Jump to SSRS report

Hi

I have a report which calls different sub-reports depending on the
parameter’s value from the main report. All this works as expected when i
view it in visual studio.

However, when I try to upload the sub-reports into CRM 4.0, I cant seem to
link the sub-report to a parent report and the system doesn’t recognize this
either, normally it recognizes that the file being imported is a sub-report.

I would really appreciate some help here.

When i deploy the report using Visual Studio deploy tools everything works
fine on the reporting services website. I would really appreciate some help.

Regards
CRM_2008
0
CRM2008 (45)
7/13/2009 5:11:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jul 13, 10:11=A0am, CRM 2008 <CRM2...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a report which calls different sub-reports depending on the
> parameter=92s value from the main report. All this works as expected when=
> view it in visual studio.
>
> However, when I try to upload the sub-reports into CRM 4.0, I cant seem t=
> link the sub-report to a parent report and the system doesn=92t recognize=
 this
> either, normally it recognizes that the file being imported is a sub-repo=
rt.

> I would really appreciate some help here.
>
> When i deploy the report using Visual Studio deploy tools everything work=
> fine on the reporting services website. I would really appreciate some he=
lp.

> Regards
> CRM_2008

Just rename all the reports and upload , Hoipe that can help

regards
Rakesh Agarwal
DynamicsExchange team

"rakesh" wrote:

> On Jul 13, 10:11 am, CRM 2008 <CRM2...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a report which calls different sub-reports depending on the
> > parameter’s value from the main report. All this works as expected when i
> > view it in visual studio.
> >
> > However, when I try to upload the sub-reports into CRM 4.0, I cant seem to
> > link the sub-report to a parent report and the system doesn’t recognize this
> > either, normally it recognizes that the file being imported is a sub-report.
> >
> > I would really appreciate some help here.
> >
> > When i deploy the report using Visual Studio deploy tools everything works
> > fine on the reporting services website. I would really appreciate some help.
> >
> > Regards
> > CRM_2008
>
> Just rename all the reports and upload , Hoipe that can help
>
> regards
> Rakesh Agarwal
> DynamicsExchange team

I have the same problem.
My master report has as value in the "Jump to Report" something like this:
=iif(Fields!condition.Value="YES", "SubreportA", "SubreportB")
It works well when i run report in Visual Studio, even in CRM 3.0
I appreciate any help in advance

0
Fulanito (3)
7/23/2009 8:59:01 PM
There are many differences between reports in CRM v3 and v4. In v3
subreports were very 'loosely coupled' and a subreport could have more
than one parent (n:n) - in v4 you would need to create copies of the
subreport (1:n). Just bear in mind you need to upload the parent
report first, then as you say, choose the parent as you upload each
subreport.

Ahh..just looked at the RDL XML, typically you might see something
like:

                          <Action>
                            <Drillthrough>
                              <ReportName>Subreport Name</ReportName>
                              <Parameters>
                                <Parameter Name="CRM_URL">
                                  <Value>=Parameters!CRM_URL.Value</
Value>
                                </Parameter>
                                <Parameter Name="CRM_ParameterId">
                                  <Value>=Fields!ParameterId.Value</
Value>
                                </Parameter>
                              </Parameters>
                            </Drillthrough>
                          </Action>

I guess it's possible that during the upload process CRM matches a
parent based on the ReportName element and if this is conditional
there might be a problem??? Is there a workaround for you either to
have a multi-purpose subreport or better, conditionally display the
different jump links in the parent report?
-Chris
http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com
0
chris.cohen (132)

Hello, I got this error when I load a new report to my test enviornment. I'm using visual studio 2008 and everything works perfectly in CRM development. But when I tried to load the report into test and production I keep getting this error. I remembered that my data source properties needs to change so I changed them and checked and double checked that they are correct for each enviornment, but I do not know what it could be at this point. I'm truly stumped. Could it be visual basic 2008, it shouldn't, I know it's highly probable that it's my data source but I ...

Active Reports *.qrp does not exist
RMS Store Operations, Version: 2.0.0105 Clean Install on XP SP2. When trying to run a report I"m receiving a Report file C:\<full path>\*.qrp does not exist. I've made sure this matches the same location specified under the RMS Administrator, File, Configuration, Path tab, File Paths, Reports. On the other pcs I've made an upgrade from v1.3 to 2.0 and those all work just fine. We actually have the reports stored in a shared folder and made sure the path and files existed. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0189_01C924B2.DAC40D70 Con...

Jump within IF statement?
I'm not sure if I can type my example here since its a diagram, so I'll try to explain generally what I'm trying to do. I made a tree diagram starting at the top with a question, which then branches into two branches for yes or no - IF(question here,yes action,no action). Now the tricky part is, I've gotten to a "no" branch where the action is the same as a "no" branch that is further up the diagram. Is it possible to tell the function to "jump" to another section within the same formula? "MLT" <mlthornton@gmail.com> wr...

Tender type on Detailed Sales Report
Can somebody give me the code i need to put the tender type onto the Detailed Sales Report for HQ? Thanks v much as usual!! :o) -- Philip Gass Donaghadee Garden Centre hi Philips Change the TablesQueried see below code: TablesQueried = <BEGIN> FROM TransactionEntry INNER JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber = [Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TransactionEntry.StoreID = [Transaction].StoreID LEFT JOIN TenderEntry ON TenderEntry.TransactionNumber = [Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TenderEntr...

Help with Register analysis report
Hello, When my register analysis report is run, I always get a over/short amount. After reviewing the report and figuring out where this number is coming from, I realize that it is calculating the shipping amount off of every register as the over/short amount on the register analysis report. All my z-reports come out correctly, with no over/short amounts. Only my register analysis report. Has anyone else experienced this? THanks, techsupport@realkiteboarding.com It may be because the shipping charge isnt being tallied or tendered correctly at the POS. If you're short, possib...

jump to cell
Hello all, I have this macro, when a number is placed in B1 finds tha number in column A and jumps to it. It works fine when column A is all numbers but doesn't seem t work if I put text and numbers in. I would like it to do the same when say looking for text an numbers so I could put X100 in B1 and it still jump to the same valu in column A. Could someone please help as to whether this is possible with bit of tweaking. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address <> "$B$1" Then Exit Sub Set x = Columns(1).Find(Target.Value) Application.Goto Ra...

Report Source
Can someone tell me how I will be able to view where the data is coming from for a report in access. Open the report in Design view and look at its Recordsource property. That will contain either the name of a table, an SQL string or, most likely, the name of a saved query. -- HTH, George "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1110342E-4B2B-4D88-9A6E-B00F082C7D4D@microsoft.com... > Can someone tell me how I will be able to view where the data is coming > from > for a report in access. ...

Issue installing SQL Server 2005 with SSRS 64-bit on Windows Server 2008 SR2
When installing SQL Server 2005 64-bit on Windows Server 2008 SR2, it seems only allow the 32-bit version of SQL Server Reporting Services to be installed. There doesn't seem to be an option to install the 64- bit version. ASP.NET is installed as 64-bit, but a warning comes up saying that ASP.NET 32-bit needs to be installed to install SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 32-bit. I don't want the 32-bit version of SSRS installed. Any ideas on what I need to do to install SSRS 2005 64-bit? Do I need to upgrade to SQL Server 2005 SP3 first before I can install SSRS 2005 64-bit...

Line Jumps
I'm using Vision 2002 SR-1. I've done my best to implement line jumps, but I just can't get the darn things to work. Here are my settings for Page Setup | Layout and Routing Style: Flowchart Direction: Top to Bottom Separate: Using routing style Overlap: Using Routing Style Appearance: Straight Add Line jumps to: Last Routine Line Line Jump Style: Arc I've tried the Unrelated Lines and All Lines under Separate & Overlap, and about every line type under Add Line Jumps To. Nothing works! And I've used the Connector Tool and the Line Tool - both fail miserab...

Report Page Breaks
Hello Everyone, I recently copied an existing report that I built. In the modified report, I changed the CRM entity and left everything else the same. On the report server the report runs without a problem, but if the user runs the report in CRM, the page breaks are removed. I double check every setting I can imagine and so far no solutions. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Report Server Report - http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff41/awakin/CRM/PlantSurveyReport.jpg Report in CRM - http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff41/awakin/CRM/PlantSurveyReport2.jpg Developmen...

Report Writer & Crystal reports
Hi group, i have to modify some some pre printed formats like a check, this customization is with the Report Writer? or can I manipulate this formats with Crystal Reports? If so, what that I need to modify it with CR? Regards Any of the "standard" reports within the system are modified using Report Writer. The only time that you would use Crystal is if you have an add-on product that would allow you to use Crystal reports from within Dynamics. -- Lyle U Ellery Gsmez wrote: > Hi group, i have to modify some some pre printed formats like a > check, this customization ...

Report that print quotes closed or quote status
How can I print a report that display the quotes status? I mean all quotes open (no invoices done) or quotes closed (quotes converted invoice) You can edit the quote summary report and add Begin Column FieldName = "[Order].Closed" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Closed" VBDataType = vbBoolean Formula = "" ColHidden = False ColNotDisplayable = False FilterDisabled = False ColWidth = 1005 GroupMethod = groupmethodNone ColFormat = "" ColAlignment = flexAlignCenterCente...

Problem with Text field in report
Hi, I am creating a report and experiencing problems with one text field. I have added the source to the query behind the report, but the report returns a null value instead of the value in the table. Can anyone help? A Provide the following ======================== Name of field: Name of text box: Control Source of text box: Section of report containing text box: -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "arthmpsn@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, I am creating a report and experiencing problems with one text > field. I have added the source to the query behind the report, but the &g...

Printing Reports
I create a report, but can't print it. Printers box is grayed out. Is there an option that has disabled printing from print preview? None that I know of. What report, what version of Project, what Service pack level? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Susanne" <Susanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AECD80C1-20BC-4597-84FF-4068EC722E1D@microsoft.com... > I create a report, but can't print it. Printers box is...

Reports' Currency
Hi group, wich reports uses the currency for reports? Regards ...

Reporting Services 2005 Developer Edition and CRM 3.0?
Can someone confirm whether or not this is supported? I may have solved my earlier problem if the Developer Edition of SQL is not supported. Alan Any idea as to why the developer edition is no good ? Don't see why as a developer, i need to fork out for another version of SQL 2005. "Alan Whitehouse" wrote: > Can someone confirm whether or not this is supported? > > I may have solved my earlier problem if the Developer Edition of SQL is not > supported. > > Alan > > > SQL Server Developer Edition is not supported by CRM 3.0 - You need E...

Payout report
Where can I find a report showing the cash payouts by cashier? If I have to use Access where do I find the data? Bill, See if the attached report fits your needs. Extract and put it in the Store Operations\Reports folder. It should then be available under Custom Reports. Marc "Bill Cunningham" <BillCunningham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5DBF060-A2E7-40E9-99E9-0C4AE50802DF@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a report showing the cash payouts by cashier? > If I have to use Access where do I find the data? begin 666 Custom - Dr...

Favorite Reports vs. all reports
Across the top of the 'Money' application is the classic 'File', 'Edit', 'Favorites', etc menu entries. If I click on 'Favorites', then 'Favorite Reports', I see a list that fills the screen (top to bottom), and that does not scroll. I see reports beginning with A through S, and cannot get to the reports further down the list. Is there a way to make this list either a) scrollable or b) multi-columned? Below the menu row described above, there is another row 'Home', 'Banking', 'Bills', 'Reports', etc. If...

quries and reports
hi there I would like to seup a query by name and date to select a report that only returns by drivers name any help is appreciated thanks in advance ...

Data in Reports
We are trying to run the Annual Budget report so that it accurately reflects income and expeses. Ultimately, we are trying to tie the net of income minus expenses for the month, to the differences in all of our spending acocunt balances (checking, savings, cash, credit) for the same period of time. We've not been able to get it close. I've made sure that the "spending accouts" are designated as budget accounts. For our asset accounts, that doesn't seem to be an option. The report does seem to show transfers out to non budget accounts correctly under "expenses&qu...

Repeat report records in Access 2003
How do I repeat report records a specified number of times in Access 2003? I am creating business cards and need to print 10 labels of same record per sheet. Thanks. ...

Modifying Canned CRM 3.0 Reports
I just modified the Account Overview Report and renamed it. When I uploaded it thru the CRM front end, all the hidden parameters are displayed (CRM_FullName, CRM_URL, CRM_IncludeSub, CRM_CustomerID. Does anyone know why this would've happened? Thanks in advance for any ideas. try deleting first and the replublishing. It could be that you accidentally published through Visual Studio to test your reports and when you republished through CRM it only changes the file without cloberring exisiting settings. This designed this way so as to not clobber your exisiting default filter. "...

Report formatting
MSP 2007 I'm running a Workload - Resource usage report on a Master file that has several projects linked to it. I've put the project names in the task name column (the unindented entry). Is there any way to get the report to include Task names (project names in this case) so that the report is a bit more informative? Just edit the report and check the box to include Task Assignments? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > MSP 2007 > I'm running a Workload - Resource usage report on a Master file that > has > several proj...

Converting Crystal Reports into SQL Reporting Services
Has anyone seen a tool that will assist in converting Crystal Reports into SQL Reporting Services with the upgrade to 3.0? there are tools out there that have been written to convert crystal reports to srs but typically they are used by companies as a service and therefore are not freely available. If you search around you will find companies who will perform a conversion for you at around 25 dollars a report. Note they never guarantee that the report will be converted 100 percent they can at least get part way. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codeg...

Select Distinct subquery in a Report Control?
I've written a report that aggregates (avg, sum, count) a 10 or 15 measures ($, Days to Book, # rejects, %within SLA, etc.) I need to do a COUNT DISTINCT on one control (D&B number) to determine how many distinct companies I am dealing with in a particular country or region. I've written a SQL subquery that does what I want it to do, but I can't figure out how to imbed that statement into a control expression in a Report. I prefer to work with the report engine because I need to take a number of cuts on different groups and levels of detail and just find it ea...