Limitation of Camapaign in Workflow manager?

Hi All,

   I found that there is no 'Create Activity' or 'Send Email' in
Campaign/Campaign activities/ campaign response in workflow manager. Is it a
limitation by default in MSCRM?

   I want to notify multiple users by email in a Campaign Approval process
and create a campaign activities automation based on field changes in
campaign (No relationship can be created between Campaign activities and
customized table also). If the limitation is the case, is there any
alternative to achieve it?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Andy
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I posted this question as well a few days before you Andy, (although
specifically for Campaign Response entity), and haven't had any response. All
the marketing department wants to do with workflow right now is notify sales
owners of new campaign responses, and the marketing entities are missing the
email action in workflow. My CRM team is thinking about how best to work
around this issue and will let you know if they come up with anything.

"Andy" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>    I found that there is no 'Create Activity' or 'Send Email' in
> Campaign/Campaign activities/ campaign response in workflow manager. Is it a
> limitation by default in MSCRM?
>
>    I want to notify multiple users by email in a Campaign Approval process
> and create a campaign activities automation based on field changes in
> campaign (No relationship can be created between Campaign activities and
> customized table also). If the limitation is the case, is there any
> alternative to achieve it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Best Regards,
> Andy
Thanks for your reply.

I am looking forward to seeing your team idea.

Best Regards,
Andy

"Jake" wrote:

> I posted this question as well a few days before you Andy, (although
> specifically for Campaign Response entity), and haven't had any response. All
> the marketing department wants to do with workflow right now is notify sales
> owners of new campaign responses, and the marketing entities are missing the
> email action in workflow. My CRM team is thinking about how best to work
> around this issue and will let you know if they come up with anything.
>

> "Andy" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >    I found that there is no 'Create Activity' or 'Send Email' in
> > Campaign/Campaign activities/ campaign response in workflow manager. Is it a
> > limitation by default in MSCRM?
> >
> >    I want to notify multiple users by email in a Campaign Approval process
> > and create a campaign activities automation based on field changes in
> > campaign (No relationship can be created between Campaign activities and
> > customized table also). If the limitation is the case, is there any
> > alternative to achieve it?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Andy
I'm with you - Andy and Jake.  I want to create Letter activities and assign
them to a team member based on "Response Code" among other things.
Automating literature requests and the follow ups that come along with them
becomes possible if the campaign response rule simply did what its cousins
(orders, cases, etc) do.  VERY FRUSTRATING.  RESULT IS TIME WASTED.

MS - What do you think?

"Jake" wrote:

> I posted this question as well a few days before you Andy, (although
> specifically for Campaign Response entity), and haven't had any response. All
> the marketing department wants to do with workflow right now is notify sales
> owners of new campaign responses, and the marketing entities are missing the
> email action in workflow. My CRM team is thinking about how best to work
> around this issue and will let you know if they come up with anything.
>

> "Andy" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >    I found that there is no 'Create Activity' or 'Send Email' in
> > Campaign/Campaign activities/ campaign response in workflow manager. Is it a
> > limitation by default in MSCRM?
> >
> >    I want to notify multiple users by email in a Campaign Approval process
> > and create a campaign activities automation based on field changes in
> > campaign (No relationship can be created between Campaign activities and
> > customized table also). If the limitation is the case, is there any
> > alternative to achieve it?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Andy
I am hitting exactly the same issue with Campaign Responses. I had
already created a workflow assembly to send an email (to send from a
queue - something else that workflow doesn't seem to be able to do),
and tries to re-use it on the marketing response entity.
However, I didn't know how to set the To field. What entityname would I
use? The customer field is a partylist, and so could have many records
of different types in there.

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

Very frustrating.

Ian.

Soundmill_Wil wrote:
> I'm with you - Andy and Jake.  I want to create Letter activities and assign
> them to a team member based on "Response Code" among other things.
> Automating literature requests and the follow ups that come along with them
> becomes possible if the campaign response rule simply did what its cousins
> (orders, cases, etc) do.  VERY FRUSTRATING.  RESULT IS TIME WASTED.
>
> MS - What do you think?
>
> "Jake" wrote:
>
> > I posted this question as well a few days before you Andy, (although
> > specifically for Campaign Response entity), and haven't had any response. All
> > the marketing department wants to do with workflow right now is notify sales
> > owners of new campaign responses, and the marketing entities are missing the
> > email action in workflow. My CRM team is thinking about how best to work
> > around this issue and will let you know if they come up with anything.
> >

> > "Andy" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > >    I found that there is no 'Create Activity' or 'Send Email' in
> > > Campaign/Campaign activities/ campaign response in workflow manager. Is it a
> > > limitation by default in MSCRM?
> > >
> > >    I want to notify multiple users by email in a Campaign Approval process
> > > and create a campaign activities automation based on field changes in
> > > campaign (No relationship can be created between Campaign activities and
> > > customized table also). If the limitation is the case, is there any
> > > alternative to achieve it?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > > Andy

0
Ian

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Multiple instances of Outlook in Task Manager
I'm not sure if this is a problem, but when I examine the task manager listing I have many instances of outlook loaded. Like now, there are currently 6 entries. I'd like to ask "Why", and what is not unloading when it should? I have not used Word or Excel for the last few days, but I do use "send to" from time to time to forward items via email. I have not done detailed research as to how this issue arises. Any info would be gratefully received. It has not (to my knowledge) caused anything catastrophic (yet). Ian What version of Outlook are you...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Custom workflow
I'm REALLY struggling with creating a custom workflow. If I describe the scenario, maybe some kind person might point the right direction.... Our CRM uses a Service Activity to schedule training for Contacts. We open a Case, attach a new Service Activity, and on the Service Activity form there is a "Customers" field which allows you to attach multiple Contacts. We've added a custom picklist called Service Status to the form. When the Service Activity is completed (by changing the Status to "Complete"), we need to automatically updated all of the associated Cont...

Password management and Crystal Reports problem.
We've run into a problem with passwords in GP 7.0. We're trying to use Crystal Reports to do custom reporting, and the user should be able to use their GP login/password in Crystal. However apparently GP will encrypt or otherwise obfuscate the users password if the user is setup through GP. This then prevents the user from using their GP login/password as their actual password is different than what they set it to. If I manually set their password using Enterprise Manager then they can use the same login/password for both GP and Crystal, but they are no longer able to change their pas...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Emails from Workflow
Hi when you send emails through workflow, the sender is by default the administrator. If i login to the CRM server as another user (User A), and then open up Workflow manager and create a rule that would send emails, would the recipient see this new 'User A' as the sender of the email ? ...

Managed User yet No Answer
Hi, I have several posts that are over a week old and have no responses. I am set up as a managed user. These issues are pressing and I need answers. The support agreement we have says we'll receive a response within 48 hours. "If you are enrolled in Standard A, Standard B or Elite, you receive Managed Newsgroups. With this benefit, if someone from the community doesn't answer your question within two business days, a Microsoft Business Solutions support engineer will respond." We are enrolled in the Standard A plan. What can I do if I don't get a response as in...

Problem with importing workflow when workflow consists of "send e-mail
When exporting - importing workflows from one environment to another, I encounter a problem when the workflow consists of "send e-mail - new message" actions. The bodytext (including all the dynamic fields) of the email embedded in the worfklow is not imported, so I have a blank body The subjectline is kept, but any dynamic fields in the subjectline are corrupted. The target system no longer recognizes them as dynamic fields but interpretes them as plain text. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Tnx in advance Jurgen Not a solution I'm afraid but confirmation of th...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Duplicate email activities from workflow rule
I have a workflow rule created that does the following: When an appointment is assigned to another user, an email is sent to a user (I have tried both a logical user and a system user) giving them a description of the appointment. When the appointment is assigned, the workflow rule fires but it creates two email activities. When you navigate to History for the account, it shows one email created by the User, and an identical email that was created by SYSTEM. Does anyone have any thoughts on why there are two identical emails created? Thanks in advance! ~Dave Dave, One possibility is tha...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

Money 2005 Bug: Portfolio toolbar button loads blank page titled Portfolio Manager
Problem Description: Clicking on the Portfolio toolbar button loads a blank page that's titled Portfolio Manager. That's it! I can't see any of my open positions, etc... using this toolbar button. Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Dell Computer Corporation, Dimension 8200 Processor model and speed: I586IV, 1994 MHz Memory (RAM): 523.276 MB The only input I can offer is that I have the same problem on one computer, but it works fine on the other. I converted from 2004 Delu...

Multiple SMTP connectors in the queue for exhange system manager 2k3!
Hi, Starting today I�m getting reports from the monitoring service on SBS2k3 that says. SMTP Server Remote Queue Length Alert A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue. Verify that you have Internet connectivity. If you can view Web sites normally, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to determine if there is a problem with their e-mail server. You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting taskpad. Well, off I am into the queue in exchange systemmanager...

pivot table limitation
Hi, when i tried to generate an excel report. It gives me an error message "Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the PivotTable report, or to the page position. Alternatively, right-click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu. Error in generating report. Please contact Administrator!" What can i do with this message? Is this the data volumne limitation for pivot table? Thanks for your help You have hit one of Excel's limitations. For pivot tab...

mailbox limit notifications
How can I force on Ecxhange server that notifications of mailbox limit are always sent on english language, not taking care of users language settings in Outlook? If the language setting on the server is set to English, then the notification should be English (per http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;277856) If that is not the case, you may want to verify that you are running the latest service pack for the OS and Exchange as well as the latest updates. Doug Blanchard [MSFT] Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup p...

User Manager Error 01-20-06
User Manager returns error "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY/NETWORK SERVICE'. (80040e4d)" after applying rollup 2. Any ideas? ...

PST File Size Limitation
I am unable to open my PST file. I have run the Inbox repair tool. This is the second time this has happened. In an Outlook 2000 and W2K Internet Only Mail envirmonment, is there a file size limitation for PST files? On two separate occasions, the files have either become corrupted or have not responded around the 2GB file size. If there is a limitation? Could this be the reason? Are there any means of extending that limit and restoring my PST files? yes. pst files do have size limitations. large table support not enabled (default for outlook 97 - 2000) * 16000 items per fold...

Please Read
I have a campaign template that I'd like to have a workflow trigger when I create a campaign from the template. This workflow creates a monthly mail merge activity. I can't figure out how to trigger the workflow. I have a check condition which says if the parent campaign named "PMC" and the actual start date contains data to fire the workflow. The checked box is when record is created. I'm just not having any luck with this, please share your wisdom and point me in the right direction. Thanks! ...

Storage limit #2
I'm a new Exchange Server user. From a document of Microsoft I found that Exchange Server standard edition with SP2 "storage limits have increased to 75 gigabytes (GB)" What does it mean? Does it mean that all storage (mailboxes and public folders) added together cannot exceed 75GB? If one day the total storage exceed 75GB, what will happen? Ming Choi wrote: > I'm a new Exchange Server user. From a document of Microsoft I found that > Exchange Server standard edition with SP2 "storage limits have increased to > 75 gigabytes (GB)" What does it me...

Limit values in combo box
I have a form frmEst with a subform sfrMat. On sfrMat are two combo boxes, cboCat to choose a Category and cboPartNo to choose a Part Number. I want to limit the choices in cboPartNo to only those parts that are members of the Category chosen in cboCat. I'm really struggling with the code to make this work. Help, please. Ivor This is a common question. Check out this website for details: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm HTH Damon "Ivor Williams" <ivorwilliams@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:mFH1i.179150$DE1.12092@pd7urf2no... >I have a form frmEs...

Unable to install Exchange System Manager
Hello, I only get the option to "upgrade" when trying to install the Exchange System Manager for Exchange 2003. I'm running Windows XP sp1. I did have the Exchange 5.5 tools installed however I've since removed them. I've installed IIS locally and do have local admin priviledges. As far as the domain goes, I've installed the Active Directory Connector (I'm installing Exchange 2003 in an Exchange 5.5 environment) and thus have run forest prep, domain prep. I have installed the ESM on the Domain Controllers with no problem. Any ideas? Thanks! ...