Is the CRM Data Migration Framework compatible with CRM 1.2?

I am attempting to use the MS CRM Data Migration Framework
to move data into CRM via the CDF staging database.  We
are running version 1.2 of CRM and I am attempting to use
the Data Migration Framework that is currently available
on the Microsoft Partners page.  When I attempt to run the
CDF Initialization tool
(Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.InitializeCDF.exe, which is
tagges as version 1.0.3107.0) I receive a message stating
that the version of the CDF database differs from that of
the CRM databases.  I can see the CDF database in SQL
Server Enterprise Manager, so the Migration Framework
install process did create the database.  My question is,
does anyone know if the CRM Data Migration Framework
(currently available on the Microsoft partners page) is
compatible with the 1.2 release of CRM?
0
Don
1/16/2004 12:06:30 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Don, if memory serves, I believe the data migration framework version 1.2
should be on your CRM 1.2 CDs.

Mike

"Don March" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am attempting to use the MS CRM Data Migration Framework
> to move data into CRM via the CDF staging database.  We
> are running version 1.2 of CRM and I am attempting to use
> the Data Migration Framework that is currently available
> on the Microsoft Partners page.  When I attempt to run the
> CDF Initialization tool
> (Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.InitializeCDF.exe, which is
> tagges as version 1.0.3107.0) I receive a message stating
> that the version of the CDF database differs from that of
> the CRM databases.  I can see the CDF database in SQL
> Server Enterprise Manager, so the Migration Framework
> install process did create the database.  My question is,
> does anyone know if the CRM Data Migration Framework
> (currently available on the Microsoft partners page) is
> compatible with the 1.2 release of CRM?

0
GreaterThanTwo
1/16/2004 1:01:34 AM
Thank you Mike...I will check that out and keep my fingers
crossed...

0
Don

message rerouting #2
hello all. does anyone have an idea how long Exchange server takes to reroute in the event of a primary connection failure? Exchange will try delivery via a route 3 times until it marks this as down, if another route exists it will then route the email through the alternate route. Are you seeing issues with message routing. Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "mac" <mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB30A5D0-6868-43E2-9F37-0346D65C80C2@microsoft.com... > hello all. does anyone have an idea how long Exchange server takes to > reroute > in the even...

excel filter #2
hi! I was trying to put a filter in a protected sheet in my workbook (Excel 2003) It doesn't work. is there a way to put it working or it doesn't work at all? thanks You must unprotect a sheet to add or remove filters. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Pedro" <Pedro@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A063F406-CC39-4992-B2A5-B4F5236DBB6E@microsoft.com... > hi! I was trying to put a filter in a protected sheet in my workbook (Excel > 2003) > It doesn't work. is there a way to put it working or it doesn't work at all? > thanks > > Hi ...

missing PERMISSIONS tab #2
I have no idea why, but the PERMISSIONS tab (in any user's mailbx properties in the Exch. 5.5 Administration screen) is missing. Nothing has changed on the server, but the nt4 domain controller no longer exists since the domain was migrated to W2K active directory. Any ideas on how to restore that tab? Please and thanks. Click Tools > Options > Permissions, and put a check in the box "Show Permissions Page for all Objects". -Peter "Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7b3901c402ef$5b028e70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I ha...

Trendline for a Hyperbola? #2
I have a graph which should be an hyperbola. Is there a simple way to add a trendline that will yield this shape? thnx On chart right-click mouse and select <Add Trendline...> Then select Type. Maybe you need polynomial? See how you go. Alex >-----Original Message----- > >I have a graph which should be an hyperbola. > >Is there a simple way to add a trendline that will yield this shape? > >thnx >. > I've tried polynomial- 2nd order polynomial comes close, but I really need an hyperbola. (3rd or 4th order don't work either....) On Fri, 8 Oc...

Format of downloaded data
> A data provider enables me to download real estate data that includes a column of sale prices in dollar amounts. > > The search through Internet explorer shows a page of data which can then be > downloaded to Excel. However the dollar items come into Excel as labels > rather than numbers which then prevents me from manipulating this data. > > This only happens when I download the data with my office desktop computer. > When I download it at home or on my laptop the data comes through as numbers > not labels. This suggests that I have a setting which is incor...

Business Budget #2
I have 2006 Home and Business. I have finally completed my personal budget and want to create a new budget for the business side. I cant find the proper income category and NONE of the expenses. Any ideas? ...

.pst File Problems #2
I have a couple of personal folders that point to .pst files that no longer exist, is there a way to get rid of these references. They don't appear in the "Outlook Data Files" window. Jay You can either recreate your mail profile by going to Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... Or search for the references to these files in the registry (make a backup first of that regkey!) [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Wh...

CISCO CRM Connector problem
Hello, I tried to integrate CRM 4.0 with CISCO CRM unified connector, by setting the Cisco unified CRM Connector server configuration as following : -------------------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <entities> <entity name="account" key="accountid" translatedName="{lang_Account}" objectType="1" getIncidents="True"> <linkDescriptor format="{0}" sortItem="name" sortDescending="false"> <replaceValue order="0" at...

how do i import excel data into Money 05?
"rodshar" <rodshar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A674E2FA-7500-4743-B71C-3BFF6ABE9D15@microsoft.com... > Here's a tool that will do the necessary conversion: http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php /Fredrik ...

1769- Dedicated Web-Hosting at $1.99!
World's Cheapest Rate Hosting, 99.9% Uptime US Based Dedicated Server, Fast Customer Service Register Domain only at $1.99 per Year Bonus for 1 year Package, Domain Free http://hostwebspaces.com/ ...

CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 connection problem.
I successfully installed CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 on my laptop with Office 2003. I can connect to the database and see the contact and lead names in the Outlook browser window but when I try to open up a record, I receive an error stating "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The Event Viewer has the following application error MSCRM Application Error Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the cu...

Row and column, value = 1 inch
To print square unit in Excel, with row's height and column's width with the same value, of 1 inche, or 1/2 inche, how could I find the precise value for that? With regards Solve it using: Trail and error - too much depends on your printer. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Pierre-Yves Ste-Marie" <stemariepy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:TjDCd.7194$7n1.536902@news20.bellglobal.com... > To print square unit in Excel, with row's height and column's width with > the same value, of 1 inche, or 1/2 inche, how could I find the precise > value for th...

Forward email #2
Hello, I have a server, (say server a) which is running freeBSD with SMTP server. I have pointed the SMTP server so it directs all mail to my exchange server. Mail that comes from server a comes as name@a.domain.local. I want to redirect all mail from this server (server a) to a specific mailbox (pop or other) or newsgroup so that people can go and look at it as server a is a test/development server. I don't want any email that comes from server a to be routed to the internet. How can I do this? I am running Exchange 2000 on a Win2K3 Server. Thanks Dave Dear Dave, i have one ...

error opening excel file #2
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb Hi jp- Without a lot more detail, one can only guess, but here are a couple of ideas. 1) The file may be damaged or corrupted in some way. Pe...

Linking data from cells into word doc in 2003
When I open a word document, that has links to the excel app I am opening it from, it prompts me with a question if I wish to update links. I have the option already check marked in Word so that it will update links automatically upon opening, and I did the same thing in excel, but it still prompts for an answer. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what do you do to fix it. This is destroying our automation at work where the hyperlink is triggered to open the word doc, the word doc updates, prints, saves and closes before going on to the next hyperlink. ...

Forwarding problems #2
I have setup my domain to receive mail sent to it be sent to an external internet address( a hotmail account). My problem is that, only mail sent from a hotmail account will be delivered. Mail sent from elsewhere , like a yahoo account will immediately be rejected with a message: I have given up on 71.245.3.201( which is the ip address of my exchange server.) What is the problem? I have not tried with other email services. Would appreciate any help your server is on RBL list http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=71.245.3.201 -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________...

Help Needed ... Probably simple for you gurus ... locking cell after data entered and
positioning next cell after enter is hit I am very computer illiterate and have searched and experimented for 2 days with limited success here is currently what the macro does when data is entered into a cell that cell is filled with the color green....simple...and works also there is 3 different columns with data being entered...A....B....C....after data is entered in C it automatically puts the current date in the corresponding cell in column D....that is somewhat ok...would like it to time stamp it also here is features that I would like to add Once data is entered to a cell I would l...

Exchange Migration
I have an Exchange 5.5 organization with two Exchange 5.5 Sites, (NT1 and NT2). I set up the appropriate connection agreements and then added the first Exchange 2003 server (EX01) to the existing org. I ended up with the Exchange 2003 server in site 1 with the other Exchange 5.5 server. Through the Exchange 2003 management console the two Exchange 5.5 sites appear as administrative groups. I am trying to end up with a single administrative group with all the Exchange 2003 servers once I decommission the Exchange 5.5 servers. Is this possible as I will be moving mailboxes from site NT2 to ...

CRM + aspnet worker process = slow down after 1 or 2 days?
Hello, Problem is: every few days the aspnet worker process on our CRM web server gets out of control with memory usage. Once it hits a certain point, end users start calling about pages erroring out and CRM running slow. The magic number seems to be somewhere around 300MB. Then we go in and reboot the server and all is well again. My question: Is the aspnet_wp mem usuage causing the slow down? 300MB seems high. I heard there is a known flaw that the aspnet_wp on framework 1.1 doesn't relase mem correctly? just a rumor or true? Does anyone else have problems with this? Is there any...

Email templates #2
Hello, I have 11 generic email templates that I use, how do I have it in the program so that when I select new email I have the option of what template I can use? becuase now I have 11 different text files and have to copy and paste each time I want to use that email template. eudora does this perfectly but cant see this feature in outlook, any ideas??? You could create the items and save them as templates (*.oft) to the file system. From there just make standard desktop shortcuts to each. If you are the type of person that not only creates new items from templates, but also end up ...

insert row below where the cell data is "Wednesday"
Can someone help me? I checked Excel Help and didn't find insert row based on data....thanks!! ....Lisa Excel 2003 look in vba help index for FIND if only one or FINDNEXT if more. Good example -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156424702.624278.17530@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Can someone help me? I checked Excel Help and didn't find insert row > based on data....thanks!! > > ...Lisa Excel 2003 > If you're trying to insert a new row when the values in a column change, may...

text to columns problem #2
I have an invoice that uses "text to columns" to help it update. I use macro to paste data from a network application to the invoice. When close down Excel, even though I have it saved, it no longer separate the test when pasted. Anyone know why? Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A guess in the absence of other replies :- Normally with a text file we have to SaveAs a .xls workbook otherwise the file remains a text file. I wonder if this is affecting your data. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Task Management in CRM 3.0
Hi everybody, 1- I want to follow CRM Users Activity in my organization, but when we Assign a task to another users, it's Owner was changed and I can't know previous user resume in this Tasks. How can i follow up tasks doing and users activity about this tasks? 2- How can I inform from completing some tasks that I assigned to another users and haven't any unique field for distinguish them? -- Mohsen Ahmadi ...

Lact cell data copied
Need some help on a basic question. I have a list of constantly growing data & I would like the last entered value in this list to copied to a fixed cell. EG, if the last entered cell was say line 20 with value "A64" I would like this value to be posted to say A1 and as data is entered in line 20 this value would replace the contents of cell A1,make sence ? Any help would be appreciated Sorry the second line 20 should read line 21 "Malcolm McMaster" wrote: > Need some help on a basic question. > I have a list of constantly growing data & I ...

Exchange 2003 Migration Wizard after SP1 #2
Hi... I have been progressively migrating multiple domains from an old failing server to a new 2003 server. This has been working fine. The method I was using was to locate all the users in a domain and use the wizard to export to file. Then from the new 2003 server I would import from the files, and activate the accounts and a few settings, and all went well. Now after SP1. This process fails. The new accounts created on the new server come in with no account name information. When I place the account name, reset the password I still cannot access the account. When I try to access the acc...