Invalid e-mail address while Tracking email in CRM

Hello!

One of our clients started receiving an error as below when they track
specific emails in CRM:

"Invaid e-mail address. For more information, contact your Microsoft
Dynamics CRM administrator."

The only error on Event Viewer is:

"An error occurred while promoting a Microsoft CRM e-mail message.  Restart
Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80044192. Context=.
Function=CMailItemHelper::HrPromoteMailItemInCrm. Line=1643"

User has Rollup 2 installed, Diagnostics and Outlook Temporary folder are
clean.

Did anybody have this error? I cannot find anything related to this issue on
the Internet.

Thank you in advance for any help.
--
Alexandra
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Alexandra,

we have the same issues, these days in big numbers. Will post if we figure
anything out.

Best, Henrik.

"Alexandra Ribeiro" wrote:

> Hello!
>
> One of our clients started receiving an error as below when they track
> specific emails in CRM:
>
> "Invaid e-mail address. For more information, contact your Microsoft
> Dynamics CRM administrator."
>
> The only error on Event Viewer is:
>
> "An error occurred while promoting a Microsoft CRM e-mail message.  Restart
> Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80044192. Context=.
> Function=CMailItemHelper::HrPromoteMailItemInCrm. Line=1643"
>
> User has Rollup 2 installed, Diagnostics and Outlook Temporary folder are
> clean.
>
> Did anybody have this error? I cannot find anything related to this issue on
> the Internet.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.
> --
> Alexandra
Hello Henrik,

Thank you for your answer.

I read somewhere that, on System Settings, on Email tab, we should check the
option "Allow messages with unresolved e-mail recipients to be sent", that is
by default set to "No".

When we did so, some of the specific emails that gave the error message,
could be tracked, but the problem remains for some other email addresses.

I'll post here if I figure it out, too.

Thank you again.

Best Regards,
--
Alexandra

"Henrik Schmidt" wrote:

> Hi Alexandra,
>
> we have the same issues, these days in big numbers. Will post if we figure
> anything out.
>
> Best, Henrik.
>
> "Alexandra Ribeiro" wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > One of our clients started receiving an error as below when they track
> > specific emails in CRM:
> >
> > "Invaid e-mail address. For more information, contact your Microsoft
> > Dynamics CRM administrator."
> >
> > The only error on Event Viewer is:
> >
> > "An error occurred while promoting a Microsoft CRM e-mail message.  Restart
> > Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80044192. Context=.
> > Function=CMailItemHelper::HrPromoteMailItemInCrm. Line=1643"
> >
> > User has Rollup 2 installed, Diagnostics and Outlook Temporary folder are
> > clean.
> >
> > Did anybody have this error? I cannot find anything related to this issue on
> > the Internet.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any help.
> > --
> > Alexandra
Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a client with the same problem.
Only common thing I can find is that the problem emails have at least one
recipient whose address book entry in outlook has the email display name in
the format of "contact name (email@ddress)".  Seems to be that removing the
parentheses and email address portion of the display name eliminates the
error. But this user has THOUSANDS of contacts formatted this way. and why
would the display name field matter anyhow? Incredibly frustrating. Just
upgraded from 3.0 and we never had this problem.

"Alexandra Ribeiro" wrote:

> Hello Henrik,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I read somewhere that, on System Settings, on Email tab, we should check the
> option "Allow messages with unresolved e-mail recipients to be sent", that is
> by default set to "No".
>
> When we did so, some of the specific emails that gave the error message,
> could be tracked, but the problem remains for some other email addresses.
>
> I'll post here if I figure it out, too.
>
> Thank you again.
>
> Best Regards,
> --
> Alexandra
>

> "Henrik Schmidt" wrote:
>
> > Hi Alexandra,
> >
> > we have the same issues, these days in big numbers. Will post if we figure
> > anything out.
> >
> > Best, Henrik.
> >
> > "Alexandra Ribeiro" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > One of our clients started receiving an error as below when they track
> > > specific emails in CRM:
> > >
> > > "Invaid e-mail address. For more information, contact your Microsoft
> > > Dynamics CRM administrator."
> > >
> > > The only error on Event Viewer is:
> > >
> > > "An error occurred while promoting a Microsoft CRM e-mail message.  Restart
> > > Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80044192. Context=.
> > > Function=CMailItemHelper::HrPromoteMailItemInCrm. Line=1643"
> > >
> > > User has Rollup 2 installed, Diagnostics and Outlook Temporary folder are
> > > clean.
> > >
> > > Did anybody have this error? I cannot find anything related to this issue on
> > > the Internet.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance for any help.
> > > --
> > > Alexandra
0
Clay (19)
6/11/2009 9:24:01 PM
On Jun 11, 11:24=A0pm, clay <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a client with the same prob=
lem.
> Only common thing I can find is that the problem emails have at least one
> recipient whose address book entry in outlook has the email display name =
in
> the format of "contact name (email@ddress)". =A0Seems to be that removing=
 the
> parentheses and email address portion of the display name eliminates the
> error. But this user has THOUSANDS of contacts formatted this way. and wh=
> would the display name field matter anyhow? Incredibly frustrating. Just
> upgraded from 3.0 and we never had this problem.
>
> "Alexandra Ribeiro" wrote:
> > Hello Henrik,
>
> > Thank you for your answer.
>
> > I read somewhere that, on System Settings, on Email tab, we should chec=
k the
> > option "Allow messages with unresolved e-mail recipients to be sent", t=
hat is
> > by default set to "No".
>
> > When we did so, some of the specific emails that gave the error message=
,
> > could be tracked, but the problem remains for some other email addresse=
s.

> > I'll post here if I figure it out, too.
>
> > Thank you again.
>
> > Best Regards,
> > --
> > Alexandra
>
> > "Henrik Schmidt" wrote:
>
> > > Hi Alexandra,
>
> > > we have the same issues, these days in big numbers. Will post if we f=
igure
> > > anything out.
>
> > > Best, Henrik.

Hi *

Same problem here! When tracking emails where a sender or receiver has
an email description with the format "contact name (email@ddress)" an
invalid e-mail address exception is raised.

Someone found a solution? I'm looking for a solution since days...
I can confirm the exact same problem in our setup!

Problem also confirmed here

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm/thread/963a556a-2e4c-46ef-acd9-c467ec814f57

Hello,

No, I didn't find any solution yet... We're waiting for a final answer from
Microsoft. The only thing asked to check was if the email address was not in
CRM as a contact/account or, if it was, if it is duplicated.

But in our case, there are some situations where neither of these situations
happen and the error remains.

If I receive a final solution for this problem, I will post it here.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
--
Alexandra

"clay" wrote:

> Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a client with the same problem.
> Only common thing I can find is that the problem emails have at least one
> recipient whose address book entry in outlook has the email display name in
> the format of "contact name (email@ddress)".  Seems to be that removing the
> parentheses and email address portion of the display name eliminates the
> error. But this user has THOUSANDS of contacts formatted this way. and why
> would the display name field matter anyhow? Incredibly frustrating. Just
> upgraded from 3.0 and we never had this problem.
>
> "Alexandra Ribeiro" wrote:
>
> > Hello Henrik,
> >
> > Thank you for your answer.
> >
> > I read somewhere that, on System Settings, on Email tab, we should check the
> > option "Allow messages with unresolved e-mail recipients to be sent", that is
> > by default set to "No".
> >
> > When we did so, some of the specific emails that gave the error message,
> > could be tracked, but the problem remains for some other email addresses.
> >
> > I'll post here if I figure it out, too.
> >
> > Thank you again.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > --
> > Alexandra
> >

> > "Henrik Schmidt" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Alexandra,
> > >
> > > we have the same issues, these days in big numbers. Will post if we figure
> > > anything out.
> > >
> > > Best, Henrik.

I've been working with MS as well. Looks like the problem stems from update
rollup 4 for the Outlook client. Downgrading to rollup 3 resolved the issue.
They tell me they're working on a hotfix for this particular issue, but in
the meantime, try reverting back to rollup 3.

Best of luck.

0
Clay (19)
6/29/2009 1:43:01 PM
Thank you, Clay!
--
Alexandra

"clay" wrote:

> I've been working with MS as well. Looks like the problem stems from update
> rollup 4 for the Outlook client. Downgrading to rollup 3 resolved the issue.
> They tell me they're working on a hotfix for this particular issue, but in
> the meantime, try reverting back to rollup 3.
>
> Best of luck.
>
> "Alexandra Ribeiro" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > No, I didn't find any solution yet... We're waiting for a final answer from
> > Microsoft. The only thing asked to check was if the email address was not in
> > CRM as a contact/account or, if it was, if it is duplicated.
> >
> > But in our case, there are some situations where neither of these situations
> > happen and the error remains.
> >
> > If I receive a final solution for this problem, I will post it here.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > --
> > Alexandra
> >

> > "clay" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a client with the same problem.
> > > Only common thing I can find is that the problem emails have at least one
> > > recipient whose address book entry in outlook has the email display name in
> > > the format of "contact name (email@ddress)".  Seems to be that removing the
> > > parentheses and email address portion of the display name eliminates the
> > > error. But this user has THOUSANDS of contacts formatted this way. and why
> > > would the display name field matter anyhow? Incredibly frustrating. Just
> > > upgraded from 3.0 and we never had this problem.

On Jul 7, 2:55=A0am, Alexandra Ribeiro
<AlexandraRibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you, Clay!
> --
> Alexandra
>

> "clay" wrote:
> > I've been working with MS as well. Looks like the problem stems from up=
date
> > rollup 4 for the Outlook client. Downgrading to rollup 3 resolved the i=
ssue.
> > They tell me they're working on a hotfix for this particular issue, but=
 in
> > the meantime, try reverting back to rollup 3.
>
> > Best of luck.
>
> > "Alexandra Ribeiro" wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
>
> > > No, I didn't find any solution yet... We're waiting for a final answe=
r from
> > > Microsoft. The only thing asked to check was if the email address was=
 not in
> > > CRM as a contact/account or, if it was, if it is duplicated.
>
> > > But in our case, there are some situations where neither of these sit=
uations
> > > happen and the error remains.
>
> > > If I receive a final solution for this problem, I will post it here.
>
> > > Thank you.
>
> > > Best Regards,
> > > --
> > > Alexandra

 Just

Does anyone know if Rollup 5 has corrected the problem?  I just had a
client inform me that he's having the same issue as you have mentioned
here.  I know that on other forums they said that Microsoft was not
creating a unique hotfix solely for this problem, but that they might
factor it in to the next rollup.  I've been reviewing the information
on the newest hotfix and I'm not seeing this listed as one of the
solutions, but I'm really not seeing anything specific listed as the
solution in rollup5 other than it's retroactive including rollup 1, 2,
3, and 4.

What would work best for this client?  He is a new install and has
been on rollup 4 since the installation.

Thanks!
Hello,

No,unfortunately it isn't fixed on this Rollup 5 (at least, I tested it on
my own machine, with CRM 4.0, and "Invalid Email Address" error remains for
those specific contacts...) :(

Cheers,
--
Alexandra

"Camp28" wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2:55 am, Alexandra Ribeiro
> <AlexandraRibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Thank you, Clay!
> > --
> > Alexandra
> >

> > "clay" wrote:
> > > I've been working with MS as well. Looks like the problem stems from update
> > > rollup 4 for the Outlook client. Downgrading to rollup 3 resolved the issue.
> > > They tell me they're working on a hotfix for this particular issue, but in
> > > the meantime, try reverting back to rollup 3.
> >
> > > Best of luck.

> Does anyone know if Rollup 5 has corrected the problem?  I just had a
> client inform me that he's having the same issue as you have mentioned
> here.  I know that on other forums they said that Microsoft was not
> creating a unique hotfix solely for this problem, but that they might
> factor it in to the next rollup.  I've been reviewing the information
> on the newest hotfix and I'm not seeing this listed as one of the
> solutions, but I'm really not seeing anything specific listed as the
> solution in rollup5 other than it's retroactive including rollup 1, 2,
> 3, and 4.
>
> What would work best for this client?  He is a new install and has
> been on rollup 4 since the installation.
>
> Thanks!

On Jul 31, 3:31=A0am, Alexandra Ribeiro
<AlexandraRibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> No,unfortunately it isn't fixed on this Rollup 5 (at least, I tested it o=
> my own machine, with CRM 4.0, and "Invalid Email Address" error remains f=
or
> those specific contacts...) :(
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Alexandra
>
> "Camp28" wrote:
> > On Jul 7, 2:55 am, Alexandra Ribeiro
> > <AlexandraRibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Thank you, Clay!
> > > --
> > > Alexandra

> > Does anyone know if Rollup 5 has corrected the problem? =A0I just had a
> > client inform me that he's having the same issue as you have mentioned
> > here. =A0I know that on other forums they said that Microsoft was not
> > creating a unique hotfix solely for this problem, but that they might
> > factor it in to the next rollup. =A0I've been reviewing the information
> > on the newest hotfix and I'm not seeing this listed as one of the
> > solutions, but I'm really not seeing anything specific listed as the
> > solution in rollup5 other than it's retroactive including rollup 1, 2,
> > 3, and 4.
>
> > What would work best for this client? =A0He is a new install and has
> > been on rollup 4 since the installation.
>
> > Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I have come across the same issue. I can't believe it is not fixed in
Rollup 5. Can someone tell me how to downgrade to a previous Rollup as
I saw a previous post from Clay saying that if you revert to Rollup 3
the error doesn't generate.

Leigh
Hello,

To downgrade to a previous rollup I think you just need to uninstall the
other ones (4 and 5), from "Add and Remove Programs" (or "Programs and
Features --> View Installed updates" on Vista).

Cheers
--
Alexandra

"Leigh Milbourne" wrote:

> On Jul 31, 3:31 am, Alexandra Ribeiro
> <AlexandraRibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > No,unfortunately it isn't fixed on this Rollup 5 (at least, I tested it on
> > my own machine, with CRM 4.0, and "Invalid Email Address" error remains for
> > those specific contacts...) :(
> >
> > Cheers,
> > --
> > Alexandra
> >
> > "Camp28" wrote:

> > > Does anyone know if Rollup 5 has corrected the problem?  I just had a
> > > client inform me that he's having the same issue as you have mentioned
> > > here.  I know that on other forums they said that Microsoft was not
> > > creating a unique hotfix solely for this problem, but that they might
> > > factor it in to the next rollup.  I've been reviewing the information
> > > on the newest hotfix and I'm not seeing this listed as one of the
> > > solutions, but I'm really not seeing anything specific listed as the
> > > solution in rollup5 other than it's retroactive including rollup 1, 2,
> > > 3, and 4.
> >
> > > What would work best for this client?  He is a new install and has
> > > been on rollup 4 since the installation.
> >
> > > Thanks!
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have come across the same issue. I can't believe it is not fixed in
> Rollup 5. Can someone tell me how to downgrade to a previous Rollup as
> I saw a previous post from Clay saying that if you revert to Rollup 3
> the error doesn't generate.
>
> Leigh

We have been experiencing this same issue and have a valid work around until
Microsoft develops the solution that will be a part of Update Rollup #5.  To
solve this issue with the invalid e-mail address, do the following:

1.  The stored e-mail addresses in Outlook have given us this issue the
most.  This is not to say that some stored e-mail addresses will not auto
track correctly, just that some might.  Find the culprit e-mail address and
type the e-mail address into the To… line without hitting tab (this will
ensure that the Outlook stored e-mail address is not used) but instead, hit
enter.  Take notice when the e-mail address is underlined.
2.  Once the e-mail address is underlined with a semi-colon behind it, click
Track in CRM.  You will notice that the name of the contact associated with
the e-mail address is listed at the bottom of the e-mail.  NOTE:  If the
e-mail address does not appear, 1 of 2 things happened.  Either the contact
in CRM does not have an e-mail address associated with it yet or an error
occurred finding that contact.  The first thing to do is instruct the user to
save an e-mail address for this contact.  Once the latter of the 2
possibilities is confirmed, you will have to re-create a new e-mail from
scratch and start this process over.  HINT: Saving the e-mail address in
question to the clip board is very helpful.
3.  Have the user type a test e-mail to the e-mail address that was
corrected, and verify that the error has been corrected.

Hope this helps until Microsoft comes to the rescue.

"Alexandra Ribeiro" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> To downgrade to a previous rollup I think you just need to uninstall the
> other ones (4 and 5), from "Add and Remove Programs" (or "Programs and
> Features --> View Installed updates" on Vista).
>
> Cheers
> --
> Alexandra
>

> "Leigh Milbourne" wrote:
>
> > On Jul 31, 3:31 am, Alexandra Ribeiro
> > <AlexandraRibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > No,unfortunately it isn't fixed on this Rollup 5 (at least, I tested it on
> > > my own machine, with CRM 4.0, and "Invalid Email Address" error remains for
> > > those specific contacts...) :(
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > --
> > > Alexandra

> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I have come across the same issue. I can't believe it is not fixed in
> > Rollup 5. Can someone tell me how to downgrade to a previous Rollup as
> > I saw a previous post from Clay saying that if you revert to Rollup 3
> > the error doesn't generate.
> >
> > Leigh

0
Berry (3)
8/13/2009 4:46:02 PM
Can anyone confirm if this has been resolved in Rollup's 6 or 7?

We have just run into the same problem with sending emails to clients with
display name:

'First name.Last name (email address)'

Thanks
Geoff

0
Bon (4)

Transfering E-mails from Machine
I want to transfer my e-mails over from one machine to another machine. Using Outlook how do i go about doing that? What file do i need to copy? ..pst --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sean asked: | I want to transfer my e-mails over from one machine to | another machine. Using Outlook how do i go about doing | that? What file do i need to copy? ...

Largest advisable single mail store in Ex 2k Enterprise?
I have 150 users in one Exchange 2000 Enterprise server. I'm trying to convince management that dividing our 80GB Information Store into 3 smaller stores for quicker backup, restore and smaller downtime windows when ESEUTIL and ISINTEG need to be run (I only run them when told to do so by MS Support). Right now if I had to run ESEUTIL and ISINTEG it'd probably take 2 days to run these utilities until there were no errors. I'd rather take one store down while the others remain online and get this done overnight. I need some ammunition to further my case, as folks outside if IT are ...

Upgraded Outlook, still rejecting email because of file size exceeded
Please help me. I don't know what else to do. Well here is the story: I have an old computer which has outlook 2003 installed on it. Suddenly yesterday i received a warning message saying that, I am about to exceed the limit of my mailbox. I couldn't believe at first, as i always thought that outlook is limited with my harddisk capacity. Well, the other day, when i clicked send/receive, i saw that mails are downloading but none of them are appearing on my mailbox. Then i started reading many articles about the case, and i figured out that the limit of my box is 2gb which i reached al...

duplicate emails #5
I have three email accounts (all same host) and use rules wizard to separate incoming mail to three sub-folders in Inbox. For one of the accounts only, the mail arrives properly in its sub-folder, but a second copy of the emails arrives in the regular Inbox folder. For the other two accounts, the emails arrive only in their appropriate sub-folders. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >I have three email accounts (all same host) and use rules >wizard to separate incoming mail to three sub-folders in >Inbox. For one of the accounts only, the mail arrives >properl...

Invalid File Format
When I start Excel I get an initial message that says ssipro97.dot is an invalid format. Any idea why this would come up? It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works, it's just annoyint. ...

Restricting Mail
I have a windows2003 domain with two servers. I have put exchange 2003 on one of the servers. What i need to do is allow a selection of users to be able to send internally and externally, but allow another selection of users to only send internally. Can this be done? Lee: Yes, if I understand you correctly, this should simple. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html. Regards, Martin MCSA: M "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1db201c4b759$00339790$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a windows2003 domain with two servers. I have put &...

Can't See Text in Incoming Email
I just "upgraded" to Outlook 2003, and now cannot see the text in ANY incoming messages. This includes the email imported from the old version and new email that is coming in. I can see part of text if I select autopreview, but cannot see the text even in the preview pane. Anyone know what the problem is??? Have you: Tried Detect and Repair? A new Mail profile? Turn off your firewall or AV mail scanning? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my perso...

Invalid syntax
I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures in case GetBonus = Yes) Bonus : iif(getBonus = -1;nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3];0) could you help ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Ditch the semicolons. iif( Formula to test,results if true, results if false.) I would guess you want iif(getBonus = -1,nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3],0) peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures...

Change e-mail address of the Monitoring and Status tool
Hi all, Exchange Server offers the great Monitoring and Status tool which can inform about server problems per e-mail. However the sender address is WMI@servername. There are two problems with this address: 1. The message is sorted to the Junk-E-Mail folder by Outlook and there can be no rule applied for it since the sender e-mail address doesn't have a complete domain 2. The message can not be forwarded to an external account since the e-mail domain in the sender address isn't existing Does anyone know how to change the sender e-mail address of the Monitoring and Status tool? Any h...

Multi Company mail store
Hi, I would like multi company mail store in exchange 2000 server. Example abc.com and xyz.com and tyu.edu and etc is there any way one exchange in do it the configuration and how can i the conf. Please send meterial for this. Thanks a lot Hello, Try MS KB Article 262183 : Hosting with Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server HTH Mark "Tolgay G�l" <tolgay@veezy.com> wrote in message news:OmfLw4CqDHA.1084@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > > I would like multi company mail store in exchange 2000 server. Example > abc.com and xyz.com and tyu.edu and etc > is t...

invalid handle
hi frds i m very new in vc++ and i m founding too much difficulty in this so plz can any one solve this problem .... actully i m inserting a image in list box using this code ........ everything is returning write thing still it is saying invalid handle after ImageList_Add(hList,m_hBmpNew,0); when i m going to dibug it plz help me BOOL Fun() { // Create 256 color image lists HIMAGELIST hList = ImageList_Create(32,32, ILC_COLOR8 , 8, 1); HBITMAP m_hBmpNew = (HBITMAP) LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), // handle to instance "c:\\img.bmp", /...

Sending Mail with AOL.COM???
I keep getting error messages when I try to send email via a broadband connection when I am connected to AOL.COM? Is there a way to transfer all UNSENT MALE from Windows Mail to AOL unsent mail box? Thank You Comments inline. "AOL Mail" wrote in message news:B8E22693-1C47-47F0-A002-3CF2E15DD0BF@microsoft.com... > I keep getting error messages when I try to send email via a broadband > connection when I am connected to AOL.COM? I see a question mark but not really a question. There is no reason why you couldn't send mail via broadband using Vista...

Forwarding email to external address.
I have several uses that I need to forward their mail to an external email along with them remaining in there inbox. These are people have Pocket PC phones from different vendors and I am not going to support different vendors software and open up ports. We are using exchange 2003 sp1 and outlook 2003 with all updated. Tried setting up a rule that stated forward all mail to that user to their internet email that is in their contacts. It did not work. Any ideas? On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:18:03 -0700, "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have several us...

Can't download to Address B ook
I downloaded newly purchased Office Pro Edition 2003. Outlook downloaded all files from old Outlook Express account. I believe my addresses from Outlook Express were downloaded into my In Box folder. How do I export the address to my Address Book. An error message indicates I do not have permission to open my Address book. thanks, Tom Could you tell us a little more clearly what you mean? I assume you mean you installed Office 2003 when you said you downloaded it. Were you given the option to import information from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003? If so, how did respond? What do you ...

CRM 3.0 Client doesn't show up in the Add/Remove Programs list Win
I am trying to follow the procedure below, from the CRM Implementation manual chapter 21. However, I cannot do step 3, as every install I have done so far (offline & online) has not entered anything into Add\Remove programs. (The Windows admin said he sees the registry keys in place that disallow the ability to uninstall the app.) So is this documentation incorrect? Or, my actual question is: What is the recommended method for a complete and clean uninstall of the CRM Outlook client - both the online and offline versions ==== Excerpt from the manual ============ Uninstall the Micro...

Cannot print messages in Windows Live Mail, only addressees
Very suddenly I cannot print any longer the content (body, messages) of Windows Live Mail. Only the top with the addressees print out. I am using Windows 7, Windows Live Mail, Internet Explorer 8, and mostly Mozilla Firefox 3.6. Printer works on all other applications, a Epson Stylus NX515. Should I try another e-mail application? Which one and will it import all my e-mails and folders? "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message news:ucA#bJgyKHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Very suddenly I cannot print any longer the content (body, messages) o...

override original "From" with Address Book entries
Hi, I've got the following problem: before we moved to Exchange 2003 our Exchange Server 2000 by default changed the "From"-field-entry of every arriving message and replaced the original "From"-text with the appropriate entry from the Global Address Book. Example: If a sender (john.smith@somecompany.com) configured his eMail-client to place "John T. Smith" into the "From"-field of every outgoing message and we had an entry for his eMail-address in our Global Address Book but with a different text, for example "John Smith, Somecompany",...

E-mail attachment
When printing my 'sent' mail, how do I make it so the filename of my attachemnt is shown? That completely depends on your version of Outlook. For an overview of options see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/83 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tigermom" <tigermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41DD56F2-E677-43DD-B186-A13CB21EB832@...

how to set up outlook for my three e mail account setp by setp
I am new to outlook, trying to set up outlook but failed. I have four different e mail account, can all three be clubbed together in outlook. Step by Step guidence appreciated. Thanks in advance Yes, you can use more than one account in outlook. http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/profile/profile.htm Repeat steps 4 - 8 for each account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter abo...

E-mail attachments
I have Windows XP Media Center Edition Internet Explorer 8 McAfee with MSN (note McAfee scans e-mail messages and attachments I cannot attach a folder to an e-mail using either MSN or AOL mail. I can only attach individual files.I know that in the past I was able to attach folders. I may have been using an earlier version of IE. I get a message above the e-mail (in yellow yellow bar)- Viruses or unsafe files were detected in one or more attached files. The following attachments were removed or cleared then it gives the name of the document and says lnk (removed) and I get ...

duplicate emails arriving in inbox
This morning I got 3 of the same emails twice (3 from New York Times and 3 from University of Texas at Tyler> Why is this? I got some kind of message that said: The file C:\Documents and Settings\Karen\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook pst couldn't be accessed. Data error (cyclic redundancy check). It wouldn't let me delete the extra 2 NY Times emails because above message came up. Also, tried to download critical Office update and it was unsuccessful without any type of error message. Help, please, I'm computer challenged. Thanks, Karen Kaylynn1...

Invalid Property Value
I have a macro that uses an input form to populate a spreadsheet. There are various validations that run prior to the data populating. On one validation if an incorrect choice has been made from a drop down box a error message prompts the user to select again form the drop down box and will not populate until a valid selection has been made. I am now getting an Excel warning message (exclamation message) saying 'Invalid Property Value' after the spreadsheet has populated which only happens if an invalid selection has been made and corrected from the drop down box. If the ...

Form to send by Email
I just made a small form in Excel with the intention of copying and pasting it into an email message. The recipient would read it, then click on "reply" and go down and complete the form. Everything works except I included a control box where a check mark would appear when the box is selected by the recipient. This box doesn't work at all. Does anyone know why? Also, I am not too sure overall how to make up a form that I can use for completion via email. ...

Printing E mails
In Outlook 2003 when I print an E mail received or sending in most instances, the address details, ie From-Sent-To Etc are not printed, only the text in full. You haven't, by any chance, installed IE7, have you? -Peter "bazer" <bazer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E25345E4-5EF5-450F-9EFE-CFA323FB24A6@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2003 when I print an E mail received or sending in most > instances, > the address details, ie From-Sent-To Etc are not printed, only the text > in > full. Hi Peter, Yes I have "Peter Durkee"...

A 2nd version 2007 contact address book?
Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. I do not use enterprise, just ppo. tia shellyf wrote: > Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? > If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain > e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. Point to the Contacts folder. Right-click. Add new subfolder and name whatever you like. Now you have another contact-type folder. If ...