Knowledge base features (HTML style)

Another big gap in the current CRM functionality is inability to apply HTML
style formatting to the articles. I just read a post by Michael Faden and
totally agree with him "I cant believe that this is not possible."
KB is intended for support issues. Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand
words. In my invironment, it is almost vital to be able to apply HTML style
formatting, including inserting pictures.
What are the Microsoft's plans about it? Is there a way around?
Thanks!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4cc146e8-711b-4a97-810a-cac7769a80a4&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Knowledge Base and font size
Hi, I am really frustrated with the knoeldge base in CRM. While on the one hand it makes sense to use it there are many short commings arround it (no attachments, customization, etc.). One big problem I currently have is, that when I paste an entry from the knowledge base into an email the fonts of the article text are huge (like 12 px or more). I was able to change the size of the title and everything, but I do not find any way to change the size of the article text. If anyone has an idea on that I would really appreciate it. Kind Regards Enno ...

Changing color of text based on formula result
It' tough getting old. Can someone please refresh my memory as to how you change the color of a cell's contents based on the result of the formula? Thanks. Mark Mark, Conditional Formatting is what you're after. Take a look here for examples: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html John Mark wrote: > It' tough getting old. Can someone please refresh my > memory as to how you change the color of a cell's contents > based on the result of the formula? Thanks. > > Mark ...

How to change a digital photo image file .html to .JPG
I have been trying to send my digital photos downloaded on computer to Shutterfly to be developed, but they reject .html extension files How did they become HTML images? Not sure how ShutterFly works, but digital cameras do not take HTML (at least the ones I know about) pictures. Are you taking the images off the camera and uploading to the site? Are you using the software ShutterFly supplies? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDB7F6...

I need to filter based on colour
Hello I have a spreadsheet of Excel 2003 in which in one column (column B) there are entries coloured yellow and some with no colour (white). I need to filter and see only the yellow entries . But I need to filter all the columns of the spreadsheet based upon the yellow colour of column B. So I can see all the information in every other column of those yellow entries of column B. Can someone help me? Thanks Jimmy Unless all the yellows are derived from the same formula for a custom autofilte then you would need to have a for each loop macro that hid the non yellow rows. -- Don Guil...

How to change the colour of a cell(s) based on cell value
Hello guys, I am stuck on this rather simple problem. Could not find any hel searching Google. I want to change the colour of a cell to green if the vallue is = Tru and to red if it is False. I have tried to use the Conditional Formating but without joy. Thank you -- Artful Dodge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Artful Dodger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32059 Hi select the cells choose format / conditional formatting choose cell...

Knowledge Base 929445
Hey everyone. Does anyone know what changes are made in the GP update outlined in KB929445 (to version 9.00.0291)? The updates page lists this as the KB number for the update, but after almost a month of waiting there is still no information posted on the web. We need this update to update the Canadian Payroll tax tables, but the number of modules affected by it is extensive. We need to know what is affected so we know what we should be testing. Any information would be helpful. Thanks! ...

Combine 2 data bases
I have designed 2 seperate data bases relating to Finances that have 2 Bank Accounts/Statements. They are both very similar. Is there a way I can link the 2 for the purpose of designing reports etc. Thanks for any help You can design (yet another) database , which uses links to the tables in your two existing databases, and build the reports in that database. To do so, use the File | Get External Data | Link Tables ... menu item in the new database. But why would you want to? Why not simply merge your two existing databases into one, rather than producing a third one? That's ce...

web-based MSN Money
Is the web-based version of Money equal in performance and ability to regular Money Deluxe? Has anyone used it? Pros? Cons? Thanks, Bob ...

LDR: Dll xy.dll base 100000 relocated due to collision with yx.dll
hi! as posted before i was wondering why my app coused 100% CPU-usage on WinNT and 0% on W2K/XP - i figured out that this could have to do with those dll relocations because almost every dll used by my app gets relocated... most of the dlls have a collision with one single dll of my own others have a collision with the exe itself. how to solve this? thanks, philipp You can change the default base address using project setting/Link/Output->Base Address -- Elias http://lgwm.org/ "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:bjmhop$v5b$06$1@news.t-on...

How to add amount to a cell based on category and month
I have a list of expenxe categories and by month along the top. How can I write the sumif function based on two criteria from drop-down list(one list is Expenses and the second list is the Months) and the third (Amount) cell would be where I input an amount to be added into the table: Expenses month amount Fuel JAN _______ Expenses JAN FEB MAR Trucks/Auto Fuel 348.23 Oils 35.99 Maintenance 298.33 Parts 59.21 DMV 745.87 -- so many functions...!?!?!?!?!?!? If you are trying to fill a matr...

Backup and Restore Registry Knowledge
I would like to know how to BACKUP a good registry, say the first one after a complete factory restore. AND THEN, if in the future I wanted that same BACKUP restored, pristinely, without any later additions of programs, registry entries updates and such. In other words, the same registry I saved after a factory recover, would be RESTORED. How can such a thing be accomplished? Thanks, jack "jack0233" <jep0233@gmail.com> wrote in message news:87d2e49c-a2fa-4ec8-966a-58499731675d@x15g2000vbr.googlegroups.com... > I would like to know how to BACKUP a good regist...

OL 97 V.8.04.5619 HTML in messages
I don't see HTML in messages I receive. I know they were sent in HTML and other recipients (using other email clients) see them in HTML. I just see the text. I have use MS Word as editor (I saw an article that suggested this as a solution). Any help? Outlook 97 does not support HTML. HTML support was introduced in Outlook 98. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31f201c3e298$f0215ad0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I don't see H...

Save Worksheet As HTML Page
Hi there I recorded a macro to do a simple html export that is assigned to a button. This works fine. The VBA code is Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 9/02/2006 by rulebr ' ' With ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects("Brady Standard Quote 7.2.06_23158") .HtmlType = xlHtmlStatic .Publish (False) End With End Sub Id like to add a few more in the file name it saves it to.Through vba code is there a way to make the file that is save with the following file name format. QuoteNo_1000_cell(D10)_todaysdate.htm So an example would...

Custom base class for dialog
I have a base class derived from CDialog, let's call it CMyDialog. CMyDialog implements basic functionality that a large group of my dialogs need to have. One common member is a CGridCtrl (another derived class), that implements subitem editing. My issue comes to having handlers that respond to LVN_BEGINLABELEDIT as well as LVN_ENDLABELEDIT. To use the message map functionality I need to have some identifier such as IDC_LIST1. The problem of course is that CMyDialog doesn't have access to this value. The other problem is that perhaps the CGridCtrl members doesn't have the same dia...

Outlook Today
Outlook 2002 - Outlook Today allows customizing. When I select the style names Summer and save changes it shows up for that session. Next time I start Outlook it's back at the default. Is this a bug??? Don in San Antonio <donr@att.net> wrote: > Outlook 2002 - Outlook Today allows customizing. When I select the > style names Summer and save changes it shows up for that session. > Next time I start Outlook it's back at the default. Is this a bug??? Try setting it in the registry directly. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Brian Tillman "...

How to write XML to the rendered HTML page.
In code behind, I generate a string that I would like to have rendered to my page so that my javascript can load it into a client side javascript xml document. If I use repsonse.write(txml), it puts it outside of the body of the document. I also tried assigning it to a label.text, but the javascript can not find it inside the span tag. Is there a way to do it? Thanks in advance. txml = "<xml ID='oPriceBookDrops'>" txml = txml & "<PBInfo>" txml = txml & "<DataPoint>" txml = txml & "<Product ProductName='Scre...

"Free Stock Trading Resources for you" "Knowledge is wealth" is the oft repeated, but absolute truth. And to add on to your knowledge arsenal, here are a few Excellent and Educative resources absolu
"Free Stock Trading Resources for you" "Knowledge is wealth" is the oft repeated, but absolute truth. And to add on to your knowledge arsenal, here are a few Excellent and Educative resources absolutely Free..The aim is to ensure that you Succeed on the Financial front. Check these out... May be it could mark the difference between Failure and Success. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Elliott Wave Video Crash Course http://www.elliottwave.com/a.asp?url=/wave/VideoCrashCo...

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

hive based registry + gac files (3rd party) -> troubles
using wince 5 (pb5) the hive based registry (storage card) works fine i have a .gac file for custom.dll (\Windows\custom.dll) and a .dat file which copies the custom.dll from \Storage Card\ to \Windows if i do a fresh restart of the system without folder 'Documents and Settings' for the registry hive everything wors fine: - i get the GAC_custom_v1_0_0_0_cneutral_1.dll in the \Windows folder - the custom.dll gets deleted from \Windows folder after a restart the registry hive already exists and gets merged during boot also the registry keys for my 3rd party assembly are n...

Novice Question
Ok, firstly, sorry for the very general question! Basically, I have coded a program using MFC. It is Dialog Based and consists of some textfields and a few buttons. My program is called DCP and the App Wizard created a DCP.cpp and DCPDlg.cpp files for me (and a few others). The bulk of the functionality of my program is written in the DCPDlg.cpp file - is this correct? For example, when I created a button and clicked on it in the resource (dialog) view it automatically puts a function for it in the DCPDlg.cpp file i.e. void CDCPDlg::OnButtonPrint() { // Do some stuff here } I have ne...

Disable POP3 feature for new users
I'm needing to enable POP3 for a few applications in my company. I've gone through and disabled POP3 on all the other user accounts. However, I would like to find a way to have the POP3 feature disabled for any new accounts created in the future. Is there a way to disable POP3 by default for a user? Thanks, Chris When you create a new user you could copy an existing user that has POP3 disabled. If you do bulk user creation you could script this. Nue "Chris Clayton" <ChrisClayton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4DE969-0F6D-4AAF-AC38-AC127589...

smtp connector based on sender?
Is there a way to create an smtp connector based on the sender's address space rather than the recipient's? For example, I want some of my users to have their e-mail sent through smtp.foo.com and I want other users to have their e-mail sent through smtp.bar.com. Would appreciate any help. Thanks! I just realized this post isn't very clear. I should clarify and mention that I'm not looking for a connector that does anything with inbound mail. In fact, I want the "equivalent" of a connector for outbound mail. In other words, I want to be able to route outbou...

age-based life insurance
Hello: There's not way for the GP HR Life Insurance Setup window to calculate age-based insurance as of January 1 instead of by a person's age, is there? Thanks! childofthe1980s I would like to know this too. TD "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > There's not way for the GP HR Life Insurance Setup window to calculate > age-based insurance as of January 1 instead of by a person's age, is there? > > Thanks! > > childofthe1980s ...

Favourite GP Feature
What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to help them out. Do an Interent seach for GP 50 tips and tricks. You'll get results from Convergence 2010 presentations. some good tips in there. Also search for 50 more tips and tricks. "Adam" wrote: > What are some of the members of this boards favourite GP feature or trick? > > I am looking to compile a list of simple tricks users can learn quickly to > help them out. Try this blog for a da...

Formulas to reference range based on data in column
I probably didn't title this too well. I have a spreadsheet with 500 rows of data, sorted by the date in column A. I want to extract certain data from rows that all start with the same specified date. Previously I used an IF formula but that necessitates having the formula in 500 rows which won't work for my purposes. I'm going round incircles trying to think how best to achieve this. If you apply a filter to the date column for the selected date you can then just highlight the visible rows and copy/paste or cut/paste them elsewhere (eg another sheet) to extract ...