Is it possible to make proposals in microsoft CRM?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to make proposals in
microsoft CRM?

My problem is that we work only with services, not products, and MS
CRM can create quotes, orders, and invoices. All of them for products
only! But I need to make proposals, for services!!

Is there a way to do that?

Excuse the english.

0
webbureau
3/31/2007 7:37:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Setup your services in the product catalog. Define them as you would
services either with the total quantity being hours or some other unit.

Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM

"webbureau" <webbureau@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to make proposals in
> microsoft CRM?
>
> My problem is that we work only with services, not products, and MS
> CRM can create quotes, orders, and invoices. All of them for products
> only! But I need to make proposals, for services!!
>
> Is there a way to do that?
>

> Excuse the english.

0
Anne
3/31/2007 8:59:09 PM
Hi Webbureau, we use Microsoft CRM opportunities, quotes, orders and invoices
for selling services.

We set up services in the product catalogue just as if they were products.
For example, we selling consulting services in 15-min, 1-hour, 1/2-day and
1-day units. We sell subscriptions in 1-month, 12-month, 24-month and
36-month units.

Regards,
--
Neil Benson
Increase - Hosted Microsoft CRM with Beyond Demand service

"webbureau" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to make proposals in
> microsoft CRM?
>
> My problem is that we work only with services, not products, and MS
> CRM can create quotes, orders, and invoices. All of them for products
> only! But I need to make proposals, for services!!
>
> Is there a way to do that?
>

> Excuse the english.

Anne, I think this is not a good option...

The reasons:

1 - The printed version, have too many useless fields, like freight,
address to delivery the product, and other fields that just don't use
in a service quote/proposal... And I can't remove them (crm say's
something like "protected field"...2 - I can't se the product details
in the print preview.... And use the quote.dot is terrible... ugly
layout, hard to edit....)
2 - Even if I got the product details, that field is too short.... I
can't insert here a complete description of the service.... And I
can't modify this field to add more characters space (CRM say's
something like "protected field"...)

There is no other options?

Thanks, and sorry fo my english.

On 31 mar, 17:59, "Anne Stanton" <astan...@thenorwichgroup.com> wrote:
> Setup your services in the product catalog. Define them as you would
> services either with the total quantity being hours or some other unit.
>
> Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM
>
> "webbureau" <webbur...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to make proposals in
> >microsoftCRM?
>
> > My problem is that we work only with services, not products, and MS
> >CRMcan create quotes, orders, and invoices. All of them for products
> > only! But I need to make proposals, for services!!
>
> > Is there a way to do that?
>
> > Excuse the english.- Ocultar texto entre aspas -
>
> - Mostrar texto entre aspas -

0
webbureau

Is it possible

CRM on SBS (Internet, Domain)
Hello! I need your help regarding CRM server. I installed CRM server on the Small Business Server and it is working perfect. Our company have four offices on three diffrent locations. Server is in the HQ and i want to contact this server from any other office but i am not able to do so. On the local network it is working and server has IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS1 and DNS2. I am not able to Ping IP address from other office (Request time out 100% loss). Is there any body to help me how can i use CRM server in the any other office. I have Windows Server 2003 and cont...

How do I set up Microsoft Outlook?
I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. Thanks! http://postmaster.info.aol.com/imap/outlook02.html "hc24fan" <hc24fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A184A2EC-2FF2-4C99-89B8-96E6F49AD85C@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. > When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! > > You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. > > Th...

Personal Folders in OWA

making a flyer with publisher
I Want to add more than one picture on my flyer, but it does not give me that option. Is it possible to add more than one picture? thank you aj Yes, but you have to do it one at a time. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "A.J." <A.J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F631F9A-98CE-4915-93D4-56EAF4A34765@microsoft.com... >I Want to add more than one picture on my flyer, but it does not give me >that > option. Is it possible to add more than one picture? > thank you > aj I make flyers with Publisher 2000 and put several pictures...

What is my microsoft exchange server in initial set up? Home use
I am unable to set up my outlook. When I try to set up the account (the first account) it tells me that "the name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchage server is not available." What should my microsoft exchange server and my mailbox be? what type of mail account do you use? close outlook, go to control panel, mail and delete the existing profile. Make a new one using the correct account type. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tip...

How to make odds ratio graph?
How to make odds ratio graph? Would love to help but your cryptic message does not tell me what it is that you want to do. More details, please -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "How to make odds ratio graph?" <How to make odds ratio graph?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E115BCD1-D2C3-4739-9DFD-244CD8C67F5F@microsoft.com... > How to make odds ratio graph? ...

how do i make the excel chart axis title boxes bigger?
The text is often truncated as though it were too long for the box. If I reduce the font the titles are often too small to read. How do I "grow" the boxes to accomodate longer strings? Perhaps try Andy Pope's response to a similar past query: http://tinyurl.com/7sz94 -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik ---- "Patrick98001" <Patrick98001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:608942AC-9AA9-4B10-B81B-1A90588B92AB@microsoft.com... > The text is often truncated as though it were too long for the box. If I > redu...

Advice on Making a TimeLine Control
Hello, I am in the process of making my first custom control, which needs to be a timeline that behaves similar to the timeline in MS Moviemaker (and other apps). So far I have created a CWnd and drawn the 'tick marks' at the top to represent time, and got it to successfully scroll horizontally and vertically. The complication is having to add a label area to the left, to label each entry in the timeline, because these labels must not scroll horizontally with the rest of the view. The tick marks at the top also must not scroll vertically with the rest of the view. I am not sure wha...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

"This record is read-only in Microsoft CRM" error in SFO version 3
Hi, My users get this error when they use CRM within Outlook (desktop client). These users can't create or modify Accounts; they just can see Accounts that were assigned to them. Has anyone ever seen this error before? There is like one error message per Account. Thanks, Mathieu CLoutier. ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

What did microsoft do to Synchronized Calendars?
I am been trying now for 2 hours to use the microsoft live as Microsoft has decided we can no longer share our calendars without Windows 7. Where is the easy fix. This is nuts! I work from home and until last week was able to see other calendars from outlook and now I have to create another calendar online seperate from outlook??? Anyone found a solution because there appears none on their website. I download Office Live and it will not even copy my current calendar. "FrustratedinNC" <FrustratedinNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D09A8B24-1...

How can I make this happen?
I want a macro or something that will allow me to "show" every comment on a work sheet (there are almost 100) then go to Format Comment and Properties and change it to "move and size with cells" then rehide the comment. Any ideas? -- foxspirit ------------------------------------------------------------------------ foxspirit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31264 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=509350 On a worksheet is there a function that unhides all comments in every cell? -- foxsp...

How to make a dir NOT read only
Hi, I am using wamp with XP and need to give permission so a dir can be Read. I have tried to unclick the Read Only option in Properties, but it just goes back to Read Only again. How can I make it stick to Read Thanks rock rock wrote: > Hi, > > I am using wamp with XP and need to give permission so a dir can be Read. > > I have tried to unclick the Read Only option in Properties, but it just > goes back to Read Only again. > > How can I make it stick to Read ??? If it's "Read Only" then it can be read... what's the...

How to make "Report" run for specefic 'Date' or other criteria?
I can use something like... Like [Enter Date w/o leading zeros like 4/2/2007] & "*" into a query... then build a Form on that query... Then run the Form And Access will pupup a screen and ask for a date. How can we do this when we run a "Report" on the same Query? thanks for any help. Mel <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in news:1184184721.213826.274340@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com: > I can use something like... > > Like [Enter Date w/o leading zeros like 4/2/2007] & "*" > > into a query... then build a Form on that query... Th...

extracting comments in a cell and making these part of the Chart .
I would like to extract comments in a which I have added in a cell and making these comments part of the Chart Title Charles, Click once on the title of the chart. Next, go to the formula bar and type "=". Finally, click on the cell reference that you want to show in the title and hit the Enter key. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Charles" wrote: > I would like to extract comments in a which I have added in a cell and > making these comments part of the Chart Title Thank you for your help. It did work! "Charles" wrote: ...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

Integration between CRM, OA 2007, and Commerce Server
Suggesting... 1) Tight integration between OA 2007 and MS CRM 3.0 2) Tight integration between OA 2007 and MS Commerce Server 3) Tight integration between MS CRM 3.0 and MS Commerce Server. In brief, it would be really nice to see the tight integrations between these 3 packagtes. -- Regards, Andy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Is it possible to make cmd window to flash?
Greetings, I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can this be implemented? Thanks, Evan >I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm >feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can >this be implemented? Evan, If the console is running in a window, I presume you can use the FlashWindow(Ex) API. In newer OS's you can find the console window handle using the GetConsoleWindow API. For older OS's here's...