, it will pass in
an additional question mark (?) that RS does not know how to handle.
In order to compensate for this, I utilized the Redirect Reference
flags for IIS 6.0 - which removed the question mark.  Here are some
details about the steps taken:

=B7	Create the RS report in VS with two parameters.
=B7	Create a virtual directory for this report in IIS, redirect to RS
report, use Redirect Reference flags.
=B7	Add a button to the Account Toolbar (and call it whatever you
like).  This was done utilizing the isv.config file for CRM.

More detail:
1=2E	Build your report in VS.  Make sure and include two parameters in
the report (oType (int) and oId (string)).  These are the same name of
the parameters that are passed when you set the "PassParams=3D1"
value in the isv.config file.  You can then use the oId to be passed
into an expected parameter for your stored procedure - or just use
the parameter as filter in your report or sql query.  (multiple ways to
skin the cat)
a=2E	NOTE:  Although oType will most likely not be used in your report,
you will still need to create it since this parameter will be passed
into the URL query string when the user clicks on your "All Account
Cases" button in CRM.
2=2E	Create a Virtual Directory in IIS.  Call it whatever you like.  I
chose to put this virtual directory under the Default Web site, which
is where RS is installed on my web server.  When web site initially
asked for directory, I chose the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\crm directory.
However, after creating the virtual directory, you need to go to the
properties of it and change the main tab to "A redirection to a
URL".   This is where you will point the virtual directory to the RS
report you have built.  Type in the full path name to your report in
the "Redirect to:" box.  Mine looks something like this:
http://reportwebservername/reportserver?/CRMEmbeddedReports/AccountCaseSumm=
ary&rs:Command=3DRender&rc:Parameters=3Dfalse&rs:ClearSession=3DTrue&rc:Zoo=
m=3D90&$S$P
a=2E	NOTE:  notice above the &$S$P.  These are the Redirection flags that
will remove the additional question mark being passed into the report
from the "PassParams=3D1" portion of the isv.config.  Notice that I
do NOT contain the RS report parameters in this URL for the virtual
directory.  Don't worry, CRM will add the oType and oId parameters
for you as you click on the button generated from the isv.config and
the "PassParams=3D1".
b=2E	NOTE:  remember that when calling on your report and passing in
parameters through the URL, you will need to path to the report server
directory and not just the GUI version for reports.(see above).  I also
added in a couple of other items for clear sessions etc... as you can
see above as well.
3=2E	Open your isv.config in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CRM\_Resources
directory (if this is where your app is installed).  Under the Account
section, add the button to the Toolbar section.  Example:  (remember to
point the URL in the isv.config to your virtual directory name as shown
in the example below - "AccountCaseSummary" is the name of my
virtual directory in IIS)

<ToolBar ValidForCreate=3D"0" ValidForUpdate=3D"1">
<ToolBarSpacer/>
<Button Title=3D"All Account Cases" ToolTip=3D"Click here to show all Cases
for this Account" Icon=3D""
Url=3D"http://reportwebservername/AccountCaseSummary" PassParams=3D"1"
WinParams=3D"menubar=3Dno;status=3Dno;toolbar=3Dno;" WinMode=3D"0"/>
</ToolBar>

You should be set.  Reset IIS and give it a whirl.

0
MarkR

Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for Wednesday (October 28, 2009)
We had advised =93Avoid Buying=94 since Oct 23rd =85 NSE India : S&P CNX Nifty - Daily Market Report for: Wednesday (October 28, 2009) By Dominic Rebello Review of the Previous day: The Nifty fell substantially on Tuesday (October 27, 2009) a net 124.20 points (2.50%) and closed at 4846 point level. The market opened down and continued so until 02:52 p.m. when it reached its day low at 4829 points. Then it rose and turned into a range bound movement until closing at the day. The Nifty witnessed its, biggest single day fall since August 17th. Sentiment was extremely bearish and amongst t...

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Queries & Reports
QUESTION . First I will enter info into TBL Radio Receipt, from there I want the information to jump to TBL Radio Info and prompt me to complete this table. Then it will jump to either TBL New Radio Information OR TBL Repair Information. This will need to be completed. How does this happen, I mean-- How do I create the relationships to reflect this path? PS How do I attach a pic of my problem? Jeannette Cunningham already posted a response to your question back on 12/21, but perhaps you didn't see/understand it so we can try again. Your question is a little hard to understand, so...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

security report is wrong
Hi everybody - I have enabled activity tracking - when a user goes to admistration/company - and views company information [no changes are made just viewed] the activity report shows that the company master file was modified. How can this be correct? On Jul 15, 7:25=A0am, Mich...@nyresume.com <Michaelnyresume...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi everybody - > > I have enabled activity tracking - when a user goes to admistration/compa= ny > - and views company information [no changes are made just viewed] the > activity report shows that the company master file w...

Missing Entries on Budget Reports on 2004
My main objective in using MS Money is to track spending vs. budget. Have complete budget created and but monthly budget report leaves budget column blank for several entries, therefore overspent.. What is up with this??? ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

Reporting Categories ...
Hi Folks, When I look at the transactions for a category, it seems to default to it's own date range for the transactions it shows(last november to current). Is there a way to view the transactions in a particular category for a date range that I specify? Thanks, Jack Coletti Tools bar Reports -> Reports gallery-> Spending by Category ; then at the very bottom there is a date range drop down box. Alternatively, once on a report, double click the date heading to get to a customization screen . Hope this Helps, mitch >-----Original Message----- >Hi Folks, > >When...

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

The Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for Wednesday (October 21, 2009)
NSE India : S&P CNX Nifty The Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for: Wednesday (October 21, 2009) (Based on the activity of the previous trading day) By Dominic Rebello Review of the Previous day: The Nifty fell moderately on Tuesday (October 20, 2009) a net 27.35 points (0.53%) and closed at the 5114 point level. The market opened up and continued so until 10:18 hours when it reached its day high at 5181 points. Then it fell and turned into a range bound movement until closing at the day. The market moved in a range of 77 points. Sentiment turned bearish in the latter half of ...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...

Insert Table in Report
This may sound like a very dumb question, but is there a way to insert a table in a report and have various fields displayed in the cells within the table? Thanks so much! -- Thanks! Dee Dee I'm not tracking on what you want to achieve... If you have a table (*or tables*) of data, and if you create a query that returns the data you wish to see, you can create a report to print out those values. What do you mean by "displayed in the cells within the table"? What table? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Payroll reports
Is there a way to get a report of the hours indvidual HOURS WORKED BY EACH EMPLOYEE BY DEPARTMANT FOR A SINGLE PAY PERIOD -- DJohnson You could use the "Employee Wage and Hour" report and modify it to sort and group by department. The department code is included in the main table. "DJohnson" wrote: > Is there a way to get a report of the hours indvidual HOURS WORKED BY EACH > EMPLOYEE BY DEPARTMANT FOR A SINGLE PAY PERIOD > -- > DJohnson You could also use SmartList to export the pay code records from the Payroll Historical Transactions folder and th...

Sharepoint Linked Table
Hi! I just inherited an Access 2003 database which has a linked table to Sharepoint (dbo_...) without any problem. When you view the actual table from Sharepoint it only has 5 fields, but in Access 2003 have 12 fields. It gets updated without any issue. We are in the process of converting to Access 2007 and the linked table is different from Access 2003. Most of the columns are dropped. Would anyone know how I can keep the same exact column layout (# of columns) as in 2003? This is necessary, because in the code, the linked table updates the local table. Also, we must leave as is, beca...