Knowledge Base in CRM 3.0

Hi,

In MSFT CRM, is it possible to set some approval rule before the article
being published? Let say user A create the article and submit it. Once it's
being submitted, there is a group of people who can review this article. Then
this group of people can approve/reject it. Is it possible? I did not see the
WF associated with article/KB.

Another problem that i face, after i publish the article, when i browse to
KB> search and choose full text search, keyword search, title search for the
article that i just created, i could not find the article at all. I can find
my solution if i use the subject browse. Is it a bug?

Thx
Carrie
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Carrie,

KB Approval is catered for through security roles, not workflow

Newly published artilicles become searchable after up to 15 minutes, by
default. If they are not searchable after that time then you have a SQL
server issue or the default interval has been changed. (There is no bug
involved)

-----------------------

- Peter Lynch

"Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In MSFT CRM, is it possible to set some approval rule before the article
> being published? Let say user A create the article and submit it. Once
> it's
> being submitted, there is a group of people who can review this article.
> Then
> this group of people can approve/reject it. Is it possible? I did not see
> the
> WF associated with article/KB.
>
> Another problem that i face, after i publish the article, when i browse to
> KB> search and choose full text search, keyword search, title search for
> the
> article that i just created, i could not find the article at all. I can
> find
> my solution if i use the subject browse. Is it a bug?
>
> Thx
> Carrie

0
Peter
7/26/2006 12:58:07 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your information. I published my solution a week ago and till now
i still could not see them. Do you have any documentation that can help me on
troubleshoot the SQL for this context?

Thx,
Carrie

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Carrie,
>
> KB Approval is catered for through security roles, not workflow
>
> Newly published artilicles become searchable after up to 15 minutes, by
> default. If they are not searchable after that time then you have a SQL
> server issue or the default interval has been changed. (There is no bug
> involved)
>
> -----------------------
>
> - Peter Lynch
>

> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > In MSFT CRM, is it possible to set some approval rule before the article
> > being published? Let say user A create the article and submit it. Once
> > it's
> > being submitted, there is a group of people who can review this article.
> > Then
> > this group of people can approve/reject it. Is it possible? I did not see
> > the
> > WF associated with article/KB.
> >
> > Another problem that i face, after i publish the article, when i browse to
> > KB> search and choose full text search, keyword search, title search for
> > the
> > article that i just created, i could not find the article at all. I can
> > find
> > my solution if i use the subject browse. Is it a bug?
> >
> > Thx
> > Carrie

Unfortunately my documentation has Confidential - Partner only all over it!

See if you have a Full Text Catalog on the _MSCRM database called
ftcat_documentindex

If so, can you populate it?

If there is a scheduled job (to populate ftcat_documentindex), it it
enabled?

--

Peter

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your information. I published my solution a week ago and till
> now
> i still could not see them. Do you have any documentation that can help me
> on
> troubleshoot the SQL for this context?
>
> Thx,
> Carrie
>
> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
>> Carrie,
>>
>> KB Approval is catered for through security roles, not workflow
>>
>> Newly published artilicles become searchable after up to 15 minutes, by
>> default. If they are not searchable after that time then you have a SQL
>> server issue or the default interval has been changed. (There is no bug
>> involved)
>>
>> -----------------------
>>
>> - Peter Lynch
>>

>> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > In MSFT CRM, is it possible to set some approval rule before the
>> > article
>> > being published? Let say user A create the article and submit it. Once
>> > it's
>> > being submitted, there is a group of people who can review this
>> > article.
>> > Then
>> > this group of people can approve/reject it. Is it possible? I did not
>> > see
>> > the
>> > WF associated with article/KB.
>> >
>> > Another problem that i face, after i publish the article, when i browse
>> > for
>> > the
>> > article that i just created, i could not find the article at all. I can
>> > find
>> > my solution if i use the subject browse. Is it a bug?
>> >
>> > Thx
>> > Carrie

0
Peter
7/27/2006 3:25:19 PM
Hi Peter,

I have the ftcat_documentindex under my MSCRM DB. When i see the properties,
it's scheduled to be run every 15 min. The document index is enable. I did
not know whether it's the correct way. Anyway yesterday, i could find my
articles after i published it. What i did was i went to MSCRM DB> tables> doc
Index>full text index table> and start full population. After that, my
articles can be found.

But should i do this manually each time after i publish the articles?

Thx
Carrie

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Unfortunately my documentation has Confidential - Partner only all over it!
>
> See if you have a Full Text Catalog on the _MSCRM database called
> ftcat_documentindex
>
> If so, can you populate it?
>
> If there is a scheduled job (to populate ftcat_documentindex), it it
> enabled?
>
> --
>
> Peter
>

> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Thanks for your information. I published my solution a week ago and till
> > now
> > i still could not see them. Do you have any documentation that can help me
> > on
> > troubleshoot the SQL for this context?
> >
> > Thx,
> > Carrie
> >
> > "Peter Lynch" wrote:
> >
> >> Carrie,
> >>
> >> KB Approval is catered for through security roles, not workflow
> >>
> >> Newly published artilicles become searchable after up to 15 minutes, by
> >> default. If they are not searchable after that time then you have a SQL
> >> server issue or the default interval has been changed. (There is no bug
> >> involved)
> >>
> >> -----------------------
> >>
> >> - Peter Lynch
> >>

> >> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Carrie

Sounds like the scheduled job is not enabled. (by memory..) in SQL
Enterprise Manager, go to Management > SQL Server Agent > Jobs and make sure
the scheduled job is enabled.

No, you should not need to populate the index manually!

--

Peter
> Hi Peter,
>
> I have the ftcat_documentindex under my MSCRM DB. When i see the
> properties,
> it's scheduled to be run every 15 min. The document index is enable. I did
> not know whether it's the correct way. Anyway yesterday, i could find my
> articles after i published it. What i did was i went to MSCRM DB> tables>
> doc
> Index>full text index table> and start full population. After that, my
> articles can be found.
>
> But should i do this manually each time after i publish the articles?
>
> Thx
> Carrie
>

> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately my documentation has Confidential - Partner only all over
>> it!
>>
>> See if you have a Full Text Catalog on the _MSCRM database called
>> ftcat_documentindex
>>
>> If so, can you populate it?
>>
>> If there is a scheduled job (to populate ftcat_documentindex), it it
>> enabled?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Peter,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your information. I published my solution a week ago and
>> > till
>> > now
>> > i still could not see them. Do you have any documentation that can help
>> > me
>> > on
>> > troubleshoot the SQL for this context?
>> >
>> > Thx,
>> > Carrie

0
Peter
7/28/2006 1:20:23 PM
Hi,

I checked under the direction that you gave. There are 6 jobs available there.
Name                                         enable    runable     schedule
   last run date
MSCRM.update contract states      Y            Y                Y
 2/27/2006
MSCRM Identity Reseeding            Y            Y                Y
   2/25/2006
MSCRM Index Defragmentation      Y            Y                Y
2/27/2006
MSCRM Index Reindexing              Y            Y                Y
  2/25/2006
MSCRM Stored Procedure Priming  Y            Y                Y
6/26/2006
Start Incremental on MSCRM         Y            Y                Y
6/26/2006

I do not know why the last run date for start incremental is 6/26/2006? My
indexing services is running and so is the agent server.

Where else should i check??

Thx
Carrie

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Carrie
>
> Sounds like the scheduled job is not enabled. (by memory..) in SQL
> Enterprise Manager, go to Management > SQL Server Agent > Jobs and make sure
> the scheduled job is enabled.
>
> No, you should not need to populate the index manually!
>
> --
>
> Peter
> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > I have the ftcat_documentindex under my MSCRM DB. When i see the
> > properties,
> > it's scheduled to be run every 15 min. The document index is enable. I did
> > not know whether it's the correct way. Anyway yesterday, i could find my
> > articles after i published it. What i did was i went to MSCRM DB> tables>
> > doc
> > Index>full text index table> and start full population. After that, my
> > articles can be found.
> >
> > But should i do this manually each time after i publish the articles?
> >
> > Thx
> > Carrie
> >

> > "Peter Lynch" wrote:
> >
> >> Unfortunately my documentation has Confidential - Partner only all over
> >> it!
> >>
> >> See if you have a Full Text Catalog on the _MSCRM database called
> >> ftcat_documentindex
> >>
> >> If so, can you populate it?
> >>
> >> If there is a scheduled job (to populate ftcat_documentindex), it it
> >> enabled?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Peter
> >>

> >> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Peter,
  My name is Terry Seidensticker and I am having the same search problem. I
am a Microsoft Certified Partner and would like to know if I can get the SQL
information? If you need my Partner number I can e-mail it to you. My company
name is Offbase Systems Solutions, Inc in case you can find it that way.
Thanks

--
Thanks

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> Unfortunately my documentation has Confidential - Partner only all over it!
>
> See if you have a Full Text Catalog on the _MSCRM database called
> ftcat_documentindex
>
> If so, can you populate it?
>
> If there is a scheduled job (to populate ftcat_documentindex), it it
> enabled?
>
> --
>
> Peter
>

> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Thanks for your information. I published my solution a week ago and till
> > now
> > i still could not see them. Do you have any documentation that can help me
> > on
> > troubleshoot the SQL for this context?
> >
> > Thx,
> > Carrie
> >
> > "Peter Lynch" wrote:
> >
> >> Carrie,
> >>
> >> KB Approval is catered for through security roles, not workflow
> >>
> >> Newly published artilicles become searchable after up to 15 minutes, by
> >> default. If they are not searchable after that time then you have a SQL
> >> server issue or the default interval has been changed. (There is no bug
> >> involved)
> >>
> >> -----------------------
> >>
> >> - Peter Lynch
> >>

> >> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Variable Sales Tax Rates in Great Plains 8.0
Hello: We have a client that has customers in counties that have variable tax rates. The first $5000 is at 7%, and anything else above $5000 is 6%. Can Great Plains handle this? I know how to set up tax details and schedules in Great Plains 8.0 in SOP. So, I advised that the client set up two tax details—one tax detail for 7% at a maximum of $5,000.00 and the second tax detail for 6% on anything above $5,000.00. These two tax details could, then, be combined into a tax schedule for that county or multiple counties. The client says that this did not work, as the higher amount was t...

3 hours
Does anybody knows how the Build Checks process works? When we run Build Checks for all Salary employees, it takes >>> over 3 hours << to return the Build Checks and Deductions in Arrears reports. The reports indicate that 542 employees were processed (out of 1368 that we have in total when we count hourly employees). When I click on <Build> it shows the progress bars and they show the employee id's that are processed and they finish quite fast, in just a few minutes, but then I only see through Process Monitor that the reports are being processed. If...

Re: All Office apps in 11.2.3 on MacBook Pro have to be force quit
Are folks using a Mac Book Pro still seeing this problem of Word 11.2 and Excel 11.2.3 hanging when trying to exit??? I now have 2GB of memory in my MacBook Pro, and this problem is VERY easily repeatable. I'm trying to acertain whether this is: * A Hardware Problem - It's not memory, cause I've tried several sticks - logic board? * Rosetta problem with Office 11 * Memory Management problem - this problem seems to get exacerbated when there is A LOT of Inactive Memory -but no other Applications are symptomatic. * Bugs in Excel and Word - Entourage ...

VBA write macro change column with 3 number digits to 4 digits the
-- James Do you mean Sub Macro() Range("D1:D10").NumberFormat = "0000" End Sub -- Jacob "James C" wrote: > > -- > James Use the white space (here) to record details of your requirements - don't try to put it all in the message header. Pete On Jan 25, 1:51=A0pm, James C <Jam...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > -- > James Thanks for your response -- James "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Do you mean > > Sub Macro() > Range("D1:D10").NumberFormat = "00...

Null display if value is $0.00?
I have a report with multiple rows and columns which takes on sort of a spredsheet appearance. Is there a way to have fields where the value is $0. 00 (currency format) appear as if they're blank? All those 0's tends to make the report a bit cluttered. Thanks! Slez -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com hi, Slez via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have a report with multiple rows and columns which takes on sort of a > spredsheet appearance. Is there a way to have fields where the value is $0. > 00 (currency format) appear as if they're blank? If your re...

SumIF based on part of text in a cell
Hi, Is there any way that I can use the SUMIF function but looking for only a part of the text in a cell as a criteria. See the example below: On a raw data spreadsheet i have: A B C BB 120x600 Time Out 10,121 15 BB 468x60 Time Out 9,979 2 BB 120x600 PC Titles 33,823 114 BB 468x60 PC Titles 35,507 49 BB 120x600 ROS 5,726 15 BB 468x60 ROS 5,712 2 And on a formatted report sheet i have: A B C Time Out x y PC Titles x ...

Printing Custom Forms #3
How do you print a Custom Contact Form? When I click Print it prints field list and values, some (not all) custom fields and some (not all) standard outlook fields. I'm using Outlook 2003. Thanks. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customprint.htm for various solutions to the limitation that Outlook forms don't support WYSIWYG printing. The Word template technique is the most flexible and highly recommended. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/...

add context-specific pages to a form based on response
i want to create a form that will add an appropreiate page to the form based on how items in the original are answered. For example, if the user checks "yes", "Additional Form A" is added and if "no" is checked, "Additional Form B" is added. When the user is finished, the original form plus the added form(s) print or get saved together. What is the content of the additional pages? If they contain more form fields, then you cannot simply insert pages with includetext fields (the most logical approach) or the fields in them will not work - h...

Can Query-Based Distribution Groups within Exchange 2003 be used to email all the members of a (non mail enabled) security group?
Can Query-Based Distribution Groups within Exchange 2003 be used to email all the members of a (non mail enabled) security group? It would be really handy for me as a system admin to email all the members of a security group who use certain applications very occasionally, without having to mail enable the group. I was wondering if you can do this using the QBDGs feature. I have just played with it, and it did not work - but it is entirely possible that I did something wrong? Incidentally, my domain is 2000, even though the Exchange server is running W2K3 and Exchange 2K3. Any thoughts? Thank...

Error 0xC103798A trying to install Exchange 2003 #3
Hi everybody, I finished the schema preparation for a Exchange 2003 server (forestprep and domainprep) but when I start the installation I get stucked with the error code 0xC103798A. It seems to be a DNS problem. I followed the KB822583 article, but didn't help. I got an answer from Erik Alvar (thanks Erick!) that I should install the dotnetfx.exe application from the Exchange 2003 CD, but I cannot do it because I got a message that's already installed and it stops me. I have the latest Windows updates from the "Microsoft Update" site. What can I do next? Thanks f...

Re: Problems sending e-mail from CRM 4.0
sorry, replied to the wrong post. Dave "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:... > There's one for 500 concurrent here: > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3bf7ecda-7eaf-4f1c-bbfe-cae19bc8bb78&displaylang=en > > Dave Ireland > > "Esteban GN" <egnra@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:%23DGaT4PPJHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >> Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 >> I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. >> I see the folowing error in ...

Hide subsequent rows based on pull down list choice
I have a spreadsheet that has 9 resource concerns listed. Next to each concern is a cell with a drop down list (data validation list) where the user can choose high, medium or low. Below each resource concern are rows that have questions associated to the concern that they need to answer if they choose high or medium. I need a macro that will unhide the rows below the each concern if high or medium is chosen in the drop down list, but keep the rows hidden if the user chooses low. It needs to update each time the list is pulled down, so that if they initially choose low, but...

CRM will not send email.

CSocket::Close -> VERIFY(AsyncSelect(0));
hi! i am using some kind of "socket owner" class which can hold a CSocket derived socket in different modes (server, client, serverside-endpoint). when closing a socket owner in "client mode" i get a debug assertion within the destructor (within CSocket::Close()) of the CSocket object (VERIFY(AsyncSelect(0));). all other modes do not cause any problems. am i doing anything wrong or have i forgotten anything? thanks, philipp ...

incremenT CountIF Value #3
Sorry alex you are right it does work - didn't quite get it the firs time! Thanks very muc -- infojma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- infojmac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1078 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27313 ...

Write Arabic in GP 9.0 Using SQL-2005
Dear Sir: I'm trying to write Arabic font in GP 9 it's not working, I install 2005 with Collation Arbic Binary Even I checked Middle East During Installing GP I'm able to write Arabic MS-SQL 2005 but I cannot write in GP 9.0 Any Arabic Font What should I do to enable Arabic ...

delete a team , buz unit and user from crm 3.0 pro
hi, i can't remove a team , buz unit or user from my crm application. please help me. Hi, You cannot delete a team, user or business unit. You can only disable/deactivate them. HTH, Niths "Mahoutchian" wrote: > hi, > i can't remove a team , buz unit or user from my crm application. > please help me. > ...

CRM 4.0 Notes getting hung up on Loading
Our users are having an occasional problem with the Notes tab getting hung up on Loading. The green spinning circle is displayed, but notes tab never actually loads. This is happening on any/all entities - both system and custom - but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to when this happens or when the Notes tab loads normally. This happens with both Outlook and web versions of CRM. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggested fixes? Melissa - yes, this is fixed in Rollup 1 (and is described here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951174/), so I suggest you apply the patch. Da...

Title Missing or resized to 0 width
For some reason I when I put a title in my charts it does not show up in the preview or the chart. If I change the title from the properties page a small character appears where the Title should be and if I click on the center of it I can see and edit the title, but once I click on anything else it disappears or resizes back to zero width. Does any one have any Ideas? I tired un-installing and logging in as another user with no luck. ...

IM 8.0: You must provide an account
We tried to use Integration Manager 8.0 and failed. We got the following error message:any change for IM 8.0 handling blank account number "The following problem was encountered during destination uninitialization: you must provide an account." The same data work fine for IM 7.0. We did have some account numbers missing but the system allow us to input them later with warning message. Is there ? Thanks for all helps. ...

Adding Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library
Hi there I am working on an Access database with another person. Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library" because he made references to this library. How do I find and download this library? Thank you for your advance in advance. On 6/4/10 7:07 PM, forest8 wrote: > Hi there > > I am working on an Access database with another person. > > Apparently I need to add "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.0 Library" > because he made references to this library. > > How do I find and download this library?...

3 columns of probability
I know Excell 2000 is fairly powerful, so I think it should be able to do this, only... I can't seem to find the right helpfile for it. :confused: What I want to do is. Take List of Data in column 1, Have Excel compare it to List of Data in column 2, and put all matches in a list on column 3. Then I want to take all the matches from column 3, and compare it to new data in column 4 & 5, then have those matches show up in Column 6. I'm trying to compare enmasse about 1000 bits of data from one time to 1000 bits of data that occure at a different time and narrow a certain probab...

CRM 4.0
Has anyone found a way to enable the Set Synchronizing Client (set this computer to be the Synchronizing client) in a load balanced environment so that whichever server they connect to, it is checked? We have users coming in via Citrix to run their Office 2003 / CRM 4.0 instance, but are having issues when they log in and connect to the other server. ...

Select Records for Subtotals Based on a Given Condition
I have a LONG list of jobs that are sort alphabetically by customer name in one worksheet. I would like to create another worksheet that can go through the first worksheet ('KEN_S_QUERY') and select the rows where in a certain column there is a certain customer, and total up the dollar amount in the column next to the customer name. I am very familiar with access, which makes it harder to word my question here. I would use access, but I need the graphing a charting functions of excel in this case. Is there a way (perhaps through SQL? please dear god, SQL.) to select certain ...

how do I start paginating (#1) on page 3 of my document in Publis.
I'm making a program and the first two and last two pages are my cover (no page numbers) - How can I make page three of my document read #1? Make a file for just the cover. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JRP" <JRP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998212A2-B56E-4AEA-A43B-CC8FF305812B@microsoft.com... > I'm making a program and the first two and last two pages are my cover (no > page numbers) - How can I make page three of my document read #1? In addition to Don's excellent suggestion, Insert|Section. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publishe...