Keeping data current

How are others making sure your account and contact information is up to date?

John
0
John1063 (943)
5/27/2009 5:47:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How do I bridge the gaps in data in (XL 2007) Area Chart
XL 2007 doesn't have the TOOLS-Options-Interpolate menu and choices. This goes for a line chart as well. Thx Click the chart to activate it In the Design tab of Chart Tools, click Select Data A dialog box opens, look at lower left corner for "Hidden and Empty Cells" button and click it You get three options: gaps, zero and connect. Alternative (works in all version of Excel); in the empty cell type =NA(). It will display as #N/A and will be ignored by the chart engine best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email ...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Simpler way to suppress missing data?
I created a sheet 8-10 cells where the user can fill in values. There are 20-25 cells containing the results of calculations based on those input cells. Initially, the input cells are blank. This causes various results in the derivative cells. Some of them get Value errors, some get division by zero errors, and others get zero. I want any cell that depends other cells to show a blank until all source cells have data. The best way I could find to do this is to replace a formula like =(B2*C2)+(D2*E2) with this monstrosity =IF(OR(B2="",C2="",D2="",E2="...

Access 2 Excel
I exported an annual worklist from an Access table to Excel. There is column for tasks, one for frequency (TD, D, TW, W, TM, M, Q, SA, A twice daily, daily, twice monthly, etc) and a column for each month. The month columns have the same coded data as the frequency colum depending on when the task is done. The problem is that I tried to make a pivot table to count how man tasks (by frequency type) are done each month. Excel is counting th empty cells as if they had data. Search and replace doesn't work. even tried replacing the blank data in Access with ~ and re-exportin it. Ex...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

"Bring to Front" Data Labels?
I have a chart that has lots of data labels, so many that some of the labels become partially obscured. I have a routine that runs whenever a label is clicked upon, and one of the things I'd *Like* to do is to mimic a drawing object "Bring to Front" function. Is this possible? The way the chart is constructed might help (or hurt) my chances: I am graphing a tree chart, instantiated as an xlXYScatterLines Chart, and each "node" in the tree is represented by a series with two points (node and parent node). Each series gets one datalabel (at the node, i.e. the f...

ERROR MSG: "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."
When attempting to open a open a JPG image with the context menu and using "Open With" to select Photo Editor (as the default is the Picture and Fax Viewer), I receive the error message: "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I can lauch Photo Editor separately then open the JPG with no problem. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Data Design & Filter
I am using Vista and Office 7. I have data that is the analogous form of "Part Numbers" and "Locations". I have Col A with various "PartNos" and Columns B through K of "Locations". If Location1 has the specific part number, then the Location cell is "TRUE". If Location1 is missing the part, then the Location cell is "FALSE". I would like to use the dropdown filter to select the part number in ColA, and then show only those locations that are true. At present, when I select the part number, I see all locations with t...

Excel graphs
Hi, I'm trying to display two sets of data, with identical X-axis on the same Y-axis, but am finding it hard. I don't want 4 bars for each X value, but a graph with 4 X-catergories containing 2 bars each, then an identical x-axis with a further similar data set (i.e. 4 x 2 bars) - anyone have a clue how to do this? I've tried just making two graphs and deleting the Y-axis from one, but the X-axis never line up in something like Powerpoint when I put them together! Thanks! Forgot to say, this is for Excel 2000 bar graphs. "AndyB" wrote: > Hi, > > I'...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Advice required
I need to create some graphs from data that is derived from a long series of separate calculations on my source data. For aesthetic reasons, I would like to hide all the "interim" calculations on the spreadsheet, but I've noticed that as soon as I hide the interim data (i.e set the row height to zero), the detail on the graphs disappears. I presume that this is a design feature feature of Excel (I supoose I can just about accept the rationale for it), but does anyone know whether there's a way around this? Many thanks. CRS. Use white fonts -- Regards, Peo Sjobl...

Dependant Data Validation List
I want to create a column with a data validation pull down list, the list of which changes dependant upon a value in another cell. Does anyone know how to do this? -- Stabilos ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilos's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28962 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486901 Stabilos, have a look here, http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgrou...

Copy data from multiple worksheets to worksheets in a number of other spreadsheets
I have a performance spreadsheet containing multiple worksheets, each worksheet holds performance data for an individual fund. Each of these funds has its own spreadsheet containing static information about the fund. I need macro that will copy the performance data from the performance spreadsheet to each individual fund spreadsheet. The cells to be copied are the same for each worksheet (B2:D65). Each worksheet in the performance spreadsheet is named with a fund code, this fund code is also the name of the respective worksheet in each fund spreadsheet. I need the macro to copy cells B2:D65...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Suggestion: Refresh current window mode
It would be nice if there were an option in CRM to refresh the window that you're in rather than open a new window. e.g. When you are on an contact associated view in an account and you double click on the contact, the contact window replaces the account window so that the number of windows open is minimized. Lee Adler ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Reading Excel data from web pages
How can I read Excel cells' contents from a web page (HTML, ASP, etc)? ...

What is the Current Version # of Money 2007 Home & Business?
What is the Current Version # of Money 2007 Home & BusinessI am getting a message to perform a required update but the update runs and says it has completed then prompts again every time I start Money 2007 Home & Business. I spent some considerable time to solve this on several Microsoft support chats with no solution. My version # is 16.0.150.614 - What is the Current Version # of Money 2007 Home & Business? -- Eric Bennett In microsoft.public.money, SolaDude wrote: >What is the Current Version # of Money 2007 Home & BusinessI am getting a >message to perform a ...

Export Data to Excel
Hi All, Please help me out in the following scenario. 1. We have problem in exporting Marketing List data to excel.Dynamic Pivot table or Direct both the options are failed to export the data. It throws an exception like "SQL Server Connection failed/access denied" and when i try to use SQL Authentication , the same error continues. Note: the Client Machine is in the same domain. Windows authentication works perfectly when i test it in DSN Creation . And If we need to work in the Machine which is in the workgroup instead of Domain, Can we able to export the data? ...

Cleaning Messy Data
I’m trying to fix a messy imported data set. The CLEAN formula removes unprintable characters, but also removes separation between multiple words. Is there a way to replace unprintable characters with spaces or delimiters such as commas? Thanks. -- Jay You could use the SUBSTITUTE formula to replace some text (eg character code 160) with some other text (eg space or comma, or both). Further details can be found in Excel Help. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 11, 4:16 pm, Jay <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to fix a messy imported data set. The CLEAN fo...

Adding rows of data to 2 worksheets that are linked with formulas to eachother...
I have 2 worksheets. Sheet 1 contains address information for names of people we contact (including the names). Sheet 2 contains some of the contact information, including about 15 columns of dates that aren't included in sheet 1. I need to add in about 100 rows of new data that isn't included on either sheet. My problem is that the data that is the same on sheet 2 is linked to the cells in sheet 1. Rows in sheet2 read (=Sheet1!A2)(=Sheet1!B2)(=Sheet1!C2)(=Sheet1!G2),etc (they skip some colmns from Sheet 1) for every row. How do I add the extra 100 rows in without mixing up the d...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...