javascript + onchange + delete value from lookup

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to delete a value in a lookup through
javascript.

Following scenario:

On the contact form I have a picklist with several values and a lookupfield
for the accounts.
Now I want, when a certain value is selected in that picklist, that the
value in the lookup of the account is deleted.

Is this possilbe to do with javascript in an onchange event?

thank you in advance.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In the onchange event, when your picklistvalue is selected, simply put the
following line of code :

crmForm.all.parentcustomerid.DataValue = null;

This will delete the value from the lookup field to account.

Hope this helps

--
Nicolas Pagès

"missupport" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to delete a value in a lookup through
> javascript.
>
> Following scenario:
>
> On the contact form I have a picklist with several values and a lookupfield
> for the accounts.
> Now I want, when a certain value is selected in that picklist, that the
> value in the lookup of the account is deleted.
>
> Is this possilbe to do with javascript in an onchange event?
>
> thank you in advance.

How to delete an Item already used in the canceled PO
An Item is added to the Inventory by mistake. Unfortunately, a PO is also created intended to purchase the item; however, the PO is canceled. I tried to delete it in the Inventory Maintenance but the error says it is used in the purchase order. I've narrowed down the Item are now in POP10100 & POP10110 and plan to use SQL to delete (unlink) it first and try to delete it again in the IM. Are there any better way to do this? Your help is apprciated. Thong, Under Tools>Routines>Purchasing, move the canceled PO to history. Then, under Tools>Utilities>Purchasing re...

Multiply all values by 10
Is there a way to multiply all values in my spreadsheet by 10? If so, how? Type the 10 in some random cell and copy. Select your target cells and Edit > Paste Special, and select the Multiply radio button. "RTimberlake" wrote: > Is there a way to multiply all values in my spreadsheet by 10? If so, how? First, make a copy of the workbook in case you make a typo or something, then put 10 in an empty cell, copy it, then select all values needed and do edit>paste special and select multiply -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RTimberlake" ...

Conditional format for unique values
Hello, I would like to set a conditional format to color each unique value a different color. It will also be applied to multiple occurences of the value. The problem is that the values are dynamic and may not always be the same number of occurences, in the same cell, etc. I have used the formula IF(ISNUMBER(COUNTIF($F$3:F3,F3)),ROW(),"")) to try to identify the occurences but creating a conditional format has proven out of my league! Please help! And thanks!! Conditional formats are limited to 3 different formats in XL2003 or less. So you can end up with a max of ...

Change default search to Value, not formula?
Every time I start a word search, the default searches for fomulas instead of value. So everytime I have to open up the option button and change it to value instead of formula. How do I change that default setting? lbbss Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. ...

removing deleted items
Running exchange 2003 on server 2003 I would like to immediately delete users deleted items. Is there a place in System Manager where you can immediately set this. Also I am looking for the area where I select the time that my sytem policicies run? Thanks Mark wrote: > Running exchange 2003 on server 2003 I would like to immediately > delete users deleted items. Is there a place in System Manager where > you can immediately set this. Also I am looking for the area where I > select the time that my sytem policicies run? > > Thanks See if http://support.microsoft.c...

opening outlook with mailto from javascript (in html mode)
I like the abilith to use href=mailto:xxx@xxx.com?body=This is in the body The problem is that I can not get the default e-mail tool (Outlook) to open up in html format. It seems to only support plain text. If I do not add the body part of the href, then it opens in the default format which for me is html. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Jim As I understand it, this is a limitation of the way Windows passes the mailto: command to the default email program. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Dev...

Add a trigger to the Delete option in the "Save Delete Cancel" dia
Hi ! In any given form, if a user is creating a new transaction, changes his mind, and closes the form; I need to do something after he clicks on the "Delete" option, is there a way to assign a trigger to that button so that one of my scripts executes, or what other options could I have? -- Best regards, Sergio Romero Hello Sergio, You can place a focus trigger on the button to execute your own code after clicked. If you need to get values, you will need to have a trigger that collects that data before the delete button is hit? Depending on what module you are talking, t...

Deleting Files in Content.IE5
I have over 300 MB's I the content.IE5 folder (normally invisible). Can I just manually delete the files in this folder? What purpose do they serve? Thanks, Oreally "OREALLY" <oreally@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u7SSO97cKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > I have over 300 MB's I the content.IE5 folder (normally invisible). Can I > just manually delete the files in this folder? What purpose do they serve? > > Thanks, > > Oreally One, why are you still using IE5? Have you started using fire yet? You own a couple fo...

How do I partially delete info in many cells at once?
I have a mailing list in excel that on one column contains ages but it reads "AGE: 65" or whatever age is in the cell. I want to map this to a contact manager that has a place for age but only the actual number. Is there a way to delete the "AGE:" and just leave the number so only that number gets imported? There are 4,500 contacts so it woud take me forever to do i t one at a time. Thanks George You can use the "text to columns" feature (under Data in the toolbar) to parse the information as long as the column information always has a fixed width. ...

Email automatically moved to deleted items
It seems as though most of my email is being directed to the deleted items folder instead of the inbox. Any ideas why???? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com What version of Outlook are you using? Do you have any Rules running that might be moving the messages? Are you using any 3rd party anti-spam filters or perhaps you have Outlook's spam filter configured to delete messages it flags as junk? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide t...

worksheet deleted
I have a an almost 3mb worksheet that has a password to modify there fore is read only to all users but myself. It is on a network drive so all can view. The other day i went to modify and the worksheet was blank the size was 14kb. Luckily i salvaged the file (novell). But am stumped as to what happened. I tried to delete it again and it prompts for the password like it should. I would like to not have heart failure agian....Any ideas on what happened to my data? thanks! -- Dean Some one could have opened it, saved it to another location (removes password I believe). Renamed i...

File Being deleted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C85289.2962FF10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My Money file has been deleted twice for no reason. I have the latest = version of Money running on Windows Vista. This seems to have started = just a week ago and has now happened twice. I have no idea where it's = going or how its deleted so I was wondering if anyone else has = experienced this? =20 Luckily Vista keeps several "shadow" copies of the file so its easy to = recover but I...

Line chart even though values missing
I notice that my line chart doesn't draw a line if there are missing values. For example, I'm charting weight by date. But if I don't weigh myself on every single day, the line stops at the last day of a cluster of daily weights. Is there a way to have the dots be connected even if there are intervening missing data points? Thanks! -- MattBeckwith ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MattBeckwith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30571 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

Passing a value to a query in a subform
I have a form with a query that requires a value to be provided for a WHERE clause. I can open the form on it's own and enter the desired value into a popup dialog without problem. But if I drag that form onto a second instead of getting a popup to enter the value access03 crashes. How can I prevent the crash from happening and pass the value for the query from the main form automatically. On Jul 25, 2:25 pm, Dan Neely <dan.ne...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a form with a query that requires a value to be provided for a > WHERE clause. I can open the form on it's own an...

is it possible to show a cell value using IF(AND function
I would like to show the value of Cell A1 in Cell A3 , what do I need to replace "=A1" portion of formula The cell format is set for numbers and there is also some conditional formating Formula contained in cell A3 =IF(AND(A1>0.1,A1<99),"=A1","") Displays Result as =A1 Thanks in advance all assistance or guidance greatly appreciated. Hi Almost there!! Just replace the "=A1" with A1 =IF(AND(A1>0.1,A1<99),A1,"") -- Regards Roger Govier "FennisDuck" <Fennis@Menace.AOL.com> wrote in message news:%...

XMLSerializer for javascript
Hello, Can XMLSerializer be called from javascript ? How can I use XMLSerializer on the client side, and on the server side ? I need an example, please. Thanks :) Mr. x wrote: > Can XMLSerializer be called from javascript ? Not in javascript, but in JScript.NET. > How can I use XMLSerializer on the client side, and on the server side ? XmlSerializer (if you're talking about System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer class of .NET) requires .NET environment. On server side it's usually ASP.NET, on client side - Windows forms or Web Forms. -- Oleg Tkachenko http://www.tkachen...

delete data
New to excel functions I'm trying to delete text from a field I have a field with joe,blow h I would like to delete everything after the first space. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hit F2, and edit it in the formula bar -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "donald8188 >" <<donald8188.11sc1j@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:donald8188.11sc1j@excelforum-nospam.com... > New to excel functions > > I'm trying to delete ...

how do I delete?
Hi, XL2K: How do I delete an add-in (*.xla file) from the Tools drop-down menu if it is already been removed from the "Add-in's available" list and from its default location?. TIA Martyn --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. (Giden posta vir�ss�z olarak belgelendi.) Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.693 / Virus Database: 454 - Release Date: 31.05.2004 AFAIK it should be gone the next time you open excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Martyn" <ayes@post.com> wrote in message news:e5%23AtX%23REHA...

Noob error: IE and JavaScript?
I'm a complete noob at web pages, HTML, and JavaScript. I put JavaScript code in the web page I'm trying to build, saved it, and opened in IE to see it run. I also put in a <NOSCRIPT> message. When the page opened, I had the <NOSCRIPT> message displayed and a bar across the top saying IE had blocked active content. I selected "Let blocked content run". The <NOSCRIPT> messge went away, but the JS still wouldn't run. I went through my IE settings (XP Pro, IE 7): everything with Java is enabled. What am I missing? Ed IE thinks you're...

OLE. ActiveX Control. Calendar Value
I am trying to put the value of the calendar form in a txtBox on a form. I have a txtBox with a button next to it. When I click on the button, it opens the Calendar form. The Calendar form as 3 buttons, a Cancel, Exit and Ok buttons. When I click on the Ok button, I want the value of the Calendar to go in the txtBox on the form and I want the Calendar form to close. I can't figure out how to do this. The Cancel and Exit button works fine. I just don't know how to pass the value of the Calender to the txtBox. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Ayo Set the control...

How to delete data
Hi, I have thousands of daily data and I don't know how to automatically delete all the other data and just leave the end of the month data without doing it manually. Or just choose the end of the month data to create a chart. Note, that each date has a respective number, 45%. Please advise. A 1/1/02 1/2/02.... ..... ..... 1/31/02 2/1/02.... ..... ..... 2/28/02 ..... etc. You could extract the month end data with an Advanced Filter. For example, with a heading in cell A1, and your dates starting in cell A2-- In cell D2, enter the formula: =A2=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,0) Sel...

Exclude all records based on null value
I have a database which I want to calculate vehicle monthly usage. I also need to be able to show daily which vehicles should be used based on that usage and not show vehicles which have already been signed out, so I need a query(s) that will exclude any vehicle that has an "ending mileage" that is null; i.e. Vehicle#1 has been sign out and returned several times during the month, but has not been returned yet today, so it should not appear on the list of available vehicles. Fields I think I need to use are "Vehicle#", "Returned Y/N", "Endin...

Can't delete any email
Hi there, I have a user called susan working inside my LAN. She is using Netscape 7 on a Solaris 8 as the email client to access the Exchange server in the same LAN with IMAP. The problem is she can't delete any message (email) from her Netscape. When she tries to delete an email, it pop-up an error message: ******************** Alert: The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: [TRYCREATE] The requested item could not be found. ******************** So, she has to launch MS Outlook on another Windows machine to delete any emails. Any idea would be appreciated, Ross ...

in excel, how do I find which values doesn't have a pair?
I have a list with many values that are listed twice, how do I find which values DON'T have a pair? You can just extract the unique records using data>advanced filte,r unique records only. To tag those that don't have pairs see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jackies_place" wrote: > I have a list with many values that are listed twice, how do I find which > values DON'T have a pair? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jackies_place" ...

Something that should be easy, with javascript
I need to make the tax field automated. Basically I want to have some javascript read the total cost from its textbox take the value get what would be 10% of the value and have the javascript automatically put that value in the tax textbox. Now I've read the other posts and on similar requests saying this is not supported but Microsoft can't really rationally expect us to have to enter the tax manually everytime we create a quote or order. This is absurd, tax doesn't change, so why do we have to remember to work it out everytime. Its likely that our staff will forgot and...