Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?

I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident
info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a
workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However,
all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this.

If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :)

Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow
monitor.

thanks,
Daniel.

0
Daniel
10/21/2003 3:06:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can create a post callout for post-update.

BK
"Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and
Incident
> info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write
> workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this.
However,
> all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this.
>
> If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :)
>
> Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the
workflow
> monitor.
>
> thanks,
> Daniel.

0
Brian
10/22/2003 5:36:27 PM
Daniel,

The only way I've found to get a workflow rule to fire
every time a record changes requires the user to enter a
value from a picklist field each time they save the
record.  This works OK if this is a support function, for
example, and you are trying to keep track of each touch.
You can create a field called 'LastAction', for example.

If they are OK with that, you can do something like this:

1) Create a picklist field, make it mandatory.  Make the
default value null.  Add values users will pick.  Add one
more value, call it 'Select value' or something like
that.  (This is the visual cue to the users that they
have to select a value in this field each time they save
the record.)

2) Create a manual workflow process.  (Called it 'Audit').
Set up a waitfor condition, where that custom field you
created <> 'Select value'.

Wait for
   CFPAudit <> 'Select value'
End Wait
-- do your thing here, email, Post URL, etc.
Update: CFPAudit = 'Select value'
Exec: Audit

The first three lines cause this WF to wait indefinitely
until that record has a different value in that field.
The (Critical!) fifth line 'resets' your key condition,
so your workflow doesn't run forever.

The final line submits this process again.

The final step is to add a 'create' workflow for that
object that has one action, exec 'Audit'.  That kicks off
this process every time a new (account, for example) is
crated.  The recursive workflow rule will take care of
the rest.

HTH,

Dave

0
Dave

Integration manager #4
Hello, I have a question about Great plains. My company has developed client tracking software fo foster ids. We are currently developing an AP module. Currently our AP vouchers are sent to wichita(we are in Topeka), where they are hand entered into Great plains. We would like to automate this proccesss. Our application as a SQL server back end. We are looking at using Integration manager to pull the records directly from opur database. The problem we have right now is that we cannot find appropriate documentation on what the records need to "look" like in order for them to be impor...

OnLoad event criteria
If have the code below in the OnLoad event which is working fine for the most part. The second line is causing a problem for cases where there is no matching record. The code is setting the value - I'd like to have it check the value first, and if it matches the value for the related field in the current form recordset, set the value, otherwise just open the form without setting the value. If CurrentProject.AllForms("AllOpen").IsLoaded Then Me.Combo1 = Forms!AllOpen!ID ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs ...

Printing Private events/appts. on Calendars
A while ago I asked about how to stop Outlook printing private appointments or events in the calendars. Someone said to check "don't print private events" in the print screen which I did. Anyway, the calendar that gets printed, in the day that there is a private event it says "Private Event". How do I stop it from printing them altogether? I want it to appear on the calendar as nothing. ie. if there is only that event then the calendar should appear with no events for that day. Thanks ...

Error in Event Viewer event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 10
Hello Exchange Administrators, I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 1015, 1019, 1015" on regular basis after every 15 min for every user. I need yours help to fix these errors. Also tell me why these error are logged in event viewer or cause of these errors We are using WIndoes 2003 SBS, Exchange Server 2003. Thanks you for yours help in advance. On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:11:01 -0700, Guri <Guri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Exchange Administrators, > >I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1...

deleting events in calender
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have inadvertently imported a weekly event into my calender. Each event seems to be logged as an individual event rather than a repeat event. I do not know how to delete it. Am trying, unsuccessfully, to show all events in one window so that I can easily select this irrelevant event, but cant display that window. Can you help me, either showing that elusive window, or how to otherwise delete MANY events. In article <59bb30c6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <leaest@officeformac.com> w...

Catch click event button
Hi all, I was wondering... Is it possible to "catch" a click-event on a BuildIn Offie Button? In order to execute your own VBA-code? e.g. I want to be able to catch the "Undo" button in order to execute a piece of macro code in stead of just "Undoing" only the last action. Greetz, Bert -- Neron It is possible to catch ("intercept") most built-in Word commands, as described at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InterceptSavePrint.htm. In this case, the macro you need to write is named EditUndo, as in Public Sub E...

4117 Event ID Error
Starting 1-29-04 we started getting 4117 error messages just like those discussed in Micrisoft's Knowledge Base Article 190084. The only thing that arcticle suggests is to update to SP 4 which is already installed on the machine. I have never seen this message before and now we are getting one every few minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sean Seems like you have something else going on then, check out the following articles and see if these help: 126497 XADM: Limiting the Number of Recipients of a Message http://support.microsoft.com/?id=126497 230250 XFOR: Internet ...

Event
I have recorded a macro that I need to automatically run at 6:45am daily. How do I specify this in the code? Everything you need to know about OnTime procedures (but were afraid to ask): http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm You'll need to have excel running for this to work. ===== Some versions of windows have scheduler programs. (Or you can get a freeware/shareware version on the web (www.shareware.com is where I look first.) Then you could have that scheduling program start an excel workbook. If you name the macro Auto_Open, then it'll run when the workbook opens. (But ...

Event After the sale
Hi to all Is any way to bypass the event that after you complete the sale you get a window with the change in it, in order to go to the next sale you have either hit OK or enter because if you scan an item from that point it does not scan in and it appears to me that you can miss an item from been scanned in any way to fix this issue. Also if you have scan several items into the system and you go to del one item in the middle of the page RMS is loosing its focus and starts to scan into the next line down which deletes the items that have been scanned.I think it should go to the next ...

Recurring event
Is there a way to set a meeting date and have it recurring each month, but not on a certain week or certain date of each month. My meeting happens on a Thursday in each month but not every 2nd, 3rd or 4th Thursday. Some months it is the 3rd Thursday and some it is the 4th Thursday. ...

Free Live Webcast on Visio and Business Process Management
Visio and Business Process Management Tuesday, February 21, 9am PST Register at: http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032289938 Business Process Management is a rapidly growing software category that is projected by Gartner to exceed $1B in revenue by 2008. Process discovery and modeling are also becoming critical to businesses in their compliance management efforts. This month, we have two partners - Harvard Computing Group from the U.S. and Qualigram from France - who will demonstrate their solutions for this webcast. Our February webcast presenters h...

What event when I click the record selector
I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last or first. What event should I write the code into? On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:01:23 +1000, "Alan T" <alanpltseNOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote: >I have some labels on the form would like to populate its value (they are >calculated values) when I select the record selector, next, previous or last >or first. > >What event should I write the code into? > Well, don't use Labels for this purpose; use textboxes ...

Managing distribution groups cross-domain
We've completely switched to Exchange 2003 native mode from Exchange 5.5 and still it seems a problem of ten years' running is still with us. You still can't grant ownership of a distribution list to a user outside of our domain. The permissions are granted exactly the same as for users in our domain. But when "owner" tries to modify the membership he gets an error message...your changes could not be saved. We did notice that the distribution group says it's "owned" by our administrative group. How do we get rid of that variable? Can we? Why would it...

Events, dear boy, events #3
Aha I pasted: Application.EnableEvents = true into the immediate window and now the code is working. I don't have an code that would have turned it off in the first place, however. Coul this be a default setting somewhere, or is just one of those thing that can happen now and then? Anyway, thanks for the solution, Bo -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27721 Just a guess. If you turn...

Integration Manager
We are having difficulty importing sales orders using multiple bins. If there is no quantity on hand for an item, we receive the message: Warning The selected bin quantity does not equal the extended quantity for item. Is there a way around this with IM, or does it not work correctly with multiple bins. Are you populating the Bin and Quantity Selected in the Distribution Mapping? I use a separate query for these. Make sure your Record Source is pointing to the right query in the options tab. I have often had to change these for the child records. We've found that the 'Use Def...

Posting events to the event viewer.
I've been using a particular method to post program events to the event viewer. It works, but there is an issue that is driving me crazy. Perhaps there is a better way or different way to accomplish what I am doing. 1) My events are listed in a file I call EventLog.mc. The events are in this file using a particular syntax. 2) Right after creating the file for the first time, or if I change the file, I run the event log compiler. by doing "mc.exe EventLog -d". This process creates a file called "EventLog.rc". 3) I directly edit my program's main .rc file. Nea...

Deployment manager problem 12-26-05
Hi. I have CRM 1.2 on Win2k3 SP1. And I can't import, export or publish customizations! For example, I'm trying to import customizations from xml file. From Deployment manager I click "Import customizations", then I select xml file and CRM says that "No errors fount etc." I click "Next", then "Add". Window "Locate IIS Web Servers" appears and hangs. That’s it! Now I can only drop the mmc process. The same happens when I’m trying to publish customizations. What is it? How can I solve this problem??? I found it by myself!!! The pro...

reading win 7 event logs
Thanks in advance for your help. I have an app that reads my xp logs and posts them to a central database using WMI. I understand that has changed in win 7. Can anyone out there steer me in the right direction to read the win 7 logs? Thanks. hi Lance, On 06.05.2010 22:29, Lance McGonigal wrote: > I have an app that reads my xp logs and posts them to a central database > using WMI. > I understand that has changed in win 7. Can anyone out there steer me in > the right direction to read the win 7 logs? Not that I know. Neither WMI http://msdn.microsoft....

Cannot Delete Entity due to Running Workflow Rule
I was experimenting with workflow rules and have one that caused an error. Now when I try to delete the custom entity that was the subject of the rule I get the message:- =============================== This entity is referenced by the following objects. All references mustg be removed before the entity can be deleted. Workflow Rules: Used in running workflow rule on Entity 'new_test': TestAction =============================== I've gone into the Workflow Manager and removed all actions for new_test. I have then gone into the Workflow Monitor and deleted all log entries, h...

unable to apply credit memos in Receivables Management
We are unable to apply credit memos in Recievable Management BUT it only applies to 1 workstation and has to regard to who is logged into that workstations. Do you have any suggestions on how to identify what the problem is with the workstation? Pauline, It's probably just a security issue for the one user. Do you get an error? If so, what is the exact wording of it? Also, what version and service pack of Great Plains are you on? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Pauline" <Pauline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75C8020E-E1D7-451E-89EB-038A9B16DF3A@...

Call Event from Subform
I've figured out how to execute a sub on a subform initiated on the form. [Forms]![Contacts]![ContactsAddresses].Form.btnSave_Click I can't for the life of me figure out how to do the opposite. To execute a sub on the form called from the subform. When I do a search it always talks about controls, not subroutines. Can someone please help! On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:50:01 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Me.Parent.myPublicProcedure Note that the procedure must be public. Click events are Private by default, but you can simply...

Event 9582
We are using Exchange 2000 with SP3 on Windows 2000 Server Std. We had to upgrade the memory in the server from 2GB to 4GB for another application. We have the following error every hour in the Application log: Event type: Warning Event source: Microsoft Exchange IS Event category: Performance Event ID: 9582 Description: The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue. These events keep appearing once every hour in my Event viewer log. D...

Changing Tax Schedule in Contract Management
I have updated a customers Tax Schedule ID in their Customer Card, however, the invoices created from Contract Manager are still coming in with the old Tax Schedule ID. I looked in the SVC00600 and SVC00601 tables, and the Tax Schedule ID is still set to the old Tax Schedule ID, rather than the new one. Is there anyway to update the changes to these tables as well, or do I need to do it through SQL? Thanks, KJ Hi Kj, You will need to make that change the Tax Schedule ID through SQL there currently is no way to update these tables through the front end unless you go into each contract. ...

Mailbox Manager #10
We have a recipient policy that's giving out SMTP addresses. Now we decided to implement a policy to remove emails on users' Deleted Items that are older than 30 days. So, on the current recipient policy, we added the Mailbox Manager settings on the property page. On the policy itself, we selected the action to Delete Immediately for the Deleted Items that are over 30 days. I also set it to run on 12:00AM Sunday. However, the result is shown below: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2005-06-19 00:14:01 Completed at...

New Lead Event
Hi, While creating a new lead, i would like to call some third party application which will perform some action. In workflow manager,I can specify rules for the crete new Lead event. Is it possible to define a rule which will call the application on create new lead event. Help Needed. Thanks in advance Regards. Raju Look into the PostURL action in Workflow. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:05:36 +0530, "Raju" <raju@netgalactic.com> wrote: Hi, ...