Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0

We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration
between them.  Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing
orders within our GPS system.  Because of business reasons we can't
consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation
suggests.

The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory
location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool.  It
appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail
channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM to the LocationCode
field within GPS.

Finally, here's my question.  Where in the process is the "Default"
Inventory Location set?  If it's done by the COM object that writes to GPS
then modifying the BizTalk Map would make no difference, right?

Sorry for the long winded post, but it's a long winded discussion.  ;-)

Thanks for any help.

DB

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hey DB,

I am assuming that by inventory locations you are referring to GP inventory
sites. In such case in this connector you can do following:

1. you can set a default using Setting and administration tool, if you don't
want your CRM user to enter it in CRM.
2. With this release now your CRM user can specify an inventory site in CRM
Order itself. Not only this in real time they can view quantity available on
each of this site in GP for specified product. This information is retrieved
in real time from GP.
3. CRM user now can specify a default site in CRM order at header level or
can specify Inventory site at product line item level.

So now your CRM users can create an order with different Inventory sites for
diffrent line items and that too after verifying quantity availability.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Subodh

"DBrothers" wrote:

> We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration
> between them.  Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing
> orders within our GPS system.  Because of business reasons we can't
> consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation
> suggests.
>
> The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory
> location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool.  It
> appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail
> channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM to the LocationCode
> field within GPS.
>
> Finally, here's my question.  Where in the process is the "Default"
> Inventory Location set?  If it's done by the COM object that writes to GPS
> then modifying the BizTalk Map would make no difference, right?
>
> Sorry for the long winded post, but it's a long winded discussion.  ;-)
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> DB

Hi,

All these features have been added in new CRM connector with GP, which will
integrate CRM 3.0 and GP 8.0/9.0. But these features are not available in
CRM integration 1.2

Thanks,
Debarghya

"Subodh Kumar" <SubodhKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey DB,
>
> I am assuming that by inventory locations you are referring to GP
> inventory
> sites. In such case in this connector you can do following:
>
> 1. you can set a default using Setting and administration tool, if you
> don't
> want your CRM user to enter it in CRM.
> 2. With this release now your CRM user can specify an inventory site in
> CRM
> Order itself. Not only this in real time they can view quantity available
> on
> each of this site in GP for specified product. This information is
> retrieved
> in real time from GP.
> 3. CRM user now can specify a default site in CRM order at header level or
> can specify Inventory site at product line item level.
>
> So now your CRM users can create an order with different Inventory sites
> for
> diffrent line items and that too after verifying quantity availability.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Cheers
> Subodh
>
> "DBrothers" wrote:
>
>> We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration
>> between them.  Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when
>> placing
>> orders within our GPS system.  Because of business reasons we can't
>> consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration
>> documentation
>> suggests.
>>
>> The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one
>> Inventory
>> location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool.  It
>> appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail
>> channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM to the LocationCode
>> field within GPS.
>>
>> Finally, here's my question.  Where in the process is the "Default"
>> Inventory Location set?  If it's done by the COM object that writes to
>> GPS
>> then modifying the BizTalk Map would make no difference, right?
>>
>> Sorry for the long winded post, but it's a long winded discussion.  ;-)
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> DB

0
Debarghya
4/7/2006 6:42:37 AM
Thank you both for your responses.  They were quite helpful.

David Brothers.

"Debarghya Mandal" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> All these features have been added in new CRM connector with GP, which will
> integrate CRM 3.0 and GP 8.0/9.0. But these features are not available in
> CRM integration 1.2
>
> Thanks,
> Debarghya
>
> "Subodh Kumar" <SubodhKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey DB,
> >
> > I am assuming that by inventory locations you are referring to GP
> > inventory
> > sites. In such case in this connector you can do following:
> >
> > 1. you can set a default using Setting and administration tool, if you
> > don't
> > want your CRM user to enter it in CRM.
> > 2. With this release now your CRM user can specify an inventory site in
> > CRM
> > Order itself. Not only this in real time they can view quantity available
> > on
> > each of this site in GP for specified product. This information is
> > retrieved
> > in real time from GP.
> > 3. CRM user now can specify a default site in CRM order at header level or
> > can specify Inventory site at product line item level.
> >
> > So now your CRM users can create an order with different Inventory sites
> > for
> > diffrent line items and that too after verifying quantity availability.
> >
> > Hope it helps.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Subodh
> >
> > "DBrothers" wrote:
> >
> >> We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration
> >> between them.  Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when
> >> placing
> >> orders within our GPS system.  Because of business reasons we can't
> >> consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration
> >> documentation
> >> suggests.
> >>
> >> The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one
> >> Inventory
> >> location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool.  It
> >> appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail
> >> channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM to the LocationCode
> >> field within GPS.
> >>
> >> Finally, here's my question.  Where in the process is the "Default"
> >> Inventory Location set?  If it's done by the COM object that writes to
> >> GPS
> >> then modifying the BizTalk Map would make no difference, right?
> >>
> >> Sorry for the long winded post, but it's a long winded discussion.  ;-)
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help.
> >>
> >> DB

Songs in data CD playing out of order
I've got Windows Vista Media Player 11. I've recorded a number of data CDs containing songs in the mp3 format with the playlist in the m3u format, which discs play just fine on a Sony player I have. The songs are played in the order I set. However, the last data CD of mp3 songs I recorded, also with an m3u playlist, does NOT play the songs in the right order in the Sony player. I tried recording the CD a couple different ways (e.g., at a slower speed) to see if it would make any difference, but it doesn't. Can anyone explain this? Is a recent update perhaps resp...

how to add one same word on every 10th line
hi, i have excel with 50000 lines.i have to insert this word "###break###" on every 10 th line.how to do this? i tried macro but cannot able to do.i need help.advance thanks for your help. -- elavenil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ elavenil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571672 here's a macro you can use. Just modify it to suit your needs. Sub test() Dim i As Long For i = 1 To 5000 Sheets(1).Range(&qu...

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

make a page to have 100 lines only
is it possable to make a excel page only 100 lines??? How would it be done using excel pro 2000? Hi, You can select row number 101 and press Shift+Ctrl+Down Arrow, then right click any of the selected row numbers and choose Hide. You really aren't making the page only have 100 lines but it behaves that way. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "j5b9721" wrote: > is it possable to make a excel page only 100 lines??? How would it be done > using excel pro 2000? You could set a scroll area so you cant work outside the first 100 ...

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault #2
HI I HAVE A PROBLEM OF OPENING EXCEL FILE FROM NT SAVER (LAN), THE FOLOWING ERROR MASSAGE APEARS, THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFOMED AN ILLIGAL OPERATION AND THE WINDOW WILL SHUT DOWN. BUT OTHER EXCEL FILES FROM THE SAME SAVER ARE OPENING WITHOUT A PROBLE THIS IS THE PROBLEM DETAI EXCEL caused an invalid page fault i module EXCEL.EXE at 017f:302b8dbf Registers EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=302b8dbf EFLGS=0001024 EBX=00000000 SS=0187 ESP=0062cc08 EBP=0062cc7 ECX=0068dc28 DS=0187 ESI=00000011 FS=4cc EDX=00000001 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=000 Bytes at CS:EIP 8b 40 30 3b c7 0f 85 e8 4d e5 ff 57 e8 52 0d d9 St...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

How do I stop hyperlinks from opening up 2 identical tabs?
Everytime I click on a link in Microsoft Outlook it opens up 2 tabs for the same link. How do I stop this? It is getting to be irritating. This is the only time that this happens. Purpleforfree <Purpleforfree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Everytime I click on a link in Microsoft Outlook it opens up 2 tabs > for the same link. How do I stop this? It is getting to be > irritating. This is the only time that this happens. Did you ever have Firefox isntalled? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Purpleforfree <Purpleforfree@discus...

SQL help #2
I want to make sub description 3 say NOT SALE where it Does not contain S My SQL knowledge is basic. I can do: UPDATE item set subdescription3 = 'NOT SALE' where subdescription3 = '' Which will make it correct for blank items, but I don't know how to do any kind of Not command? Please help. Chris See if this gets you the rows you are looking for: Select itemlookupcode, description, subdescription3 from item where subdescription3 NOT LIKE '%S%' % is the wild card for SQL - kind of like * in most other contexts. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http:/...

Scrolling Along Data Line
Often, but not always, when I scroll along my chart data line to examine data, my date information often comes out like this: "7 day" point "39445" Value:141 In other words, my date "39445" is not shown as "Dec. 30"?? Why not? Thanks, FLKulchar ...

Averaging List with Blank Cells #2
My apologies if this is a repeat post. I'm having news reader problems. I was given this formula for averaging the last five numbers in a column of numbers: =AVERAGE(OFFSET(A2,COUNTA(A:A)-5,0,5,1)) It works fine unless there are some blank cells like below: 1. 3 2. 3. 4. 6 5. 7 6. 8 7. 8. 35 9. 10. 11 Is there a way to change it so that it will average the last five numbers in this column and ignore the blank cells? Thanks for your help. Frank <Mr. X> wrote... .... >I was given this formula for averaging the last five numbers in a >column of numbers: > >...

How do I insert a line into a footer? Enter doesn't work.
I'm trying to insert a line into my footer, as when I add an extra line underneath the first bit, it doesn't go into line with the left and right sided footers...eg. Form details v1.0 Effective Date Reference data Unfortunately I cannot make the footer look like this (as above). I've tried inserting a return before v1.0, but for some reason it won't insert a line. Any suggestions? Thankyou in advance for your help. Kind Regards If you try the Custom Foot...

IE8 New Tab Order preference needed.
A preference should be added in the SP1 of Internet Explorer 8 to allow the user to specifiy how they would like IE8 to handle the order or placement of new tabs being opened. When using a website and browsing links on a specific site, many times a user will select to open one of the links on that page in a new tab. If there are other tabs open at that point in time, the tab will go to the end of the tab list (right-hand side). The behavor of IE7 was that the new tab was opened immediatly beside the current open tab that the link was opened from. IE8 places the tab at the end of...

re arranging page order
I have a multi page document that I am hoping to print out like a book. However, I am trying to change the order of the pages and can't figure out how to do it. Any help? You should be able to just drag and drop the pages at the bottom of the screen (the little numbered ones). "Sherpa" wrote: > I have a multi page document that I am hoping to print out like a book. > However, I am trying to change the order of the pages and can't figure out > how to do it. Any help? What size are your pages? Does your printer support 11 x 17 (tabloid)? If it does, setup ...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

Advanced on-line Excel course
Can anyone recommend an advanced on-line Excel course? I'm looking for something that will take up to 4 hours and cover macros, lists, advanced formatting, etc. Thanks, Kathy Hi Kathy, See David McRitchie's tutorials page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm#tutorial The VBA material is towards the bottom of that section. --- Regards, Norman "Kathy H" <Kathy H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEEECE40-1D94-4F95-93F0-345E3A669576@microsoft.com... > Can anyone recommend an advanced on-line Excel course? I'm looking f...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

quantities on order by Item by store from HQ
We are currently on 1.20157 of RMS. I have 5 locations on Store operations and HQ. We need to be able to see quaintly on order by store, by item. Currently RMS lets you see the total on order for an item, but not how much is on order for each location. Is it possible to get this information? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

I want to write some custom rules #2
I want to write some custom rule actions but dont know where to begin. Any ideas where I should be looking? Amb ...

Email Sending Problem #2
I have an Exchange Server 2003.I just installed SP2.Before the installation everthing was woking fine.Users were able to sent mails to eachother and to them-selves.But no after the installation of SP2 following issues arose. 1-Users cant sent mails to eachother on the local domain. 2-Messages sent to themselves go into Drafts, doesnt appear in Inbox items. Kindly Help... Thanks. Please specify what mail client is used. Also specify if OWA works. munawar wrote: > I have an Exchange Server 2003.I just installed SP2.Before the installation > everthing was woking fine.Users were able to...

Email alias #2
Where do you set the alias for your email address? My problem is that my new email address is too long and I would like to change it so that when my clients get email from me, it must only display my company name in the from field, if possible. Please assist Henk It is in your Account Settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Henk asked: | Where do you set the alias for yo...

Lines around cells question
How do I make disappear or how I hide the lines around the rectangles so they would not be see or they would not print? Thanks in advance. Hi Having created your rectangle, right click on the border>Format Autoshape>Colours and Lines>Line>Colour>No Line -- Regards Roger Govier "Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com> wrote in message news:AB4ED27C-93B3-4BB0-882A-4F62E5BC9431@microsoft.com... > How do I make disappear or how I hide the lines around the rectangles so > they would not be see or they would not print? > Thanks in advance. Here's wh...

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

Counting a row based on criteria in 2 cols
I need to count the cells in a worksheet where col B doesn't contain a certain value and col L contains a different value. So...what I need to do is count the rows where col B doesn't contain "Bear" and col L contains "Goat". Your help is appreciated. Hi, =sumproduct(($B$1:$B$1000<>"Bear")*($L$1:$L$1000="Goat")) if this helps please click yes thanks "Big UT Fan" wrote: > I need to count the cells in a worksheet where col B doesn't contain a > certain value and col L contains a different value. So...

Mixed Mode Exchange Site
We've been experiencing a lot more of the seemingly random lockups, freezing, loss of RPC connectivity to our 5.5 servers. We've had two 5.5 servers go down in the last week, one of them twice, and I think it's more than a coincidence that this has started happening after introducing exchange 2003 servers into the site. There's nothing logged, it's just the usual sort of "nobody can access Outlook" type calls.... Is anybody else noticing this? "jerry cantrell" <undisclosed@earth.net> wrote in message news:OWnxFBwMEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl....

Sharepoint Services 3.0 & Business Portal
I am planning a Business Portal 3.0 installation soon. Is this compatable with Sharepoint Services 3.0? fakaul, Thanks for using the newsgroups. BP 3.0 is only compatible with WSS 2.0. BP 4.0, which will be released this year, is compatible with WSS 3.0. Thanks, Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "fakaul" wrote: > I am planning a Business Portal 3.0 installation soon. Is this compatable > with Sharepoint Services 3.0? Is BP 4.0, which...