My client has several retail locations and they are using CRM in conjunction
with their POS system. Therefore, CRM Orders has received a lot of
customization to make it as slim, trim, and "Mouse-Click-Free" as possible.

In the spirit of reducing even more mouse clicks, they have asked if we
could launch a custom report (Basically the Order Report, renamed "Order
Receipt") when the "Submit Order" button (re-named by Scribe's CRM to GP
Integration) is clicked. The Receipt would render and then be printed for the
cusomter.

The report is context sensitive, the OrderId parameter is passed by
selected Order record.

I have intercepted the Submit Order click event, now I need to lauch the
report. I'm currently trying to execute the "RunReport" action, but it is not
working. Here's the code I am using. Everything works accept the RunReport
Action:

var myOrderId = crmForm.ObjectId;

myOrderId = myOrderId.replace("{","");
myOrderId = myOrderId.replace("}","");
myAction = "crmForm.RunReport(true, "\x7b" + myOrderId + "\x7d", "", 1,
"Order Receipt.rdl&quot)";
alert(myOrderId);
alert(myAction);
var submitOrderButton = "_MBprocessOrder";
var menuButton = document.getElementById(submitOrderButton);

    if (menuButton !=null)
    {
        document.all._MBprocessOrder.onclick = function()
        {
            alert("Submit Order Code");
            // Run the Receipt Report
            window.execScript(myAction);
            // Submit the Order to GP
            window.execScript("processOrder()");

        }
    }

If there's a way that I could build the report's URL and pass the Order
Record GUID, I would love to do that, but I don't know how to open a webpage
using JScript, nor how to define the URL.

--
MD

0
MD1 (196)
4/12/2008 7:31:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Reporting Issue
Hi everyone, We recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0 with no major difficulties other than noone (even admins) could save System Settings. After some searching we noticed that, the services were running under 'Network' even though we stated we wanted the services to use a specific domain account during setup. So I changed the account to the correct domain account and then reset the keribos key using the key management tools. But now when you try to run a report is pops up a dialog box asking for 'Enter a user name and password to access the data source:' . I doesnt matter ...

Pay Out Report #2
Does anyone have a report for RMS that shows the Pay Out? If you do, please send to me. I would really appreciate it. Hey Errol We just use the Tender Report because it shows all payouts as they are minus figures. It incorporates the refunds also. Payouts are only currently reported on the Z read. You would have to have a report designed to show this. If I come across one I'll let you know. -- Jenny "Errol Leu - CCS Guyana" wrote: > Does anyone have a report for RMS that shows the Pay Out? If you do, please > send to me. I would really appreciate it. Hi Craig...

Crystal Reports 2008
Is it possible to pass parameters from .NET application to the dynamic SQL Command in the Crystal report based on the Ms Access 2008 database? If yes, how? If you are saying you have a source of data in an Access database (I'm not aware of a 2008 version of Access), and you want to get at .NET parameters, I'd think you'd get more help in one of the .NET newsgroups. Access doesn't care who looks at it's data, so the "how" in your situation may be more relevant to .NET or Crystal Reports. Good luck! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP ...

Format when "0" is the first letter
I have a Excel document that has many cells with "0" as the first character of a string of numbers. When I change the format to number, the "0" would disappear. If I use Custom and type multiple 0s, the 0 stays but they would not stay when I do mail merge in Word. What can I do to retain the "0" in Excel and be able to mail merge without losing the "0"? Thanks, cpliu Have you looked at WORD's options for formatting the field? On 16 Jul 2004 20:45:02 GMT, cpliu <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have a Excel document tha...

vc6.0 debug mode
Hi I am really having trouble of debugging the program when using the debug mode. The whole window just freezes and took a long time to go to the break point. does anyone have the same situation? If you do and even don't know how to fix it, pls still let me know so I know I am not alone. thanks a lot. ...

Report writer wrap
We use lengthy item descriptions on invoices. What won't the description wrap and print in full when we make the field longer? The ability to grow and shrink is not a feature that Report Writer has for fields. You would have split it into parts. This is one issue that always drives me to a third-party report writer, like Crystal. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Elaine" wrote: > We use lengthy item descriptions on invoices. What won't the description > wrap and print in full when we make the field longer? That is frustrating and creates more work. I created two...

Removing Buttons #2
Dave, Not sure if a new post will help or not - but I wanted to also add that some of the error messages from your macro were 'out of memory'. But when I returned to the spreadsheet I noticed the formula line for the button read =EMBED("FORMS.HTML:Submitbutton.1","") and the button was surrounded by the 4 little circles and I was able to delete one button -- but could not repeat the process. Steve >-----Original Message----- >If there's no shapes you want to keep, maybe this'll do it for you. > >(Save your file first--just in case.) ...

problem with importing customizations into 3.0
I need to import a customizations file from another system. I load up customizations file, it shows me many entities in the list, I click on the Import All Customizations button, the "Importing Customizations" dialog comes up and stays forever with the Ok button disabled (well, at least for more than 4 hours). Same happens if I select just one entity from the list and use the "Import Selected Customizations" option. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! ...

item movement report #4
hi hope someone can help. i need a report that tells me what is not moving from my warehouse. items with qoh but no trans out in last 3 -4 months thanks hi, earlier i posted the report pleaes check with item movement. "hozay" wrote: > hi > hope someone can help. i need a report that tells me what is > not moving from my warehouse. > items with qoh but no trans out in last 3 -4 months > thanks ...

slow launch
My work laptop is becoming almost unbearable lately. After logon the wallpaper appears immediately but the Taskbar and Desktop icons take fully three minutes before they even appear! Add another two or more minutes for the disk activity to slow down and it can take me at least five minutes after logon to be able to open any application. During this time the disk activity LED is essentially solid on, so something is happening in the background. After everything stops the laptop acts normally and is not slow during use. There is one application, FreeCommander, that once launched ta...

Electronic report or file layout for Federal and/or State reports
Hello, does GP have the capability to support all some state and federal electronic reporting and available electronic new hire reporting? -- Thanks for your help ...

MFC to launch MsDev
I am running MsDev 7.1 I would like to from a MFC project use automation to launch MsDev then load a text file etc... The problem is that when I use the 'Add Class' and select 'MFC Class from Typelib' and then choose 'Microsoft Development Environment 7.0' type library I cannot determine what interface to generate the class for. There is no _Application interface or similar like there is for each of the Office applications. MSDN documentation regarding MsDev automation has not been updated (shame!), and I am at a loss. Ideas? - Marty ...

Changing the Order of Data Entry
When the form was first built, the fields when tabbed were in order. A field was added for Middle Initial and now when you tab it skips over it and comes to it last. Is there a way to repair this other than rebuilding the form from scratch? Thanks On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:22:00 -0700, Novice2000 wrote: > When the form was first built, the fields when tabbed were in order. A field > was added for Middle Initial and now when you tab it skips over it and comes > to it last. > > Is there a way to repair this other than rebuilding the form from scratch? > > Thanks No p...

Custom Fields on CRM based reports
We have customised our copy of CRM and need to get the custom fields (CFSTestField for example) onto our Crystal Reports, but when using the CRM connection, it only seems to return the standard fields. Has anyone managed to get custom fields added to crystal reports without going to the database directly? In order for the custom fields to appear, you will need to verify the database from within Crystal Reports. After opening the report use the Verify Database option on the Database menu Good luck. ...

Aging Report Feasibility
I would like to change RM Summary Historical Aged Trail Balance to show multicurrency. Is it possible or Is there any other report which serves the purpose or any other report I can take it as a base. If its possible can any one give me the steps that I need to do. -- Thanks Sudha That really depends what you mean by multicurrency. Have you tried un- checking the "Excluse Multicurrency Info" box in the report options? That shows a MC version of the same report, which may or may not be what you need. On Nov 20, 10:48=A0am, Sudha <Su...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

access report 12-17-07
How can I retrieve the count of records of different names from a single field with the DCount function? I can retrieve from a field such as [ethnicity] the number of say, Irish using in control source =DCount ("[Ethnicity]","qryX","[Ethnicity]='Irish' "), which works fine. But if I need the count of Irish and also the Canadians, using =DCount ("[Ethnicity]","qryX","[Ethnicity]='Irish' AND 'Canadians' ") does not pick up the second entry, ie Canadians. Can anyone help? Try: =DCount ("[Ethnicity]&...

FIB report
We are diagnosing an existing Great Plains installation that has a text file called DYNFIB.txt in the Great Plains root directory of one of the workstations. This file contains some statistics about tables in the company database... and one of the columns is titled "FIB." It is a log of some sort that is updated whenever one logs in to Great Plains. We have been unable to determine what process starts this log... and have not been very successful at finding information about FIB in SQL Books Online. Does anyone know the nature of these FIB statistics? This file is generated b...

Inporting Act 6.0 to Outlook
Has anyone tried this? Are there any converters or work arounds that might make this work. What formats does Act! support for export? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Larry asked: | Has anyone tried this? Are there any converters or work | arounds that might make this work. I did it by syncing a palm to ACT then changing settings=20 and syncing ...

Reporting with PFDAVADMIN
We're upgrading from 5.5 to 2k3. "some" of our thousands of public folders use the "Folder Assistant" to autoreply. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=903289 states that I need to set SEND AS for the owners to be able to modify the rules. I don't know where they all are. I tried to use PFDAVADMIN 2.5 to do a content report and then to EXPORT PROPERTIES. I tried PR_HAS_RULES : 0x663A000B and PR_HAS_MODERATOR_RULES : 0x663F000B but they all came up as "0", even the ones that i KNOW use the Folder Assistant. Is there an unlisted (or one that I missed)...

CRM 3.0 Entity Limit for picklist records
Does anyone know or experienced if there is indeed a 2155 record limit (total records) of picklist per Entity in MS CRM 3.0? I am experiencing this now. I have about 6 to 7 Country picklist plus other picklists in Contact Entity. Now I was able to determine that for this particular entity (Contact) I reached 2155 picklist record already. When I delete on other unused picklist and add records to to-be used/displayed picklist entity I still add but can't get past 2155 record. If I try, I always get this error: Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------------------...

double launch at IE launch from quick launch
When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch. Most of the time I launch from the quick start bar. It happens also from the standard desktop icon also. ??? If you're looking for help here, the first piece of information we need is what version of Internet Explorer you are using and what version of Windows you are using (including the service pack number.) Next, keeping in mind that we are totally relying on your description, you need to explain exactly what a "double launch" means and why it happens only sometimes, along with any other detai...

Secure the forms, reports and data from change
In the previous access programs I was able to disable users ability to change objects and data. I want to do the same in Access 2007, I only want users to add data, but not to change data that is already there and also not to let users go into the design of the forms. Is this still possible? Thanks you need to do these steps to achieve what you want: change you form "default View" to Single Form and change Data Entry from "NO" to "YES" all these changes are in in Form properties in tabs FORM and DATA in order user do not make "Desing View" option, ...

Purchase Order Receipt report
I could not find a purchase order receipt report in Store Ops Manager. There are reports which provide a summary view of the purchase order, but not the detail of the PO items, qty received, and cost information. I need something that provides the info at a glance, and does not require the manager to drill down to the individual PO edit window. Bill Yater The Worth Collection, Ltd byater@worthltd.com ...

Multiple Series in order
I am working on compiling 6 equations into a single chart. However the equations have a point in them where one takes over (x axis) and the others start. However when I try and enter the series it restarts my second set of 3 equations over again at 0. They need to start at a different value further down along the x-axis. I have a pic of what it needs to look like but dont think i can upload on this forum. Got it figured out never mind "Mike" wrote: > I am working on compiling 6 equations into a single chart. However the > equations have a point in them where one takes...

Launching report from Switchboard launches Fax Wizard?
Hello, I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch a report: Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal End Sub The report is based on a query that has the following code: SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits, IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples, t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent = O.teamnumber WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum"...