lead source field not populating during import

I added more choises to the lead source pull down.  Restarted IIS.  When I go
into CRM they show up fine and I can choose them for a new lead.

However I am importing leads (using Scribe) and I cannot get this field to
populate.  If I assign the number value associated with each pull down choice
I get the number in that field.  If I put nothing in that field to import
when I go into CRM only the original choices for the pull downs are there,
not the ones I added.

I know I published them because I can see them if I'm just adding a lead
from within CRM

Any suggestions anyone.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

Did you try to re-do your connection in scribe. If I remember, we had this
problem and after it was working find.

Sylvie

"wendileigh" wrote:

> I added more choises to the lead source pull down.  Restarted IIS.  When I go
> into CRM they show up fine and I can choose them for a new lead.
>
> However I am importing leads (using Scribe) and I cannot get this field to
> populate.  If I assign the number value associated with each pull down choice
> I get the number in that field.  If I put nothing in that field to import
> when I go into CRM only the original choices for the pull downs are there,
> not the ones I added.
>
> I know I published them because I can see them if I'm just adding a lead
> from within CRM
>
> Any suggestions anyone.

I'm having a similar issue, but I've gotten the new lead source code/values
into CRM. What I can't figure out is how to get the new choises into the lead
source pull down. How did you do that?

"wendileigh" wrote:

> I added more choises to the lead source pull down.  Restarted IIS.  When I go
> into CRM they show up fine and I can choose them for a new lead.
>
> However I am importing leads (using Scribe) and I cannot get this field to
> populate.  If I assign the number value associated with each pull down choice
> I get the number in that field.  If I put nothing in that field to import
> when I go into CRM only the original choices for the pull downs are there,
> not the ones I added.
>
> I know I published them because I can see them if I'm just adding a lead
> from within CRM
>
> Any suggestions anyone.

Can I import 1 publisher document into another?
I am working with an extensive document(s) that were done by the person who previously held my position. She did it in individual sections. I want to combine all the individual elements into one document. Any suggestions? Cyndi Mary has directions for doing something like this with mail merge. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "cyndi" <cyndi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82907CF8-3E36-4381-A9D7-B9AA632C83F1@microsof...

Integration manager
This may actually be an Excel question but, I'm trying to import SOP transactions with multiple items from a single source file. The source file has one row per transaction with the various items I need included as columns within that row (unfortunately I can't change the format of the source file). Each order can contain up to 4 different items (but never more than 4). I don't know of a way to make IM read multiple versions of the source for each potential SOP line and haven't been able to come up with another approach so far, other than manually re-formating the sour...

Userdefined field
I have set up a userdefined field for text and put in in the inbox view, but I am being very dim and can not work out how to put any text in the field against any particular email. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Barbara Make sure that in the settings for the view (click the Other Settings button), you have "Allow in-cell editing" checked. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Barbara Wiseman" wrote: > I have se...

Importing Pictures from PhotoDraw into Publisher
I have Office 2000 with PhotoDraw 1.0 and Publisher SP-3. I am having difficulty importing pictures from PhotoDraw to Publisher. Stock images in Photodraw (those already in as templates etc. import fine. When I make images and save them as .mix files, they do not import. I have checked to make sure the .mix converters from Publisher are installed and they are. Any thoughts? Try a drag and drop. Will they open in Word? Maybe a copy/paste? Can you covert them to another format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

Reports Library in Customer Source
This may sound dumb, but I don't like to assume anything ... All the reports on Customer Source are for "Great Plains Release 7.0". Our version is 7.5. Will these work with our version ? TIA, Ken Yes, the 7.0 reports library reports work just fine with 7.5 Leslie "ms" wrote: > This may sound dumb, but I don't like to assume anything ... > > All the reports on Customer Source are for "Great Plains Release 7.0". > > Our version is 7.5. Will these work with our version ? > > TIA, > > Ken > > > ...

Lead to Product and Lead to Competitor relationships
While browsing MS CRM logical DB Diagrams (http://www.microsoft.com/ dynamics/crm/using/sdk/DBDiagrams.mspx) for Sales Entities, I have found many-to-many relationship between Lead and Competitor entities. In SQL Server I made a diagram with the following tables: LeadBase, ProductBase and CompetitorBase and then I added tables LeadCompetitors, LeadProduct (these tables contain no data in my case). You can see my diagram below. I saw many-to-many relationships between Lead & Product and Lead & Competitor. As far as I understand, these relationships must support functionality for adding ...

What is the SystemUserBase
We've got 3 crm environments all with their own domains - live, test and dev. I'm investigating why we cant add users from our main(live) domain to the dev environment, and can't edit existing users from the live domain on the dev domain I've noticed a field on the SystemUserBase table called ActiveDirectoryGUID. My first impression was that it was the id of the relevant AD account, however the live guid for my crm account is different from the ActiveDirectoryGUID on my test crm account, and both records work fine. Whereas the ActiveDirectoryGUID on dev (which has problems) is ...

Pivot Table
Hi My data in table are very simply organised as below: --------------------------------------------- Res.no City Code Var1 Var2 Var3 --------------------------------------------- 1 City1 CD0001 num num num 2 City1 CD0002 num num num 3 City1 CD0003 num num num 4 City1 CD0004 num num num 5 City1 CD0005 num num num 6 City2 CD0006 num num num 7 City2 CD0007 num num num 8 City2 CD0008 num num num 9 City2 CD0009 num num num 10 City3 CD0010 num num num 11 City4 CD0011 num num num 12 City3 CD0012 num num num 13 City3 CD0013 num num num 14 City3 CD0014 num num num 15 City1 CD0015 num nu...

Converting Lead Notes and Activies information into Opportunity re
The Lead Activities (phone calls, emails, task, appointments, fax, letter) and the Notes created while working on a Lead do not "convert" into the Opportunity. To get this information, you have to go to Closed Leads or drill down through the Originating Lead link. I've read that this will be in 2.0 but in the meantime, can anyone suggest a simple workaround. I would also like to hear about the best way to do this, simple or note. If I create new fields in the Lead form and map them to new fields in the opportunity form, the activity functionality is reduced to that of ...

Outlook 2002 Contact Phone Number Field Formatting
Why don't phone numbers entered in the phone number contact fields on Outlook 2002 automatically format to include the paren's and hyphens? If this is suppose to happen, what is the setting to make it happen? They do here and always have. What are you seeing? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer mike <michael.kelner@fmr.com> asked: | Why don't phone numbers entered in the phone number | contact fields on Outlook 2002 automatically format to | include th...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Importing additional contact info (appending), attaching items to contacts
Hello, I have a few general-purpose outlook questions for the folks on this group. First of all, I would like to know if there is a way to access outlook data in a "flat" form. I would like to append notes to about 3000 contacts that I currently have in a Public Contacts Folder, and I am not sure how I can actually append the notes to the contact records, instead of re-creating the contact records. Any clues? Second, we have had some trouble with the "activities view" on contacts. Could anyone here explain how it might be configured for best use? What I am thinking ri...

The one source for SEO Services
After using 10 different seo companies over the last 2 years for all my sites the only one that got me the conversion rates like I wanted was http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com Atomic SEO. Really, I thought their prices were outstanding, by that I mean expensive but after two months of service, it was worth every dollar. Here is their pricing, http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com/Monthy_plan_rates-seo-services.html How do you think their rates compare? ...

help to create variables record sources.
Hi. I need to build a report over a query. but my problem is that the columns colums source are not fixed. imagine: if I have choose the January option from a combobox on FormA I want that the column A in report gets me the query column YTDDecember, but if I choose the option on form September I that the column get me the query column YTDAugust. How can I do this? should I have a table or something? to put this type of information? Regards, Marco Why not fix your column name(s)? If you can't figure out how to do this, you will need to provide some significant information about...

Updating a date field when checkbox is checked
Oh I feel a bit of a wally posting this but - can anyone tell me how to update a specific date field when a specific checkbox is ticked. This needs to be at individual record level. Many thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Serialize/Deserialize .NET Classes to SQL Server http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d26d1592-1420-482b-bc90-1b7d49a5a354/serializedeserialize-ne.aspx If you want to do it as you Tick the checkBox use something like this. Private Sub cbxDoDateThing_Click() If cbxDoDateThing Then Me!txtStartDate = Dat...

Add fields to Business Portal Electronic Doument Delivery report
The Electronic Doument Delivery manual states that if you need to modify a report, you need to use Crystal Reports. We have successfully managed to modify the layout of a report however we were not successful when trying to add fields which are not available. So how can you add fields which are not available in the existing electronic delivery documents? It seem that the fields available are located in some xml business object which we don't have access to. Regards, Maria ...

CSV File
I am opening a common delimted file in Excel and formating 2 fields as "text" to retain leading zeros. They appear correctly in Excel. I then need to save as a "csv" file and retain the leading zeros. How can I do this? The zero's always drop off in the csv file when retrieved again in excel. TIA hi, do you need to save the csv every time, if you save I agree it will remove the zeros. There is no perfect solution to this but if your file format is standard, you may consider preparing a excel template with the repeate, concencanate and left and right formul...

Select tab to import from excel spreadsheet in Macro
I have one excel file that contains multiple tabs. Is it possible to select a specific tab to import in a Macro? I have static labels on these tabs that can be referenced. If so, which function would that be? Your help is appreciated! Kanley Just to clarify, I just need to import one tab at a time, but when i specify the worksheet name in the range field as WORKSHEET!, it wouldn't take it. Please help! On Oct 30, 11:29 am, KT <kan...@rocketmail.com> wrote: > I have one excel file that contains multiple tabs. Is it possible to > select a specific tab to import in a Mac...

Fill leading zeros
I have a SELECT statement that I want to fill leading zeros in one column and trailing blanks in another column up to xx characters. For example SELECT CAST(EmployeeNumber AS varchar(8)) If the EmployeeNumber is 1234 I want to output 00001234 SELECT CAST(LastName AS varchar(15)) If the LastName is SMITH I want to output SMITHxxxxxxxxxx where x = space Could this be done by casting a CHAR(15)? Thanks. -- David DavidC wrote: > SELECT CAST(EmployeeNumber AS varchar(8)) > If the EmployeeNumber is 1234 I want to output 00001234 SELECT RIGHT('00000000' + CAS...

Data Source for Analytical Accounting
When I run any of the queries for Analytical Accounting, it processes partially and then appears to hang. If I go to the Task Manager, I can see a task for Select Data Source. When I swtich to the that task, I can select a data source and then must login and the query finishes writing to Excel. How can I setup the data source to be saved, selected and logged into, automatically. It does not seem like this should be something a user has to do each time. Thanks I am having same problem too,moreover the screen of multilevel query is displayed at status bar,I cant restore it or close ...

Generate Leads/Accounts/Cases from a public website?
Greetings all, My employer asked me to investigate using a public .Net website to help generate information to be used in CRM. Specifically, he'd like our website to have webforms that, when filled out and submitted, would generate leads, accounts, or cases depending on what our needs are (I suspect generating leads would suffice for now). Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this? I've found it difficult to find information online concerning this. We're currently using CRM 3.0 although I'd be interested to know what differences would be in...

importing from Word #4
I am using Publisher 2002 (SP3). I am trying to make a mutli page( 44pg) directory with pictures and addresses. The original adddress file is in Excel. I did a mail merge into Word and now would like to take that information into Publisher to put together the directory. The page size of this directory is 7 x 8 1/2 so the flat size is 8 1/2 x 14. First I set up the page layout in Publisher and then used the Import Word document. It changes the the page size and paper size back to 8 1/2 x 11. Is there a way that I can keep my page size and still transfer my information from Word. ...

Onload Hide Field
Hi I am trying to hide a field when a certain value is selected in a picklist. I pasted the code in Onload event of the case form: { if (crmForm.all.new_closecase.SelectedText == 'No') document.getElementById("_MIresolve").style.display = 'none' } I keep getting an error stating 'Object Required'. Would someone please provide a bit of assistance in solving this error. Many Thanks Mark Hi I solved this simply by inserting, if (crmForm.FormType !=1) at the top of the script. Thanks Mark "Mark Braithwaite" wrote: > Hi > > I am tr...

Lead Number
Hi, I want to count the number of lead in the database with reports, but don't known how to do ? If anyone has an idea ? Thanks Bernard You won't be able to accomplish this by using the Report Wizard. You need to use the SRS BI tool for Visual Studio. HTH SS "info@alsaceformation.fr" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to count the number of lead in the database with reports, but > don't known how to do ? If anyone has an idea ? > > Thanks > Bernard > On 14 ao=FBt, 16:01, SS <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > You won't be able t...

Source
hi Is there any way to view the renderd source of the crm page??? (the HTML source) :) Jack Here is an option: Ctrl-N from any Microsoft CRM window will display the default IE menu. Then View>Source. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >hi >Is there any way to view the renderd source of the crm page??? (the HTML >source) :) > >Jack > > > > > > > > > > > >. > ...